>"don't worry mam, it's like any other tablet"
>take money and leave

Am I a bad person?

No.

dumb frogposter

Today, OP was a white-nigger

>Implying her nigger husband (lol)/boyfriend won't kill you when they find out
You fucked up

You're pretty much a dishonest piece of scum with no moral value to lie to her like that.

You're maybe not a horrible person but you are definitely a liar.

You're a scumbag. That was a scam, and a really shitty one one, because the granddaughter will quickly realize that her grandmother got scammed and grandma will feel angry/stupid/sad, or she will stay quiet about it and have familial tension. I can appreciate black hats pulling off negative moral campaigns; even cryptoware usually directly assaults the person who fell for the scam. You aren't a technologist, you're a scammer in this incident. No better than lots of other scum; zero tech skills required for how your hurt a few people. If I'm trolled, so be it. But fuck off.

kek i did something similar a while back

I was selling my Moto X to some really ghetto black girl. I clearly stated in my Craigslist post that it's an AT&T non-unlocked phone. I give her the phone. She gives me the money. Then, right before I leave, she asks "So I just take this up to the Verizon store to get it programmed, right?"

I said yes and left with the the money, of course. People that don't research before they buy deserve to be shafted.

Technically, I didn't scam her. The nook tablets are literally just tablets with a weak as fuck processor and an eInk screen. They even run android.

She'll be able to do her homework, it'll just be tedious as fuck.

Not really dude. If the seller was honest there wouldn't have been a problem. She trusted this guy, and this guy took that trust and ripped her off with it. If you don't see a problem with that then there's no helping you.

You already know the answer.

It's possible that she's very poor and saved some and maybe even gave up on some of the things she loves to do daily to be able to do this for her granddaughter, fucked up OP

If she asked me over email, I would've been honest. But having me drive 40 minutes round-trip during my lunch break to find out she didn't even research the most basic thing about smartphones that was in the title and description of my listing, let's just say I didn't have much pity for her.

My little scam was small time compared to most other shit going on in the 2nd hand smartphone trade.

Deception in a transaction over what the transferred goods are reasonably capable of is a hallmark of a scam. You think we've never read books/watched documentaries/researched crimes? Billions of dollars have been awarded to plaintiffs against corporations with very comparable transfer situations where deception of the quality of the goods was put forth. I don't care, you're just another person finding a negative way to make money, and that is the same of all non-business entity people. Scumbag. Were should strive to be morally better than corporate profit-based overlording.

no she didn't deserve that, im glad i dont have friends like you man

But you weren't honest with her and that makes you culpable to deception. I'm sorry you drove a long way on your break and shit, but you still reasonably deceived her.

Okay, mr. lawyer. Point out my dishonesty or deception.

1. My listing was 100% honest. I even put specs and the official product description.

2. When she asked if her grand daughter could do homework on it, I didn't lie when I said yes. She could. It's a tablet. In fact, when I used it, I had used it for drawing.

The only thing I did wrong was not mention the fact that there are better tablets out there suited for homework.

You're an idiot. There is little to no legal protection over buying shit on craigslist and shit like that.

Even on eBay you can't get in legal trouble for scamming. At worst you'll get bad reviews and have your storefront taken down.

t. 5+ years in eCommerce and local buying

>Am I a bad person?
Not as bad as your slaving & genociding ancestors, but still evil. Thats why they call you the white devils

assuming you're not lying, then yeah whatever, fuck her

I think you're lying though, so yeah, you're a dick

Listen, I don't know the specs of the product very well, but honest expectations of what the product can do is the seller's responsibility. If you, in your heart, think the product you sold was a good deal for the intended purpose you discovered on point-of-sale then I hold no grudges. However, since you OPed this thread, I'm guessing you're wondering of you did a bad thing.

>>this asshole
OP asked if he was doing a bad thing, not an illegal thing. This is an opinion thread.

Scams and frauds are illegal. Saying OP scammed anyone is saying he broke the law, which is laughable at best.

If OP sold the buyer what was on his listing, he's legally (and arguably morally) in the right.

>6 year old Nook eReader
>screen is kinda funny

Sounds like you sold her an e-ink reader. Not a bad product but compared to a proper Andriod or iOS device, not going to be as useful.

Dick move, OP.

>>No deception on the spec list
I also have some undercarriage protection I'd like to sell you... I swear it matters even with modern vehicles....

OP here. Turns out she gave me 5 stars on OfferUp.

I don't feel bad anymore.

*does research for 2 minutes*
*realizes that it's not worth the money*

Sorry, but I'll have to decline :^)

>wow so hard

Yup, buyer beware. That doesn't mean you (whomever) isn't shitty for selling a sub-par product after you learn of the buyer's intent.

You didn't lie.

You can read school books on a nook.

Kind of her own fault for not doing any research desu

If her homework is reading yeah she can do homework on it.