/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XZmGGAbHqa0)
google.com/about/datacenters/inside/streetview/
youtube.com/watch?v=20E3RZ0uQIs
exxactcorp.com/NVIDIA-Tesla/NVIDIA_DGX-1.php?gclid=CjwKEAjw34i_BRDH9fbylbDJw1gSJAAvIFqUvyW7LFCqgkVTR3P8LihDguT3f2Uuy9T1rJWYTmyIaRoCSi7w_wcB
amazon.co.uk/LG-25UM58-P-25-Inch-21-UltraWide/dp/B01BV1XB2K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474447825&sr=8-1&keywords=ultrawide monitor
downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81500/Intel-HD-Graphics-3000-for-2nd-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/
catb.org/jargon/html/crackers.html
thepiratebay.org/torrent/15319644/Windows_10_Pro_v.1511_En-us_x64_July2016_Pre-Activated-_TEAM_OS_
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-10-service-configurations/
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/63874-REPO-Windows-10-TELEMETRY-REPOSITORY
windowsmatters.com/2016/05/13/gandalfs-windows-10pe-x64-threshold-2-build-10586-version-05-13-2016/
backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-stats-q1-2016/
amazon.com/Hitachi-Deskstar-HDS5C3030ALA630-Internal-DESKSTAR/dp/B00684XVFS
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP4SX1801
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9DE3SA8335
reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/39qnll/guide_for_microsoft_windows_office_and_adobe/
majorgeeks.com/files/details/oo_shutup10.html
cloclo13.cldmail.ru/2k4XWkrpF4ib3BQ8sFPP/G/Yz5m/yh5fPv458/Office 2013-2016 C2R Install v5.9.zip?key=a08c4107c36a4132bdc58695e2c7409640a1c76f
torrentfreak.com/top-10-most-popular-torrent-sites-of-2016-160102/
raymond.cc/blog/how-to-enable-flash-support-in-firefox-portable/
joshcellsoftwares.com/products/advancedtokensmanager/
nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Easiest way to use ffmpeg on windows? Bonus if its a gui tool

ffmpeg.exe

>download precompiled binaries from ffmpeg's main site
>add them to your path
>open command prompt and type
>ffmpeg -h
>press enter

Hobbyist software developers don't make good point-and-grunt interfaces, and a CLI is much easier than a bad GUI. "do this" vs *click click click click click click click click click click click*

What's a good max percentage to set my laptop battery at to get the most life out of it?

via cmd.exe or notepad.exe

I just ran out of weed, I've been trying find someway to get high and I heard women in the middle East are getting stoned with rocks. How are they doing it and what's the easiest way?

I'm trying to burn an audio CD. I want to burn eleven MP3 files, and in total they are 507 MB. About 9 hours of audio. Should fit fine on a 700 MB CD right? Yet for some reason VLC is saying I can only burn 80 minutes. The same with Windows Media Player.

Is there something fundamental I'm just not understanding?

Depends on what you're doing and how many cores you have

If web browsing / basic hardware-encoded video playback, prob 60-75%

Drop several local, artisanally grown rocks into your blender

Blend for 45 seconds on High

Mix with Vodka and Ice

i5-6200U, 2 physical cores with hyperthreading. Mainly on web/text editor/IDE. Debian with XFCE. I have it set to max out at 80%, would that be alright?

You can burn them as data-cd (700 MB of files) or as a audio-cd (80 minutes of music). Keep in mind that many cd players will only play audio-cd disks.

My monitor is futzing up. Friend spilled water on it last night, but these lines didn't appear until this morning. Should opening it up and looking at the cables or anything help?

Monitor is an Asus VH238H.

80%

Should be fine. Reduce it as far as you feel comfortable, and where it doesn't impede your work, honestly

When you upload a 1080p video onto YouTube, after it's been processed you are able to view that video at it's original resolution or a range of lower resolutions (720p, 420p, 320p, 240p, 160p). But how does this work exactly, does YouTube re-render your video and host several copies of the same video? So on the YouTube servers, they would have SIX different copies of one 1080p video? Is this really how it works? That would take up enormous amounts of space just to host the lower resolutions, wouldn't it?

For that matter, how big are the YouTube servers anyway, and what do they look like?

What are the differences between motherboards and power units? Are they not all the same?

Why is it important to keep computer components cool? Does the hardware perform worse when they are hot? Are they more prone to breaking down or exploading, or something? Normally my computer runs below 30°, but it shot to 84° the other day when I was using the CPU at 100% for one hour.

Is there a way to trim, crop, and convert an .mkv with ffmpeg all at once? I'm trying to mix and match commands from different sites but can't seem the get the right one.

>ffmpeg -i ma.mkv -ss 00:11:39.949 -to 00:11:41.492 -c:v libvpx -crf 4 -b:v 3000k crop=285:275:1:200 -an output.webm

is giving me

[NULL @ 0000000000618380] Unable to find a suitable output format for 'crop=285:275:1:200'
crop=285:275:1:200: Invalid argument

>When you upload a 1080p video onto YouTube, after it's been processed you are able to view that video at it's original resolution or a range of lower resolutions (720p, 420p, 320p, 240p, 160p). But how does this work exactly, does YouTube re-render your video and host several copies of the same video?
So on the YouTube servers, they would have SIX different copies of one 1080p video? Is this really how it works?

Yes, that is how it works. They don't transcode it in real time or anything.

This is why there is a delay when the video is initially uploaded, to receive higher qualities. They transcode from worst -> best for speed.

>That would take up enormous amounts of space just to host the lower resolutions, wouldn't it?

Not really. They don't keep your original; They transcode it into a webm version of your max resolution, then downscale from there. They've developed newer, more efficient codecs specifically for this.

>For that matter, how big are the YouTube servers anyway, and what do they look like?

"YouTube's servers" are a mixture of two things:

* The datacenters Google provides (youtube.com/watch?v=XZmGGAbHqa0)
* The servers that Google gives to ISPs in order to facilitate faster transfer speeds to end users (They cache high demand videos @ end nodes given to ISPs so they don't have to send it across the entire internet to get to you. Netflix does this too.)

>What are the differences between motherboards and power units? Are they not all the same?

A motherboard connects all your shit. The power supply powers all your shit.

>Why is it important to keep computer components cool? Does the hardware perform worse when they are hot? Are they more prone to breaking down or exploading, or something?

Heat and electronics do not mix. It causes performance degradation and part failure over time. Excessively high temperatures (>100C) may cause immediate part failure.

Probably too late now, you should've dried it as soon as possible.

>does YouTube re-render your video and host several copies of the same video?
Yes.
>That would take up enormous amounts of space just to host the lower resolutions, wouldn't it?
Nah, they use very heavy-handed compression techniques. Also disk space is dirt-cheap these days.

