There is nothing wrong with using Windows 10. Post some good reasons why you haven't installed/don't use/run it...

There is nothing wrong with using Windows 10. Post some good reasons why you haven't installed/don't use/run it. No paranoid bullshit either.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f5zwg/upgraded_work_pc_to_windows_10_now_i_have_no_sound/
thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/288697-microsoft-fires-back-on-safe-harbor-violations
webmshare.com/ov6dn
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>No paranoid bullshit ether.

Because Windows 7 is the best now kill yourself, cunt!

I don't like the Terms of Service

You seem upset Pajeet.
Have you been out to the street today?

Don't post mee mees.

is this the new desktop thread

because my audio doesn't work
and i get bsods every 30 minutes.

tried every method of fixing, nothing.
Windows 7 is the shit.

yes

is this the new desktop thread

win 7 for life

also my hdd broke so I don't have win 7 right now

>Post some good reasons why you haven't installed/don't use/run it.
It's not really finished yet, still buggy.
Also I get worse performance with DX9 games like CS:GO.

That's about it.
It's also annoying on a clean install, you have to turn off lots of stuff, but oh well.

hi i heard there was a desktop thread around here?

Have you tried a completely clean install?

It keeps downloading something at 4 Mb/s every time I turn off the metered connection setting on my wifi. It's fully updated and that p2p sharing thing is turned off so there's nothing for it to download.
Turns out the problem is a service called "Delivery Optimization", which is responsible for the p2p shit.

>good reason not to run Windows 10
Not sure how good the reason is, but Server 2012 R2 doesn't support all the group policy ADMX templates, and I'm too lazy to download them.

I'll start messing around with Server 2016 over the holidays, and migrate some time after that I suppose.

yep

Desktop thread?

This the new desktop thread?

Yo I heard ppl are posting desktops here, is that true?

I am Desktop. Hello.

yes

yes. new desktop thread. go.

Hey can someone hook me up with summa those destops

I have two computers which I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the built in upgrade tool from Microsoft.

The other Windows 10 is an older build now and the other one is a newer one, why is this? I can't install the Ubuntu subsystem to the older build and it's annoying me. Could it be because the other Windows 7 was ultimate and the other was Professional or something (can't remember anymore)?

Because people won't shut the fuck up about it and 7 is, for my own use at least, superior to the alternative.

I've tried both and prefer 7 over 10.

I tried getting it to install the anniversary update to try out bash on windows, but the system update utility shit itself trying to update a printer driver that I've never installed and after trying several times to reset the update utility in different ways I just gave up and went back to using Mint, which just works.

>Windows 10
>Reddit frog maymay
you have to go back
Windows10

My experience is the opposite.
I even put 10 on an old shitty 2008 Compaq that came with Vista and 10 uses fewer resources and everything runs much better.

Burn an ISO to a USB and boot from it dipshit

I am comfortable with my 7 and it does everything i need it to. Xp does everything I need it too as well. I dont know why everyone thinks they need to upgrade everything all the time.

Also I cant afford to download it since it doesnt come on a disc anymore.

because you can't turn off the telemetry and data collection

>It's a meme meme episode
Off yourself you stupid piece of shit.

Something tells me you suck at computers and your old install was messed up somehow.
10 is not supposed to run "much better", it has higher RAM requirements and uses slightly more disk space on a clean install.

> There is nothing wrong with using Windows 10.
Eat a dick, paid shills.

How to get that frog on the start menu??

So. As long as they aren't removing pirated content who gives a fuck.

I dont play games and all the software I require for work runs on muh loonix

I m at work, need to continue working on project, quite urgent. And mr Windows 10 said it will restart and update now, i have no choice. Oh how i love it, operating system wiser than its user

Not an argument.

Wasn't supposed to be, you daft cunt. Now go get a real job.

>I don't know how to change default settings

You had to disable automatic updates on every modern Windows version, Windows 10 is no different.

