Switching from Apple to Android Stories

Anybody have stories of when they switched from Apple to Android or from Android to Apple? Mainly what differences you noticed.

I am also curious about this.

Apple is very bland and not customizable. Battery life was okay though. Ended up going back to Android.

Well one of the most noticeable differences for me was that the Applel store didn't have any actually free (as in gratis) apps, everything was add-ridden garbage or $5+. Ads really piss me the fuck off.

When I first switched to Android the keyboard would randomly close, and it would only come back if I deleted the keyboard app's cache.

These days "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped. [Report] [Ok]" every time I do just about anything in Chrome.

What device did you use?

>did
iPhone 4
>do
Moto G LTE

This is just my opinion but I regret switching TO Android and will be switching back to IOS soon.

iOS just works better in general. Having a million and one options and customization and all that crap on a phone with an Internet connection doesn't make sense to me. Android isn't great, and I would never recommend it over iOS.

First and last Apple device was an iPhone 3GS. Jailbreaks only made it slower. Next phone was an HTC M7, and from then on I've never looked back.

Captcha: calle calle

iOS 10 isn't the best. Slightly better than iOS 9 but they wrecked the push notifications and turned iMessage into a complete abomination.

>Having a million and one options and customization and all that crap on a phone with an Internet connection doesn't make sense to me.
nobody is forcing you to customize it.
>iOS just works better in general.
okay but how.

Android to Apple
>LG Optimus L9 to iPhone 5s
was surprised how things didn't work
and then they did
organization was a lot more fluid now, but i guess I didn't stay long enough for Google to sort their shit out
>iOS 8 to iOS 9 to iOS 10
It was weird making everything flat and nearly b/w, but then they brought back the color. Now i'm adjusting to swiping versus pressing the home button twice to start

>Now i'm adjusting to swiping versus pressing the home button twice to start
reverse that, my bad
>Now i'm adjusting to pressing the home button twice versus swiping to start

had the original Motorola droid back in 2009. android (and the phone) were both pieces of shit back then but goddamn do I still miss that physical keyboard from time to time.

switched over to iPhone 4S and eventually 6, way more fluid compared to android back then and just more intuitive once they started copying android with the notification bar and did away with those obnoxious popup notifications. plus the age of iMessage had begun so high school and college it was crucial.

now I'm out of college and after 5 years of being on iOS the simplicity had become a prison and I'm bored. seems like android (mostly) has their shit together now, so excited about switching back in the coming months. still no fucking clue what phone to get though, every time I land on something it's either not covered by Verizon or I later find a new reason people say to stay away. sigh.

First smartphone was the Galaxy S2. Battery was ok, stability became a serious issue so I swapped to an iPhone 4s, then an iPhone 5. Got annoyed without a file manager and bittorrent client. Moved to a Galaxy S4 which had even worse stability problems than the S2. Ditched that shit for a Nexus 5x, should've done that in the first place. Happy camper.

I'm considering jumping to applel:
>N5 camera shit itself
>Microphone also died
>Would randomly lose track of sim, had to restart

I got about 3 years out of that phone, so it wasn't bad. Battery life was poor with that phone, though.

Have a Honor 5x now, and it's pretty shit desu.
>Stock OS is terrible chinkshit
>CM is the next best thing
>Camera is poor, glitchy
>Has a fucking 8 core processor and lags a shit
>Have to restart the phone several times a day

I need a reliable phone with decent battery life.

>me 14 or something
>have iPhone 3gs
>running slow
>tell dad i need a new phone
>"hello user, i brought home a new phone"
>hoping for latest iPhone
>is Samsung Galaxy
>thank dad but a bit disappointed
>use it for some time
>holy shit why did i ever own an iPhone

>Been using Android since the very first, HTC Dream/G1
>Always roll Cyanogenmod with no gapps, no bloatware shit with all my phones
>Get the OnePlus One
>Buggy as motherfuck - crashes, slowdowns everywhere, phone would crash when trying to answer a call
>fuck this, let's try iPhone
>get the iPhone 6
>no gapps installed by default, faster despite the low specs, no bugs
>iOS 10 rolls around and can now delete bloatware on phone

I can't see myself using Android as a daily driver ever again.
It was really nice to be able to pirate things and shit like that, but the iPhone is simply more reliable

OP here. I've never used android but considering getting a tablet. Long time Apple user and the iPhone 7 convinced me there's no future in Apple. Also sick of iOS lately will how horrible it's gotten. iPads were just a gimmick but it atleast was great with early iOS. The lagdroid is the iPhone.

>Buggy as motherfuck - crashes, slowdowns everywhere, phone would crash when trying to answer a call
That is not my experience with the Oneplus One at all.