>What are the differences between motherboards and power units?
Motherboard allows PC parts to communicate with eachother and PSU only gives them power. It's possible to have a built-in PSU in a motherboard but that usually requires an external power prick to convert AC to DC. Desktops usually prefer seperate PSU's to make motherboards less complex.

>Why is it important to keep computer components cool? Does the hardware perform worse when they are hot?
If computer parts get too hot they can get damaged. What usually happens is that a capacitor leaks it's contents all over your motherboard or some soldering melts and moves around before cooling down.

Cont..

>Normally my computer runs below 30°, but it shot to 84° the other day when I was using the CPU at 100% for one hour.

85C is within the acceptable temperatures of most CPUs, although on the warm side. Most Intel processors have a TJ Max of 95~105C and they will thermal throttle before getting to dangerous temperatures.

Yeah, it looks like unfortunately my car can only play audio CD disks.

>what do they look like?
google.com/about/datacenters/inside/streetview/

>does YouTube re-render your video and host several copies of the same video?
Yes
It even transcodes the video for the original resolution, even if it's already in the format they use.

It's probably because crop is an invalid argument. crop is a video filter, you have to put -vf in front of it.

Whatever program you're using is trying to convert them to WAV, which is uncompressed. This takes up more space, so you get less audio time per CD.

Cheers!

Question about math that apparently is too stupid for /sqt/ on /sci/. Are exact differential equations always a sum of two partial derivatives, or can they also be a subtraction?

I've seen them like M(x,y)+N(x,y)=0, but could they be like M(x,y)-N(x,y)=0? I'm guessing that not, but I need to be sure.

Then you're stuck with the 80 minutes time limit. If your card has aux/3.5mm connection then you could plug an external music player to there and play music that way. Or just get a new car stereo that can play out of USB sticks.

Don't listen to this guy, he's an idiot who doesnt know the difference between audio and data cd's.

>crop=285:275:1:200
-vf crop=285:275:1:200

and yes, you can do all kinds of manipulations at once

>crop is a video filter, you have to put -vf in front of it.
Oh shit, thank you user.

RIP Dewey

put "-ss 00:11:39.949" before "-i ma.mkv"
it will seek faster that way

(before someone says "but that's inaccurate!", not anymore, newer versions now default to accurate fast seeking, there's no disadvantage)

Why doesn't mobile version of Firefox play 4can webm's? It has probelms with some specific files too but Cred Forums is the only site where nothing plays at all. Do I need to install something or fiddle around with about:config to get them work?

Is there free software to get network unlock codes or do I have to actually pay for one?

So I just installed my first customs ROM onto my galaxy s4, and I went with pacrom. Did I fuck this up or does it just not work right? Bluetooth doesn't work at all and about every 3 minutes it says its stopped working, along with google sound search, and randomly my microphone will stop working without any warning. I really like pacrom in terms of the other functionality but I've been going nuts trying yo figure out why my microphone isn't working

>they're all smiling
cold af

i have 6 fans on my case and i think it's too loud. will i be opening myself up to difficulties down the line if i unplug some?

Depends. Make a diagram of your cooling setup.

You could buy a fan controller, plug them all into that and use it to reduce rpm's. I doubt it's a problem with the number of fans you have.

But you'll probably manage fine without one of them plugged in. Monitor your temps, perhaps try using a stresstest program to see how high they climb.

Best desk chairs?

looking for one that is going to last a long time so no pleather shit that will rip from every day sitting.

He's still alive.

Steelcase, Herman Miller.

How much money are you willing to sink into a chair? Are we talking about ikea-tier chairs or actual high-quality office chairs?

In our hearts, yes.

a mid range chair would be nice. dont want to get something butfuck expensive like that crazy $1000 meme chair

Looking for a 4K monitor,
- 24-27"
- IPS
- Freesync

Only one I have found is an LG, but it has bleed and not the best colours.

What's the best way to determine why a laptop won't hold a charge anymore? It works fine plugged in, but either the battery isn't getting charged, or the charge isn't getting to the rest of the computer.

If you know how to use a multimeter you can use it to measure the battery or open it and measure individual cells.

not mine but same cooling and placement, nzxt h440 case. there's three more fans near the harddrive trays but they dont make near as much fan noise as that lone one on the side.

Damn, good point, hadn't considered that.

If the back fan is a problem you could try replacing it or reducing it's speed. Perhaps unplug it and replace it with one fan from front of the case.

That case is the one with the shitty cooling vents right? I would relocate the rad to the front and axe the top fans since all they do is smash air against the top panel and create turbulence. Be prepared for shittier GPU temps though. You could also do what suggested, which may be a better option.

thanks ill try that

>It has bleed
That has more to do with IPS panel lottery than the specific model.

I think I figure it out.
I was looking at the UD68, not the UD88 (because the 88 is not available in NZ yet... Fucking nVidia shills over here forcing freesync out of the market)
the 68 is a much cheaper construction than the 88 and the 88 probably uses binned panels.

Webm for retards

Is it really that bad to use a FirePro for gaming? In my next build I've only got one slot available for a GPU and unless I'm wrong it seems the only way to get a decently powerful single slot GPU is to go for a workstation card.

>Using Adblock on Cred Forums

What anti-virus should I use?

Is GIMP spyware now?

Is Firefox the best browser still?

Molecular Bio PhD student
I need to use some linux based bioinformatics suites. Tophat in particular.
Do any molecular biofags on this site know the best distro I should use?

Hi, PWM splitter fan controller makes all my fans run at max, what do?

thermaltake commander fp 10 way pwm fan power splitter

>GIMP spyware
Wat

I want to game quietly at night. Halp?
>GPU isn't the problem
>fans are okay
Any tips on silencing HDD?
>I'm an autist at typing, so my key presses are loud. How do I make my keyboard quieter?

Soft press logitech and SSD. Next

Best email servers to use?
Best search browsers to use for (somewhat) unbiased results?

Found a Craigslist deal...
>$35USD for an Antec 900 case w/ fans, Win7Pro disk/install code, and a DVDRW drive. Good deal?

It only detects speed from one fan, supposedly the port with the glossy side.

just finished my new build and my HDD is loud as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=20E3RZ0uQIs

sounds kinda like this, is this normal?

I read that it might be because theres no anti vibration things for it in this case (NZXT S340), is that correct?

How do I install another operating system on my SSD without overriding my current one?

I want to play Forza Horizon 3 but It only works on windows ten and I currently have windows 8. I don't want to update from what I currently have but heard it was possible to install another OS and two alternate between two operating systems.

Decent deal, not the most beautiful case out there though.

Why the fuck is Arch so complicated to install? It asked me for a password just to use the iso

Ain't nobody got time for that

>It asked me for a password just to use the iso
What? It doesn't do that.