It's exclusive to Windows 10 Smug Edition™

even though I don't own anything illegal, I still don't want pajeets and gubmint agents looking through my files and taking screenshots of my desktop. I don't want microshit to sell my data to advertisers so they can make more money by invading my privacy. I don't want microshit to know the contents of my files and emails, because I don't trust them. all these privacy-invading features you get with windows 10, and there's no turning them off.

People shouldn't need to keep repeating themselves with the blatantly obvious just because paid shills like you deliberately try to muddy the waters.

You are one of the dumbest people that I have came across on Cred Forums.

Fuck off, shill. Nobody likes shitheads like you.

I don't think it's worth the $270 it costs. (Win 10 Pro, single user, normal license, BOX, USB)

Repeating what? Fallacies? Lmao. It's ironic that self proclaimed intelligent people can't even craft a logical argument. Most of you just post "memes" with no real basis for it.

If Microsoft paid me $270 to use it, I still wouldn't.

What difference does it make when you just bitch and whine about the arguments we've already made against Windows 10?

You're projecting again.

I'm not going to take your bait. Like I said, fuck off and go get a real job, fucking shill.

Don't be a daft cunt, nobody likes paid shills.

shoo shoo, poo in the loo

>Anyone posting things that I dislike is a shill
Sure, whatever.

Just hide the thread retards.

If Microsoft paid me $270 to use it, I'd put it on a VM and have a script browse the dragon dildo website 24/7

Sure. It's broken, buggy and bloated. Runs slower than my Windows 7. Ugly inconsistent UI. Every time I install it on whatever machine, speedtest always shows -20mb/s compared to any alternative. I'm putting it down to the perma connection from Microsoft sucking the shit out of it.

Thanks for trying, Windows 10 is a piece of shit and if you use it you should try leddit and certainly not a tech board.

That's just a blatant attempt at getting people to self-censor themselves and stop calling you out.

Link?

10 rupees have been deposited to your Microsoft account, rajesh

Funny. I hear stories like this but it has ran flawlessly for me since the preview builds

see

My university's wifi doesn't work with Windows 7, when I asked why they told me to upgrade to Windows 10. The main argument being newer is better so upgrade and it's free. What do I do, Cred Forums?

Try to find somebody with a clue to investigate the issue.

I went to the IT office and that was their answer. The uni's head did not require them to make it work with W7 or something like that.
I'll probably have to upgrade to W10. W7 is just much of a botnet as W10 is now, right?

>W7 is just much of a botnet as W10 is now, right?
No, it isn't. W7 doesn't send any usage data unless you opt in to it.

If you want to get a similarly botnet free experience on 10 you need Enterprise or Education and change some settings in GP.

No. It's very easy to just not accept the botnet updates.

>terrible UI
>driver issues
>the "paranoid" "bullshit"
>bloatware
>unstable
If I wanted a windows as a desktop OS I'd use 7 or 8.1. The only good use for windows 10 would be an offline gaming OS.

So uninstall VirtualBox if you think that Windows 10 is so great

Tried it for an hour. It slowed down my computer and did not seem to contain any actual improvments. Rolled back to 8.1.

It has a marginally less retarded start menu, and no charms bar fuckery, and that's it. Not worth the slowdown.

Dx12 is the only reason to use win10. The rest of win10, and I mean all the rest, is garbage

Because Solus does everything I need

Enjoy your bloated botnet HDD raping OS.

Meanwhile I'm posting hassle free from my solid Windows Server 2012 R2 distro.

See:

Why is the RTM version faster to boot than the anniversary update?

Because
>Last version of windows so it'll be updated till end of time and got it for free
>DX12
>Faster, more stable

>1366x768
pls Pajeet

Clean installed 10 on literally the last advertised "free" day bcos 8.1 was such an appalling POS.

10 has *ALL* the same problems, but now everything is even slower, lappy runs hotter, battery lasts half the time it did.

>Microsoft is cancer, Microsoft is death, Microsoft is hate. Pic related.

