MacOS Sierra General

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/APFS_Guide/FAQ/FAQ.htm
googleprojectzero.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/how-to-compromise-enterprise-endpoint.html
etrecheck.com
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.html
etresoft.com/etrecheck
discussions.apple.com/message/30603036#30603036
pastebin.com/embed_iframe/R5ATQcz1
developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/Developer_Tools/Xcode
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is it as unstable, incoherent, inconsistent, buggy, condescending and ugly as the old one?

stop talking that way about your mom, user

>Can't set your mac to respond to "Hey, Siri."

FUCKING DROPPED
U
C
K
I
N
G

D
R
O
P
P
E
D

it's quicker to hold command and space. plus it's same key press as spotlight so using it is pretty natural/intuitive. now just hold spotlight longer if you wanna ask siri instead of typing want from spotlight

Listening to music with Windows (while not at the keyboard):
>"Hey Cortana, play music by Radiohead"
>Cortana opens Groove Music and plays Radiohead

Listening to music with Android (while not next to your phone):
>"Okay Google, play music by Radiohead"
>Google Music opens and plays Radiohead

Listening to music with macOS (while not next to your Mac):
>Yer fucked m8

>Groove Music
Lol

Groove Music may be shit, but that doesn't negate the fact that you can ask the computer to play music hands-free.

>he doesn't enable the dictation feature in the accessibility system preferences

i've had """"Siri"""" 5 years by using a customised version of this built in feature

G.O.M.L.

Mathworks just sent an email sayimg matlab does not work with sierra, so no upgrades for me.

that's because matlab is one giant kludge

any major issues, yet?!

no, still just werks

how to enable AppleFS or format a MacOS Extened Journaled file system to AppleFS?

Not yet, did a fresh install and it seems to be going okay.

Is that the new file system? I think you need to use the terminal. Check the arstechnia review, they say how.

Have a 5k iMac 2015 and Siri is useless in Sierra. Cuts off half of my command and just sits there. At least the phone version works.

developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/APFS_Guide/FAQ/FAQ.htm

What are the limitations of Apple File System in macOS Sierra?

macOS Sierra includes a Developer Preview release of Apple File System. As a Developer Preview, it has several limitations:

Startup Disk: An APFS-formatted volume cannot be used as a startup disk.
Case Sensitivity: Filenames are case-sensitive only.
Time Machine: Time Machine backups are not supported.
FileVault: APFS-formatted volumes cannot be encrypted using FileVault.
Fusion Drive: Apple File System cannot use Fusion Drives.
Can I use Apple File System with my existing hard disk drive?

Yes. Apple File System is optimized for Flash/SSD storage, but can also be used with traditional hard disk drives (HDD), Fusion Drives, and external, direct-attached storage.

Can I reshare APFS-formatted volumes using a network file-sharing protocol?

Yes, you can share APFS-formatted volumes using the SMB or NFS network file-sharing protocol.

You cannot share APFS-formatted volumes using AFP. The AFP protocol is deprecated.

Can I use my third-party disk utilities with an APFS-formatted hard disk?

Existing third-party utilities will need to be updated to support Apple File System. Consult the utility's documentation, or contact the vendor for compatibility information.

Can I boot macOS Sierra from an APFS-formatted hard disk?

No. macOS Sierra supports Apple File System for data volumes only. You cannot boot macOS Sierra from a APFS-formatted volume.

Upgrading

Apple will offer nondestructive in-place upgrades from HFS+ to APFS for all boot volumes when Apple File System ships in 2017. Tools will be available to convert external volumes from HFS+ to APFS format.

If I convert a volume to APFS, can I later revert to HFS+?

You can use Disk Utility to erase an APFS-formatted volume and reformat as HFS+. However, your data will not be preserved when you reformat the volume as HFS+.

So... basically don't use it.

What's a good guide for doing a clean install?

No it's worse

i got u

back up everything

boot from the install disk

erase everything
install

You don't need to do a clean install with OS X.
It's a meme

yeah, matlab is completely fucked on it

>using Matlab
You're completely fucked either way.

>tfw only getting Matlab for free from university and not Mathematica

Safari (or WebKit because I saw the same problem in Mail.app) is still glitchy

I used to be envious of macfagOS because it looked so sleek, but these days it looks so tacky

>Using matlab or mathematica over python+numpy+scipy
You may as well just kill yourself now.

>not wrapping both python and octave interpreters in the same shell so that you can run code that comes from people that use either tool
pigdog useless

Why would I ever use some meme shit over something that has functional toolboxes?

>windows
>feeding the botnet information
>groove music
>radio head
>google

f u c k i n g k i l l y o u r s e l f

kek
You realise everybody in the real world uses fortran or python right.
The real meme is matlab/mathematica.

>avast complains that it doesn't have rights to do shit
>taking 120% processor load all the time
>can't uninstall it or disable shields since "avast doesn't have proper privileges" or some shit

Fucking fuck shit. Here I come terminal.

the real question is why do you have avast installed

I need to scan my computer and random files at times for work. Or are you saying that it's an especially bad antivirus? Last time I checked it was still one of the best on macOS.

i am saying that any antivirus is an especially bad antivirus

googleprojectzero.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/how-to-compromise-enterprise-endpoint.html

translation: antivirus runs untrusted code as root, and has extremely shitty code quality so even the most basic vulnerabilities are present

btw, just use fucking virustotal, like a serious researcher

Can I trust to upload anything sensitive? I would probably lose my job for uploading anything outside proper channels.

That sucks. I still have to do this, though.

Can I create a smart playlist in Apple Music that only shows complete albums?
I have a bunch of single good songs from otherwise shit albums that just clutters up my library

>Software not working with new OS version
Is this fucking Vista?
"just works" my ass

>Can I trust to upload anything sensitive? I would probably lose my job for uploading anything outside proper channels.
idk, read the privacy policy, and ToS.

it's mainly for researchers to upload suspected virus samples, but it scans against all 50+ major virus databases in 1 second

So you're just browsing with it then?

yeah, and just running 3 vm hyper visors, and just running 5 dev environments, and just using all my normal apps simultaneously without any hint of a glitch or slowdown

Can't I just run antivirus from a virtual machine to circumvent all of these problems? Ofc I could probably only use it as a scanner then.

>implying Apple is the SLIGHTEST bit better

unless you're a gaymer it really is.

>implying it's not

i have a checkbox that can turn off siri, icloud, any any other botnet activities. windows has a lie.

What kind of dev environments do you run?

C++, Disassembly, Rust, Windows VS (C# - in a vm), embedded C/asm (TI-MSP430 launchpad), Python, fullstack web (just use a text editor) for making quick and dirty UI's to demo my findings

not even kidding

oh, and duh, Swift for mac systems programming, and i/Device, but i'm mainly a systems guy

I've tested it as a developer and it was fucking horrible

probably because you're a noob

Yeah... Xcode crashing, finder crashing or freezing, login screen freezing, complete OS crashes... All my fault for fucking using the device

>Yeah... Xcode crashing, finder crashing or freezing, login screen freezing, complete OS crashes... All my fault for fucking using the device

do you really think people would do this? just go on the internet and tell lies?

lol fucking burned

Yeah that's about the reaction I got when asking for help...
Hey I have a problem with xcode and the finder is incredibly slow
>fuck you you're telling lies
Hey is there an alternative to xcode for making iPhone apps?
>why would you use something other than the greatest ide ever made? Are you insane?

And then you faggots wonder why you have so much hate ad disgust flung your way.
Kys

I have a 8gb RAM 2009 MacBook
Will it work on it? Already have El Capitan on it

i've only seen those problems in really old models of macbooks. did you buy an ancient macbook for cheap to "try it out"?

i agree iOS development is annoyingly locked down. you have to have a mac, and you have to use Xcode. i'm glad i don't do iOS development though.

I want to know this as well, I'm still on mountain lion and am scared that it'll fuck over my entire macbook cause it's too old to handle this shit.

Default font setup?

>software from 200 fucking 1 installs and works without any hitches on windows 10 (Microsoft Encarta)
>matlab, software that is used by a fuckload of people, just doesn't work after an OS receives a minor upgrade

Kek

2015 Mac mini
I mean it was funny to use it, having it crash or just behaving weirdly all the time. I got payed for waiting for it to get its shit together. But my boss (who's a diehard apple fanboy and actually the reason I had to make an ios app in the first place) had his brand new iMac crash during the 15 minutes I was in his office, talking about the project, so my guess is that it's common.

Any time I had to rely on Apple doing their job right (like upgrading my app from swift 2 to swift 3) I could rest assured, everything would break, and not once did they impress with "just work"-ness

>using an encyclopedia from 2001
You're going to flunk middle school.

the one time i've worked with a mac mini the experience was awful. and to be honest i've never really worked with an iMac. my macbook pro experience with development has been great. i have had OS X crash from time to time, but it's very rare. hasn't happened to me in 4+ years. seems you have some bad luck.

But the crashing and bad performance weren't the things I found most annoying. Everybody says how well designed apple software is when in reality it isn't. I'm a UI engineer, so I know a bit about human perception and general easy to use ui design and Apple has many design flaws built into their OSs and other software. It's stuff you get used to, but is nowhere intuitive (trying to be as objective about this as possible, considering the fact that I'm a life long Windows user)

1. Back up your data
2. Look up how to make a USB installer (it's a single terminal command, don't remember it right now, you just need "Install macOS sierra.app")
3. Reboot, hold Option, select USB
4. Install
5. Restore your data

There you go

yes there are some annoying things about OS X that seems apple keeps around just to be "different" such as their awful window management. but the system is much more stable than windows, and bash makes development easier. it's like a good mix of windows and linux imo

This happened before, I think you had to run a modified script to run the program. In any case you should use scipy because MATLAB is shit

Downloading on my hackintosh now. Wish me luck?

Will it actually add anything other than lag on a 2012 rMBP? I already have to turn off all the stupid eye candy shit to have it run smoothly.

>Expecting the computer to hear you when there's music playing
Wow you guys really go ALL out to hate on something that is different

Anyone running it on a 2008 iMac? How is it?

Running well for me, turned off Siri because who the fuck needs it.

Honestly dont see the point in it. The improvements are really not noteworthy. Picture-in-picture is okay as is the storage optimization but otherwise...
>bigger emojis
>photo memory
>pretty useless siri

What if there was no music playing before he/she gave the command to play it?

the only things I cared about were universal clipboard and SF Mono font for terminal lol

Unless you have clover, youre fucked

>no allow everything option
oh fuck. Also both Paragon & Tuxera don't work on Sierra as of now, can't use NTFS drives (at least write on them).

>"I didn't quite get that"

FUCK YOU SIRI.

>>no allow everything option
>oh fuck. Also both Paragon & Tuxera don't work on Sierra as of now, can't use NTFS drives (at least write on them).

Fucks sake. Is this reality?

>>no allow everything option
?

I think you can still install from unidentified developers if you open the app with right click > open

my screenshot was from sierra.

maybe you can only select it if it was enabled before updating.