Alright thanks, I'll have a look for the glossy side

I've heard (and stands to reason) that capping your framerate on games that far exceed it is much better for your temps and can reduce stuttering/tearing. However peoples opinions seem to drastically differ on what I should actually cap it at.

I have a 60hz monitor.

I've seen multiple answers of 58, 59, 65, and 121 (double + 1).

For a 60hz monitor, what is the god damned ideal framerate cap? I'm setting this in the driver for all games.

It did for me

Idk that's why I asked

i'm not a bio- or sciencefag, but there is a distro called "Scientific Linux" or something like that.

But it probably doesn't matter a lot. Go with Debian or Ubuntu, and you should be fine. If the producer of the software you wanna use don't specify/recommend anything on their website, I don't think it will matter.

are you sure it's Arch that's asking and not your motherboard/BIOS?

Yeah I'm sure, it was a root password

press enter.

saving power/reducing temps? lower the better, naturally
for minimizing tearing, use vsync. if you want to render faster than your monitor (for example, to reduce input lag), then use some multiple (like 120, 180, 240, etc), to increase the chances of the monitor drawing a [near-]full frame (aka, not torn)

that's one of those things i'd make a leddit google search for, some of them are competent sometimes and point you in the right direction

wth ive never heard of capping it on a 60 hz monitor
why would you want 1 or 2 frames less? I dont see what you really mean dude

I did, I'll try again to see if I can duplicate it

I had that case, and now I have the Antec 1200, and I really dislike both of them. My main issues are that they're super heavy and the dust filters are a major hassle to remove for cleaning.

But for $35 it's probably an okay deal.

capping it at 60 usually results in more tearing than normal, something capping 1 or 2 below refresh is said to help with. Supposedly if you both cap at 59 and enable vsync you get zero tearing and eliminate most of the input lag vsync brings with it. If you cap at double it's also meant to help with input lag assuming you can actually reach double.

These are all just things I've heard, in my limited testing and research I can't find a solid demonstrated answer on whether any of this stuff does a damned thing.

What do you guys think of Nvidia's new computer?
exxactcorp.com/NVIDIA-Tesla/NVIDIA_DGX-1.php?gclid=CjwKEAjw34i_BRDH9fbylbDJw1gSJAAvIFqUvyW7LFCqgkVTR3P8LihDguT3f2Uuy9T1rJWYTmyIaRoCSi7w_wcB

That's equivalent to M(x,y)+(-N(x,y))=0

Unbiased is a tough order to fill, but you can get untalored results from startpage or duckduck. Startpage is basically google results with the google products bias and personalized results bubble removed. Emails servers are a dime a dozen, it's really just a matter of preference.

You would need to shrink your existing partition first, either using disk management or easeUS partition. Then you isert the installation disk for your second OS and run it. When you're installing, just choose the blank space to be the location of your new OS.

I have a Thinkpad X220 with a 250GB SSD and trying to install Arch but it wont boot
I tried with GPT and MBR partitions but grub doesnt works.
How should I partition the disk?
Should I install any special package?
I already RTFM, installed arch on different VM and dont wont to go back to Ubuntu

Will next generation of CPUs and GPUs be a substantial increase in power or just a small increment?
Meaning, should I buy a new PC now or wait?

Is it true that laser are more reliable than inkjet printers?

CPUs - small increment

GPUs - large increment, although they won't be out till 2018

I just ordered this.

How fucked am I?

amazon.co.uk/LG-25UM58-P-25-Inch-21-UltraWide/dp/B01BV1XB2K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474447825&sr=8-1&keywords=ultrawide monitor

So the currently released GPUs (4xx,10xx) are just some sort of a stepping stone or trash release just so they can get a bit more money before the next big jump or are they a large increment from the last generation of GPUs also?
How does it work anyway? New generation of GPUs and CPUs every year or is it every 2 years?

ultrawide is a meme. there is barely any ultrawide content beside video games. and if you're gaming, you would have been better off getting a high refreshrate monitor. why are you asking for advice AFTER buying stupid shit?

Ultrawide looks gorgeous for me and all I do is play WoW and browse. 5ms is more than fine for gaming lmao

confirmed for never having seen 144hz irl

Correct! Now ask me if I care
(Protip: I don't have aspergers)

(OP)
What is a good eth coin or dash coin miner for linux

CPUs are typically released every year to 18 months but the performance gains have been minimal the past 5 years. As far as GPUs go, this gen isn't bad. Next release is projected to see more performance increase than this release, but this release saw greater performance gains than last gen. It's a personal call whether or not to upgrade the GPU

why even come to this thread and ask a question if all you wanted was validation for your shit tier purchase? enjoy your waste of money and no content.

It can be a bit irregular. Intel pops out a new generation every year, and they're always a few percent more efficient at the same clock. GPUs tend to be a noticable jump every generation but they're less often and less predictable (usually about every 2 years give or take). This last jump was a solid one, so I would definitely avoid last generation. CPUs age much more slowly than GPUs in terms of usabitlility. As a general rule, don't wait for anything unless it's a very short wait for a large upgrade.

and just about every movie made in the last few decades.

Still.. as much as I love my ultrawide I do have a TV as a second monitor for tv shows, anime, and youtube.

not very if that's what you wanted. Ultrawides are pretty great when they're supported and thats a pretty damn good price for one.

I want to extract subtitles actually

Rofl. You fucked up.

Trying to reinstall Microsoft's W10 store. getting the following error when trying the command line with my "fullpackagename" in powershell.

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe' because it
At line:1 char:1
+ Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Win ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Program File...e_8wekyb3d8bbwe:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNo
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

there's a reason 1080p is the standard, most content is in 1080p.

also, this guy said he wants to play games, are you arguing that a little bit of horizontal space is better than 144hz for video games?

>wangblows idling at 12%
>check task manager
>wuauserv service is using up fuckton of RAM and CPU juice
>turn off
>CPU idles at 3% with browser open
>time elapses
>GOTO memearrow 1

How do I break out of this loop?

I guarantee you the cheap ones will last you no longer. The worst that can happen though is you'll be replacing paper input rubbers or fuser film. Inkjets can shit all over themselves, plastic cogs break, ink goes dry after fifteen minutes of staying idle, printheads cost a fuckton, it's a mystery why people still buy them.

Is the R9 Fury/X a good choice for 1080p? In Australia it's around the same price as the 980Ti and 1060 (WTF).

sure

He bought the smallest version of a heavily discounted already cheap ultrawide, you really think he has the kind of PC that can reach 144hz? on top of that 144hz is about as unsupported as ultrawide is. Better arguments to be made for a larger 1440p monitor.

No. Fury X excels at higher resolutions. It loses to Nvidia at 1080p

Are there any decent graphics drivers for an elite book running Windows 7? I have intel on board graphics and YouTube causes weird graphical glitches and kept running, it nearly catches fire. It says there are no driver's available through the windows tool.