Becuase Windows 10 is spying on everyone. Just read the EULA!

will she succ me off if I switch to w10?

>no paranoid bullshit either
So, basically, you asked for a thread with no replies.

with 7, i control when update are done if it's going to restart.
with 10, in a vm, fucking updates make the system crawl.

8.1 and 10 give you better performance than 7.

Why do I feel like both sides of the use/not use w10 argument are paid shills, with the sole purpose of creating any kind of advertisement for win10??

sage

not from what i've seen

Because that;s probably what's happening
I ain't buyin their shitty os by the way

Me neither. I downloaded an official image and cracktivated it, and I'm still in the process of trying it out. So far, I haven't noticed any huge differences as far as performance goes. It's just another OS.

still saging because fuck shills

I don't use it because it automatically restarts when it installs updates and "active hours" are a joke. I wanted my PC to download something over night and shut down but it didn't because it restarted halfway through and stayed on all night long and corrupted the download. I fucking hate it because of that

Not really.

>it automatically restarts when it installs updates

So does W7 by default. Which is why you're supposed to grow a brain and change the settings.

Then you're either ignorant or doing something wrong.

7 is better if you're into Windows. 10 is an ok OS but do you really want just Ok?
I run primarily Debian based distros for muh stability.

Win7 doesnt fuck my OS drive nearly as hard

Not him, but new Windows being faster is a bit of a meme, mostly perpetuated by tech illiterate people who are comparing clean installs to their old toolbar ridden shits.

Even Microsoft marketing doesn't claim W10 to be faster, because that would be false advertising and could even get them in trouble.

could i get that wallpaper, famalam?

>Not really.
Windows 7 totally shits up my old netbook while after the upgrade it runs buttery smooth even with 20 chrome tabs open.

So what does that tell me?

Slow, buggy, lack of customization.

There's no setting except "active hours" or to completely defer updates for 6 months you fucking retard

There's a setting in GP to disable auto updates.
Maybe you should find someone who knows a thing about computers to help you.

Doesn't work as of the Anniversary Update, apparently. Something about it still being there but not working.

There is nothing wrong with attempting suicide. Post some good reasons why you haven't done it. No paranoid bullshit either.

Much slower than 7 on my computer and has driver problems too

>this argument again
top kek
I only search and install updates on 7 manually now, thanks to the windows 10 updates before

Paranoia much, user?

w10 is shit - what's to shill? There's pretty much no other choice unfortunatley, unless you're some kind of neet neckbeard 4evalone.

>yay capitalism - so much competition, many choice.

As this user said it doesn't work now, I disabled it both in GP and Services, and it would still try to search for updates (saw it in task manager), but then it would get stuck because it can't actually download them. It happened both in real-time and in VM. W10 is a clusterfuck

It does work, at least on Enterprise.

Crack Link ?

Pajeet is really working hard for his bing points, isn't he.

Go cry harder to POOtella dumb shit

You completely missed my point.
Sorry mate, not gonna post a link. Just search for KMS Pico and find one that isn't filled with viruses.

also, I will keep saging in favor of my original post about both sides of the argument being shills

are you Tay

Windows update broke my fucking webcam.

Piece of shit/10

it's a feature, not a bug

I tried copying and reverse searching, here is the best result.

There are few nice things about Windows 10. But almost everything that I use frequently is just further away from where I need it then Windows 7.

For example configuring your display you have to go through the shitty pointless Windows 10 menu click Advanced go to the Windows 7 when you do your business and then go back out it's just twice as much work to do a lot of simple things like that so fuck it.

It still sends into though. Can't turn off telemetry completely.

thanks for the effort. i'll have to try digging it up later. your version should help, too.

Most of these are personal reasons so "hurr who needs that/just use something else" do not apply.