>FagOS

as I said, in my experience, I have never used anything more unstable and unreliable than OSX

Oh xDdd the same joke much funny much lele

Hello Cred Forums

I have just installed this OS on my 2010 13" MBP.

I am now unable to view 720p60fps video on youtube or other html5 media (gfycat and the like) without huge frame drops. These things previously worked fine on El Capitan.

What can I do about this? I have already disabled transparency to ease the load on the gpu.

that's bullshit, you probably did something wrong!!! It just works for me!!!

>2010

Is this a core duo model? They could barely handle 720p60 with el capitan and if it's even slightly worse you will notice it. You have 3 options:
1. wait for an update to fix it (you probably will never get it)
2. switch to 480p and use HD only on 30fps vids
3. reinstall yosemite

>Microsoft Encarta
>2016
What the fuck

Yep. 2.4 ghz c2d.
It's especially irritating because I used to be able to watch 1080p60 source on TWITCH of all places completely smoothly, and now I can't even watch on medium without significant framedropping. It's one thing to be unable to handle new features and capabilities, but objective degradation of past features is a real bummer.

Would I be impacting my security significantly if I were to install yosemite/el capitan?

>Would I be impacting my security significantly if I were to install yosemite/el capitan?

No. They will still get security updates. Have you checked you're not just running more shit in the backgroud now? Try disabling Siri for example and just restarting.

>Core2 Duo iMac can't handle 720p60
My 2008 iMac running El Capitan can play 1080p60 without issue.

Listening to music as a sane person:
>click on the icon of your music player
>hit play

He had a core 2 duo MBP.

but you cant see over 24fps

Oh whoops

>My 2008 iMac running El Capitan can play 1080p60 without issue.

Open activity monitor and run a 1080p60 youtube stuff. Post screencaptures of processor load and try to be honest about what's the average load.

I already disabled siri, I should have noted that.
Just restarted, it's ever so slightly better, but still drops tons of frames with just chrome open, and just one tab running.

Total cpu usage during this is ~60%.

It's probably rebuilding the index for search and doing other maintenance tasks. This always happens after every major OS upgrade. Give it a couple of hours before going back.

Wait, you're trying to watch on Chrome? Swich to Safari and see if it helps. It's way lighter on macOS.

Ty, much appreciated.

I have new faith in this belarusian woodcarving campfire circle today.

You can check if it's because of spotlight indexing like this.

Do the fonts still look like complete shit on non-retina displays?

Safari feels snappier.

Why would one ever switch to mac?

This. Although doing a clean install every once in a while to nuke old shit you don't use and cleaning cruft old applications leave in ~/Library does no harm.

Because it's a superior OS.

Based on what? Give examples.

Honest question here

What do people enjoy about Mac?

I am an iphone fan but never got the feel for the desktop whatever you wanna call it

Boots faster, programs open faster, feels always very responsive and fast even on older machines, battery life is much better, doesn't have forced updates, third-party programs tend to be better than other multiplatform alternatives, looks good, with clean, well-thought UI design in every place of the system and great attention to detail, UNIX based but with a vast third-party compatibility other Unices don't have, including Adobe products and MS Office, includes a god-tier backup solution that even allows you clearly and easily see older version of a file to compare, Safari is the best browser on any platform, isn't a botnet, first-party apps that are far better than anything the alternatives have included, like Photos, iMovie or Garage Band.

I got a macbook recently, it's pretty nice. I think it's nicer as a laptop os than on desktop. I still prefer windows on my pc, but when you're using a touchpad, this is much nicer for some reason.

Don't really know how to explain it honestly. You should try it though if you're curious.

>feels always very responsive and fast even on older machines
user...

it's not perfect obviously, but it's much better than windows

Photos and iMovie aren't good though. Almost no one uses any of the functions being a UNIX based system adds, don't pretend you do. MS Office (who the fuck uses that) and Adobe products work better on Windows. Third-party programs don't even exist for it a lot of the time where they would for Windows. I'm a Mac user myself but you're full of shit.

Yesterday I made several prints on my Cannon PRO-10 before installing Sierra. Now trying to print crashes Ps. I can print from Lightroom. Anyone else?

I have just upgraded to macOS SIerra in my Mac Air and I noticed that a process called "photoanalysisd" is currentlu taken almost 90% of my processor and overheating my Mac

Anyone knows what does this process do and if it can be killed? (tried it once but came up again)

So I tried to install this latest OS audit won't accept any ID password. I changed it and the installer still won't accept it, thus I can't upgrade. Maybe that's a good thing?

I downloaded mac os sierra yesterday. However, I asked Siri what the weather was in my location. She said that to go to settings under security and privacy and enable my location. I did this, but I am not able to check enable locations. It is grayed out. Anybody else has this problem.

I just upgraded a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) from 10.11.6 to 10.12. All went well except now all text characters on the Login screen are Xs in rectangles. I can still login cause I know my login pic, but even when typing the password it shows Xs in rectangles instead of dots. Once I've logged in everything works though. Anyone else have this issue or knows a fix?

I have tried over a dozen times to download the installer from the App Store for macOS Sierra. It fails every time with a message that 'macos sierra download failed. use the purchases page to try again'. The download speeds are pretty good, and in about 20 minutes it will download exactly 4.23 of 4.77 gb. Then it will stall at 4.23 gb and indicate 'calculating'. Stalls at 4.23 gb every time. I have plenty of HD space (+134gb), am running latest version of El Capitan on mid 2010 macbook pro, 8gb of memory. Any ideas for this problem??

I have added the debug menu to appstore and tried resetting application as people have written. Nothing seems to work.

Recently i update my macbook pro (2014) into mac os sierra. Since then my mac wont detect any external hdd i plug into it even though those drives are being detected by PCs and all of the files in it. I tried opening disk utility where the hdd is being shown but the "volume" beneath it is gray. When i try hitting mount on said volume nothing happens. Anything i could do to solve this?

I have a late 2013 27 inch iMac w/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M. I've just upgraded from El Capitan 10.11.6 to macOS Sierra 10.12.0. I'm now receiving a kernel panic about once every 15 minutes with no real rhyme or reason with respect to what activities I am doing. The panic logs are below but don't provide me much info. No single kext / driver is being cited since it looks like a general kernel page fault.

I've submitted this to Apple via Crash Reporter and am going to temporarily downgrade back to El Capitan. I'm not sure if some 3rd party software is responsible, but the trace doesn't seem to suggest it. The last activity according to the trace involved com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard.

Last night I upgraded my early 2015 MacBook Air 13" from El Capitan two issues have arisen. First with none of my mice will the OS implement the left mouse button as primary. The check box is set but all my mice, wired and RF, still only operate as right button primary. I can now not get any of 3 separate blue tooth mice to sync with the system. All of the issues were non existant before the upgrade. My Jabra blue tooth headphones will connect so all the issues are mouse subsystem related. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So, this problem, for me, is with my Siri installation in MacOS Sierra. It refers to me not by my contact information, but by my wife's contact information, which is the entry is the Contacts app above mine.

I've not been able to get Siri to recognize my contact card as the official user, in spite of the fact that the Contacts app shows my contact entry as being "My Card". Changing the default contact, even to a different person, makes no difference to what Siri sees.

Any idea what's going on?

I wanted to get the auto unlock feature running on my MBP, but the checkbox doesn't appear in the security settings. (I have tried nearly everything but nothing works)

I'm using a 15" Retina MBP (early 2013) running Mac OS Sierra and an Apple Watch Series 2 running WatchOS 3.

I just updated to macOS Sierra. Now I have no sound what-so-ever.

Checked all the usual things (speakers, volume, settings, etc.).

Is there a macOS 10.12 sound driver or anything that I can reinstall?

I have three main email accounts I use, all set up as IMAP accounts on my companies server. I access them with four devices - 2013 iMac, iPhone 6, iPad (3d gen) and a 2010 MacBook Pro. I did the Sierra upgrade on the MacBook Pro and while my email seems to be functioning normally (Inboxes and messages are still there - if I delete something from a box on the MBP, it shows up in the trash on the other devices, mail received as normal, etc), when you go into preferences->accounts the IMAP accounts are no longer showing up, although I do see them as POP (which they were originally set up as, but those have been deactivated when I switched everything over to IMAP and I just haven't deleted them. They are still showing as inactive). I also have an iCloud IMAP account and that shows up like normal.

I updated/upgraded to Sierra yesterday following all the on screen instructions/steps. The installation appears to be successful except for iMac mail, my archive folders are now empty.

Is anyone else seen this? Any help is appreciated.

My Macbook won't restart/shut down after installed the newest OS X sierra....Everytime the Installation is done and the macbook have to restart it only shut down my Menubar and the Folders. It stay's on the Desktop and won't restart. Anybody had the same Problem?

Lmao. You cannot be serious.

I can no longer use Messages to send messages to non-Apple users ("Your message could not be sent."), nor does it sync with my iPhone anymore. I have all the appropriate settings in place, it just stopped working.

Made a bootable macOS Sierra usb. Booted to it and when I go to upgrade to Sierra, I select the Macintosh HD and I'm asked to unlock the disk. Asks me for my password. When I type on my keyboard, nothing types out. The cursor is flashing in the field. All I can select is Cancel and quit the process.

Upgraded to Sierra yesterday. Two-finger scrolling no longer works. Called AppleCare. They suggested I re-install. That didn't fix it. (Also previously zapped the P-RAM... and did one other restart with certain keys pressed.)

The next option that was recommended was to delete my preferences folder. That will lose ALL my sign-ins and other preferences so I am not ready to do that yet.

Haven't seen any other examples of this happening (except one here that mentions three finger drag...)

My Document directory is empty following Sierra install. In a terminal window ls ~/Documents displays nothing, however in Microsoft Excel documents are displayed in the same directory.

So, I updated to Sierra today, and everything seems great at first, but I now have two pretty big problems:

1) The computer isn't picking up any of my sound devices, internal or external.

2) There's this weird constant flickering all over the screen, and things like opening a folder form the dock go by layers with lots of flickering instead of at once.

Anyone else got these issues or know how to fix them?

Photos started scanning people but is hanging at 6500 complete with about 3650 photos left. I have left the MacBook connected to power with the photos app closed per the instructions. Are there any ideas or suggestions for getting through the process.

After i installed Macos sierra i went to check for some VERY VERY important work documents i usually keep on the desktop and everything was gone without any trace.... please help i'm crying

The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have the necessary permission. This is the message i am getting when i want to create a new folder. I have not have this issue until recently. 1.

how do i fix it?

2. is there is a security breach?

I am using sierra but, i had the same issue with el Capitan

Hi, today I have update my mac mini Mid 2011 OS Sierra, after the update all my music library disappears from iTunes. The library was stored in external hard drive in an iTunes folder, all the folder was deleted and no itl or music remains. Is there a way to restore it?

