Can we get a mini PC thread? I find them fascinating, aside from lack of upgrades. Small form factor, anything really...

Can we get a mini PC thread? I find them fascinating, aside from lack of upgrades. Small form factor, anything really. From 11.6" laptops to small NUCs.

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Latest-windows-8-mini-pc-mini-fanless-desktop-pc-with-Dual-Intel-82574L-Gigabit-Nics-Walk/32255088559.html
amazon.com/dp/B00S44A072/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=UBX4R2OI9ZU3&coliid=I3LZTOSER85F1E
pcpartpicker.com/list/zbP28K
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

They were DOA because they are way overpriced

I use a mini-pc I bought from China on Aliexpress for my router, running pfSense. Uses almost now power, has no fan and never goes above 30 degrees celsius, temperature-wise. It cost about $300 which will pay for itself in money saved on electricity costs. I couldn't be happier.

Link?

Seems to be a different model, with the antennas placed differently: aliexpress.com/item/Latest-windows-8-mini-pc-mini-fanless-desktop-pc-with-Dual-Intel-82574L-Gigabit-Nics-Walk/32255088559.html

Or you can just buy Thin Clients and hook them up to a Windows Multipoint Server machine.

What about stuff like raspberry pi/banana pi/orange pi/etc/etc/etc

>I use a mini-pc I bought from China on Aliexpress for my router,

how is hooking up a computer to your router going to save you money on electricity ?

This, if you pay your own bills and live in a place where the price of electricity is high, these mini pcs are fantastic. They do pay for themselves in terms of a comparable build factoring in all use costs. All storage worth storing should in a NAS with some sort of redundancy. HTPCs are also a great use scenario for mini pcs.

It's not, he's retarded

Gonna be building a mini PC actually and using it as a emulation box.

amazon.com/dp/B00S44A072/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=UBX4R2OI9ZU3&coliid=I3LZTOSER85F1E

pcpartpicker.com/list/zbP28K

I think I didn't explain it well. Previously I had been using an old PC running pfSense for my router, which was using a lot of electricity. I used one of those Kill-a-watt meters to check it was costing $100/yr. The mini-pc is costing a fraction of that to run.

Still waiting for a good thunderbolt gpu dock

What's the best performance/value mini-PC for around $200-300ish? It doesn't have to be that small, even it's about 2 or 3 times bigger then a Mac Mini I wouldn't care too much.

What does a computer with pfsense do that a $50 linksys won't?

he thinks hackers are getting into his home network and has to monitor every packet to stop them

>What's the best performance/value mini-PC for around $200-300ish? It doesn't have to be that small, even it's about 2 or 3 times bigger then a Mac Mini I wouldn't care too much.

then just buy a mac mini user

She's cute.

Back in 2003 I used the best firewall program ever, it was Agnitum Outpost Firewall, it worked amazingly because it would let you see every connection established by your computer by what program or service in a listing format, why can't the router firmwares specially like the OpenWRT or DDWRT do that???

Those are way more expensive then that though.

CHROME BOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It'll fit right in with your new Pixel XL