Sup Cred Forums

Sup Cred Forums.

I have a great hatred for this device. Here are some reasons:

- It can not "forget" a device. So if an offline device had a static IP, there is nothing you can do to change it (as you can only edit online devices)

-When selecting "block all internet access" it only works for IPv4 sites, not IPv6 ones, like facebook.

- When I enable bridge mode, I can no longer ping the device nor am I assigned IPv4 DNS servers. A full factory reset fixes it for a while, but must be done via phone.

-it costs $12.00 a month

What modems/routers do you guys recommend?

Also, if possible, when blocking internet access to various devices I would like it not to tell my kids they are blocked, but just that the internet is not working.

I also want something with more features, such as mac cloning.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ARRIS-SURFboard-SB6190-DOCSIS-Cable/dp/B016PE1X5K
amazon.com/Linksys-Certified-Comcast-Xfinity-CM3024/dp/B01DACQM9M/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1474335335&sr=1-1&keywords=LINKSYS CM3024 DOCSIS 3.0 CABLE MODEM (24X8 BONDED CHANNELS)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mikrotik hEX is supposed to be good.

How's the software? I don't really want to get screwed again by it.

Also, do you guys think I should get a modem and a router or a combo?

Supposedly pretty good.
Will that xfinity equipment do bridge mode? If so just buy the hEX and some used Cisco AP.

It will not. Well it does, but I can't access any IPv4 sites because mine is fucked up (drops IPv4 DNS and gateway in bridge)

I am looking at NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 – Wi-Fi. Anyone know how good/bad genie is?

Same situation OP. It also does not give you the ability to change your IP address, I really need something else.

This is also a huge problem for me. Thanks to no mac cloning I can't change the IP at all, so if I get b& from various places I stay b&.

Exactly man, exactly. I want to be able to switch IPs! It's good to change it every once in a while.

It's garbage. All in one shit never works right as you've experienced.

So then what modem and router do you recommend?

I bought a motorola/arris 6141 when I got my cable because fuck renting a modem you have no real control over. Works as intended. I bought a cheap TP link AC 1900 router and it functions fine.

Modem is going to be dictated by your ISP. Check their website for compatible models. Gateway: EdgeRouter Lite or EdgeRouter X depending on what features you need
Access point: AP AC Lite

Just works. You can also throw in any old gigabit switch if you need more wired connectivity.

Between the
amazon.com/ARRIS-SURFboard-SB6190-DOCSIS-Cable/dp/B016PE1X5K

and the

amazon.com/Linksys-Certified-Comcast-Xfinity-CM3024/dp/B01DACQM9M/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1474335335&sr=1-1&keywords=LINKSYS CM3024 DOCSIS 3.0 CABLE MODEM (24X8 BONDED CHANNELS)

what do you guys think is better? Software is important.

get a refurbished 6121 and anything by tp-link

if it costs you more than $60 total you're doing it wrong

>Get a Motorola SB6141
>Get a WRT1200AC or something similar
>install OpenWRT on the router
>???
>Profit!

but seriously, the WRT1200AC or the 1900 are both good
I haven't played with the web site blocking features of openwrt but you could always
use iptables on the device instead if they don't do what you want.

>what do you guys think is better?
Check. The. List.

>cant ping it
>cant get dns via dhcp

holy shit who fucking cares?

Well I'd like to be able to exit bridge mode without doing a full reset.

The arris has intel nics, unlike shitsys

Netgear nighthawk x8