I'm not talking about any of that, I'm talking about usability over a long period of time

Apple only makes about 10 different computers despite being basically the biggest company in the world, so OSX is tweaked by apple for those 10 pieces of hardware, it's very efficient and works very well for that reason. Apple does not try to get their OS to run 500 laptops made by 50 other companies.

also their hardware is great

I dual boot windows and OSX, i mainly use windows for work and osx for shitposting

you have to buy a mac and use it for awhile to appreciate it, it's kind of like the iphone, there's just not 50million bits of hardware trying to be supported so honestly it mainly just werks

also the trackpad on the macbooks is almost worth buying them over any windows laptop even if you just want to run windows on it, honest

but it's like asking "whats so great about a high end Mercedes car over my honda? they both get me to the grocery store"

it's all the little things and the overall quality, not one big thing

if you just want to check your email, it does not matter, just like if all you want to do is make 4 phone calls a week, what phone you own is irrelevant

>being married

are that many people in the thread really having problems

i just went to upgrade, should i not do it?

I upgraded to El Capitan on my work iMac and immediately noticed Spotlight is now broken.

In the office we use a reference number system whereby we name our files in the format as xxxx-xx-xx. I've noticed that when I search using Spotlight, be it in the Spotlight window, Mail.app search box, Finder search box or wherever there is a search field and Spotlight is involved I get no search results if the search string is over 8 characters long and contains a special character like a dash, a period or forward slash for example. An @ symbol is fine however.

As an example if I run a search in Mail for an email containing '1234-56-78' I get NO results returned. If however I remove one of the dashes (doesn't matter which one) I get results appearing. The same happens if I remove both dashes.

Again in Mail; If I search for '[email protected]' I get no results returned. If I remove the period between 'john' and 'appleseed' I get results.

While testing this as I type it does not seem fully related to 8 characters length although this is when is it most prevalent. It seems its mainly related to special characters and Spotlight not handling them very well.

Can someone create a folder on their desktop called '1234-56-78' and then try searching for it using both Spotlight and a search via a Finder window and let me know you're results? If you get no results try taking out a dash and see what happens.

I've reindexed Spotlight about 5 times and have now filed a bug report with Apple.

I'll just stay on ElCap, it's stable, fast and comfy

I don't see why I should upgrade from el cap. Everything's fine as is and siri is probably just botnet

Mountain Lion was the last good release.
Max comfy.

Just figured out how to properly Hackintosh it so it's installing now.

That new "Apple File System"; will it be something you can apply in-place to an existing install once it's rolled out?

Mail seems to have completely messed up since upgrading to El Capitan (From Yosemite)

when I first opened mail after upgrading to El Capitan all my mail accounts were missing, so i had to set them all up again one by one.

I then seemed to get all of my mail boxes inside personal folders back...

I have lots of mail boxes inside my Personal Folders where i have stored all my email, nothing kept in my in boxes of my various email accounts. I use email rules to automatically file emails when they arrive into the appropriate inbox. When i look inside the inboxes the emails appear to be there... but clicking on each one opens up a blank message with just the title showing but no content.

When i go to ~/Library/Mail/V3 and do a Get Info, the Mailboxes folder seems to have 1.8Gbytes of emails.

The only emails i can see for my pop3 accounts are those that are still on the server. (i don't delete those straight away from the server)

Mail messages seem to be there but when i click on them the message opens but there seems to be no content.

I have tried rebuilding one of the lower level of mailboxes but that does not seem to help, it just appears to empty the mailbox folder completely! (so i am loaded to try it on any others!)

I tried moving the files starting with "Envelope" out of the ~/Library/Mail/V3/MailData folder to another folder and restarting mail.. that started a reindex which finished much quicker than it said it was going to......and it had not restored the mail... so i moved the original Envelope files back.

When I looked inside the Time Machine to check they are backed up there, it does not show me any further back than the date i upgraded to EL Capitan.

I am starting to panic.....while much of my email is not that precious I have lots from my father who died last year and I am desperate to get back for obvious reasons

I upgraded to El Capitan last week. Immediately after restarting from the install, my 2nd and 3rd monitors no longer displayed anything. It's like they were turned off. I tried restarting, but nothing changed. I then tried switching cables to different ports and seeing what would happen with just a single monitor plugged in, here's what I found.

Machine Info:

MacPro

32GB RAM

AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB Graphics

27" Apple Cinema Display (x2) using Thunderbolt

13HD Wacom Cintiq using HDMI

-------------------------

When 1 monitor was plugged in, it would work fine.

When 2 were plugged in, only the first monitor would work

It seems that changing ports made no difference, only 1 monitor would work at any given time. I also had issues with some external drives failing to mount.

I called AppleCare and they had me reset the SMC on the MacPro. This seemed to fix it until I setup my second cinema display with Apple Calendar and Apple Mail in the new split view and quit the applications without exiting SplitView first. Doing this blacked out the second Cinema display and I had to repeat the SMC reset procedure (listed below). It happened again about an hour later after a restart, I called AppleCare again and the tech led me through the SMC reset steps again and all monitors began working properly again. Within the next few hours the same problem happened again...I am now back on Yosemite until I see something indicating this problem is fixed.

I noticed that Beta users had this problem documented quite a bit on the .3 release, but I saw that the .4 release seemed to fix the issue. Well, it did not. I caught lightening in a bottle and it's happening to me.

>I am starting to panic.....while much of my email is not that precious I have lots from my father who died last year and I am desperate to get back for obvious reasons

you should have backed your shit up mate before upgrading to a new OS that's Cred Forums 101

sorry but they are gone and really it's your fault

You'll probably get them. Guessing servers are pretty damn in fuck mode and wait it out. good luck

There can't be a last if there was never a first.

>You'll probably get them. Guessing servers are pretty damn in fuck mode and wait it out. good luck

he's talking about locally saved email on an email client which he never backed up, not webmail

he's boned

I went into the messages app on my computer recently and found out that more than 20 messages had been sent. The messages were all to Chinese numbers, and the messages in Chinese.

Has anyone experienced the same? is my account hacked?

Photos killing internet connection for entire network in El Capitan and Sierra

ISSUE: My internet connection crashed and this had been the situation for the past several weeks. I was using a hotspot from my phone for connectivity it was so bad. If I would run a speed test, it would register .03Mbps. Internet company came out (twice), replaced everything, new modem, switched, everything. Modem was getting a strong signal but it wasn't reaching any devices. Spend literally days trying to figure this out - running constant speed test. Kind of a fluke, but I noticed if i turned off my wi-fi antenna, my other devices got full internet back.

you are hacked m8y

also it looks like they are messaging out your product keys or something

So I have a document in my Trash and I can't delete it because it is "in use". So I decided to reinstall the OS. I upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra. (Not upgraded, I cleaned my SSD with disk- utility and aftere that I installed MacOS Sierra) But the File is even after the complete reinstall still in the trash folder.

I tried to format my SSD mit Gparted, but the Macbook won't start gparted correctly.

Do you know a tool to fully clean my SSD in the Macbook from an external boot program?

bumping this
pls respond

>Do you know a tool to fully clean my SSD in the Macbook from an external boot program?

boot from a linux usb iso

Hello, I upgraded my imac (late 2009) to El Captitan a few days ago and everything went well and I had no problems using it after the upgrade.

Yesterday I tried to update the latest security fix (2016-001 10.11.6) and now it won't re-start. I get a bright grey screen with a circle with a line through it.

Can anyone help please?

I don't believe that was related to my post.

Was trying to be nice. :(

I'm using a MacBook Pro 2014 and recently did a fresh install (= wiped the SSD before installing) of El Capitan. When I wanted to set up my e-mail accounts in Mail it worked fine for the first one, but the other one gives me an "This account already exists."-message. I already checked System Preferences –> Internet Accounts but it's not listed there. I also removed the credentials for the account from my keychain, because I thought it might be an iCloud sync issue. Nothing helped so far.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

When you see a circle with a slash symbol instead of the Apple logo, it means your Mac couldn't find a valid System Folder to start up from.

If you're using your Mac at a school or business, it might be trying to start from the wrong version of OS X. Contact your IT department for more help.

If this is your personal Mac, try reinstalling OS X by using OS X Recovery.

Hot-Mac

Hello Guys, I know my english is very bad but I hope it enough to understand me.

Now we come to my problem.

When I do thinks at my Mac, like playing LoL or Cs:Go my Mac would be pretty hot at the height from the Apple-Logo. Is that normal?

I hope you can answer me. Thx :)

terminal > sudo bash > pass > rm -rf > drag file to terminal > enter

>Was trying to be nice. :(

nice won't bring back his dead father's emails

Everything works OK for a while and clicking on Finder functions OK but then eventually I get the spinning ball after clicking on the Finder screen and nothing works until I Force Quit Finder.

I saw the suggestion to delete the Finder plist but my library is showing 3 Finder plists, I have deleted the first plist but should I delete the other 2 i.e. file:///Users/defaultuser/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist.LTITz50 and file:///Users/defaultuser/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist.x1Qw3TB

After the install of El Capitan, Safari 9.0 keeps locking up and or crashing.

I have a Mac Book Pro 15'' 2.3 GHz i7, 4GB Memory, 500 GB HD, iOS 10.11

When using Safari, I will have class work up and YouTube or iTunes playing. Before El Capitan it would do those processes with out a problem. Now it seems to lock up, unable to refresh, unable to exit Safari. I have to force quit and shutdown to try and get control back. Occasionally even after the shut down it will still lock up.

Why do I get the spinning beach ball all the time since upgrading to El Capitan?

Received this message after an El Capitan update message

An unexpected error has occurred

(UpgradeFailed: [Errno 66] Directory not empty)

System specs:

MacBook Pro, Retina, 15", Late 2013

running El Capitan vs 10.11.6

Thank you for help in resolving this issue

Judy L.

is someone reposting every problem everyone is reporting the world over into this thread to make it look like mac is shit?

I am trying to open Mac App Store screen is blank only headings and wheel keeps spinning i was trying to do latest update

I was trying to download latest update for El Capitan then i open App Store one the headings come up and the wheel keeps spinning I can go no further

>is someone reposting every problem everyone is reporting the world over into this thread to make it look like mac is shit?

DING DING DING

Can somebody running El Capitan please run
ls -al ~/Desktop in Terminal
and post the resulting dotfiles (that means all hidden files, which start with a dot. For example .DS_Store)?

ok this is bait now. here's your (You)

its a transitioning effect

>implying disabling = turning off
you can't turn off shit with a mac you know

>is someone reposting every problem everyone is reporting the world over into this thread to make it look like mac is shit?

I have been using MacBook Pro Retina (Late 2013) for the past 2+ years without any issues. Recently I updated OS to El Capitan 10.11.6 because of the note about security issues.

After few days of update, while working suddenly laptop screen froze and I had to force reboot. But from then on, in normal mode the screen always freezes. It works only in safe-mode.

Details about my MacBook,

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk Macintosh HD

Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

Other details,

I have free space of 30+ GB in my Mac

No login items

Disabled Web GL in Safari as suggested in Apple discussion forum(Though Safari is not invoked on startup)

Also tried resetting PRAM and SMC, but nothing works out.

I did not try reinstalling OS, because I am not sure whether that will fix the issue. Also, I don't have a back-up of many of content available in the MacBook. Not able to connect to my external hard drive to take a back-up.

Anyone faces the same issue persistently ? Any help/input on how to fix the issue ?

