Is Slackware still the best Linux distribution?

Why aren't you using Slackware, Cred Forums?

>Simple, easy to edit init scripts
>Supports Unix development out of the box: GCC included in the default install
>Both stable releases and a rolling -current branch
>All upstream software with little to no changes
>Dedicated community providing build scripts for third party software similar to AUR
>Oldest and is the original Linux distribution
>No systemd bloat NSA backdoor like the rest
>Coolest sounding name and used by 1337 hackers in the 90's to hack the gibson

Other urls found in this thread:

slackpkg.ytmnd.com
docs.slackware.com/howtos:multimedia:pulseaudio_non-default
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>no dependency resolution

Tempted to try it out in the future honestly, maybe on an older system due to the perf hog that is systemd

yeah, it is a good distro, i used it for years, but have since started using antiX and i have salix-14.2 on a laptop, salix is the lazy slackers slackware, absolute is pretty good too

anything without systemD is good as far as i am concerned

The deal breaker. I used it once, but that was a nightmare and the default install is totally bloat'd. It's only good for you if you don't want to find changes for the sake of of the change.
>pkgsrc is recommended btw

sounds like a worse bsd

slackpkg.ytmnd.com

>what is slapt-get

Because nixOS is better and gets me even more special snowflake points

Because slackware is stupid. It used to be good but pat has gone full retard and errors and instabilities show up. Also, pat, the stupid fucker, put pulseaudio in because one user ws too lazy to use wired headphones instead of bluetooth. Fuck slackware.

haven't used it within the last 10 years, but installing software was a nightmare an slackware back then, and today it's just not relevant anymore. if you work with linux you have to use either rhel/centos or debian.

Pulseaudio was to ensure Bluetooth worked. You actually would want a distro to ship broken just to satisfy your autism? You can uninstall Bluetooth and pulseaudio and switch back to alsa.

>No systemd bloat NSA backdoor like the rest

They introduced Pulseaudio in 14.2

So Bluetooth will work. You can easily uninstall it.

They should have just stayed with the old bluez version, it worked just as bad.

Fuck off lennart

It was incompatible with alsa they said

Fuck off sperg

So what? It doesn't hurt anything.

The new bluez version is incompatible with ALSA.
The old one isn't.

autists might as well get used to systemD because it's becoming the standard in every distro and even critical system and DE packages are starting to depend on it.

There's nothing evil about it, It's GPL you can look at the source yourself and see if theres anything in it.

when bitches won't listen.

Fuck off lennart

This distro is only for the greasiest of neckbeards

>There's nothing evil about it, It's GPL you can look at the source yourself and see if theres anything in it.
So is Android and Chrome, yet they still track everything up to your pissing habits

It was by far the best distro in the dial-up days. I fucking loved it bcs simplicity and the best installer ever
Theres no point on using it today since Arch exists and broadband has made debian a usable distro (back in the day you needed at least 3 CDs to get a functional desktop)

Also, didnt Pat abandon it recently

Because gentoo exists. Has every one of these features, and PORTAGE.

If you don't use it, don't install it. Pat is a KDE shill too.

>what is Replicant.

KDE you can easily deselect, if you don't need it.

A fork of Android, i.e. not Android.

>not used to run anything important
>not running any website's webserver
>owner gave up after wageslaving job let him go and now he doesn't have time anymore
>keeps claiming it's better because it's older with no specific reason why
>shitty package manager that was only added in the last 2 years while every other distro had this for a decade plus
>full of incompetent shits who unironically say "all the software you need is on the CD" which is on the road to becoming BSD tier toxic in which they can't get anything to work on their system and just say "all ports are cancer"
>spergs hate systemd because it became a meme and don't even know what an init system does
>unemployable vocal hipsters who spend all their time ricing desktops and jacking off in IRC
>picking a linux distro by how cool you think it sounds

I'm not using it because my time is valuable.

you might as well deselect it considering they wont support kde5 and kde4 is depricated.

>implying systemd can't be forked.

I'm not reading that because my time is valuable (not really).

>implying you can "just fork it" a codebase that's more spaghettified than the kernel itself
RHEL know well why the code is how it is.

cool cop out hipster
you made the thread and wanted attention so here it is

slackware's for hipsters and wannabe-oldfags who think that age matters and haven't been relevant for two decades

is that short enough?

Short but a still waste.

little hint: I'm not OP.

Isn't about the source, it's becoming a pain to even audit anything related to systemd

>Android
>GPL

are you the guy that shitposts in BSD threads

I quite literally have pity for those who don't use Slackware.

that's the best part

Fuck off you piece of shit hipster, Slackware is stuck in the 90s. Install a real OS like arch linux, it's modern.

fuck off retard

Butthurt hipster

>actually falling for bait that shitty

>chrome
>GPL

You have literally no idea what you're talking about.

>implying it's not the truth
Why should Slackware still exist? Why should it be different for sake of being different?

You know you have a shit white trash "lifestyle choice" when all your threads go

>why aren't you using this obscure piece of shit?
>because its a piece of shit
>"fuck off"

Who made the thread? You
Who doesn't have a shred of evidence to support their shit-on-purpose distro? You

This is about attention.

You fuck off.

>Why should it be different for sake of being different?
What? It's the most conservative distro out there.

It's for kids who want to pretend they're in the 90s. Gives you little software and then expects you to get the rest yourself, especially if there are a lot of dependencies.

wrong

This.

>lol I'm so cool for getting into Linux (Ubuntu)
>go to any Linux community
>oh shit
>hey guise I use Slackware nao xddd imma olfag xddd I was here first

i feel like pablo

Man, all this shitposting against slackware in this thread is insane. It works and it's simplistic. It might lack the bells and whistles other distros have, but I respect it. It does it's job of getting a basic GNU/Linux install setup and leaves the rest of the distro into the users hands.

Just ignore it, it's always the same shitposter in every Slackware thread.

If you don't have a purpose in using Slack then you won't get anything out of it or understand it. This is not really different to any other software.

It's impossible to audit so its as bad as closed source

umm, no, there are a few distros that refuse to use systemD so you can take your Borg philosophy and cram it up your backside

lennart is just butthurt they still haven't adopted his bloated mess of an init system

again, is he the anti-BSD shitposter

he does the exact same bullshit there too

Lack of dependency resolution sounds like a major pain in the ass

It's available optionally through slapt-get.
Or you can also use Salix that has it pre-configured.

It's a bit of a pain at first, but all you really need is the source code and the proper slackbuild script for it and compile it yourself if a pre-compiled binary for it doesn't exist.

Don't forget about slackpkg+, which extends slackpkg to allow for third party repos so you can update multilib easily.

Don't get me wrong I can see the value in it

But I think that's about the point I might admit my autism levels are insufficient

Yeah but that doesn't do dependency resolution, and slapt-src already does third party repos.

>14.1 more recent than 14.2
Yeah I'm not downloading this botnet shit. Can't trust it

>botnet
stop spouting out memes. You can remove pulseaudio to use ALSA as described here
docs.slackware.com/howtos:multimedia:pulseaudio_non-default

Mate I didn't say jack SHIT about pulseaudio I commented on an old isolated being updated after the fact, probably to inject wiruzes

Oh, I thought you were another user complaining about pulseaudio and were just here to spout memes.