How bad is Chrome, really?

I'm not a pedo or a terrorist, but I value my privacy. Google Chrome is fast and attractive as a browser. If I load up Privacy Badger and UBlock Origin, how cucked am I going to be?

Is suffering through firefox the only way?

>Is suffering through firefox the only way?
The short answer is yes.

You know there's Seamonkey, right?

I want something *less* bloated and ugly than Firefox. I don't need a fucking email client in my browser.

You'll be surprised, but it runs a lot faster than Firefox. And even uses less RAM when its other functions are not running.

>Chrome
- best security
- high performance (albeit with huge RAM consumption)
- good privacy options from sites you visit; ZERO privacy from Google itself
- by using it you're helping Google slowly but surely completely take over the internet. Google is great now, but when it has no competition, all bets are off

>Firefox
- good security
- shit performance, loading content lags (the Gecko engine is outdated), the UI lags like crazy, seemingly not optimized for Windows at all (albeit with very low RAM usage)
- pretty much 100% it's not a botnet, thanks to open source, so top for privacy

>Opera
- good security
- best performance (all the benefits of Chrome's engine, but somehow is even faster, and significantly lighter RAM-wise)
- good privacy options from sites you visit (has all the good addons the other 2 have), also probably no Google botnet, but likely a Chinese one instead

Not really sure what you mean by bloated, but Nightly's developer theme is one of the thinnest, most minimalist UIs I've ever seen in a browser.

It's a continuation of the old Mozilla suite, which I remember as being terribly slow because they packed a browser, irc client, usenet reader, email, and a ton of other shit into one package.

Is this accurate?

Any thoughts about Vivaldi?

Not really

I don't know how opera is so good and stable and doesn't eat my ram.
I live with over 50 tabs open all the time and I don't die in ram usage and the browser doesn't get laggy or crashes.
Been using since 2007(with brief stints of chrome and firefox [fire was my browser pre 07]).

I miss somethings like the tab grouping and tab locking(unlike pin this just used to put a lock on the tab without moving it all the way to the left) to prevent them from getting close by accident.

I miss old opera but new opera is just fine.

For mac users, is Safari even worth considering?

I see why people are excited about it, bringing back all those old-Opera quirks. However I wouldn't use them, so compared to nu-Opera it's bloated. nu-Opera is close to being the perfect browser for my needs atm.

On Android it's unparalleled. Again, the benefits of the smooth Chrome engine, PLUS
>very responsive text reflow upon zoom changes
>better UI (handy bottom bar for easy one-handed use)
>built-in adblocker
>handy scroll all the way to top/bottom arrows

>with over 50 tabs
you must be NEET to have so much time to look at shit

What do you think about Iridium?

I am a neet.
I have some business that generate enough money for me to survive without having to work.

There's "value my privacy" and value my privacy. Not one of us fall into the second category or we'd emulate RMS in his entirety. We belong to the former and unGoogled Chromium or Firefox should suffice.

Sure, but my question was whether Chrome with some privacy addons (Ublock, Privacy Badger) would suffice as well.

They work just as well on Chrome as they do on Firefox... against the sites you visit, cross-site tracking, ads etc.

But they won't do a damn thing against any DIRECT Google peering into what you're doing inside Chrome if they chose to do so.

Just install Lynx already.

erect

If I have to choose between feeding my soul to either Chinese or Americans, I choose the Americans

Safari is the shit. Low overhead, no spying, quick browsing. The only complaint I have is lack of selection with extensions.

The Americans are more dangerous.

Load Chrome and go visit some wikia sites.
I recommend: memory-alpha.wikia.com

See how it goes with four or five tabs open for a few minutes. Read and browse for a while, if it doesn't crash and burn on their insane advertising then it has ok performance on your OS/plugins configuration.

samefag here
This isn't a burn, wikia's ads are literally how I performance test a browser. Some survive, some don't.