Thanks,

Senthilkumar Arumugam

>Senthilkumar Arumugam

nvm I fixed it

El capitan contacts "On my MAC" gone

Hello,

I recently upgraded my work desktop computer to El Capitan. Because our address book is synced with my bosses i-cloud, I always had a separate "folder" within my contacts that were v.cards "On my MAC". Since I upgraded all of those contacts are gone & strangely enough aren't in his i-cloud contacts either. Do these files back-up to anywhere? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

>look like
No. Everyone knows mactoddlerOS is in fact just shit.

Upgraded to OS El Capitan this morning on my daughter's personal laptop as she backed up her school (apple) laptop to it as her school laptop was having issues. Had to upgrade to the latest OS as her school laptop was on the latest OS and her school docs would not open on her personal laptop (she was on Mavericks). Ran into admin password issues so connected with Chat and got that fixed but by fixing that they then created lots of keychain issues. I was directed to a support document, which did nothing. I was told to finish the upgrade to El Capitan and maybe that would fix the keychain issues - WRONG! Now it is a 50/50 chance that when I get to the sign in page - I will either get stopped there with the keychain error pop ups or it will allow me to the desktop view. I'm beyond disgusted at this point as what should have been simple has become a living nightmare.

I have checked thru the archives and found lots of keychain items but nothing seems to fix mine.

I'm getting the following:

* talagent wants to use the "Local Items" keychain.

my admin and my signon passwords do not work

so I press cancel, then I get

* Messages Agent wants to use the "local items" keychain

my admin and signon passwords do not work

so I press cancel, then I get

* CommCenter wants to use the "local items" keychain

my admin and signon passwords do not work

so I press cancel, then just the continual Messages Agent pop up error

Please help

>>Senthilkumar Arumugam

>is someone reposting every problem everyone is reporting the world over into this thread to make it look like mac is shit??

>>>Senthilkumar Arumugam

How is he doing that?

I have a Mac Mini and a MacBook Pro. I leave the Mac Mini turned on so I can remote into it using Teamviewer. I also often use the "Share Screen" feature on my MacBook Pro to remote into my Mac Mini when I am on the same network.

Sometimes, not always, when I remote in from either system my local monitor shows 4 squashed screens of the computer I'm remoting into (My Mac Mini). All 4 screens are the same. Another symptom is that when I move the cursor around, the portion of the screen that had the cursor move over it turns black, and then when I removed the cursor from the screen of the remote computer, the entire screen of the remote computer goes black.

I don't believe it is a Teamviewer issue because this happened when I used LogMeIn before they jacked up the price and I switched to Teamviewer. I have attached some pictures to show you what I'm talking about.

When I control the computer locally, it only shows 1 monitor attached.

What the hell is up with all the bot posts and replies on here? Mods!

he's in space

I installed Sierra yesterday and it seemed to totally screw up my keychain. Spent hours on the phone with very helpful Apple support and can get the system booted but under system preferences anything that has a "click the lock to make changes" icon is not working. I click and it flickers but nothing happens. This means I have no access to advanced settings As with El Capitan, there is no "repair permissions" function under First Aid.

Thanks for any suggestions.

how do I start my Mac if the system hangs on the apple logo and progress bar when turning on - the progress bar starts out ok, but then slows down towards the end & then just sits there - it looks complete, but it does not finish the open process

nobody would do that

these are all legit problems from Cred Forums users

Is someone spamming this thread?

Spinning beach ball with El Capitan?

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

Problem: Beachballing

Description. Horrible the past 2 days, especially today.

Beachballing VERY VERY SLOW and Beachballing on launching apps, typing, opening an email, closing apps, selecting from the apple menu, trying to restart or shut down. I have reset the PRAM & started in safe mode, to no help. I have fitbit app which I have not yet uninstalled. I have not yet reset the SMC. Typing lags: I can type 30 letters and it takes seconds for the string to appear, with Beachballing visible. Almost anytime I click the cursor down, I get beach ball.

I stumbled upon this forum, found the link to EtreCheck. I can't really interpret the log, but the red shows hard drive problem.
I am 2 months expired with Applecare. I have a genius appointment tomorrow at AppleStore.

Your interpretation of this log, and advice to fix, would be helpful to me.

Here is my log:

EtreCheck version: 3.0.4 (308)

Report generated 2016-09-20 18:13:15

Download EtreCheck from etrecheck.com

Runtime 5:40

Performance: Below Average

Click the [Support] links for help with non-Apple products.

Click the [Details] links for more information about that line.

Description:

El Capitan: Beachballing VERY VERY SLOW on launching apps, typing, opening an email, closing apps, selecting from the apple menu, trying to restart or shut down. I have reset the pram and started in safe mode, to no help. I have fitbit app which I have not yet uninstalled. I have not yet reset the SMC. Worse the past 2 days. Horrible today. Typing lags: I can type 30 letters and it takes seconds for the string to appear, with spinning ball visible

i just upgraded to Safari 10 and now cannot watch videos on youtube

Uh... What the fuck is going on?

My battery life improved...so that's neat.

El Capitan: Kernel: hfs_clonefile: cluster_read failed - 34

I got loads and loads of these errors after upgrading to El Capitan. Sometimes as much as thousands per 10 minutes. Sometimes so bad, that IO was heavily impacted when logging these errors.

After booting it is normally OK, but it starts at some point and gets worse and worse with multiple occurrences per second.

Googling found 0 (!). There are a lot of topics with "cluster_read failed - 5", but these are real Disk I/O errors and always also show an accompanying Disk I/O error. I do *not* get Disk I/O errors.

I put the drive through DriveGenius 4 and all OK.

I'm trying to find out why this happens and it looks like this is El Capitan specific. If I do a fresh install of El Capitan on a freshly formatted drive, It takes about 10 minutes for this error to kick in. The same procedure with Yosemite does NOT produce this error.

Things that I think might be related:

- Running El Capitan instead of Yosemite

- iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)

- Thunderbolt connected drives

- Perhaps related to sleep mode (although this does not happen under Yosemite!!!)

- Perhaps related to FileVault (I pre-format my drive encrypted before installing).

- Perhaps related to LaCie 2big Thunderbolt 2 drives

Things that are not related:

- Software installed (I did fresh installs of Yosemite and El Capitan to compare)

- Hard drive sector errors

Anyone seen this as well?

I have a constant beach balling issue that I haven't been able to find a solution to.

I have constant beach balling. I get it when I open a new app, when I go to a new page on Safari, when I press the Page down key, and when I do many other things.

First, YES, I have done the following to try to fix it:

Ran EtreCheck: normal

Ran TechTool: no issues

Ran Atomic (TechTool's RAM checker): no issues

Ran Apple Hardware Test: no issues

Changed to a new user: no change

Looked for something odd in Activity Monitor: nothing found

Checked for malware: none

yes, just report and hide friend

I wish IDs were available. Would be much easier to just filter them out.

I have to say, I've had a Mac for about a year now. It's entirely my favourite machine. I never did see the Mac hype, but once you really own and use one, hot damn.

>>Checked for malware: none
Applel's """"""""operating systems"""""" are litearlly malware.

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.html

I am experiencing problems with the 10.11.6 update. My MacBook Air completes the update and then when the Mac starts up after the update it runs for a few seconds before shutting down. Luckily I could restore from my TV. Have tried to update several times but with the same outcome - have wasted hours! Now plan not to try update again - unless someone can help with some suggestions to overcome the problem. However, my Mac did start the update without my intervention recently which meant another restore :-( Is there any way to block automatic updates?

Run 'launchctl list' and you'll find all the botnet bloat that's slowing you down.

I was surfing the internet the other night and one of those sites popped up that told me I had a virus, so it wanted to scan my system. Before I could abort and close my system It started scanning. I stopped the scan, completely shut down my system and repowered it up after a few minutes. Now my system is running real slow and I keep getting a message wanting to send me to some kind of support site. I'm pretty sure its a scam. Is there some kind of antivirus/malware program I can get to get rid of this. I really don't want to reload my system and take a chance of losing every thing I have on it, if possible

After recent upgrade to El Captain, my Macbook pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) became very slow.

Startup, reboot, Safari, opening programs.. Rainbow wheel all the time.

If anyone could help I would be very very appreciated!

Thank you!

My Etrecheck results:

EtreCheck version: 3.0.3 (307)

Report generated 2016-09-20 19:59:32

Runtime 4:09

Performance: Good

Click the [Support] links for help with non-Apple products.

Click the [Details] links for more information about that line.

Problem: Computer is too slow

delete system32

With or without SSD? I have the mid 2012 13" too but I swapped the HDD with an SSD

Since i upgraded my Macbook Pro Retina 2015 to 10.11.5 SMB transfers speeds to my Synology NAS are not going faster then 25Mbit.

When i use AFP i get 110Mbit speeds to my nas.

Tested a Mac Mini which has 10.11.4 and the SMB and AFP speeds are good 110Mbit.

Upgraded that mac mini to 10.11.5 and i get 25Mbit speed max using SMB!

Seems like bug in the SMB protocol of El Capitan release 10.11.5

Where do mactoddler morons get the false impression they or their fruity toddler toys belong on a technology board?

Finder not working and top menu bar disappears

Hi

I'm running 10.11.6 0n a Mid 2010 Mac and I am having problems with Finder, which stops responding and I cannot quit or relaunch the app. Furthermore the top bar disappears so I cannot click on the apple icon to shut down.

Anybody else with this problem or has a solution.

Thanks

Paul

El Capitan running slowly?

Is anyone else having the issue of your Mac running wicked slow after the new El Capitan update? Word, Safari, Preview, and iTunes wouldn't open- they froze and I had to force quit them. Even typing this there is a major lag and the pinwheel appears. What's up with that? So far I hate how slow it's making my mac.

1 El Capitan font too small. Have tried every adjustment recommended. I can 't even read support pages. I need to hack into system. help

I have just upgraded to El Capitan. Now every font is too small and jagged. I have tried every adjustment recommendation including adjustments on my monitor. I'm using an Mac mini and Sanyo screen.

I want to hack into the files and fix this. Otherwise, my computer is useless.

All your designers probably have young eyes but they are not going to have them much longer.

You have to address this legibility problem because its a big weakness for Apple. You are choosing to look cool over usability.

If I increase contrast, the fonts look like crap. If I decrease it, the fonts look a little best but I'm looking at grey print on a grey background.

I can barely read your Support site. Please give me some answers beside the obvious answers I can find online. If you can't, find an engineer in Cupertino who can.

>you have to have a mac, and you have to use Xcode.
macs and xcode are objectively superior though because they're developed by Stanford Computer Science grads, not pajeet Software Engineer coders

Apart from Siri, what are the other features of macOS?

iCloud integration, though only 5Gb makes that of limited use, and?

El Capitan Losing Sharing Permissions Between Reboots

I am having an issue that when I reboot the my 2010 Mac Pro, and log back in as my user the 3 permission check boxes I have selected under the sharing panel in system preferences become unchecked. They are: Screen Sharing, File Sharing, and Remote Login. They stay checked if I just log off and back on.

