Got a CCNA

>Got a CCNA
>Can't even get an interview for a helpdesk job

Why the fuck did I fall for the IT meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

ccna5.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Move to a place with a booming IT industry then.

Are you a FUCKING WHITE MALE?

No, esse

You're probably considered white. If you were a black woman maybe you might actually deserve that shitty job.

Isn't the cost a fraction compared to college? Even less if you download videos and books instead.

What if I just identify as a black woman?

Yeah, but still. I also wasted my time doing a bunch of GNS3 and hypervisor home projects.

They'll think you're a FUCKING WHITE MALE pretending to be a black woman. STEM is fucked up, don't worry if you can't get a job in it few people can. You'll see trolls responding to this post, but they're trolls (you really think someone would lie on the internet?).

We all fell for the STEM meme, no one around 18 could have predicted how it'd turn out. No one wanted to believe being a white male was such a problem back when we were studying. All we can hope for now is to wait for feminism to die down sooner than later so the standards aren't so skewed. At the moment, someone like me can't get a job without a near perfect GPA and magically having work experience.

Shit sucks and every year you don't have a job makes you even less likely to be hired.

>telling poor people to move
Are you dumb or so blue pilled that you actually believe truly poor people can afford the transportation and accommodation costs? Those migrants you see on TV are middle class.

Well if you are too poor to move you probably should have looked at the local job market and picked a career based on that instead of thinking a CCNA was a golden ticket fucknuts.

Literally everything said that CS/IT had the best job growth back in 09 when I graduated, it looked like the best field if you actually wanted a job.

Now women are proven to get jobs twice as easily with the same qualifications. That's like a 1.5gpa woman being equal to a 3.0gpa man. No one could have predicted it'd be this bad because unless you're a feminazi (you know, 80% of HR workers) this is as absurd as it looks.

No one could have expected the anti white male thing would get so bad none of the hundred places I've applied for would accept one. Considering it's being done in the name of equality this is as weird and unpredictable as it seems. It's stupid and pointless and there's nothing anyone can do about it, because the stupid and pointless people behind it are blinded by their internet echo chambers.

Again, there is nothing anyone can do until everyone realises there's a problem here.

You should just put down you identify as a woman. Don't worry about getting called out you sound like a such a whiny bitch they'll never suspect a thing.

>getting shitty about being unemployed for three years basically because I'm a guy is whining
Thanks for your empathy.

BTW I'm better at tech than you :^)

>unemployed for 3 years

Theres your problem you stupid fuck. Employers hate employment gaps more then Cred Forums hates niggers and jews. HR people are retards that think that if you spent more then 3 months unemployed you are a worthless piece of shit (which in your case is true). Go hold down a menial job like the rest of us had to instead of living off mommy and daddy and maybe HR will stop throwing your resume into the trash the second they get to the employment section.

>Now women are proven to get jobs twice as easily with the same qualifications. That's like a 1.5gpa woman being equal to a 3.0gpa man. No one could have predicted it'd be this bad because unless you're a feminazi (you know, 80% of HR workers) this is as absurd as it looks.

Its been that way for years, you're just now figuring it out?

If you want a job you got to move your ass, you can't afford to live in another city then live in your car, get a $10 a month gym membership where you can clean up everyday and then go to work, when you get your high paid job then get a place

>get shit job doing tech support for ISP
>year later, promoted into tier 2 group
>year later, promoted into their NOC

no college degree or certs. many IP engineers don't have CCNA's where i work either - most are promoted from within. the stuff really isn't that hard to learn if you are around it all the time. (and actually like doing it... IP engineers need to know a lot more than just cisco stuff)

Lol .. a ccna? Everyone just cheats to get them (ie. Poo in loos), they aren't worth shit. Worked with a ccnp who was borderline retarded, and with much better techs who weren't even Cisco quald, but had good experience and intelligence. Ccna is a meme.
I'm on 150k+ in networking with no ccna. Just skills and reputation.

Long story short they probably would prefer u have ITIL if you're going for help desk. But who wants a pleb help desk role anyway?

>the employment gap meme
dude just whitewash that. as long as you dont focus on it neither will they if you come off as sincere.
Not everyone has to be some working cuck slave to employment

Good luck trying to whitewash 3 years of unemployment. You can whitewash 6 months to a year pretty easily but 3 years? Fat chance.

>Anything beyond level 1 helpdesk now needs a computer science degree.

Should have picked a non-Pajeet infested career path.

It's who you know not what you know, even for IT.

Even a six month gap virtually makes you unemployable. Hope OP knows some people.

>easier said than done

muh safety net experience invalidates your issues

What you mean like Earth? Where we have the Internet and you can work for people regardless of location? Already there bro.