Did I say I want to play games? I said WoW only. Which ulrawide is perfect for due to the UI space and FoV.

I was hoping to find a GUI. But I will settle for this

it's your money, not mine. you asked for opinions and i gave you mine. now don't cry just because my opinion differs from yours, child.

I'm not the one crying, friend
Look at the anger imbued in your posts compared to any other posts on the topic

What processor do you have?

You need to be 18 or older to post on this website.

I don't think anyone's crying, it seemed like a pretty civil back and forth until you condescended to him.

How do I into general trees?
I have an assignment to make a system for one, but how do you make a searchable tree that isn't binary?
You could, I suppose, have intermediate nodes e.g. "Hamm" is the parent of "Hamme" is the parent of "Hammer" and you just look for a child with the next letter, but that doesn't seem right.

Hoho, nice one friend-o!
Plentifull lulz! A joyous brazillian hue hue to you!

Intel i7-2760QM 2.4ghz

Fuck off Hiroshima

Recursive functions

downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81500/Intel-HD-Graphics-3000-for-2nd-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors

Why ask for opinions when you dont care about them?

Thanks much appreciated

Oh my fucking god you are retarded

meh, it achieves what was asked. i'm not claiming its an efficient solution.

Are there any situations where wireless chargers are dangerous? I'm not talking about bullshit pseudoscience health claims, I mean are they going to fry a computer if it's too close, blow up a lightbulb I set down nearby, etc.

What are the goodest usenet searchers?

Probably damage your monitor over time in proximity

But I mean that recursion doesn't solve the question of what structure a general tree has exactly, it's a means of traversing.

Yo.

I have an installer for metal gear solid 5 that has some nice music playing in it, how can i extract the song? Its an exe

How do I fix reCAPTCHA?

It ALWAYS makes me choose street signs and shit. It's never the single-click captcha that you expect it to be.

Using Appchan on FF47.

use legacy captchas

The general structure is a node with various datatypes within, written in C as a typedef'd structure. One or more of these data fields is a pointer to the memory address of the next level down. So for a quad tree, each parent node has 4 'children'. So there are 4 members of each parent node (generally an array of pointers to the node structure declared as struct node * child [4] for example).

You can then access each successive child through the parent. Through syntax like parent->child[x]

Hope this helps a bit

Outside of that, which I have been doing for a year.

Do aftermarket coolers improve motherboard temps as well or just CPU ?

My problem isn't the technical stuff, it's the concept of a general tree.
Quadtrees are a perfectly sensible concept.
However, my computer science course has us create abominations in Java, with most of the code prewritten in a way that really limits what we can do.

In this case, I am making a tree with the following properties for each node:
>has a string as its arbitrary property
>indefinite number of children
>reference to parent (lolwhy)

If the root of a subtree is "harambe", which has the children "didn't", "deserve", and "to", where on earth do I put "die"?

i cant get windows 8.1 to allow me to boot debian off a USB. ive tryed everything. changed boot order, disabled secure boot, booted in safe mode and manually selected the usb in bios... whelp guess im retard/10

Which one is less shitty, a HD 5670 or a GT 640?

A friend is offering me an old HD 5670 for free. I thought of using it to replace the GT 640 in my parents' computer. Will be playing some light video games when I go over to visit. Wondering if there's anything to gain from switching GPUs.

So I updated to Win10 when it came out but rolled back to [spoiler]8.1[/spoiler] after couple hours of trying. Now I want to get back to Win10 [spoiler]for Xbone games[/spoiler] and I heard you could update to Win10 if you had updated to it once. Is it possible?

Disable hybrid boot / fast startup.

Sorry I don't really understand the question at this point. If it has to have an indefinite number of children then 'die' could either be a child of the subroot (which makes grammatical sense); or of its children 'didnt', 'deserve' and 'to'.

You have the freedom to make each level have as many children as you want.

I'm sure Java has the tools for this (it's basically a dynamic array of child node pointers).

Yup.

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/

Thanks.

Is your physical IP address visible to mods or can they only see your MAC address

just got a sony ss-wsb92 subwoofer for free. is this any good? google yields nothing. is there anyway i can rig this to my pc?

Websites can't see your MAC address, only your IP.

just googled about connecting to pc. i just want to know if its a good sub now.

Technically IPv6 with auto-configuration and without privacy extensions is an exception.
Then your MAC address is part of the IPv6 address.

GT 640 is slightly less slow

So IPV6 is less private than IPV4? Is there a good way to fix that?

>So IPV6 is less private than IPV4? Is there a good way to fix that?
IPv6 has a Privacy Extension that randomized your address.
Recent Windows and Linux versions enable it by default so don't worry

Saw a recipe and it specified to heat your skillet over medium heat, and wait for it to get real hot before putting anything else on it. But if you're not putting anything else on it then why not heat it at the highest level possible and then turn it down to medium before putting food on it? Is there any reason this would be worse than doing it their way?

Why does Windows 10 randomly fail to start up (or not) when peripherals (the culprit changes every time because Windows) are plugged in?

I think it started happening after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, which I think had people experiencing the same at the time at least.

Now I suspect it happens after every update.

To be clear, it always gets all the way to the black screen with the dots going around in a circle. It just gets stuck there.

Cool thanks. It's nice having a privacy concern solve itself for once.

You know, if your problem takes more than one thread to solve on here, you're probably better off taking it to other parts of the internet.

Bump

I'm patient. It's not really a pressing matter as it may or may not happen every time I turn on the computer since -- before I turn it on -- the computer exists in a superposition of either "will boot properly" or "won't boot properly". Turning it on collapses the computer wave function into a single possibility.

or just run a DHCPv6 server like a sane person.

This used to happen to me when I first installed W10, specifically when I was using hybrid start-up (in other words, not a full restart or shift-shutdown clean startup)

Doesn't happen anymore and I can't remember what I did to fix it though. I might have changed a piece of hardware or unplugged something in the mean time, not sure...

Oh wait, now that I think of it, I actually think it was the other way around. Hybrid startup always worked fine, but when I did a clean restart it sometimes failed to boot. Which seems the same in your case as well if it's happening after updates (which usually will force a clean restart.)

I do have a tendency to click the restart button which appears after an update.

Is there a way to Ctrl+F a thread to instantly find out when someone is using [kode][/kode] tags?

Ctrl+F the source code

I tried asking this yesterday, but, would putting duct tape over a pcb damage it?

Not really, but it would leave residue and attempting to remove duct tape attached to components might damage something.

Thanks for the answer, kind user~

Is HP ProBook 440 G3 any good? I'm fine with the specs but what about ProBook build quality?

you cant

google is training its neural network to recognize street signs in anticipation of self driving cars.