This behavior started to occurred when I had to manually restore the data on the system hard drive when it had some unfixable sectors. Since the repair, everything else appears to be working okay now except this last issue. Since then I have upgraded to the newer versions of El Capitan as released, and I am currently on the latest release.

I have checked the file permissions in my user folder and as far as I can tell everything looks correct.

All the other preferences like firewall for example are sticking just fine.

I also have the latest release of OS X server installed. There is a file sharing preference there as well that ties into the same file sharing setting under the preference panel.

If anyone has a suggestion please let me know.

Thanks.

-Jeff-

sudo spctl --master-disable

Calendar hangs up when I try to enter a location

Calendar version 8.0 (2092.3) OS 10.11.6

When I try to enter a location under an item in calendar the caledar freezes.

Entering ZZ before I enter the address keeps it from freezing, but that solution is a hack not a fix.

Does it have something to do with problems talking to the map program function?

Can the map program be disabled?

> I've had a Mac for about a year now. It's entirely my favourite machine. I never did see the Mac hype, but once you really own and use one, hot damn

Had a similar experience. Bought my first Mac somewhere around 06, switched to PC for a few years because muh games, stopped gaming and bought a Macbook Pro just last year. I don't see any reason to go back

"The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items."

I see this occasionally. I suppose it's meant to protect me from myself, but I don't understand how or if I should overcome it. Assuming that this warning can be bypassed and that it's sometimes perfectly okay to do so, how do I do it?

I might add that this came up today when I start preparing for Mac OS Sierra. I noticed an amazing number of CleanmyMac files, and I was going to delete them but, because of this warning, I couldn't.

El Capitan spinning beach ball of death

Recently I've started having massive beachball issues. In most programs, it'll spin for at least 30 seconds. While it's doing this I can't move to another application or even force quit. It has to finish whatever it's doing before it'll register anything. more problematic when streaming apps, and airplay?, forget about it. The audio will keep going but the video is totally frozen until such a time as I turn off airplay. Can't even go full screen when streaming any video from any source or itll freeze up again in the same fashion.

Also, when the lid is closed in hear the fan continue to run. Quite loudly in fact. Any ideas on what to do before going to a Genius?

Root user cant be enabled/disabled

Hello, I am an inexperienced OS X user, and I started searching about user priviliges for a while just in case for security. And when I found out about root user, I started tinkering about my Macbooks unusual activites such as not waking up from sleep, sometimes running fans at full speed at idle, uploading at unnecessary speeds even when no activity going on at my computer, may be about a person who had access to my mac back a while ago that activated root user and accessing my mac remotely since back then.
So I tried disabling that root user, but I couldnt disable it from directory utility screen, nor with the terminal command dsenableroot -d. It just says failed to disable root user. `

I need help about this problem. Thank you

The application "Safari" is not open anymore

I know there are other threads about this but it's a recurrent problem and I haven't see anyone work our why it occurs. I've had the problem previously and restarting has fixed it, but it has recurred. Here's the latest:

I just tried to open Safari and got the message 'The application "Safari" is not open anymore'. Safari didn't open; it didn't appear in the dock.

I opened Force Quit Applications and Safari wasn't in the list.

I opened Activity Monitor and Safari was in the list of active processes (but it showed "0.0" CPU usage) and it wasn't in red, i.e. it appeared as a normal – nor crashed – process. I forced quit Safari in Activity Monitor and it disappeared from the list.

I was then able to open Safari.

As I noted, restarting fixes the issue, but now I know I can fix it as above, I'll use that. However, I've had this problem several times, expect I'll have it again, and wonder if there are enough people seeing it for it to be reported as a bug.

Thanks,

Steve = : ^ )

I still have my Desktop PC for "muh games" but it's quite rare I actually kick into it. I waste far too much time on Cred Forums and reddit for games now.

Though I'm pushing myself to learn some programming too. I'm justifying the cost of this by telling myself I'll learn iOS dev.

I'll be absolutely gutted when this is no longer supported officially (hopefully at least another 5 years!)

Honestly, macOS is more Cred Forums than windows purely due to the ability to use unix software natively.

why does OSX blacklist my wireless access point?

Intermittently, my new mac mini has been unable to connect to my home wifi access point. When I run the diagnostics, I see the following lines:

Thu Aug 25 22:08:46.042 AutoJoin: __matchProfile: Attempting to match network ['blahblahblah' — 40:b7:f3:ea:15:10]

Thu Aug 25 22:08:46.042 AutoJoin: -[CWXPCInterfaceContext __isProfileBlacklisted:]: Network blahblahblah is blacklisted.

Thu Aug 25 22:08:46.042 AutoJoin: __matchProfile: [wifi.ssid.] is blacklisted, next

Why is this happening? Is there another keyword I can search for in the wifi diagnostic logs to determine why my AP is getting blocked? I've got an AT&T UVERSE Motorola NVG589 router [9.1.0h12d34 firmware] with the following configuration:

SSID unhidden
security WPA-PSK
WPA version WPA-2
key is 21 characters
Bandwidth 20MHz
Channel automatic
Power Level 100%
WPS off

Troubleshooting steps so far:

restarting and waiting some undetermined amount of time seems to allow OSX to reconnect to my AP for awhile
I've changed modes to N only and set bandwidth to the only other option of 40MHz with no impact
Moved mac mini from 2 inches to 25 ft from AP, all distances in between still affected

-austinmc

Kernel Panic after two hours

Hello,

I just got my second kernel panic today. Maybe someone can guess what driver/component is the source of that error. Never had such problems with Yosemite.

Anonymous UUID: 40FE9EA8-74A1-5978-399E-9F08918EAFF4

Thu Oct 1 21:35:01 2015

*** Panic Report ***

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80023f102b): "soclose: NOFDREF"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.106/bsd/kern/uipc _socket.c:1263

Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address

0xffffff910de2bd20 : 0xffffff8001ee5357

0xffffff910de2bda0 : 0xffffff80023f102b

0xffffff910de2bdf0 : 0xffffff8002417ef4

0xffffff910de2be10 : 0xffffff7f84fef36c

0xffffff910de2bf00 : 0xffffff8001f196ba

0xffffff910de2bfb0 : 0xffffff8001fd14b7

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall(163.0)[7A675D29-0F65-3B62-ACA5-E34645E16E53]@ 0xffffff7f84fea000->0xffffff7f84ff1fff

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

>"dark mode"
>changes the color of the taskbar
>that's it

still drives me fucking mad

El Capitan crashes on shutdown or restart

Hi All,

I just upgraded to 10.11 from 10.9.latest on MBP 2011 (late).

Everything was working fine until I went to restart the machine. Apple --> Shutdown or Restart would cause an immediate crash. The machine would reboot and report that it was unexpectedly restarted.

Has anyone come across this or solved it?

Thanks,

Ryan

I am sick of Safari not working. I am constantly being asked to update Safari. My computer says I am current with the updates. I always have to get out of Safari and log back in with Firefox anytime I want to click on something on FB

How do I fix Safari? Tired of it. Why doesn't it update with regular updates?

Gees... now I have to select communities and categories.... how about just letting me ask a simple question?

Everything has to be so difficult with Apple.

Terminal opens by itself; strange alert messages

I have an early 2009 Mac Pro tower. It's been running fine under El Capitan, but recently several things happen that I can't explain and wanted to see if others are having issues and how they may have dealt with them. I use the latest update of El Capitan (10.11.6), but the first problem below has been going on since the first El Capitan release.

First off, I cannot simply restart my computer. When I select "Restart" it will not shutdown, ever. I must do it manually by pushing the start button, then restart manually. I read to unplug the computer for 15 min. and it will clear up the problem. It worked one time. If I shutdown and unplug it, it will work again, but only one time. I would have to keep unplugging it every time I shut it down to work the next time I start up.

Also, I often leave my computer on during the night. Lately, seems like since the last El Capitan update, when I first sit down in the morning, I find the terminal open. That is strange because I never open the terminal. I'm scared of the terminal :-) Twice I've found an alert message on the screen when I sit down in the morning to use the computer. I have attached two examples to this note. I'm wondering if someone could help decipher them. If someone is trying to hack my computer, I have no idea what is happening, or how to correct and protect.

>
>Apple only makes about 10 different computers despite being basically the biggest company in the world, so OSX is tweaked by apple for those 10 pieces of hardware, it's very efficient and works very well for that reason. Apple does not try to get their OS to run 500 laptops made by 50 other companies.
>also their hardware is great
>I dual boot windows and OSX, i mainly use windows for work and osx for shitposting
>you have to buy a mac and use it for awhile to appreciate it, it's kind of like the iphone, there's just not 50million bits of hardware trying to be supported so honestly it mainly just werks
>also the trackpad on the macbooks is almost worth buying them over any windows laptop even if you just want to run windows on it, honest
>but it's like asking "whats so great about a high end Mercedes car over my honda? they both get me to the grocery store"
>it's all the little things and the overall quality, not one big thing
>if you just want to check your email, it does not matter, just like if all you want to do is make 4 phone calls a week, what phone you own is irrelevant

wtf Cred Forums

>I'll be absolutely gutted when this is no longer supported officially
What not being supported? Developing iOS apps? I don't think you'll have to worry about that

Since I upgraded my Macbook Air mid-2012, every single action on the Finder lasts about 5 minutes.

If I open a folder, delete a file or anything else, it simply freezes.

The phenomenon occurs just on one session, the others don't have any problem.

I stopped all the extensions interacting with the Finder but there was no improvement.

There is something else I noticed ; in the sidebar list there are hundreds of blank favorites

I thought that could linked to my problem, then I tried to delete them one by one but it takes 5 minutes for each one.

I tried to edit the file com.apple.sidebarlists.plist in my Library to erase all those blank favorites but there was no result.

I finally found out that the sidebar favorites where stored in the com.apple.LSSharedFileList.FavoriteItems.sfl (in this folder : /Libray/Application Support/com.apple.sharedfilelist/ ). I tried to edit this file, or even to simply erase it, but every time the Finder reloads this file is restored and the blank favorites come back.

I forgot to mention that I also reinstalled El Capitan but the problem still remains.

Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem ?

My calendar data disappeared when I installed El Capitan.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Just installed OS X El Capitan, 10.11.6

When the installation was complete I discovered that my calendar data was gone. I tried to import it but couldn't find the calendar files when I started from the import button. Can anybody help me out of this mess? I lost appointments and information that I haven't recorded anywhere else. Thanks.

he means when his hardware is too old to run the newest version of OS X

usually takes about 5 years

Sierra is supported on most machines going back 7 years

EL Capitan: Screen flickering uncontrollably and forces me to reboot

I downloaded and installed El Capitan on my Macbook Pro 13-in, Mid 2012 about a week ago. I have always used multiple desktops and a second monitor to keep my apps separated and to help my productivity stay high. A day or two after upgrading to El Capitan, I noticed that the screen would flicker like crazy and I would be forced to shut down. This usually happened while I was utilizing my second monitor. I decided to reinstall the OS X and I stopped using my second monitor. Even after reinstalling and only using multiple desktops, I have the same issue recur over and over again. The Apps I commonly use when the flickering starts are: Firefox, Logos 6 (Bible software), and Scrivener. Sometimes I also have Evernote, Microsoft Word and Excel 2011 open. But the first three are always open due to the fact that I am writing a book. I never had the flickering issue with Yosemite, Mavericks, etc. Just El Capitan. I want to revert back to Yosemite but I did not have Time Machine running (I know, just stupid). So I feel like I'm stuck with El Capitan.

