Sup, Cred Forums. This MacBook Pro just got here at work and I'm the IT boy and am supposed to upgrade its ram...

Sup, Cred Forums. This MacBook Pro just got here at work and I'm the IT boy and am supposed to upgrade its ram. Thing is, I don't know it's exact model or year, and I can't see the ram. Never worked with a MacBook Pro and it's uncommon for people to have one since I live in a third world country,

Halp

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/en-us/HT201165
eshop.macsales.com/shop/ssd/owc/macbook-pro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lift that plastic tab to the right, just above the battery you dunce.
What kind of pajeet are you

First of all you should have turned the bitch on before you started raping it and you could've found the model and then on another computer googled how to change the RAM of that specific model

There's no ram under the plastic tab. I checked.
Can't login, I don't have the password.

The third world has Cred Forums but it doesn't have google?

>close it up
>turn it on
>get model (will be season, year, size, and retina or not, ie Late 2010 13")
>turn off
>google "How to replace RAM on Late 2010 13" macbook pro"

fucking retard

You could have booted it from the recovery disk by turning the laptop on then pressing command + R, then using the command line to check the stuff you're looking for with commands.

>First result from google
support.apple.com/en-us/HT201165

By the way the command you need I think is:

>hostinfo

I've already googled you fucks. Every result I got showed different models with the ram exposed and easily replaceable. This one must be a newer model since it got an M.2 SSD.

Regardless, just got the password. Will be checking soon.

There's your RAM, guessing late 2013 model.
Good luck upgrading that BTW

Shouldn't it be using SODIMM and not DIMM?

you seem to be a stupid fuck, maybe this is will sound really hard but you have internet and you can search shit. Just check places like ifixit for pictures to compare the macbook if you are dumb enough not to use the fucking serial number on the bottom to look for the exact model/spec.
You can't upgrade shit on that model by the way.
Love and kisses.

There's 2 SODIMM sticks you moron

It's soldered.

That's not a DIMM it's memory straight on the logic board.

Yeah, Retina Late 2013. Just checked and this shit is solderen onto the logic board. What a bunch of fucks.

POO

Also, another question. Can I upgrade at least the M.2 SSD? Will whatever SSD work or it must be Apple's?

at least you didn't spend a couple of paychecks on that shit.
Maybe like 4 paychecks, you can't even use google properly so I guess you are on minimum wage there, scamming retards who buy overpriced crap
It will work, it's not worth it. Unless you are fucking the guy that bought it, then yeah tell them you are doing a super duper turbo faggot upgrade and charge some shekels for it

Must be Apples or a certain third party SSD, pretty sure late 2013 models are on some proprietary 2x PCI-e bollocks

>buying an apple computer in the 21st century
do that guy a favor and get him a thinkpad

Its soldered senpai you cant replace it

>they dont know

how retarded are you didnt already know this?

MBPro 2013 SSD available from eshop.macsales.com/shop/ssd/owc/macbook-pro

the bit in the top right in the slot is the RAM

>dude that fixes computers can't read a serial number on the bottom of a macbook to check specs

That's worst

He said that's the first time, he probably didn't know where to look.

OP is a dumb fuck

>Mac
Found your problem.

if its your first time working with a product and you dont do any research before opening it the fuck up you shouldnt have a job.

i forgot that macbooks are the only laptops that have a serial/part number at the bottom so you can search info about it. :^)

Under the SSD there should be an "820" number. This will tell you the model number on the macbook.

That's a post-2013 Retina.
Guess how I know.

There are no SODIMMs, the RAM is literally soldered onto the board right below the CPU (the square with the two BLACKED heatpipes running across it).

Have fun replacing that RAM.

You'll need to de-solder the RAM chips then solder new ones on. You'll also need to reprogram the memory controller so it recognizes the new memory.

>upgrading ram on mb

looks like your job is done. continue browsing facebook

Does anyone ever gone that far?

Lmao.

It's soldered. You can't upgrade shit.

Get this guy to fix it.

If it's a newer model with no RAM exposed, don't even try. RAM is soldered. All other MacBooks expose their RAM when you open it.

Louis should get into acting. He'd be my first choice when casting for a serial killer type. Look how menacing he looks with those black gloves.