First day at fortune 500 company

>first day at fortune 500 company
>sit down for training to get familiar with the workflow
>manager tells me to tirn on my laptop and open a bash shell
>turn on laptop, starts to boot into windows
>"user are you going to use bash through windows?" (he looks astounded)
>yeah they have it built in now
>turns out I have a .NET update
>update might take hours and I can't get to the desktop
>manager puts me at a windows 7 workstation they use for the secretary
>Tell him I can't work on here because there is no bash for windows on windows 7
>he looks confused and kind of angry
>tell me to take the day off
>next day
>come in prepared, bash is already open
>start running a build script
>all sorts of errors
>manager calls in developer
>says bash on windows isn't complete enough to build big projects
>manager asks if I have Linux or even a mac
>say yeah but it's on my other computer
>tells me if I can't get this project compiles tomorrow I'm going to be "let go"

HELP Cred Forums HOW DO I USE LINUX!!

use codecademy's command line tutorial

put a linux cheat sheet on your pc and just use it, no one will think otherwise. I suggest gettin familiar with the man command which is the manual

you can call this command on any other command in the shell and it will ggive you a short description and flags you can pass to them

lol you fucked if you can't run some basic command lines.

also
>fortune 500 enterprise shit
>.NET

What's it like working in hell? Is it warm there?

>fortune 500
>BYOD
pick one

>tfw no sweet job requiring being a terminal cowboy

Nice fakeposting user.

>Fortune 500
>Linux
Nice meme. Linux is only used by basement dwelling NEETs.

>Fortune 500 company
>Not giving you a laptop that has already been hardened and setup with the relevant software needed to work.

Yeah right

same fag

I work at a fortune 500 with ten developers and we all run linux or unix.

I said he was fakeposting not because a fortune500 would use Linux, but that they would hire him without his knowledge of something so apparently pivotal to the role AND without the resources to facilitate him at his job.

>fortune 500
>10 developers
Sounds like an awful place to work.

Why would they threaten to fire you for fucking up themselves by not giving you the right shit to work with ? Thats what I dont get

It's actually really nice. Much nicer than working at some shop with a hundred devs working in cubicles for 10 hours a day getting paid 35k/year to code .NET apps in visual studio.

Not every fortune500 company is like this, in fact the vast majority aren't and have a very small team of developers.

I work in a converted warehouse in Manhattan.

It's a dream job.

>full complete desktop linux distro running natively with dual nt/linux kernels
>isn't complete enough to build big projects

ok kid

That's not even what bash on windows is. It's more like WINE.

What do you think happens when Linux generates file paths longer than Windows is capable of handling?

All sorts of shit that doesn't even throw errors but ends up causing issues down the line when you want to test software.

they are going to have to add a shit done of improvements before that preview things comes even close to bash

>Reading comprehension

Currently going for programming right now and that first scenario sounds like hell on earth, how did you avoid it user?

Shit meant

If they get cheap labour or employee they try to use it and jobs might not require a guy who is great with programming

>fortune 500
is that some poo in loo company?

I was using Ubuntu full time when I was 12. You're a fucking idiot and you don't deserve a job at all.

Things like this just reinforce the notion I'm better than everyone else. My narcissism is your fault. Fuck you; you're developing my personality disorder.

I was playing with my pecker when I was 12
stay mad virgin

and a fortune 500 company wants you to do their work on your own personal laptop? The fuck company doesn't issue out equipment or wants people copying company shit to their personal computers.