I wanna take a leap into programming

Right now, I'm just a normie who uses linux as a daily driver, but I wanna learn to do something real.
I'm considering python as my first language.
And I've heard that mathematics is important in programming.
How much math do I have to know in advance?(I've learnt calculus and statistics in high school)

>math
depending on what you want to be programming you might need math, otherwise it minimal knowledge is required
I would suggest anyone to start with C, but python or java is good as well, just don't stop at one language, the more of them you know, the better you are at each one of them. oh and pic related, its much more fun with stimulation

>dude weed
>muh creativity
>muh stimulation
Being intoxicated while attempting an activity that requires logical thought is retarded.

As with any conceivable subject, you have to dive right into the hard shit straight away.

Get into programming? Assembler. x86, ARM, MSIL..pick one. Go hard or go home.

maybe you are incompetent to do booth

>Get into programming? Assembler. x86, ARM, MSIL..pick one. Go hard or go home.
are you retarded? he should learn C first, THEN some asm

Python is a nice beginner language. Get zelles book on introductory computer science is my advice. Its a good way to get both into programming and to get a firm understanding in data analysis etc

>How much math do I have to know in advance?
It's more about logic than math.

Figuring some things out mathematically is simple but getting a computer to do them not so much.

>implying OP isn't retarded already for not knowing a language,yet clogging up Cred Forums with his cancer.

Oh fuck, you're right. What was I thinking suggesting someone learn a low level language before they learn a high level language.

why so many youngfags wanna learn programming.

what the fuck are u going to do with that knowledge u bedwetter.

>tumblr_nsa0zbzfni1ua4ycno(...).png
>dude weed robot meme man
>is math important in programming
saged

Coming from you,the guy who uses English like a complete and utter pleb.

>what is ballmer peak
Weed is for degenerates and niggers tho, 15 years single malt scotch it's where it's at

This. I'd say c# or Java just for muh employment but otherwise spot on. Just don't be an idiot whose code I have to clean up because you did ten empty if char==1 instead of just doing if not string.isDigit please.

Employed dev here. Being mildly drunk definitely helps me get from planning to throwing down code.

To be a leet haxor and join anonymous

This. Decision making when it comes to coding is much easier. And you have to be terrible at math in first place to be unable to do basic calculations and logics while dizzy/slightly drunk.

and scotch is for 60+ year old european cucks

>2016
>C
>High level language
Pick 2 of the above

Start with some good shit.

These fags can't afford that shit anyways

Just because the apex of american alcohol is jack Daniel's doesn't mean that all the planet is doomed, freefat.
Go try Laprohaig and then we'll talk

>And I've heard that mathematics is important in programming.
No. A strong understanding of basic logic is though and people who are good at math tend to be good at logic as well.

Also while Python is easy I highly recommend C# or Java as your first programming language since you'll have a lot more material available out there.

C++ good first language?

>calculus
Won't need that. Will need math if you dive deeper in.

This guy is right. Stimulation part I might have to disagree with.

Don't listen to anyone saying "X IS SHIT USE Y". Use and learn whatever that interests you. If you find that whilest learning the language isnt really your thing, just keep on looking.

It was mine, however I think a better path would be C -> C++, Begginers who start with C++ tend to not know the difference betwen the two, ending up in mix of booth languages

or you can responde to what OP is using much better, and be able to get a boost while doing code, and not dizzy

>Being intoxicated while attempting an activity that requires logical thought is retarded

That's just false

>ballmer peak
>>>/reddit/
xkcd is bad and you should feel bad

I'm agree with you...

Also I strongly recommend this introductory light lecture to begin with the concept of algorithms...

And out of all things, why weed.

Drop some addy (or coke if you know what you're doing) and code through the night

No, you can fuck off.

you sound like such a faggot

Try Gentoo musl with Wayland.

why both both

I'm looking to start a career in programming and I'm already 30 years old with very little prior experience. Is it too late for me?

>light lecture
Algorithm Analysis is still the hardest thing I ever did in my college life and that class alone was enough to make people drop in the first month.

Fucking great book though, I got it and some other related shit but telling a guy to use it when he doesn't know shit about computer science and haven't even finished his undergrad is a dick move.

Maybe it's just the autism on this board but seriously don't tell the dude to even get near that if he doesn't know shit. Let him learn some basic shit first like algorithms and data structures before touching that book.

not everyone is blessed with the free high and rush of autism. we normies have to use things like booze and weed to manage sometimes.

He's right though

Oversell my newly gained programming skills and bruteforce my way into a management position as king of autists

>Using glibc anyway.
>Not knowing scrot.

Thanks for ruin the joke annon...

>musl
>glibc
Cut the bullshit. Gentoo musl uses musl only, no glibc at all.