Is there anything I can do to stop the flickering? Or do I need to wait for Apple to send out an update?

I meant when this MacBook is no longer officially supported and so macOS 10.18 or whatever can't be installed.

But yeah, it should last long enough. It's a great laptop and I really am converted.

Hopefully I can get some apps out there and may be able to learn a bit of side cash.

Exactly this.

I updated to 10.11.6 from the prior version of El Capitan about 6 to 8 weeks ago (when it came out).

Since then, I’ve had problems with Mail, Safari, recognizing a blank CD in the DVD/CD built-in drive, Preview, and with my Word and Excel applications.

Examples of the problems are:

After a restart, it takes about one minute to open Safari and Mail.
Preview – after looking at jpegs, when I try to open more jpegs, I get a message: “The file “name” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view. To view or change permissions, select the item in the finder” I created these jpegs. In order to see the jpegs, I have to close Preview, and reopen.
Word and Excel open in about a minute and a half. Then, it takes 10 to 15 seconds to close a new file. When I click on and hold the Word or Excel icon in the dock., “Force Quit” automatically shows without holding down the option key.
The “beach ball” appears and spins almost every time I back out of a web page in Safari.

Every three days or so, I restart. I still have the problems.

I have opened Activity Monitor in the past month, and it looked ok.

A few minutes ago:

Physical Memory: 16.00 GB

Memory Used: 4.72 GB

Cached File: 3.36 GB

Swap Used: 0 bytes

APP Memory: 3.09 GB

Wired Memory: 1.63 GB

Compressed: 0 bytes

I don’t know what to do. I was thinking I would live with this until the next OS is available later this Fall, but it is trying my patience.

Thanks for your time,

Webhead

Where do mactoddler morons get the false impression they or their fruity toddler toys belong on a technology board?

My Mac Pro is hacked, and this is confirmed by engineers. Because the Mail app and even online ISP mail were not working so good the ISP kicked the hackers out. I found Sparse files on 240 and 480 GB Intel SSD drives in T2 external disk slots: files named 'sparse disk image...' and 'sparse disk bundle...' were appearing in the root of drives. I could easily delete them. But I never put them there. At the same time, Apple Mail app kept resetting ports 993/587 (secure) to ports 143/25 (very insecure). Mail font size 23pt appeared, Font Book listings corrupted, file extensions would not appear or would disappear, etc., etc., etc. The internet connection got bad too, so I called my ISP. ISP found twelve (12) windows computers using various apps on my system. None of the computers were using languages found where I live. Hackers. I also have an Airport with a 2 TB Time Capsule, and it is probably also hijacked. Nothing in my system is encrypted. I just use Firewall, though it gets turned off somehow.

Apple senior advisor suggested I should encrypt my disks. But those sparse files were already there. Indicating someone somewhere on Earth was already encrypting files on my system. The advisor says sparse files are a pretty good indication that its time to get more proactive. So my plan is to use disk utility to wipe my internal OS disk, OS X Extended (Journaled Encrypted). Then install OS X on the EAS-256 bit encrypted disk.

For anyone with Mac encryption experience

1.) Does encrypting and installing OS X to encrypted disk make sense?

2.) How do I wipe all present Airport Time Capsule content, encrypt Time Capsule, and use it with my encrypted system?

3.) How do I encrypt external enclosure disks and use them with encrypted Time Capsule and encrypted internal disk?

4.) How do I manually copy files from encrypted disks (mainly the external SSD disks) to other backup disks that are normally cold (disconnected) for monthly cold backups"

if you don't like safari you can delete safari

"Disk Not Ejected Properly" error after EL Capitan goes to sleep and wakes up again.

Hi, community.

On public launch day, I upgraded my Macs (Mid 2010 MacBook Pro 15", Mid 2012 MacBook Peo 15", Late 2011 MacBook Air and a Mid 2010 Mac Pro) to OS X El Capitan. In general terms, the upgrade process went smooth.

But, I've been presenting an annoying problem:

Each time any of my computers go to sleep, if they have an external hard drive connected to an external USB Hub (unpowered), they present a "Disk Not Ejected Properly" error after they wake up again.

I didn't have any of these issues with Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks nor Yosemite! Only now, when I upgraded to El Capitan, things are getting annoying.

Does any one else present the same issues and, do you have a solution to this problem.

Thanks for reading.

one macbook air connects to wifi network other does not

Hi all,

I'm visiting a friend and we have two laptops, an iPhone and iPad with us. Both iPhone and iPad connected without an issue. The same for newer 13 inch macbook air. The second older macbook air is somehow stuck. I assume the network files are corrupted. Which do I need to delete? I did restart both router and macbook air. I tried a clean profile and still I get an error message... Sometimes it says invalid password or just unknown error. I know the password is correct and since I was doubting my sanity have had multiple people enter or check it.

thanks for the help,

Philly

PS: Both are running newest version of El Capitan

I recently got ahold of a Macbook Pro that was running extremely slow so I did a reinstall of the OS (which was a living nightmare, Macintosh isn't as easy to handle as it was in the PowerPC days) Once I got it up and running, I decided to update to the latest version of El Capitan (an update, not an upgrade I already had a version on there) Once I restarted and let the computer do its thing it started to boot normally but after the progress bar finished it went to a black screen (with the display still on) that flashed the Apple boot logo every so often. I forced shut-off the computer and booted it into safe mode successfully (that's how I'm typing this post now.)

the main reason the current I OS is only supported back to 2009 is because that was when mac switched to 64bit, and the previous bottleneck was when they switched from PowerPC chips to Intel which happened about 5 years before that.

Not sure what major thing will change to cause our current computers to bottleneck, there are rumors that apple will change it's processor again, but something like that will have to happen or our current computers will last probably 8 to 10 years of being on the most current OS IMO

So I've been trying to get this samsung evo 850 500GB to run el capitan but it hasn't worked.

I tried everything from internet recovery to downloading the OS from the app store.

The problem I am facing is that I installed the OS while it's attached by USB, I even got it to boot from the USB drive and everything is ok.

When I installed the SSD into the internal bay (took out the old HD), it just won't boot into the system.

I can see the SSD from the drive selection, the apple screen will show and will boot, but before it finishes it slows down at the end and stays there for roughly 10 minutes and freezes and gives me that caller warning screen.

But when I take the SSD and put it in the external drive and boot from USB it works fine.

I read that the internal SATA cable might be the problem but I don't want to go there, because I don't live in the states so shipping a cable will take ~1+ week so...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong... Help

Mid-2012 Macbook Pro 13" non retina.

El Capitan 10.11.4

Upgraded to 10.11.6 - now monitors don't work

We are running El Capitan on a Mac Pro (desktop not laptop) with AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics card.

It was displaying well on a Dell monitor. It stopped working around when we updated to 10.11.6.

We have tried connecting to different monitors and the TV. We have tried HDMI to HDMI on a Samsung, HDMI to HDMI to a Dell U2711, Thunderbolt to Display Port on a Dell U2715H, and Thunderbolt to Mini Display Port on a U2715H. In all these combinations no picture appears on the monitors/TVs and they say no signal is received.

We have tried resetting the PRAM and the SMC on the Mac. (in that order)

We can remote desktop the Mac Pro, so we know it is still working fine. On the top menu, if you try to see what display it is using, we see a greyed out "Connected Projector: Unknown Display". We don't have a projector.

It will play to our Apple TV. But we would like it to display to a normal monitor.

Any suggestions?

10.11.6 from bad to worse - El Capitan is a mountain of problems

I know El Capitan is a mountain, but I had no idea it was a mountain full of problems.

What was released by Apple as a version for "performance enhancements and bug fixes" has turned into the exact opposite and with each new version the problems just get worse.

10.11.6 was released yesterday and now for the first time EVER this morning when I woke my Macbook from its sleep it had completely frozen and would not allow me to log back in, just had a sticky mouse cursor and the horrid spinning beach ball.

Of course had no choice but to force a shutdown and restart .... had my Macbook for 19 months, never had one freeze of any sort so the proof in the pudding is that a new bug has been introduced in yesterdays 10.11.6 release of El Capitan.

Not only does El Capitan NOT live up to its promises of being faster and better than Mavericks or Yosemite but it is more buggy than any OSX I have used yet. They have done very little in the way of actually improving anything and instead keep sneaking new features in which nobody wants or needs.

I really need to now consider going all the way back to Mavericks because it was fast and snappy as any Apple OS should be but Yosemite slowed things down and El Capitan even more, nobody can honestly sit back and defend El Capitan as being solid and fast without first going back to one of the older OS versions and seeing the difference.

I absolutely will have to stay away from the new Sierra if the last 2 versions of OSX are anything to judge by. Sad that Apple has very much lost its way.

you should have just let it do its thing

Apparently the macOS dropping support doesn't have extremely strong cases though.

Some that have been dropped have similar technology to some that are still supported. So it looks like this one has been a case of "because we can".

But it'll be long enough.

I think it's going to be a long long time before they could attempt to switch the processor to ARM (assuming that that is the grand plan).

MacPro Early 2008 upgrade to El Captain Keyboard and Mouse not working

Hi,

I've just upgraded my old MacPro Early 2008 to El Captain, via a fresh download from the apps store, and installed onto a clean (just formatted) drive, (machine has been running 10.6.8 on another drive)

Straight from the first boot the mouse (apple wireless mouse) took a while to get recognised, however picked it up and allowed me to complete the installation right up to where migration started where by I select my old drive and copied my user data across, it completed this step and then re-started. However from this point on I now no longer have a mouse or keyboard.

the Apple Extended (USB) keyboard doesn't show any sign of life (no caps lock, nothing) and the wireless mouse won't connect. I have tried multiple USB port on the machine, and all the same, I can plug in an old wired apple mouse the the red LED comes on, but no response otherwise.

I can access the machine through VNC, and finish booting, operate through this slave machine fine.

I have tried Recovery boot in 10.11 and no change,

Reboot in on the 10.6 hard drive and all works as normal, so this confirms it's not hardware. Have also done SMC and NVRAM reset, no change.

Along with creating new user, and trying to boot this, also no change.

Once booted and VNC'ed in I notice in system profiler that it's not showing a Bluetooth Card, and it is showing it's connected to the right keyboard, and even pick's up that I've got the old apple mouse connected, so it appears the USB is working, just not talking to the system. But my feeling is this issue is probably with the bluetooth, causing something to hang.

As such I have also gone through and deleted any old Preference files in relation to Bluetooth, but like wise hasn't made any difference.

Any suggestions?

Cannot delete from applications folder

Having a problem deleting any app from the Applications folder. I'm using El Capitan 10.11.6.