- The default theme looks like ass, there are only a dozen custom ones available, none of which I like, and window transparency is impossible without additional wonky-ass third party shit.
- The start menu is essentially an app so it cannot be used if any part of the default runtime thing is modified or removed, also it kept crashing on me in every single instance of Win10 I've tried so far, including the"anniversary update" or whatever.
- Several components (Update, Task Scheduler, Defender, App runtime, etc.) can't be disabled at all by default without booting into a separate OS and manually deleting files, which is annoying as hell
- Despite claims of being "faster", it uses significantly more resources than Win 7 (something like 20-30 services enabled by default, some of which outright can't be disabled like they could be on 7).
- I dislike just about every single UI change, and having to manually re-enable shit like the old volume switcher or the networking panel (impossible) or the start menu (impossible without third party software) is annoying.
- The Control Panel (and settings) is gradually getting stripped of features in favor of the gimped app one which I hate.
- Other than some really minor positive changes which don't affect me (kernel hibernation, some memory compression thing, few good UI changes), it doesn't actually add anything. My experience would not be improved in any meaningful way by "upgrading" to Win10, and it would be ruined on a billion fronts. Plus it's more like it holds features you care about hostage in order to force you to upgrade (hardware support, DX12, API changes, apps, bash, etc), which I really detest.
- I personally don't like the direction MS is heading in with all the "we know what's good for you" bullshit, even if it isn't a realistic concern at this time and things like forced sign-in can be technically avoided.

External sound card i've had for 10 years doesnt work with it.
Any newer replacements don't let you use stuff like cubase or guitar rig with anything else playing sound at the same time.
Didn't mind 10 other than that.

I don't like the way Windows 10 functions and it provides absolutely no mechanism by which I can transform it into an OS that befits me

but GNU/Linux does and adequately fulfills all my needs, so in short there is no reason for me to compromise and use Windows 10

My desktop ( a Dell Vostro 260 with decent specs) apparently can't run windows 10. When it's installed, users have no sounds.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f5zwg/upgraded_work_pc_to_windows_10_now_i_have_no_sound/

I don't know enough about computers to troubleshoot this if it happens to my computer and I'm scared to try. I'm going to contact Microsoft support.

Linux performs better and is more reliable.

Windows slows down after you use it for about a month and Linux just stays snappy?

it doesnt support on disc DRM. so i have a physical copy of a pc game and cant run it on windows 10. its just so they can push their windows game store crap and it will probably come with a update that kills steam

thank god most people still use windows7 and support for windows10 exclusively wont happen

Good to know. I use my computer mostly for gaming anyways. Isn't microsoft pushing a bunch of stuff with Xbox and Windows 10 though?

W10 thread? Just what I needed.

Gimme a hand Cred Forums. Everywhere I look for details of privacy concerns in Windows 10, an awful lot of it looks outdated. Most of it was only an issue in the insider versions (e.g. sending screenshots to Micorsoft every few minutes) and some of it was removed in the Anniversary Update (Wi-Fi Sense).

Does anyone have an up to date info on Windows 10's privacy issues?

The only reason I run Windows is for a few games. None of them require me to go through the hassle of upgrading, so I will not upgrade until I have an actual reason to upgrade. And even then, I will do a fresh installation of Windows 10 on a newly purchased SSD rather than using the old and somehow not busted spinning plates.

Let's try another way: why SHOULD anyone use it?

>feedback hub

Because it's free by both definitions. And I've been off windows for so long I have no idea how to use it.

Man, I sure love the new start menu
>sorry, brah. I crashed for no reason and even thought you use classic shell I have to take it, the whole taskbar and explorer.exe with me. Please wait a couple of _minutes_ before I let you do anything while I keep processes hostage.

>There is nothing wrong with using Windows 10.
It's free.
Nothing good is free unless it's community driven, because it means the company makes their money some other way (ads, data mining, micro transactions).
Macbook costs money and it's superior.

or you're just a dumb shill

My first line got chopped. Should have been "I use Linux because..."

No updates because there's literally no issues

Linux.

>No paranoid bullshit either.

is it hip to use xterm now?