How can I use text as a transparency mask in KWGT?

Can I download an add-on that makes the process more casual?

Anyone ever been banned from this site for supposedly doing something you know for a fact you didn't do?
How did you convince mods if there's been a genuine misunderstanding misunderstanding and you've done no wrong?

I have verizon fios. The verizon supplied Quantum Gateway, the black square one. Q1100 i think.

I have a linksys e1200 that i would like to set up in this part of the house. I have a few computers that do not have wireless capability that i would like to plug into the linksys. I have 1 cat5e cable that is about 100 feet long run from the verizon gateway back here. I tried dicking around with it but i cannot get it to work.

Emailed them about your dynamic IP address.

if you don't need the wireless then use the e1200 as a switch, so plug all cables into 1-4, leave WAN empty and disable DHCP/Wireless in it.

or buy a switch for 10$

Is there any app that can upscale my whole screen in real-time using a nice algorithm like waifu2x or NNEDI?

Am I liable if one of my bodyguards assaults someone? They're hired from an outside contracting agency so I would assume that agency would be liable but want to be sure.

should I:
A. buy overpriced 2011 motherboard and used E5-2680 off ebay
B. buy a 2011-3 motherboard and E5-1620V3, both new
C. wait for zen and hope it won't be delayed until next year, and hope that windows 7 will work on it (looks like it won't be supported)

I'd have preferred 8 cores and ECC memory, but if I get a 2011-3 motherboard, then I can only afford the cheapest quad-core if I buy retail. is it worth buying engineering sample Xeons off ebay, or are they shit?

For what purpose

Thought it would be nice for visual novels which tend to have the sort of art that benefits a lot from such algorithms as well as tending to be in low resolution and it not really mattering even if my framerate takes a hit from costly upscaling algorithms since it's all static sprites and text anyway.

Alright thanks Ill most likely do that then.
Is it possible to get the wifi working? I have a few small devices I wouldnt mind using the wireless with aswell.

you could potentially record the part of your screen the game occupies, and stream it locally to your media player for it to upscale
this'd probably work easier if you have two displays though, unless you can also find a way to get your mouse/keyboard inputs to go to the game without getting in the way of the media player
latency doesn't matter much for VNs

Technically it's possible to do something like that but I suppose no one made a finished program for this because waifu2x is not just a fancy scaling algorithm, it's using a neural network, which means you'll get only 1 frame per 3-4 seconds on a $500 GPU

If you find that you've suddenly been banned, but the ban page says that the ban was filed almost a year ago, is that a sign that there's an issue regarding dynamic/mobile ip?

check your graphic card settings, there's an upscale feature for both nvidia and amd.

Yes. Particularly if you haven't been banned for the year of banning in question.

Thanks, that's a relief. Seems fucked up though if it could result in legal trouble for an innocent person

I need an idea, if you could help me.

Im making an whole system that somehow is going to be rented for month or year, it depends. This system has an Android app, using webservices, this app need to have some kind of logging. What my boss wants its to make one account per phone, so you can only log in in one phone per time.

Whats the best way to cotrol this? Phone's IMEI? Working with a FLAG on the DB or something? ANy idea?

if i pop open my router, find serial port and connect it with a serial cable and get serial console.
can i run a a script on my router or some program on my router.
whats the difference between the emulated terminal i have on my pc and serial console.
i know routers use flash memory, is it possible to put stuff on it ?

>can i run a a script on my router or some program on my router.
most likely, yes
>i know routers use flash memory, is it possible to put stuff on it ?
most likely, yes

Is it possible for something to taste saltier than pure salt?

That actually looks bretty good. Though is the process of screen recording and passing to my media player lossy? If so then it will probably defeat the purpose...

you can use a lossless codec

A'ight, will look into it. Will doing it losslessly increase the overhead from upscaling, or does it not matter?

won't affect upscaler performance, the image is already uncompressed internally by that point

How do hackers for consoles use specific video games to preform an exploit in the system's firmware?

but do i need an image to flash on the router for that ?
which only the manufacturer can provide

I have a gaymen peecee and I think I'm due for an upgrade.

CPU - Intel i5 2500
GPU - GTX 970
RAM - 12GB

Should I upgrade my CPU or GPU?

How do I get the pre Anniversary update start menu style back?

>Instal Ganoo Lenoox
okay

What's objectively the best After Effects version?

Most videogame consoles have strict rules about what kind of code is able to run on the system, in order to make stuff like hacking and piracy much harder. So the first step in having a workable hack for the system is generally to find an entry point in some vulnerable piece of software that can then be used to trick the software into running some arbitrary code, namely your hack.

Of course if you want to do things like modify firmware, bypass DRM, or other things the system creator really doesn't want you touching, you'll also need to find another exploit to elevate the permissions you've got to a high enough level, so there's more to it than simply finding a workable entry point in one piece of software. But that's definitely a major hurdle that often stands in the way of releasing useful hacks for systems.

Not sure I was clear enough in the first part so to explain a bit better, the consoles usually require every piece of code (whether a game or some kind of native app like a browser or whatever) have a cryptographic signature in order to be allowed to run on the system. Game developers must sign their software appropriately so that it can be sold and run on consoles. Generally in order to make unauthorized code run, you either need to crack the keys used to sign stuff (very difficult, usually impossible unless they fucked up majorly somewhere) or piggyback off another piece of software that has already been signed. The latter is generally much easier, and that is where "exploit games" or other things like browser exploits come into play.

GPU would be the most expensive, CPU too since you would have to buy a motherboard and RAM.

Buy a SSD.

When we will see cheaper SSDs?

bump

What am I doing wrong?

The missing R.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why doesnt inheritance work?
Child fails to inherit the penis?

GPU

Are all Linux users this autistic?

catb.org/jargon/html/crackers.html

How good is this(Lenovo Tab3 A7-10 7) for reading books and mango? The screen res seems a bit low but the size is just the right size at 7". A local store is selling it for $60, is it worth it?

why didnt you put input instead of raw_input ?

Do I REALLY have to tip the Amazon guy $5 on a $20 order? If I was just ordering a pizza or something I'd only tip like $3, so that seems fair here too isn't it? Am I being a cheap fucker by doing less than their "recommended" tip?

>Tip the amazon guy
What?

For the Prime Now service (1 or 2 hour delivery) since they send a driver out specifically to take your shit to you they do leave an optional place at checkout to tip them. Though you can just stiff them if you really want to, but I'd feel bad if I did that. Not talking about tipping the FedEx guy or something.

Did people actually write like this? I understand saying stupid shit like pwn or hax but those examples seem pretty excessive

There was a brief period, deep in the Web 1.0 days and earlier, where some people did. Nowadays anyone who does is just trying to be ironic or some 13 year old who doesn't understand that nobody actually types like that anymore, though.