If I try and drag any application to trash or Command-delete, I get the message "The item 'whatever' can't be moved to the Trash because some of its extensions are in use".

I can delete if I use Option-Command-Delete and enter my password.

So far I've tried:

Restarting

First aid in Disk Utility

Same but from recovery mode

Repairing permissions through terminal

Checked that the app doesn't actually have any processes running

Opened app contents and deleted plugins.

Any ideas?

iTunes 12.5.1 won't open on ElCapitan as of 9/16/16. Can't even use escape function to get control of computer. I get the spinning beach ball and computer just freezes. I need to use to start button to shut down the computer.

I tried starting the computer in safe mode and the problem is there even in safe mode.

I also tried using disk utility and it indicated no problems with the disk.

Please support this thread guys.

How do I get rid of Safe finder malware on my safari browser?

Safe finder has taken over my browser search engine; clicking on the "Safe finder' logo only invites me to download more malware. How do I get rid of this.

Frequent beachballing, apps crashing, system crashing

Also, OS seems to "forget" which app should be used to open a MS Office document, using Preview or Text edit instead. Etre Check report:

EtreCheck version: 3.0.3 (307)

Report generated 2016-09-17 11:48:45

Runtime 2:00

Performance: Excellent

Description:

beachballing, apps crashing

Hardware Information:

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

[Technical Specifications] - [User Guide] - [Warranty & Service]

iMac - model: iMac14,2

1 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5 CPU: 4-core

8 GB RAM Upgradeable - [Instructions]

BANK 0/DIMM0

4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz ok

BANK 1/DIMM0

4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz ok

BANK 0/DIMM1

Empty

BANK 1/DIMM1

Empty

Bluetooth: Good - Handoff/Airdrop2 supported

Wireless: Unknown

Video Information:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M - VRAM: 2048 MB

iMac 2560 x 1440

System Software:

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1004) - Time since boot: less than an hour

Recently, my computer has been having connectivity issues with the internet unless it is in very close proximity to the wifi router and even then it is slow. The strange part is, this is ONLY with apple programs: iTunes, Safari, App Store, Mail, FaceTime... All other browsers and programs work fine regardless of proximity: Chrome, Adobe, Hangouts...

Sometimes if I disconnect from the internet for a minute then reconnect it works, but only for a short time.

I have scoured these archives looking for the answer and am still at a loss. Here is what I have tried:

Updated to OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Cleared out all caches, cookies and histories, then restarted

Uninstalled and reinstalled the affected apple programs

Turned off security software that maybe affecting the connections

Made sure all proxies are clear and Auto Proxies are off

Has anyone else been having these issues? Or more importantly does anyone know how to fix it? Any insight is appreciated, thank you!

after installing the last updt FCPX does not recognize camera input

If you think El Cap is bad you will hate Sierra. I like El Cap, it's worse than Mavericks but better than Yosemite [and the last OS my Mac will run]. Sierra just feels shitty.

I am unable to use system preferences for one user only

I have run disk utility, in safe mode as well as well as used /bin/fsck -fy

All my systems programs are up to date, with nothing left to update in Apple store.

Still the same problem

I have had this issue for a few days and this morning browsers also froze..By running above and creating a new identity the main identity is now back to just system preferences issue.

Any way of troubleshooting?

many thanks,

Andrew

Screen goes black randomly- OS X Yosemite on 2015 Mac Book Pro

I just purchased at 2015 13" Mac Pro a little over 3 weeks ago. I'm running OS X Yosemite that is fully update as of yesterday. About 4 times in the past week, the screen has randomly gone black AND the trackpad seems to be "disabled." When i click on the trackpad I feel nothing! I hear no clicking noise and don't even FEEL like I'm clicking. After about 20 seconds the screen comes back and the trackpad works normally again. This is very weird and I feel extremely annoyed. If this happened within the first 2 weeks of purchase I would have just returned this machine.

Can someone please enlighten me as to why this is happening and what I can do about it. Is this a known issue/bug of OS X Yosemite? I have read other forums and answers on issues similar to this but I am still confused as to the reason and fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>MAC OS still kind of looks like a computer.

Damn...

Might have to get one.

I used to like Cred Forums but you've gotten so up your own asses about what is "legit Cred Forums" that it chokes out all other forms of any discusison.

You want so many topics banned it's utterly retarded. I never thought I'd see the day that Cred Forums users wanted a goddamn safe space.

MacMail freezes with black horizontal line

When I open a message in Mac Mail, the screen freezes without a menu bar and a 1 inch horizontal black line covers the message. I had to force a shutdown. When I rebooted/restarted Mail, the same email was still open and froze the screen again, so I had to reboot again. I am running Yosemite 10.10.5 on a 15-inch MacBook Pro from Mid 2010 with a Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz processor and 4GB of memory. Any ideas on what to do?

i dont like the new animation

My Macbook(2010) won't boot into OSX. It will boot normally into my bootcamp partition of windows, but when I try to boot osx it crashes about halfway. i have booted to disk utility and tried to repair the disk but it says it is unable to repair. What should I do? Do I have any other option beside re-installing osx? How would I do that?

My mac is only starting in safe mode and is not starting in normal mode. What should I do now?

Help me out.

Ever since I upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite my Yahoo mail account via Mac-Mail has failed to work - cannot send/receive anything.

This saga started a couple of weeks ago when I decided to upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite. Upgrade went smoothly however my Yahoo mail accounts failed to connect. My Gmail, Outlook, and iCloud accounts all work. My Yahoo account works just fine on my iPhone and iPad, and of course via Web (Safari/Firefox). After trolling through the internet on this I found very few clues for Yahoo mail issues directly linked to Yosemite.

I've deleted the accounts and re-added them (several times). There are two ways email accounts can be added - via Internet Accounts from the System Preferences and also from the Mail application itself. From the Mail application you can also verify the detailed settings of each of the mail accounts. I've checked, double-checked and nothing worked. The following are a sample of the errors I've been receiving:

Mail couldn't log in to the Mail server “Unknown”.

Notes couldn't log in to the IMAP server “Unknown”.

Mail couldn't discover the account settings for the Mail server “Unknown”.

Unable to verify account name or password.

Mail can't connect to the Yahoo! account - Enterpassword for xxx.

There was a problem setting up the Mail account - Mail couldn't discover the account settings for the Mail server

I am constantly prompted to enter my password. I've checked my settings over and over - the detailed mail account settings via Mail--> Preferences. MyYahoo Contacts, Calendars, Message and Reminders all appear to connect just fine by Mail never does.

After all of this I decided to perform a clean install of Yosemite - so I did and . . . no change . . . Yahoo! mail problem persists.

Not sure what else to try. I am wide open to any ideas or suggestions

>downloading the update for nearly 2 hours
>now get an error
A P P L E

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!

still a beta for all intents and purposes. will be based when it's ready. hope they open source it.

Ich möchte E-Mail von POP3 nach IMAP ändern. Yosemite lässt keinen Zugriff auf Serverdaten zu.

Ich möchte einen bestehenden E-Mail-Account von POP 3 auf IMAP ändern, wegen des Austausches mit Iphone etc. Ich habe schon den Account gelöscht und sogar in der Library die E-Mail Daten. Nach Öffnen des E-Mail-Programms und Eingabe von E-Mail account-Name und Passwort ist der Account fertig eingerichtet und wie vorher der POP-Server benutzt. Wenn ich zunächst einen Fake-Namen eingebe, kann ich den IMAP-Server wählen, aber nicht mehr den Fake-Namen ändern. Der Provider sagt, er könne nichts machen, es läge am Mac-Programm

>can't even retry downloading the update
A P P L E
P
P
L
E

Xcode update stuck at waiting

I'm trying to update to Xcode 7.1. But this what I get. :(

I tried restarting the system. No use.

I checked in Console. And, I can see a lot of these:

22/10/15 09:42:31.000 kernel[0]: Sandbox: storeaccountd(2111) deny(1) file-write-create /Users/saneef/Library/Caches/com.apple.spotlight

clean install or upgrade?

Spinning Beach Ball of DEATH

Constantly getting sbd at all times after 5 mins from fresh boot. Mac becomes unresponsive. Only hard power button reset works.

No Cpu intensive programs are running, no spikes in activity monitor.

Hard drives both checked ok in disk utility, all hardware passed apple hardware test (hold D) on boot.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

MBP mid 2012

i7 2.9

16gb ram

120gb samsung ssd (os & programs)

1tb hdd (all other data)

iMessage will receive but not send on my macbook

help,

this was working fine till i had to reset my apple id passwords and emails. i read another thread suggesting i delete file:///Users/Library/Preferences/com.apple.ids.service.com.apple.madrid.plist. did that restarted the app and it still will only receive and not send texts.

Apple Maps Address and Driving Directions Continued Incorrect Information After Four Years

The map address and driving directions in IOS devices continues to be incorrect in Apple Maps for 369 12 3/4 Ave., Almena, WI 54805. We have submitted over 15 requests over the past 4 years to have this corrected and submitted both geocoded photos with address information as well as Barron County, WI property and survey GIS records information showing the correct address but this remains inaccurate. On an IOS device if you enter the address 369 12 3/4 Ave., Almena, WI 54805 the map will take you to the correct location on the map but the map denotes an address of 369 12 3/4 Ave., Turtle Lake, WI 54889. And if you do driving directions to 369 12 3/4 Ave., Almena, WI 54805 the map will incorrectly identify take you to a location 369 S 4th Ave., Alpena, MI 49707, 500 miles away.

is ios 10 compatible with yosemite?

Basically, are there caveats to upgrading the iPhone to iOS 10 and running Yosemite on a MacBook? For example, will I have problems with Messages, Numbers, Pages, Mail, etc. I haven't enabled the special Notes features because Yosemite doesn't support them.

To preempt a question, I haven't updated to El Capitan yet because I want to do a clean install and that takes some careful planning. Thanks!

fuck off

Cant change Apple ID mobile number since I moved from India

I can't seem to change the mobile number for notifications in my Apple/iCloud account, it displays my former indian number but I've moved from india and Iam in Tanzania now. It asked me security questions that i don't even remember......

I can't even set up iCloud keychain...

Help, can't set it up on my Mac, iPhone or iPad

Got a malware on OS X Yosemite, how do I get rid of it?

I have some kind of malware present on my MacBook Pro, mid 2014 with OS X Yosemite Version 10.10, from trying to download a "flash player". I get full page pop-up ads for "mackeeper" and the like nearly every time I click on a link, have annoying ads on pages that I know weren't there before I downloaded this "program", and am now seeing other pop-up ads. As soon as I downloaded this program, my search engine changed to "Conduit", if this info helps.What can I do to get rid of this?

>fuck off

iMac boots to desktop then immediately hangs on Beach Ball of Dead

Thank you for taking a look at my question.

When I boot up my iMac, everything starts up fine at first - it goes right to the desktop, the mouse moves around, and, if I'm fast, I can even click on 1 maybe 2 things before the computer completely locks up on the spinning color wheel of death. I can still move the wheel around on the screen without any latency, but I can't actually do anything. Typing on the keyboard does nothing, though the caps lock key does light up. Booting in safe mode produces exactly the same results, except that it asks me to log in first.

