Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Okay, cool.

New start menu looks pretty good.

>stuck at 99%

nice update microsoftfags

OP here

Yeah I guess it's not so bad. The whole adding all the frehs install bloat was a bit annoying though. No reason for that but oh wlel. got rid of it.

At least it just werks

That's because it's not an update.

How did you remove the bloat? Gonna have to do it when it automatically installs.

Same as fresh install. Cleaner did half then start menu unistall

>Cleaner
What?

>Gonna have to do it when it automatically installs.
You don't have to install the AU if you don't want to.

OH, so it's not mandatory?

Technically it is. MS would certainly want you to install it, but you can use their own update hide tool to simply remove the update from your WU list. It won't show up again, and you can keep on getting other updates just fine.

Thanks mane, what setting to I go on? Settings>Updates?

Is it patch tuesday again?
Haven't booted windows in weeks.
Why the hell did I decide to dual boot this time?

>Nicotine+
what's that? Pls give me a reason to pick up smoking again. It's been a month already.

You use a tool provided by MS.
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

It is meant to be used to prevent WU from installing drivers that cause trouble, but it'll block any update you don't want.

Gonna get it for sure, gonna block that same one in pic related then.

So the update is no good?

M8 please do yourself a favor and stop forever.

>On Cred Forums
>Using windows
>Using windows 10
Lmao

You need an external tool to Hide updates now..?

This was standard in every version before 10

>So the update is no good?
Depends on what you are. On my tablet it works fine and causes no issues. I don't mind the lockscreen, and I use the start screen instead of the menu. Performance and battery life did get better, so overall it's a considerable improvement.

On my desktop it's a different story. The new start menu is known to be buggy, you can't really disable the lockscreen anymore, and there is no noticeable difference in performance. Since I don't use Edge, that is not a factor either.

The old version is still getting security updates (and apparently it will continue to get them for a year), so I have no reason to upgrade on my desktop yet.

Yep. MS really doesn't want people to take control of windows update in any way.

opensource version of soulseek. it's on windows mac and linux.

Oh I see, gonna hide it then. I taught it was going to install a lot of bloat and more ads or some shit.

>Old version
What do you mean by this?

>he didn't turn off auto updates
o i am laffin

Anyone know what this does?

you click on the bars on top and brings a big "START"

Also I am currently in version 1511

>bloatware
But I don't see shit like netflix or nicotine on my system, OP.

>What do you mean by this?
The reason why the Anniversary Update installs back all the bloat shit apps is because it's not an update, it's an upgrade. It's a whole new install of Windows 10, where some of your settings are respected. The previous version is then left on a windows.old folder if you want to roll back to it.

It's the same concept as if you had updated from Windows 7 to Windows 8.

When I say old version, I mean 1511. It's still getting security updates.

I totally understand, yea I just got confused for a second.

I am surprised that it didn't upgrade me though, I taught it did that or started to a while back.

I hid the update, but in updates it still shows like it is going to update tomorrow, will it?

If it's already installed, yeah, it will. The hiding thing only works if it's on your update queue, but not already downloaded and installed. If it's not yet installed, restarting the computer should clear it.

You can still roll back if you don't like it, even if it does mean losing a couple of hours to the whole process.

FUCK! It says restart required so it probably is already downloaded. How can I undo this? I really don't want to upgrade.

AFAIK, you can't. I mean, you can roll back after the install, but you have to go through the entire process of installing the AU first, then through the roll back process.

I don't remember if you are presented with the terms and conditions during the install, maybe you have a chance to not accept them and stop the install from happening.

Well I am fucking screwed, fuck, I should have stopped it while I still had a chance.

what's nicotine+?

>implying Windows doesn't come default with 20GBs of bloat

It took them from 2011 to 2016 to finally realize the tiles were a dumb idea.