When I was thirteen I had a friend who would talk like that, but even then I'm pretty sure it was out of style. He was a poseur, anyway

Whats the good guide for beginners about setting up proxy?

Simply entering "how to setup proxy" gives bad results (sites that automatically place what you search for among generic text and such).

Does it play DOOM in 4k tho.

This is about gfx cards on linux.
I need a cheap gfx card and someone recommended an rx 470, which seems to be enough for my light gaming needs.
I'm mostly using debian stable these days, and i was wondering about the driver performance.

How is the open source amdgpu driver on linux?
Do i have to use testing or does it work on stable?
Is it better than nouveau (if you've ever tried it) ?
Does it crash often?
Is it still experimental?
Do you have any experiences / opinions to share?

This one is about filesystems.
Is anyone using btrfs?
What reasons do i have to switch from ext4?
Does it really support "incremental filesystems backups"?

This one is about git.
Is anyone using gitlab instead of github for public projects?
What should i use and why?
I'd choose github because it's more popular, but gitlab is open source and i can also run it on my home server.

1gps = 100,000kb/s or 100mb/s ?

i have a pirated version of win 10, activator worked, updates well and stuff but i have this KMS processes going on, is this virus from activator? should i be worried? will i lose monies on my bank account?

maybe the activator installed a process to keep windows activated.
What program are you using?
I have never tried with windows 10, but for windows 7 i used Daz loader (which doesn't need this kms program in the background)

yes to all of your questions

1Gbit/s = 1,000Mbit/s or 1,000,000Kbit/s

i used this torrent thepiratebay.org/torrent/15319644/Windows_10_Pro_v.1511_En-us_x64_July2016_Pre-Activated-_TEAM_OS_

it works really nice, i didnt noticed it previously and recently installed pirated bioshock so that also might be a reason

Check the SHA-1 of your activator.
Dont use AutoKMS, use MStoolkit next time.

ay yo Cred Forums

How the fuck do I do scheduled backups of certain files/folders to a local centralized server (linux,windows,bsd i dont care what type of server) with windows 10 machines?

Preferably just with command line / powershell / event scheduler but willing to take anything at this point.

Did you really used a modified ISO instead the original one?
If i were you i would reinstall windows, and probably DBAN.

Try a proxy extensions/add-ons for your browser

I changed my phone's DPI from 320 to 240 and while some things are a bit small, it looks really nice and I was able to use xposed App Settings to keep the DPI at 320 for the keyboard and camera - awesome.
But Tinfoil for Facebook and some other apps won't change their DPI even when settings are changed in App Settings - any way to force this change?

so the best way is to get official iso from microsoft iso creator and then ms toolkit it? what are good pages to get ms toolkit? the fort google ones are good?

Looking for a good alternative to Adobe Flash Player. Is there any? I don´t want to install it to watch online videos.

I want to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 on my desktop (well, at least want to try it out on a new drive). I don't have a valid key i think. How do i go about getting and activating w10? Also is there an easy way/guide to set it up (ie remove telemetrics, and tweaks a la blackviper"s registry settinga for w7)?

Not exactly, you can get the ISO anywhere as long its the original one.
That is the whole point of checking the SHA-1 of the files.

I have a Logitech z506, would a pair of Micca MB42x and smsl amp be an improvement?

Why you've got to pay Simeone that isn't your employee?
Amazon pays him
His job is it si why you need to pay him again ?

html5, it's bundled with most browsers

So I live in a country where uni is "free". I've had my sights on a degree in CS because I feel like it's the education that can grant me lots of personal freedom. Lots of jobs, not hard to start your own company, you actaully can create shit yourself(no expensive materials or machines needed). But would it be better to study CE or EE? They teach alot of stuff that CS do aswell. Also it's stuff that you can't really self teach to the same degree as CS. What's senpais thoughts on this?

Hey what is this? it popped up on my screen and I'm scared, but I plugged in one of those rockband drum kits before I saw it.

Just wondering if they slipped some kind of malicious program on there.

>ay yo Cred Forums
holla

Razers software, it's bloatware avoid.

Thanks bro, didn't know if it was driver software for the drum kit, you saved my ass.

I will be attempting to set up w10 in a vm with pci pass through. Is it possible to set it up in a way that i can boot into it directly if i want to?

What is the site from where I can find music in FLAC /MP3 320Kbps? Or a site which has a big music library, regardless of the quality?

rutracker

Adwcleaner.

Also.
>Razer

So I have a 6700K and my motherboard does not have an LLC option where I can edit it. Should I RMA the motherboard and get one that does?

I can see the option in the intel extreme tuning and it is set at 120.

Only problems I seem to have is that when I run prime95 the cpu speed will actually lower by 200mhz than what I have it set to.

I had to borrow a friends keyboard for a while while I was waiting for my new one to come in the mail. I aint proud of it. This was 3 months ago, the program just now popped up.

Dude youre anonymous, who the fuck cares
>razer

I do. [spoiler]because I enjoyed it.[/spoiler]

Should I buy Bitdfender or NOD32?

Neither. MSE is good enough, combined with unlock origin, umatrix/noscript and malwarebytes. Also common sense.

How do i delete linux from my pc? I have win10 and ubuntu dual boot and wanna get rid of ubuntu and alocate all the space for windows. Windows recovery disk tool doesnt work, i get an error.

Anyone know anything about DNS records?

I want to point a subdomain to a specific port on my VPS, rather than my whole domain being used for everything.

What the fuck is MX Priority and why is it blanked out? No, it doesn't unlock once everything else is filled out.

MX Priority is for MX records.

You can't point a subdomain to a specific port. two different things entirely.

You should read up on DNS.

Is Sierra any good?

but I'm not setting up an MX record. it asks for a value all the zone types.
also, EFFORT.
and thanks.

>malwarebytes
I don't really like it. Is ublock better than adblock?

Kindle New Paperwhite or Kindle Voyage? Why?

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

If that computer has ever that windows 10 on it before it will reactivate automatically without a key.

Blackviper did put out a guide for 10

blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-10-service-configurations/

And MDL goes into it at length

forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/63874-REPO-Windows-10-TELEMETRY-REPOSITORY

But in general I'd say your best bet is just to use tools like W10privacy and Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4. Windows 10 makes itself intentionally resistant to direct modification, and tends to change privacy/control settings with updates.

Just go to disk management and delete the partitions that ubuntu made. I would make a repair cd though, as grub has probably taken over your boot process. Either of these should work:

download.cnet.com/Lazesoft-Recovery-Suite-Home/3000-2094_4-75749925.html?part=dl-10055229&subj=dl&tag=button

Full windows PE with EasyBCD:

windowsmatters.com/2016/05/13/gandalfs-windows-10pe-x64-threshold-2-build-10586-version-05-13-2016/

Between the two you listed I would go with bitdefender. Ublock Origin is better than adblock.

