Windows 10

Has anyone else ever encountered pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/avc_factsheet2016_08.pdf
av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/avc_per_201604_en.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. I don't know why. It's annoying.

let it scan your shit, you have nothing to hide right? :^)

>100% usage
>3MB/s
Windows 10 is fucked

but has anyone been able to fix this shit

might be bad drive, run chkdsk, sometimes a bad sector can cause it to run at 100% even when nothings happening
could also be
>windows 10 botnet

background updates peg the fuck out of the drive in win 10. Microsoft is just taking care of some things for you. Pray that the dreaded "something" won't happen.

I has the answer

Settings>system>notifications> turn off "show me tips about windows"

You're welcome

windows updates, it's retarded as shit

Why do we have this thread every fucking day even when there's a fucking stickied post telling you not to post on this subchan?

i appreciate the expertise of this board. Mods are free to rm this post

windows 10 destroys hard drives very fast.

I fixed it by installing Gentoo

Yeah I fixed it from info on the first page of my fucking google search

using a Seagate drive.
how many times have you been told?

Disk failure, Get yourself an SSD it's worth it.

>rm this post.
you have to use del command since this is Windows.

Not OP but wangblows did this shit to my 840 pro.

It's windows sending all your data to Microsoft, it's fine it stops after a few minutes

Fuck off, wincuck

Just wait for to finish indexing

Always had this happen on a new install, just disable superfetch.

I fixed it by installing Windows 8.1 meme, Still using too much memory tho.

get a fucking telemetry blocker you quq

The problem is with the antimalware executable...

>subchan
You have to go back.

delay/disable some startup processes and stop using Windows Defender m8

No. Go back to

Are you using the default Windows antivirus? It is total shit and will eat up your disk usage, get a good antivirus like Bitdefender Free.

This.

It's Windows Defender/MSE, which is total ass.

Get a different antivirus.

Seem you're downloading something op, Ethernet show 17Mbps speed.

Windows Defender is GOAT

it's probably just running a scan

Is it a new format? I was working on a clients win10 pc last week and it had that issue. He originally was hit by some randomsware. So I reformatted with a fresh install. Noticed constant 100% disk usage.

Tried a dozen fixes I read online on tech forums. Nothing seemed to help. I reformatted and it was still 100% usage.

I let it run overnight and it dropped to 0%, behaving normally. My assumption it was downloading updates. Press Windows Key, type in Updates, and see if it's doing anything in there.

fellow tech here.

Win10 does this shit to PCs. No idea why. Usually it'll go down after a few minutes but it'll seriously cripple the fuck out of otherwise decently-spec'd machines.

Also it's more than likely dat sweet sweet Win10 botnet in play. "muh Windows Defender cloud protection" or "muh P2P Windows updates" or "muh BITS" or "muh Windows Tips and Tricks"

works on my machine

Disable notifications

It fixed mine

No shit it won't affect 100% of Win10 computers, but it's something I've noticed quite a bit since it's been released.

WINKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Yeah.
Disk access is never lower than 50% on windows 10.
Now I understated why 'silent' hard drives are a thing.
Meanwhile I can hear the drive snap in my headless torrenting machine when I ssh in and execute a command.

Captcha: 1337

Windows has always done that fucking shit, sputter and grind away at some random shit in the background all the goddamn time. It's fucking insane.

What a pile of goddamn shit OS. No idea how anyone puts up with it.

I fixed it by shouting OH MY FUCKING GOD WHY FUCK!

Getting in my car.
Driving to Best Buy.
Purchasing an SSD.
Re-installing Windows 10.

Fucking HDD peasents, when will they ever learn?

Install gentoo

Just go to Processes, see what is doing all this i/o and stop the process. It's something useless like search/defender/update service( you can re-enable the latter to update manually at any time)

Wait for indexing/windows defender to finish.

Yes.
And after 30 minutes waiting for some unstoppable process to finish so that my web browser could start, I installed Linux.

"Modern" development practices mean that mechanical disk drives are deprecated because the developers don't use them.
Please stop using deprecated hardware.

t. Windows Developer

Like I've always said.
SSDs are only useful for windows.

Thankfully I haven't encountered windows 10 yet.

I noticed this on shitty 5400 rpm laptop drives. The shittier the much longer it takes. I suspect that its a combination of windows updates + indexing + botnet stuff. It stops after 3-4 minutes. Putting the computer to sleep is what I usually recommend to the poorfags.

You're just using it wrong.

disable autodefrag

Omg! I thought I was the only one. I had this problem for a long time and I managed to fix it by just updating Windows 10 (I did it via the Windows 10 website).