Pros:
>More customization
>More options for apps
>More games
>More phone choices

Cons:
>You'll realize after your third ROM flash or major rehaul that you don't actually give a shit about 90% of customization because it just leads to weird problems and incompatibilities and just be happy with finding a nice launcher that won't shit the bed on updates
>90% of apps and games are clones, you'll have to put in effort to find the decent ones the rest are cloning
>Most phones exist purely to force you to buy the next phone when a new Android comes out because your carrier will tell you your current version can't handle it, welcome to planned obsolescence
>You'll end up rooting your phone and waiting for someone to port the new version to your phone on XDA.
Also, Android has really bad JavaScript performance in general, I dunno why. Take the good with the bad I guess.

>everyone at work talking about how superior Android is to apple
>want new high end Android phone after listen to them evangelize Android nonstop for months
>sold iPhone 6s
>buy Note 7 first day
>first day drop phone on carpet floor
>screen cracks
>data didnt sync so I had to start over
>second week Samsung recalls phone because it auto combusts
>hold out until I get my phone swapped out for a new one
>buy new iPhone in the meantime

Never Again. Total meme platform

The worst part about using an Android phone in my opinion is that every time you have a problem or a complaint the response is always:
>works on my phone :)

I have no idea whether the community is just stupid (Stupider than Applel fans? Surprising but I'll take it) or Android really runs this inconsistently from phone to phone.

I have a switching story alright

>be gamedev
>want to play games from my fellow gamedevs to see what they're up to
>buy android phone
>half of them only release iOS versions
>rekt.alac

End of story. And I hate iphones and iOS, for the record. I suffer every day I have to use one.

What are both like I have only owned Blackberry's?

Iphone 5 on ios 9 to samsung galaxy on5
Switched networks too tmobile is pretty shit where i live and i want to go back to ios on a verizon owned network

Clover is dank though, only thing lagdriod has that i give a shit about, i cant even be a cool leet pajeet andriod hacker because the bootloader on this phone is locked down

Your gamedev friends are literally losing half of their potential players.

Went from Apple to Android. Never been happier. I love how customizable Android is. And material design makes me so happ. having a OnePlus three with a great camera, screen and a battery that lasts and charges fast is amazing

too bad android is for poor fags that don't buy shit.

Had:
iPhone 3g/4/5/5s/6s
android LGG2/Galaxy S5/Xperia Z5

Any iPhone after the 5 is better than any android phone ever made.

How do you like the OnePlus 3?

I doubt it, Android isn't a paying market. They'd have to shunt tons of adware into every game they made to even come close to breaking even, and that's not considering the dozens of clonegames that will come up to steal their players made in half a day by Chinese guys, that and pirates. People make shit for Apples App Store because people there will actually buy games. There's a lot more money there than there is in putting stuff on Google Play.

I didnt have to jailbreak my phone to do basic things on an android

I love it. The dash charge is ridiculously fast, and the screen looks great (even though it's only 1080p). I really can't think of something I dont like. Maybe the downward facing speakers? The fingerprint button is fast as hell, too

Like?
I had to root my android phone just to have adblocking.

Is it true the screen is Pentile? Is it bad in any way?

Switched from Android to iOS. I got tired of waiting for my phone to get updates, tired of waiting for a decent, non-broken ROM to be released, and just sick of the damn thing in general. I went from a Note 4 to a 6S Plus, and it's really nice. I definitely don't think it's for everyone, but it's fine for me. Good battery life, fast fingerprint sensor, quick updates, etc etc.

It sucks that you can't change the default browser or mail client, but if you're fine with the defaults, it's a nice experience. I enjoy the integration between my iPhone and Mac.

The main issue is ios. You could have an iPhone with a terabyte of memory,16gbs of ram, and an i7 processor and 6 months of battery life. But being locked down with iOS bs makes performance irrelevant. Many of the apps and games are bogged down with micro transactions and ads. If Apple could make iOS open source allowing people to have there own custom OS then I'd agree. Every iOS after 7 has been a mess.

>integration between iPhone and Mac
This is also one good reason to go for iOS. I don't think Android has anything close to this.

What kind of integration are you talking about?

Using a Google account, and using windows 10 native PushBullet is pretty well integrated between the two.

I tried switching from iPhone to Android twice and both times went back to iPhone.
>2 years ago iPhone 4 broke
>Decided to give android a chance and got the new samsung galaxy
>tried it for 2 weeks and wanted to like it but everything felt wrong
>swapped it out for an iphone 6

>last week decided to try again and got a Nexus 5X
>I so wanted to like it but I get the same feeling as 2 years ago
I am going to stick with my iphone 6. android feels so weird to me and I don't know how to describe it properly. It feels suffocating and android apps just dont have the same clean feeling that iOS has.

iPhones are great with popular apps but almost every other app on the App Store goes to shit or is shut down.

