Monitor advice

Is this monitor worth $325? If not, whats a good QHD monitor?

amazon.com/dp/B00SPWPF1O

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ASUS-PB258Q-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Monitor/dp/B00VRKVGJG
pcpartpicker.com/product/Rk98TW/aoc-monitor-u2879vf
tomshardware.com/reviews/aoc-u2879vf-28-inch-4k-uhd-freesync-monitor,4575-8.html
youtube.com/watch?v=F5iCuzYLN3w
bestbuy.com/site/lg-27-ips-led-4k-uhd-freesync-monitor/4922001.p?skuId=4922001
bestbuy.com/site/lg-27-ips-led-4k-uhd-freesync-monitor/4922001.p?id=bb4922001&skuId=4922001
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you dont need the USB hub and displayport passthrough, the PB258Q from asus uses the same exact panel as that dell for like $40 less.

amazon.com/ASUS-PB258Q-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Monitor/dp/B00VRKVGJG

1440p monitors are dead thanks to this 4k display at $299-349

pcpartpicker.com/product/Rk98TW/aoc-monitor-u2879vf

tomshardware.com/reviews/aoc-u2879vf-28-inch-4k-uhd-freesync-monitor,4575-8.html

Modern TN is nearly as good as a VA display

>QHD
How does it feel to be poor?

What is a QHD?

I want IPS though. I don't really play games as much, I just want a good looking display for programming on. Also is AOC a good brand?

Better than my 1080p monitor from like 7 years ago.

>this turd is better than my old shit, therefore it's good

Unless you're doing photoshop work modern TN is fine

which display here is IPS and which is TN?

So recommend something, jackass.

Yeah because i can really tell the difference on my display from a photgraph you fucking retard.

Not to mention that windows (and most windows programs) look like shit with high dpi.

I know very little about monitors, and I'm having a hard time comparing them objectively.

I can't tell because I'm using a TN panel.

Right IPS, left TN

Actually i take that back.
Right seems to have more lightbleed so it's probably IPS. But it's still a retarded mode of comparison.

The monitors are actually that close in real life, your display doesn't exactly matter

lol, backwards, the one on the right is TN, you can tell because of the black levels,, the top right is much darker on it

You're actually an idiot.

They are both TN. Or the IPS one is some bargain bin piece of shit from Corea.

>your display doesn't matter.
Yes it does you fucking retard.
How can you jusge colour reproduction when it's limited to the capabilities of your monitor and the camera.
Next gonna ask me to guess the resolution as if I could tell from my display.

Just get a Dell IPS 16:10

if I took a picture of a shitty old TN panel next to an IPS panel you could tell the difference, modern TN is fine, that's why that image can work, because it's just about that close in real life

IPS one is basic yes, but I also have a 1440p korean display, they look pretty similar

I got the 27 inch model and it's the nicest display I've witnessed
Go for it

Should I get 4k@60hz or 2k@144hz?

It's physically impossible to gauge the quality of a display from a photgraph 10/10 times. Even if i was on a 99.9% rgb 4k display (which im obviously not) ans you were using an insanely high quality camera (which your obviously not)

4k all day

The former
144hz is nice but not really a big deal.

I appreciate that you like the monitor, but I was looking for more of an objective comparison.

It looks really nice, but as mentioned in , there may be cheaper yet equivalent alternatives.

youtube.com/watch?v=F5iCuzYLN3w

I'm thinking that I might get this monitor, thoughts Cred Forums?

QHD stands for Quad HD.
HD is 1280x720.
Quad HD is four times (hence quad) 1280x720, or 2560x1440.

At 27" is the higher resolution really worth a lower refresh rate?

>IPS one is basic yes, but I also have a 1440p korean display, they look pretty similar

They're both shit. An Ultrasharp is miles ahead in panel quality.

and in price

but in any case
Ya, I'd go for the $299-349 TN 4k 28" display over an IPS 1440p display at this point for sure, dat 4k desktop is amazing

Hey user, can you tell the panel tech in the TV i am using to watch MNF from this picture i took from my phone?
You can't?
Then it's a meme!
You should buy a CRT, you can't even tell it's PLS from this picture i just took!

How about none of them and get an LG 4K 27" IPS Freesync monitor for $399.

bestbuy.com/site/lg-27-ips-led-4k-uhd-freesync-monitor/4922001.p?skuId=4922001

How long until I can get a 4k OLED 27" Variable refresh monitor for under $500 Canadian?

It's probably IPS

That's also a pretty solid one

>Ya, I'd go for the $299-349 TN 4k 28" display over an IPS 1440p display at this point for sure, dat 4k desktop is amazing

Are you blind or retarded?