>not just getting a chink $10 soundcard
>believing that MS support will answer

>Most of it was only an issue in the insider versions (e.g. sending screenshots to Micorsoft every few minutes)
Where's the proof that they removed that and the keylogger?

Fuck your sage. Bump.

best not-anymore free-as-in-free-beer OS ever made

They were caught red handed sending European user data(which is illegal and they must abide to since they operate here as well) under the Safe Harbor-clause from unspecified thread.

Ponder that for a moment.

Cred Forums has too long been infested with Windows gamer kiddies. It's time to purge them once and for all.

Any of the following regularly occurring threads on Cred Forums is either directly or indirectly about Windows gaming:

* Intel vs. AMD threads
* GPU threads
* Various types of rig/battlestation/guts/Speccy threads ("What parts should I buy, /g?" "Is this part good, Cred Forums?" "Check out my specs, Cred Forums.")
* All Windows discussion and support threads (obviously)

These threads only serve to discuss products for playing video games. They have nothing to do with programming, networking, security, privacy, freedom, design, usability, or anything else Cred Forums related.

These threads and the people who post within them belong in either or as they are the appropriate boards in which to discuss their hobby, along with "console war" and "PC vs. console" threads. This should be Rule #4 for Cred Forums and it should be aggressively enforced until the children finally get it and move on.

This is the thread to petition Hiroshimoot to cure the Cred Forums cancer in Cred Forums. If you really care about technology and not just vapid consumerism, help by adding your voice to this discussion.

We can do it, Cred Forums.

----

Winkcucks don't care about technology in general.

All they care about is the product, not the method. Product is and the method is .

Products are GPU shitstorms, speccy threads, guts threads, casing threads etc.

A typical winbabby's perception of judging a GPU is "Gaming benchmarks".

None of the gamer wincuckolds are interested in the method or process of making games. Game is not technology, programming games is.

Buying GPU is not technology and neither is discussing which build will play the latest manchild games.

Wincuckolds do not care about privacy and cryptology. They are more invested in games.

If all they care about is the ability to play games they should move to

>thread
threath

Why are you scared to post the crack?

>Windows 7 totally shits up my old netbook while after the upgrade it runs buttery smooth even with 20 chrome tabs open.
>So what does that tell me?
It tells you to get a better browser.

Where are proofs?

LUM is dope

Computer dual boots GNU/Linux + Windows 10.
GNU/Linux is vastly superior to windows.

thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/288697-microsoft-fires-back-on-safe-harbor-violations

I dual boot and I disagree. I use Linux sometimes but it's mainly there in case something happens to Windows.

When something gets posted it gets popular, and then draws unwanted attention. Then it gets removed. Examples include KAT, while TPB was getting fisted daily because of all the attention KAT was left alone for the few that used it to freely do so. Then TPB went away and everyone spread the word of KAT, and within a year it was gone. Second example, porn tube sites. When you post the actress name in the comments her watchdog group can easily find and remove the video.

I just moved to Win10 after getting an SSD. Any essential stuff that i can use

Doesn't have FileSystems, not secure, extremely slow.

Because i like my system using less than 1 GB of RAM for reasons. Also i like the "free" price point and enjoy running a single command to update all my software. Also i see nothing wrong with GIMP/mypaint, Krita, Inkscape and Libreoffice, since i was using them on windows too. Qcad needed some getting used to though.

You don't have to share the site to share the torrent

>Where's the proof that they removed that and the keylogger?
For the keylogger, I don't know for sure, but can't that just be turned off? As for the screenshots, as far as I'm aware, the best proof that exists is simply "if you try to do what people did to show that the insider builds send screenshots to Microsoft on a non-insider build, you will fail".

you might be running linux but if it's connected to the internet it ain't no safer than windows.

What? horrible phrasing.

I have. I just don't use it unless I need to.

