What does Cred Forums think of the "flat design" trend that a lot of software such as windows and android adopted?

what does Cred Forums think of the "flat design" trend that a lot of software such as windows and android adopted?

I want KDE 4 back.

I dont see why anyone would be bothered by it

it's meh imho, athstetic enough to please the masses without putting to much thought or effort into it. Must make designers lifes much easier if I had to guess.

If you want to be bothered by something, look at Spotify's puke-green color.

That's a funny name for your playlist, OP.

I eagerly await the next meme style

Where do we go from minimalism?

It's really terrible and I miss actual artists designing icons.

Beautiful

Material Design isn't flat, shitty ios with really bright colors is :)

KDE Plasma 4

Did you HAVE to use a stupid smiley

I didn't make this playlist.

Looks kinda dated.

It's ugly as hell. If linux looked like this it would be mocked. Thankfully I moved away from cancerOS and won't have to bother with "muh flat tiles".

Idk desu, I like dat flat, minimalistic design.

I kinda like it actually, it feels cleaner
it's like a matte screen vs a glossy one

Fucking toxic bright fisherprice tier colors that make eyes bleed, or some shitty color combination like black and orange.
Flat design is a cancer.

This The same people that like flat design probably follow the latest trends irl, listen to the latest pop music and have to have the latest fad.

I dislike it.

>Being 30+ on 4fag was never harder with all those ricer kids complaining

sup trendy? got the latest nikes yet?

I just don't like that on a desktop OS. Everyone mocked aero for some reason but at least I could tell what's happening on the screen, especially when I have multiple windows open. Just like a few anons said already, if windows 10 didn't have inconsistency in it's UI it would be even more confusing. I don't have a problem with flat design on phones desu.

Back in my day we walked barefoot floating on all that fucking LSD and coke between our terminals.

Flat design is fine. I despise "Material design" and its fucking shadows tho.

Out of all the flat designs IMO, KDE 5 is best, Material second and distant third, I mean, edge of the universe away distance, is iOS. Microsoft's with Windows 10 is so eye-cancer inducing it isn't even in the same universe.

Its a real shame the way apple is going i mean i never liked it but to see it die so slowly and painfullly is just sad to watch soon it will be bought out by someone else and cease to exist then who will i rag on?

Gothic
Baroque
Art Deco

;^)

>Apple being bought out
What are you on about

>i like material design
>listen to primus
>been using a shitty hp laptop for several years
>android

They are falling from grace it wont be ling till they are a husk of their former selves if they dont straighten uo and start running apple just like steve used to NEVER deviate from steves eay and they will live there is no other way to run apple

Reminder that Scott Forstall is Jobs' rightful successor and would have continued his legacy properly

>Gothic
YES
PLEASE

Spotify looks absolutely fucking disgusting on my machine, thinking of going full autist and ricing it

Does he have the balls to tell an wngineer that something he spent hours working on is total garbage and if he doesnt get it fixed pn time he will be fired?

Obviously not, if he was alpha enough he wouldn't have let a fucking homofaggot take his rightful throne.

Do you know why Forstall was so hated at Apple? It's because he was like Jobs in every way, and he could code like a motherfucker. So yeah, no probs

wtf is that OS? lincuck? Curious cuz i like the close window button.

I can see youre emulating a different OS tho, Why?

It's great, I love it. It's focused on the content, and is generally about what I'd design anyway (and reminds me of all those flat gnome 2 themes), but more stylish.

It also allows you to transition gracefully between high and low information density, which generally corresponds to how much whitespace you put around everything.

Fewer distractions from the content = better. If we can pull that off while also not looking like something designed by a lazy programmer, all the better.

I'm using Arch Linux, but I'm not emulating any OS. I am pretty sure Breeze isn't even ported to other operating systems so what do you think it's copying?

>its gud becuz [insert buzzwords]
>i liek it becuz [i have no talent just liek designers now]
>allows you to [buzzwords] and [buzzwords]

wew

>if windows 10 didn't have inconsistency in it's UI it would be even more confusing

>mfw windows is literally less shitty because of how shitty it is

>pressing the enter button twice
literally why

It looks great, but it's functionally shit because it tends to require double the padding to remain readable. I miss the days when this playlist would have fit on one page.

Disgusting

"Focused on the content" means "if I point at a random place on the page, you're less likely to think I'm pointing at some random unnecessary UI element". Ie, don't include shit you don't need. Not really that hard to grasp the concept.

"Transition gracefully between high and low information density" means "if you remove the padding, it'll almost all be information packed in. Thus, if the user is zooming or on a small screen, you have to hide stuff less often, and because your are using flat backgrounds, reflowing content is easier to do without making things look like shit"

I'll give you "no talent designers" though. As a programmer, I've always done flat UIs, because they're easier. Making anything else not look like shit is significantly harder.

My posts are material design. Gotta have that padding.

i love minimalism in every way, i have no idea though why somebody felt the need to slap the (imo horrible) name "flat" onto it. like, things were like that before the whole 3d shit came around, only difference is now it's in hd.

I think it's "flat" vs. "textured" not "flat" vs. "3D".

All this is meaningless buzzword bullshit. There was no problem with UIs used in Windows 95 onwards. It isn't as if only 2 years ago suddenly people had cracked how to design competent user interfaces.

I don't mind it at all.

Overly complex interface styles are a waste of time anyway and transparency is a fucking joke.

It's the next step in the evolution of UI. It enhances UX and doesn't look bloated.

So is any kind of animation

No.
Well used animation serves user experience.

No it only serves to waste time is rather have it snap to the next thing without having to wait for animation frames i turn off animations where ever i can

I said well used animation. Well used animation doesn't do that.

skeuomorphism was the reason I used tilling wm until now.
It was an eye sore.
Flat desgin bring the minimalism to the mass, which is good.
We don't need shitty, complex design

>athstetic enough to please the masses
can you provide ressources on what you consider good design? Since you're better than the pleb it shouldn't be a problem, right?

meant to

can be done well, often not done well.