Can someone please explain what is happening here? I normally play Overwatch on high at 60fps with VSync enabled with no error or hassle whatsoever. Today when I launched the game I barely get 40fps with VSync enabled and if I disable it I cap at 60 somehow and experience incredible screen tearing, my GPU is also running cooler than normal, around 10c. What is happening?

hey Cred Forums Don't judge me, I was just thinking about doing this

PS: I live in a shitty country in South America, everything costs 20x more than in the US..

- Buy used hardware for cheap
- Buy the same hardware as new
- Swap the new hardware for the old hardware in the new hardware's box
- Return it, get your money back and stay with the new purchased hardware for the price of the used one

Example: CPU's don't have a serial number written in it, what could go wrong?

This is an autistic question but how do I manage bookmarks?

I thought I'd use them to save pages for later but now it's turned into this massive archive of stuff I found insteresting but never looked into again. Like, how do I even wade through that shit?

I'm picking parts for my new desktop, so I looked at hard drive failure rates here: backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-stats-q1-2016/

according to this, the most reliable 3tb hard drive is the HDS5C3030ALA630 model

but: on the amazon page for it, a review claims the part isn't actually that model. Also, newegg has TWO separate list stings for that hard drive, and the only one of the two listings that has reviews has a fuck ton of bad reviews saying the drive failed them

amazon.com/Hitachi-Deskstar-HDS5C3030ALA630-Internal-DESKSTAR/dp/B00684XVFS
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP4SX1801
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9DE3SA8335

The hell is going on?

What about restocking fees? Also if it's hard disks or GPUs they can know v easily unless you flash the bios. That's also assuming the used hardware is in mint condition. They also have serial numbers. CPUs too(embedded). But that's assuming the retailer is not completely retarded, which is your best bet. Best to do it far away from where you live.

Make folders

that's low but i guess it could work as long as no serials and stuff.
but they usually power on and check it on the spot if that's a local shop

>3tb hard drives
Just don't

Drivers auto updated?
Reboot PC?
game updates?

How do I into offensive security? Are there sites like code academy for security exercises? If so which ones are actually worth anything

Restocking fees?

If you return something you bought online in the US, don't you get your money back + everything you paid in shipping?

Where I live, used hardware goes only about 40% cheaper than in store, this is how bad it is.

I just want to upgrade my pc, I was thinking about doing this with cpu/board/ram..

But I'm too much of a pussy, so I'm probably not gonna do it.

Also how could they tell if the CPU is new or not? where do you check the SN?

Thanks for replying

Can you clarify a bit more?

I know the higher the storage or number of platters the higher the failure rate is, but going by those tests, that model has a really low rate of failure even compared to 2tb and 1tb drives

I just bought a microphone for my PC, received and realised it's got a 4 pole 3.5mm jack on it and is therefore made almost solely for phones. Can I get an adapter to use it with my PC?

1) Is there a gui file browser for mpv and if not how would one go about making it

2) is there an image viewer that can also play videos

I really don't do much pc gaming, just WoW and a couple of War Hammer games.
Is there any recommend laptops Cred Forums has in mind?
I go over to my friends house quite a bit and don't wanna lug a desktop every few days.

Thanks for any information

How can I install tewi font on Debian?

If ham is made of pork and therefore haram, why does muhammed have Ham in his name?

>Is there any recommend laptops Cred Forums has in mind?
Asus ROG or the Zenbook 15", Dell XPS. MSI laptops are generally good too.

With amazon you do.
With newegg not all the time.

Is PotPlayer as good a free blu ray player as lifehacker says it is?

why the FUCK does wondows defender think youtube-dl is a bad program

potplayer is great, but i've never tried blurays with it

Late, but thank you.

What's the best free program for resizing images, Cred Forums? I have IrFanView but wanted to try other alternatives.

Xnview

Downloading. Thank you.

How do I install HTML5 in my Opera 12.02?

To get the plain checkbox you have to keep Google cookies around for a certain length of time, and even then it only allows you a certain number per day, and then makes you choose images. Not worth it.

bumping

use soulseek

How long should an HDD last? I've had one from 2007 and I'm starting to worry that it's gonna to die soon.

Last year I had an hard drive from 2009 die on me while backing it up , I could feel it dying for a while beforehands , like intense slow downs during transfers , some files I couldnt even access anymore , other took literally minutes to open.

At this point it was too late however , if I tried to /tree the root of my hard drive it couldnt get passed the first few dirs without freezing , chkdsk did the same shit.

If you are currently experiencing the following I suggest you extract the most important files first than try going for a full backup.

Generally speaking if you think a hard drive is dying , it is.

Np.

I get bad screen tearing when I play games but enabling VSync causes my fps to sit around 35-40. What can I do?

Do I need a graphic card with two video port in order to use two monitors? Or there is some kind of adapter that allows me to connect two monitors on only one video port?

There are some video outputs that support multiple displays on the same port, but you probably don't have that.

It's been a while. Is the installgentoo ftp server dead?

I have a 24 inch asus monitor with jack ouput, my problem is if use my headphone on my monitor, sometimes audio cuts completely below a certain volume, then resume when volume is more important. This is annoying, and i don't know if there is a way to fix besides keeping volume at max

The new nvidia sync is supposed to work better than V-Sync. Think its built into pascal.

Taking a class that I need Excel 2013 for... Any safe avenues to obtaining a useable copy?

Putting Windows 10 on my gaymen PC. Best way to debloat/debotnet it?

Hard drives usually die at a rate of 5% or so per year. There's a peak for the first few weaks you own it, and as the drive gets older failure rates go up slightly. A drive can fail at any time, and you should always have a backup.

In general 1 port=1 monitor. And since all but the cheapest cards usually have at least 2 outputs, attempting something like a Displayport daisychain would not be your easiest option anyway. You can mirror the contents of one monitor onto another pretty easily. You can also have the iGPU output to to a second monitor if your motherboard supports it, but I don't recommend that.

Your monitor is probably turning the sound passthrough on and off based on whether it detects and active signal. Unless there's a way to disable that (unlikely) there's not much you can do but run an extension from your computer instead.

reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/39qnll/guide_for_microsoft_windows_office_and_adobe/

majorgeeks.com/files/details/oo_shutup10.html

sounds like a defect. return it to the vendor and get a replacement. trying to fix it would just nullify that 1 year warranty.

What's the best hex editor?

I'm the Office 2013 guy, and it seems I should use MS Toolkit to fix the cracked/pirated version problem, but where do I obtain a copy of that? Not seeing any on TPB unless i'm retarded.

Is there some way I can install and setup an OS in a VM (to a physical drive) while booted into my main OS so I can actually get shit done while the installer does its thing?

