Why Cred Forums hates linux mint?

why Cred Forums hates linux mint?

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/Articles/676664/
techrepublic.com/article/why-the-linux-mint-hack-is-an-indicator-of-a-larger-problem/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Their website was hacked, and for the entire day of feb 20th, 2016 the download link for the 64bit cinnamon iso was changed to point to a bulgarian server where the iso contained a trojan. Serveral people who never bothered with the checksum installed compromised systems.

>no games

>games

Because antisemitism has no place in open source.

What is wine

what is emulation

>antisemitism
that is not bad...

HereWeGo.png

Stop. Stop it right fucking now. Let us have one thread about mint without the JIDF you fuck.

Oy vey.

Anti Semitism is a made up meme.

lwn.net/Articles/676664/

techrepublic.com/article/why-the-linux-mint-hack-is-an-indicator-of-a-larger-problem/

TL;DR: Distro that is very easy to use but has questionable architecture and security.

I like what they do in terms of desktop applications and bringing Linux to the average user though.

like the holocaust

LinuxMint sucks ass. I tried it twice, and BOTH fucking times it creshed beyond recovery. What a bullshit OS.

I've been using UbuntuMate as my go to distro for 2 years, and it works flawlessly.

I know. Wordpress needs to get their shit together.

>recommends ubuntu
>expects to be taken seriously

>Ubotnet

Cred Forums hates things that appeal to casuals. Mint isn't great, but it isn't a bad distro for people who want to try linux.

I love mint, one of the first distros I ever tried along with arch and pclinuxos

10 years later still using it

If they failed to verify the checksum then that's their problem. Anyone with half a brain knows to check this when installing something as important as an OS.

Double-dubs confirm.

fuck off kike

what is steam.

Garbage
Fuck off with your old garbage

lost trust with its hack. Also enjoyed Ubuntu Mate more so over LM.

I love mint, but I think it's important to know which situations it should be used in.
For someone who is interested in learning about Linux, I would not recommend it.
However, it is probably the best direct alternative to Windows that is easy to us. So for example it would be a really good choice to install on a family computer that multiple people use, all of which may not necessarily understand how to use the more complicated distros.

Didn't the developers openly endorse terrorist sandniggers?