Ever since that bug (or whatever you want to call it) started I got bsod's all the time: Critical process died and Unexpected Store Exception. The frequency of these errors have now been lowered drastically (after I updated Windows), but I still get them from time to time (always while streaming data, like watching youtube or listening to spotify or torrenting). Has anyone encountered similar issues?

maybe because you have everything on a single 2TB drive?

stop being poorfag and get SSD

No it is truly one of the worst antiviruses you can ever use.

Look at the detection rate here: av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/avc_factsheet2016_08.pdf

Also performance here: av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/avc_per_201604_en.pdf

It is nearly dead last in both, Defender / MSE is truly awful.

Congratz, you won idiot of the day.

>And after 30 minutes waiting for some unstoppable process to finish so that my web browser could start, I installed Linux
No you didn't. You never even used windows you dumbfuck. Stop lying on the internet.

he's right though

I have this on my non ssd old i3 laptop. I disabled the service superfetch and the ram got lowered by around 500 mb

What makes him a liar?

Over a 1000 people had this problem learn to fcking google newb

This op is such a retard

See
This right here is why you get a ssd, Look of fast that hdd is going.
Before I had a ssd i was using a 1.5tb drive, that i thought went into PIO mode, I had a shitty sata cable that threw the drive into PIO mode, fixed it and thought that it was happening again, but no, a boot drive that has all my programs and shit hammers the drive like no tomorrow. i was getting 700kb read write when i said enough is fucking enough, got a ssd, never looked back.

That same 1.5tb is now an active backup drive and it runs at... 120mb read write, seek time is still bad, but its not an issue when the drive isn't used for literally every single thing possible.

Get a ssd, be done with this shit.

Sysadmin here, almost all of our 100+ win10 machines do this. It's a "feature"

Yep, your hard disk is fucking up

Seems like a dying harddisk.
Source: sysadmin that has seen this countless times before

Seagate HDDs, not even once

when windows boot/startup my harddrive were like that though always 100% and sluggish, but is gone after while use.

sysadmin here. you are going to need to refragment the partition

Wow. It's now acceptable to make one buy expensive hardware just because OS developers can't keep their processes in check.

I have, it's a bad sata cable / connector. I plugged in another cable and it fixed the problem. Try that OP

Everytime I leave my pc on idle and come back the fucking disk activity light is on like I'm fucking defragmenting it (even tho I disabled schedule defragments). That's one reason I came back to 7.

Yes, I just installed win7 after that.

Here's mine

Are you on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

Certain SSDs will freeze on it because of a horrible error on Microsoft's part. It happened to me all the time on my Corsair SSD with the Anniversary Update. It worked just fine with the 10240/10586 versions as well as Windows 8.1 and 7.

Microsoft still hasn't come up with a solution for it, and I thought that maybe a new SSD would fix it.Pic related is what I'm using and it hasn't gotten 100% usage even once.

It's by design. High HDD activity is due to many mainteinance tasks Windows 10 does like defragging, indexing, malware scanning, windows updates, etc.

The only ways to "fix" it is by:

* Getting an SSD.
* Leave your PC running one night/week so it finishes most tasks by the time you need to use it.

Im not joking, after a regular start up it took at least 15-20 minutes until my computer became responsive in any way and all I could do during that time was watching windows anti malware sitting at 100% disk usage.

After some weeks i bought a SSD and dual booted windows and linux from it.

I also dont see why I should be lying.

This guy is right. Windows just loves to fucking burn your hdd out. I can't describe how annoying it was to have a fucking fast pc that ALWAYS had to wait around loading shit because wangblows clogged the fucking hdd 24/7 with inane tasks taki g it to 100% usage.

At some point I disabled automatic updates which massively reduced the times I would it. Also stopped it waking up in the middle of the night and pissing me off with noisy mechanical drives. Then i got an ssd and now it just never fucks about as well as being silent. Problem solved.

Do you get the Critical Process died and Store Exception bsod's? My machine freezes sometimes because of the error that you described and I get those two bsod's every time it happens.

I really like Win 10, but I'm thinking of downgrading to 7.

I get this 100% disk activity shit all the time.

>Microsoft cucks will continue defending this failure of an OS

Meh it's pretty good.

The latest mobile fast ring update broke my phone and I had to (((Recover))) it. Luckily it managed to lose nothing important in the process.

Enable superfetch.

I actually never got BSOD errors. The error I'm talking about is one in Microsoft's code. I think you might have a different problem with your hard drive.

Back it up now just in case.