Which monitor should I buy for watching tv on?
My current monitor is only 24", so I would like a second larger-sized monitor I can watch from my couch. Price range is around $140 - $350.

How do I apt-get from the multiverse repositories.

Using debian server so i can't click shit.

Hey nick fuck you

VPN vs. seedbox?
Which VPN, PIA, Nordvpn, etc. ?
Which seedbox?

Is it even possible to modify Windows 10? If it is possible, then couldn't one "make" an operating system that combined the efficiency of Linux but can run windows programs without wine?

If I installed Java, Shockwave, Flash, and the like on an USB, would it work in my laptop?

What are the dangers of rooting a phone?

How do I factory reset Windows 7?

I know there is a factory reset option, but is that all I really need to do? Or are there other ways to wipe it/clean it.

Bought a laptop from my friend for cheap and I just want to get it like it was out of the box.

If I am going to explore the deepweb in a VM should I run the VPN inside or outside of the VM?

Would 1080p video look nicer than 720p on a hd screen?

aids

Maybe

This isnt helping

the os doesn't have a factory reset. there should be a factory image/backup on the partition. All you have to do is select that image/backup as the restore source and restore. If that doesn't exist just visit the website and look for that model and download the factory image.

Well neither is your lack of details

What detail do you want there isnt more

Not exactly but yes.

Only 8.1 has a factory reset option.

That Ratiborus tool has a download feature

cloclo13.cldmail.ru/2k4XWkrpF4ib3BQ8sFPP/G/Yz5m/yh5fPv458/Office 2013-2016 C2R Install v5.9.zip?key=a08c4107c36a4132bdc58695e2c7409640a1c76f

If people had that much ability to tinker with windows, wine would be amazing/unecessary. Windows is closed source and we can barely touch it, let alone break it down to it's components.

VPN allows you to do a lot of things covertly, but requires that you trust your provider with all the things you do on the internet while you're connected to them. It also lets you bypass some country content restrictions. Banks and even social media accounts/email go nuts if you log in from one. A seedbox allows you to upload well without affecting your local internet connection, which is great for private trackers. It depends on your use case, but if you're strictly torrenting, a seedbox is probably better.

torrentfreak.com/top-10-most-popular-torrent-sites-of-2016-160102/

The seedbox you get depends on what features you want and how much you're willing to spend. They have a lot of threads about it on r/piracy

I've been reading up on android custom roms and i still don't understand the shit
what's the difference between an AOSP and a non AOSP rom?

How to backup 15GB on a phone if USB and Bluetooth wont work?
No SD either.

Im considering reviving an old laptop with a i5 sandy bridge CPU, hardware base everything works albeit painfully slow.
Maxing the RAM and adding an SSD would do the trick?
I would be used for shitposting, ancient gaming, and occasionally for office software.
>Too poor to afford a new laptop

Did some research and this wouldn't be possible since the CPU has a batch number printed on it

It would be too easy for them to realize the cpu's had been swapped

Dropping this idea

FTP

>Im considering reviving an old laptop with a i5 sandy bridge CPU, hardware base everything works albeit painfully slow.
>Maxing the RAM and adding an SSD would do the trick?
>I would be used for shitposting, ancient gaming, and occasionally for office software.
>>Too poor to afford a new laptop
SSD alone would do unless you only have 2GB.

Yes, my main concern are torrents, but i also care about general privacy.
>private trackers
While those are nice, idk if doing the interview for that gaysex club + getting a more expensive seedbox rather than cheap 4-7$/month VPN + public trackers is worth it.
Also, no idea about seedboxes, do i simply login via a web interface and operate on it via RDP?

Mh alright

How big are you wanting to go, and what resolution? Are you wanting it more as a tv or for documents/websurfing?

If you're buying used from some random person I'd go for the full wipe/reinstall from a disk and skip even the recovery partition, in case it's been infected. Just make sure you have the key before you get started.

Voiding the warenty, a soft/hard brick in extreme cases, but that's unusual (check the guide your using to root for known risks). You might disable android pay and a handfull of other 3rd party services. There's also risk of getting malware from the process if you use something shady. Many people still find it worth it.

Things look best when the resolution is matched exactly. HD means 720p, FHD means 1080p. So 720p would look best on an HD screen. The relationship between 1080p and 4k is a little different.

They'll give you instructions on how to log in. Managing the torrent client is pretty simple. And usually downloading them is just a matter of setting up filezilla or something similar. You can ask /ptg/ about other ways of getting into trackers. They mostly focus on specialized ones there, but general ones are fine for most people, and tend to be easier to get into.

Is it okay to buy an used PSU?

It's 5 years old and I can get it for $25, seller says it's working perfectly fine since day one

It's a Seasonic S12II 80plus Bronze 520watts

Keep in mind that I'm not from the US and the same PSU new costs about $90 here..

Is it worth the risk?

Seasonic is a solid brand, it's probably fine.

Who /python/ here? Pic related

If you installed them as part of a portable OS or browser probably, but not on their own without local installation.

It's kind of like AOSP is to Android like Chromium is to Chrome. AOSP is the stock android source code, and everything else like cyanogenmod or samsung's or amazon's modified versions are offshoots of that.

so there are no non aosp based roms?
all roms are aosp?

Is this considered excessive bleeding?
It's quite noticeable on the bottom right and top right.
I got the monitor today and I'm thinking of returning it. MG279Q from Asus.

>If you installed them as part of a portable OS or browser probably
I'm using portable Opera in an HDD, will that do?

>my laptop screen ;_;

No.

1-2 tops, at 4 years+ they start to degrade and a 5 year they will start to fail even on quality brands.

Rule No1 of building a PC, never cheap out in your PSU.

New Thread

Moderate but not excessive.
Still RMA it.

All versions of chrome are "chromium based". But what people mean when they say AOSP based rom is one that really hasn't been modified or had things added to it. Stock loader, addons, code, layout etc. It's pretty much vanilla android.

AFAIK portable apps don't usually support addons officially, but they'll often work anyway. You may have to google around to find a workaround, and there's not a 100% sucess rate.

raymond.cc/blog/how-to-enable-flash-support-in-firefox-portable/

Depending on what's been changed in the apps, older solutions might have stopped working for newer releases.

ah i see
thanks for the clarification

Balls.

So here's where I'm at, literally bought this for 25 bucks so I can't complain.
No keys, even for office. No way to reinstall anything.

So changing my question to, without wiping everything, what's the best way to clean it out?

If it wasn't pirated you're fine (and if it was you're no worse off anyway). The key is usually printed on a sticker on the bottom. And if it wasn't, just backup the activation token to restore later:

joshcellsoftwares.com/products/advancedtokensmanager/

and extract the key just in case

nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Then just reinstall with a clean copy

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4