Looks nice, but it probably looks like shit with wangblows.

I've tried 4k on my 24" display, and given how close I sit to my monitor, it was nearly usable, 27" for me would be fine for most things

Holy shit id buy that if the Canadian dollar wasn't fucked.
I bought my korean 1440p ips for only like $100 less than that a few years ago.

>24" 4k
Fucking why?
That's more PPi than you will ever need

Using virtual resolution through my GPU, to see what a 4k desktop is like, and damned it is it nice, currently trying to sell my 1080p 144hz display and get a 27" 4k display

you can never have enough pp

>being blind

is Ultrawide a meme? I tried a 1440p Ultrawide at the microshill store amd loved it. But im worried it wouldn't work with my multimonitor setup (one 27" Above and one portrait 24" beside)
Ah. You were testing scaling.
Thought you actually had a 4k monitor at that size.
4k for 27" or greater monitor, 60" or bigger tv. Literally never on a phone.

>tfw Dell's 30" 2560x1600 is more expensive than their 32", 34" 3440x1440, and 43" 4k monitors
I guess I'll kill myself.

>Thought you actually had a 4k monitor at that size.
They sell 4k phones dude

I know. Doesn't make you not a retard for buying one.

It's possibly useful for VR

I suppose that's fair.
I'll give you that one.

ayyy, i got two of these bitches.

They're great when mounted.

No it isn't.
Not when the only "4k" phone out there won't render that shit at any higher than 1080p.

It could probably do 4k video playback, but in any case it would be more for sending an image to the display or something

I don't know man, of course it's retarded, it's like something apple would do

A lot of mobile """vr""" content is just 360vr videos.
For games or anything real time rendering you obviously will need a serious desktop GPu for the next sizable amount of time.

I don't think it even does that.
Last I heard, that Xperia only showed pictures at 4k resolution, using Sony's own app. Everything else being 1080p.

Mostly for battery reasons.
I can stream 4k to my phone no problem it's just a matter of the display.

Besides the Xperia line isn't exactly usi my the most powerful SoCs

Scaling at 200% looks fine on my 1440p monitor. Scaling on the OS itself is fine, it's just that a lot of developers still haven't implemented hidpi support on their programs.

This problem isn't that bad on linux because gtk/qt programs uses the scalable vector icons from whatever icon set you're using (like numix) and the text doesn't get blurry on old gtk2 and qt4 programs.

16:10 is more worth it, if you like to have more vertical information on screen.

I had a shitty AOC 1080p TN panel for years, not realising that it produced to much blue.
Switched to the Dell 25" QHD Ultrasharp and its the best experience.
If it was in 100Hz+ I would buy it all over again.

how the fuck can you justify a 30" 2560x1600 for $1250 over a 27" 2560x1440p for $400.

Thinking of getting the U2515H. I could get it for about 290€ if the offer is still available on December, otherwise it'll be something like 320€.

Question is, is 25" good for 1440p? 27" version costs nearly 200€ more but it'd feel absurd to pay that much for a 2" difference.

Going to do some gaming, Photoshop and coding on it.

It's fine, 117PPI vs 109PPI on the 27", that means the 25"is slightly sharper.

No GUI scaling is required, you can still read text just fine, nothing is too small.

Thanks for the info, buddy. I don't think even women would pay 200€ extra for two more inches.

I have the 2415 and I really like it.

women would make u pay for it either way.

Kek

Any opinions on the Benq xl2411t? I know the colors are shit but I heard it can be fixed with the right settings.

Has anyone overclocked U2515H without dropping frames?

I can't speak on that model specifically, but I have the 34' curved and it's gorgeous.

>25 inches

>mfw i just bought a 120 native hrt 40 inch HDTV with 0-255 color range for that same price on that same site

>QHD
Shiggity

I got my Samsung 4k monitor with freesync for the same price.
Any 4k monitor is a huge upgrade from QHD.
Even though the 4k monitor has a TN panel, the colors look just as good as on my Korean QHD PLS monitor.
The only gripe I have with it are the top and bottom viewing angles.

What case is that?

Pretty sure it's a Corsair case. That cable routing, and the grommets, pretty typical of Corsair. You need help finding the exact one?

bestbuy.com/site/lg-27-ips-led-4k-uhd-freesync-monitor/4922001.p?id=bb4922001&skuId=4922001

Looks like an Obsidian case, definitely full sized. The 750D (current gen) doesn't come with 2 stack-able drive racks the the one in the pic.

Certainly in this line though.