What the hell kind of field do you work in where this shit matters? Many people leave jobs over family issues or going back to school, it's not that big of a deal.

I don't get it either essay, but thats how it be.

I'll add to When I was going around town looking for work, anything just work, bitches from HR at different companies and temp agencies, literally asked me "why are you applying for this job"

Because I need the money/Because I need a job, is the the right answer either. I still don't know what they want to hear, but always made some shit up.

>Are you dumb or so blue pilled that you actually believe truly poor people can afford the transportation and accommodation costs?
>Calling other people dumb
>While being too dumb to aquire enough money to buy a fuckin train ticket
Kill yourself you dumb idiot, every bit of oxygen you breath is a waste.

>living in a shit part of whatever country

>What the hell kind of field do you work in where this shit matters?
This matters in every field kid.
People who don't want to work are generally hated by companies.

Mad as fukk

>Many people leave jobs over family issues or going back to school
That's not a gap you dumbfuck, he did literally shit nothing.

>I still don't know what they want to hear
They want to hear that you are worshipping their company and are dedicating your life to their prosperity. Easy shit.

Is working a lesser job for a couple of years considered a gap in employment?

The HR people I dealt with were independent from the company they hired for, in fact when you are applying you are not told what company you are applying for, thats the shit I had to deal with. What do you say to them then

>Is working a lesser job for a couple of years considered a gap in employment?
In most companies it is at least better than doing nothing. Using the earned money to do evening classes on the job you really want does help a lot too.

That does not matter at all. They get paid to find people who are dedicated to the company and do not leave if they have to work overtime or do things they don't like.
Everything you say that makes them think you would easily leave the company for a better offer is bad. Even having kids and a wife is good for them because that shows you need the money. People want to own you. That's how it is.

>calling people kid
I'm 32 years old and worked in IT for the majority of my adult life.

>people who don't want to work

You sound like one of those asshole managers who never gets invited to coworker functions, because you constantly want to talk about work outside of work, don't have much of a personality or sense of humor, family or friends. People work to live, not live to work.

It is a gap and generally companies don't have an issue with it as long as it wasn't for an extremely large period of time where your knowledge is outdated or useless.

You underestimate your coworkers. It's not only managers who hate people that don't work, it is basically everyone who does work a lot that hates people who don't.

Besides that I am 36 and work in IT for 12 years now and I employed all my coworkers in my department, if I would employ lazy fucks I would shoot myself in the knee.

I do not ever talk about my work out of work because most of my mates would have no clue what I'm talking about.

>it is basically everyone who does work a lot that hates people who don't.

Even though he sounds like an ass, he's got a point there.

When you end up cleaning up other peoples shit work because they do barely the minimums required of the job it hurts everybody else.

I became the guy some co workers didn't like because I couldn't stand that they wouldn't do their damn job. However also has a point, there’s more to work than just getting the job done, but the jobs are different, I can't compare IT(your field) with distribution of soft drinks(mine) where you have to talk and have good relations with all kinds of different people from cashiers to managers and sales reps for cooling companies.

You need to lighten up some. Sometimes bad shit happens to good people and it is outside their control, it doesn't make them bad workers.

>You need to lighten up some. Sometimes bad shit happens to good people and it is outside their control, it doesn't make them bad workers.
They usually can explain that. That's why I tend to invite a lot of people to interviews. Our HR department does a preselection before though, so I'm not completely in control.

Of course if someone I know applies I would prefer them.

Get your CCIE. You're almost there

>Of course if someone I know applies I would prefer them.

How are you to know that? I for example, have zero qualifications for the job that I did, however, I was the one who kept things moving to the point where management would come to me to help them figure out how to get things done. I don't even have a highschool diploma. Yet if I were to apply to the very same job with my competitor who happens to be more corporate, they ask for a college degree.

I'm just fucked I guess, going to college anyway, so hopefully I'll have better chances

>How are you to know that?
If I have one I don't know and one I know I would invite both. I would still be biased.
And a friend of mine who is completely unqualified would not apply for that job, because he already knows that I know he isn't the right person for that job. Simple.
Contacts are the key. But they are not the only option.
College though is probably your best option. A college degree still counts more than any cert for most of HR people.

With this: ccna5.net/

IT jobs are on the West Coast, East Coast, South East and Minneapolis and Chicago... thats the jist of it

Because certain ITfags love to propagate it everywhere.

On the plus side, id rather be dead than work helpdesk so just keep studying and apply for network roles.

Make up your past experience. Fuck these concerned employer cucks and their ideal wageslave demands. Dont feel bad for them