Emulationfag here, I don't play a lot of native PC games but am looking to upgrade my GPU

Emulationfag here, I don't play a lot of native PC games but am looking to upgrade my GPU.

I'm thinking of getting a RX 480 Nitro or 6GB 960

I'll likely be using Vulkan a lot, I hear AMD does that better.

Is this true?

Why is that a webm?

Look at the file size.

14 KiB smaller, wow.

Yes wow, that's like 40% smaller. This shit adds up especially in 4K images.

Guess that's good for Australians with their data caps.

>That autistic about file sizes

If you want vulkaan then there really is no choice. Nvidia optimises for dx11 performance while AMD is hoping for dx12 and vulkan to save it. Get the 470 or 480 depending on your budget.

I dont think its a problem either way.

Going to pretend OP is not a troll.

The RX 480 is WAY faster than the gtx 960 but slightly slower in most games than a gtx 1060

gtx 960 is a meme-card now.

>run vulkan alot
So all you do is Doom?
Also there is no 6gb 960

He just said emulation, dipshit

Im not a fan of AMD but have to admit the 480s do seem to be the best budget card out there now.
Personally I have a 1080 but was discussing with a friend last night about the 480s. They now are on par or better than the 980.
The 960 I wouldnt touch with a shitty stick, those things want destroying.

Most 3d console emulators have active vulkan projects going on right now. Vulkan is going to be big in a year for emulation scene.

The 480 is way better than the 960

for emulation nope, i try emulation like vm god damn those thing causing shit artifacting on vm, even i try on android game running like shit low fps on amd card.

but true rx 480>960

960 < 480 < 1060

make the right choice friend.

just get the cheaper one. Both cards are overkill for emulators

Non of them are fully working with vulkan dipshit.

what about if you also want to do some 3d modeling/rendering and the 480 bencmarks were kinda disappointing

Except all emulators are arguably more CPU bound than GPU.

Tbh the op image looks better

tfw I'm canadian and have to pay an extra $50 on my bandwidth bill this month because I went over the 20GB limit

Multithreading/low overhead for the api and offloading compute tasks to gpu is good if you're CPU bound.