Are you fucking serious, you stupid fucking iPajeet?

>Tfw you were there for the golden age of the app store
rip lite games, rip true free games with optional experience-enhancing purchases

BB10 os was glorious. I couldn't believe how good it was.

I had an iPhone 4, that I got from a friend. I jailbroke it and it immediately slowed to a fucking grind. I was amazed at how little I could customize. You can't even see the damn wallpaper because the whole thing is covered in app icons.
I sold it and got a Nexus 4.

Apple does some things well. The glass back sure does make it feel like a high end phone. The iPhone 7's glossy black looks slick as fuck.

>android is bad because i have butter fingers

Stop being a sperg and dropping things?

the only thing preventing from going from android to ios, is that there's no goddamn file explorer on ios, seriously, i don't need to look at the system files, but would be nice if a can see where all my shit is stored at. The day apple implement that i would swith in no time, seeing how google is driving android to the ground with the new pixel phones.

I went from an iphone 3g to an htc evo 3d in 2011, then like 4 months ago I went to an iphone 6
with ios 9 I have no regets, but ios 10 is butt ugly

Pixel phones aren't even released, how do you know they're shit? Loving my 6P so I'm hoping Pixel will be at least as good.

Benchmarks mean nothing these days. Not to mention Apple has been caught cheating benchmarks to get these unrealistically high numbers.

This. Hard Time Prison Simulator was goat and my favorite game from the App Store for a while. Then they added the random prison alarm event which if you got caught you were charged with not buying VIP Pass. If you were found guilty the game would literally end. It's still being sold on the App Store.

The design looks like shit, and they are going to sell at a very premium price, for that price i just would buy an iPhone

Switched from Galaxy S4 to iPhone 6
>a bit smoother
>worse screen
>can't choose the quality of Youtube videos when on mobile data
>same amount of crashes
>battery is a bit better
>battery dies when it's -10°C no matter how full it is

still using the same iPhone 6

Right, whatever you say, iShill.

They're not shit, just not fucking worth it.
>Priced the exact same as an iPhone on release
>copies the iPhone design
>is confirmed to have all of the downsides of an iPhone like no expandable memory, etc.
I don't know why they're getting rid of all the reasons people actually bought Android and Google phones for.

Its usually stupid people that have these issues

That's why you should never buy an Android phone other than Nexus. I've seen heaps of people hate Android phones just because they had problems with their samshit phones.

>in neighbor country where my sis lives
>have usbinstall of linux with me
>hey, can i use your computer for a while?
>it's a macbook
>it's not working
>research why
>usbbooting requires hacking
Apple, not even once

The scrolling on ios is actually godlike compared to every other phone. But yea other than more responsiveness that's it

Had a Nexus 6 and it was horrible. Crashed all the time, camera was shit, performance was throttled when batter was less than 50%. Got an S7 and it's leaps and bounds better than muh Nexus.

no DVD booting allowed on macs past Snow Leopard either :^)

>I need a reliable phone with decent battery life
You went the completely opposite direction when you bought a chink phone.

I am going to switch from android (5 years) to ios tomorrow, pretty excited

same guy you responded to, I also have an iPad mini. For a tablet I say depends on what you want out of it.

For productivity I'd say look into the surface pros because they're just mini PCs which is great, plus comes with keyboard and you can get nifty lil mouse with it.

If you just want one for multimedia (ie portable netflix machine, ebook reader etc.) iPad isn't terrible, lack of phone signal makes software way less buggy and battery lasts fucking FOREVER.

If you just need an ebook reader save your money and get a kindle of some sort.

took a month for my phone to actually receive messages from other iphones once de-registering from the imessage meme

Moto G 4G I had. It was a glitchy phone all round. Flickering, lag, services stopping all the time.
Cyanogen Mod has issues on it too for a long time as well. You had to turn the screen off and on again to stop wavy lines.
The Moto X Play I upgraded to works brilliantly though. No glitchyness at all.
I use a HTC 10 now though which is even better.

I used to have a iPhone 4 but it was useless. Great idle battery but as soon as you used it it didn't last long at all. Itunes is a horrible nightmare I would never go back to.
Boring mostly. Can't really do much on an iPhone.

from iphone 4s to samsung galaxy s6

Felt like freed from cuckoldry.

Switched from jailbroken iPhone 4 to rooted Nexus 5.

The smoothness made me question Cred Forums's advice going forward, and the breadth of options and configurations was almost overwhelming. After about 3 months, I couldn't go back to an idevice.

>satan

The Nexus 6 is probably the worst Nexus phone. 6P, 5X, and the 4 are all better.

Scrolling on iOS makes me physically sick, it's like being dragged naked through molasses while being raped by hedgehogs