>That what they want you to think

They were examples. You post shit on this normie website, it fucking ruins it for everyone.

because my breath doesn't smell like feces

Even the botnet meme aside Win 10 is bloated as fuck, and Cortana can't eat shit, if I wanted that Siri shit I would have spent another 4 grand to get a mac. Win 7 was/is way better, the only remote benefit of 10 is "muh dx12"

Holy jumping meatballs, you have not read much about the absurd privacy issues have you? Not just yours either, but everyone in your contact list. Dude, win10 is quite up there with facecrap, google and this fruit thingy. Using linux on both work and private now, missing nothing, playing games, writing this.. :-)

only console i got working on Win10
doesnt work with w3m very well though, cant crop any picctures in neofetch

Top tier bait user, you really triggered freetards

oh my bad. thought you were on lunix

can you give me any non-microsoft source to confirm this

>What? horrible phrasing.
I am under the impression that the keylogger can simply be disabled.
I believe that the fact that the methods used to discover Windows 10 sending screenshots to Microsoft have never worked outside of Insider Builds is proof that Windows 10 does not send screenshots to Microsoft.

>Holy jumping meatballs, you have not read much about the absurd privacy issues have you?
> absurd privacy issues
Show me a list of what privacy issues Windows 10 has in normal builds of Windows 10 (not the Insider crap which was out before the full release) after the Anniversary Update.

Quick question. Why are there no more desktop threads?

'wonky ass third party shit'

beside the trojans / adware / viruses

>No paranoid bullshit either.
>Caring about your privacy doesn't count

Proofs, tovarisch?

It's poorly made, updates break the system, Microsoft refuses or is incapable of fixing issues with it, the update procedure is unreliable and unsafe. The OS is a shit sandwich.

Also, I do actually use it. It's not that I don't use it for these reasons, but it's certainly one of the least stable OS' Microsoft has made right after Windows ME. Windows 7 might be shit, but at least I don't remember having to avoid updates like the plague.

I'm quite pleases with windows 10, the only thing that irritates me at this point are the settings interfaces, how they are split up arbitrarily between the new style settings app and the control panel. I keep looking for options that are only found in control panel in the settings app and vice versa.

>i dont like it so it's not technology xddd"

It's nothing special. What you think as "fast" are just modern touch ups to Win 7. I only use it for muh gaymen, but I've considered building a standalone steam machine with SteamOS for the living room or something and having a Linux flavor as my main driver.

old build was better.

He's right. Get fucked gaymer fag.

I haven't even left Vista yet on my main PC and probably won't for some time. I've got W7 and W8 on other computers, but Vista appeals most for some reason.

That garbage belongs on Cred Forums. Yes video games are technology but there's a separate board for a reason, it's because you gaming fags dumb down every discussion.

boomer detected

I don't like systems that deliberately collect my data.
This is no paranoid bullshit because it's the truth. Read the ToS.

In addition webm proof
webmshare.com/ov6dn

>Ugly inconsistent UI
Thats the only thing putting me out of trying it in my gaming partition. Higher network usage too, i don't have any prof, but i just think that W10 sending all that shit will slow down my Mexican internet.

Idk my Windows has always been snappy because even on a toaster I know what services I have to disable, which programs don't need to open at startup and some good tweaks to optimize the OS and defrag once in a while?

12 rupees have been deposited into your Microsoft wallet.

>windows is not free so it must be better
nice goyim

Yeah but that's already way too much work just to play bad console ports and shitty indie titles that are all the same. Just get a PS4 or some shit and use Linux

>has time to read the terms of service

NERD typical non-Windows user lol

It's not even all about videogames. Hell the only thing I play is CS:GO and it works on Linux (although it's not as supported as on Windows) but there isn't much choice in Linux about editing and rendering software

Mine too. It starts in less than 30 seconds on a WD blue from 2011, but as soon as i tried Linux (Ubuntu), i fell in love. That shit starts in even less time and shuts down like in 5 seconds.

I don't like the interface I have Windows 7 installed on an SSD and I don't see a speed difference as far as Windows 10 being better, in fact I see at times it's a bit laggier and buggier that's just about it.

This
It ain't hard to maintain, meanwhile search and install ninite