Something must be starting that I need to get rid of, though I don't install much of anything on this computer and rarely make changes (it is a demo machine that lives in a small computer lab I manage, off network). I never had any issues with it, then, one day, this problem began. Maybe I ran an OS update and that caused it to crash?

I'm very familiar with troubleshooting a Windows computer, but Macs don't really offer many intuitive troubleshooting options, IMO. This seems like a fairly simple issue to reslolve, but my searches online haven't produced any results - people seem to suggest safe mode and command line solutions, but safe mode doesn't change anything and I obviously can't open a command line to type anything.

The iMac was purchased around 2010 and I'm 99% sure it has Yosemite installed, but unfortunately I have no way of being able to check at the moment.

Any assistance very welcome, thank you!

After sleep, unable to log in, some character auto typed by system, tried never sleep, but not working?

After migrating from Yosemite, I am unable to login after IMac has gone to sleep, have to do hard boot up, I have ticked for HD never to sleep, but not able to resolve? Was working perfectly before update to El Captain.

Change it to fn + space

Contacts slows to a crawl when creating or editing after upgrading to Yosemite from Mavericks

Upgraded (3) days ago from Mavericks 10.9.5 to Yosemite 10.10.5. Today, trying to create or edit contacts is excruciatingly slow.

N.B.: I do NOT store my Contacts in iCloud. All contacts are stored on my mid-2010 17" MacBook Pro. I do NOT use iCloud Drive.

Apple installer Consumes All memory

Apple installer starts running for some unknown reason. Uses all the memory, Crashes Mac, Two work arounds 1, Mechanically disconnect internet, 2) Quit installer in Activity Monitor. Both work provided I catch it before installer eats up all the memory.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Preparing to delete trash keeps going

I tried to back up my hard drive, (running Yosemite) using Super Duper. It said it could not back up because something in the trash wouldn't go. I had earlier removed a virus threat and thought perhaps it hadn't been deleted. I tried a secure delete and it keeps preparing to empty and at the moment says there are 2.5 MILLION items and rising. What do I do!! Thanks.

Black screen iMac ( 27inch - mid 2011)

Hi guys

my scree has just gone black tonight...

strange is that my dell monitor connected to the iMac is working...

strange as i have just put some music on a friends iPod tonight and this has happened

im not sure what I'm looking at with this etrecheck

but i do see a lot of red bits so that doesn't seem to be a good thing..

any ideas guys...

thanks andy..

EtreCheck version: 2.1.8 (121)

Report generated 9 March 2015 20:40:15 GMT

Download EtreCheck from etresoft.com/etrecheck

Click the [Click for support] links for help with non-Apple products.

Click the [Click for details] links for more information about that line.

Hardware Information:

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) (Technical Specifications)

iMac - model: iMac11,1

1 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5 CPU: 4-core

16 GB RAM Upgradeable

BANK 0/DIMM0

4 GB DDR3 1067 MHz ok

BANK 1/DIMM0

4 GB DDR3 1067 MHz ok

BANK 0/DIMM1

4 GB DDR3 1067 MHz ok

BANK 1/DIMM1

4 GB DDR3 1067 MHz ok

Bluetooth: Old - Handoff/Airdrop2 not supported

Wireless: en1: 802.11 a/b/g/n

fuck off

have to restart every day to access internet

Every day for the past 4 days I have had to restart my Imac before I can access the internet, get my mail etc. Once I do everything works fine. I am running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5. I have my Wifi router (ATT) at the top of my wifi preference list. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

>Boots faster,
No,no,no,no,no,no. All of my Linux machines are much faster than my iMac with El Crappytaint.

Mail crashes many times per day

Two questions.

1. Mail crashes 5-10 times per day. Two things I have noticed is: my junk mail will not empty and most of the junk mail is my gmail account. I cannot clear my junk mail folder and it always reverts to the unread condition, with the blue dot in front. Many of the emails are from one server which brings me to the next question.

2 How can I block an entire server?

Ah you're back and as upset as ever. Nice to see some consistency on this board.

>xcode are objectively superior though because they're developed by Stanford Computer Science grads

You've clearly never used Xcode.

Disappearing email on my Mac & Devices

Mail sent to my @me.com account disappear before I can read them. Not visible on my macbook pro, as well as my iphone, ipad or online Get the notification and then they've disappeared by the time I go to email.

Error code 36 Please Help!

I am using an iMac with OS X Yosemite.

I am experiencing the error code 36 when trying to copy files from my external USB hard drive to any other drive... it could be my internal system drive, another external hard drive, or a USB thumb drive.

The hard drive I'm experiencing the problems on was originally an NTFS formatted drive on my old windows computer and it started experiencing a similar issue on that PC.

I then decided to format the drive to be mac journaled and keep it plugged into my iMac. Now even after the formatting it and copying all my files onto the drive I am getting the error code 36 when trying to copy files or folders to any other drive...

I've tried the dot_clean "fix" and it did nothing.

Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Imac display issues following Yosemite upgrade

Since upgrade to Yosemite my iMac has a very 'glitchy' display... Pixels flashing all over the screen, strange pixels following the mouse etc..

When I boot into safe mode the issue is gone so I assume that it rules out a graphics card issue. I've had a read over other posts and someone suggested to run a script to determine what is causing the error. I've done this but do know know how to decipher the output.

Link to older post with same issue and suggested script etc: discussions.apple.com/message/30603036#30603036

I've ran the script that Linc so kindly posted above and will post the results below:

pastebin.com/embed_iframe/R5ATQcz1

I wondered if anyone can see what this issue is and suggest how I can get back up and running again.

Any help would be great.

Many thanks,

Sierra runs better than El Capitan if Siri isn't enabled

try a hackintosh build. macos/osx is pretty comfy overall

poo poo in the loo

>fagOS
>comfy

why does macos suck?

I have to say Photos is bretty cool in Sierra.
Actually makes me want to go out and photograph more

So mac users can identify with it.

When I select "Sleep" from the Apple menu my Mac sleeps only for approx. 8 seconds and immediately "wakes up". Why?

When I select "Sleep" from the Apple menu my Mac sleeps only for approx. 8 seconds and immediately "wakes up". Why doesn't it stay asleep?

Yosemite on SSD wont boot and wont go in safe or recovery mode

Two days ago I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Yosemite.

The Problem: Today, My MacBook Pro won”t boot the OS. I have my OS on an SSD with a trim enabler. I”ve tried to boot in the safe mode, recovery mode - wont work. Made an USB drive with Mavericks and tried to do a fresh install on the SSD - can”t do it ! After I select the USB drive at the start, the sistem is loading for 30 seconds - 1 minute, and after that I get a blue screen !!! Today I was able to boot the SSD after presing option button at the start, but that happend only once. After that - no luck.

Any ideas on what should I do?

PS. At one moment before this happend I got my desktop all pixeleted, like it was an graphic card fault, I”ve restarted the MacBook and all this „fun” started? Any ideas?

Trackpad and magic mouse gestures stopped working - OS X Yosemite

I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro (early 2011) and currently running Yosemite 10.10.5.

I updated to Yosemite on release day and everything has been working fine under last night. I noticed that all my multi-finger gestures on my Magic Mouse were not working all of a sudden. I first picked up the problem while trying to switch between desktop screens using the two-finger left / right swipe. I then noticed that the two-finger tap to access Mission Control also wasn't working. Very quickly I discovered that none of the gestures were working, and the only thing I could do with my Magic Mouse was left and right tap, and one finger scrolling.

I thought the problem was isolated to my Magic Mouse or Bluetooth, but the gestures available to me on the built in trackpad also don't work. My Launchpad button on Dock was also disabled, as were the Launchpad and Mission Control buttons on my keyboard.

What wasn't working

All multi finger gestures (even two-finger gestures) on Magic Mouse
All multi finger gestures on built in trackpad
Launchpad button on Dock disabled
Launchpad and Mission control buttons on keyboard didn't respond

I've tried the following fixes recommended from other users and forums:

1. Reboot Mac -

2. Reset Dock (terminal command killall Dock and via Activity Monitor) - Fixed the Launchpad and Mission Control problem

3. Reset PRAM (Option + CMD + P + R at startup) - didn't work

4. Closing the lid / placing MacBook Pro on Sleep mode for 5 - 10 seconds - didn't work

Only peculiar thing I noticed after the initial restart was that when I tried to switch desktop screens using the two-finger left/right swipe gesture on the mouse or 3-finger on trackpad, it would appear to activate the feature, but freeze as soon as the screen started to slide across to the desktop from the right. It would then move an inch or so across again after a few minutes.

Phil

I have a MacBook Air (6,2) that is currently running 10.10.2. When I first got the Mac it was running Mavericks and I didn't experience any problems with it. Since I've updated to Yosemite however, I often have problems with newly saved files not appearing in Finder windows.

That is, when I using an app such as word or outlook, powerpoint, etc and I save a new file somewhere on my internal SSD, when I browse to the save location the file simply isn't visible. It doesn't matter if I change the view from list view to icon view, the newly saved file simply doesn't show up. At that point if I open the app that reads the missing file (for example Microsoft Word), and then choose 'File' > 'Open' and navigate to the saved location, Word can see the file and allow me to open it, however it's still not visible in the Finder window.

This problem doesn't happen every time I save a new file, but it happens enough that it's become an annoyance. It happens with all sorts of files too, not just Microsoft Office files. For instance if I use Grab to save a screen capture, the saved .tif file sometimes won't show up in the Finder window where it was saved. If I close the Finder window and reopen it and navigate back to the save location the file does not appear. However eventually the newly saved file does appear in the Finder window after some undefined period of time (however I haven't been able to figure out what causes it to appear, i.e. reboot, logout, etc).

When I save a file to a location and it doesn't appear in the Finder, all I can do at that point is to re-save the file but to a different save location and hope that I can see it in the alternative save location.

I've done some searching and saw other people have reported problems with viewing files in Yosemite, but there's were related to Dropbox, or only occurred in icon view, or their files disappeared from Finder during their Yosemite upgrade, so this problem seems a little different.

>not occasionally getting transported back to when you were 7 or so when you used to play mindmaze obsessively because you had no internet connection

>MacBook Air (6,2)
just reformat and do a clean install TBQH

You have wake on wifi or wake on lan enabled and something on your network is pinging it. Or you have powernap enabled and it is trying to do a backup or something

No way. I fucking love Command+Space. Easier to activate when hand is on trackpad too

No sound after Security update 2016-004.

I installed Security Update 2016-004 this morning after checking for updates. Everything went well, including the reboot.

After the system came back, I noticed the speaker icon on the title bar was greyed out and no sound comes out of the speakers. The headphone jack, however, does output sound.

System preferences says "Digital output" which apparently my MBP 17" Late 2011 on Yosemite 10.10.5 does not have.

Can somebody please help?

Thanks!

Fernando

HI - I am using MacBook Pro Retina, early 2015, with OS X Yosemite.

The computer keeps freezing, in the middle of a power point, or film , for example - it doesn't respond at all, not even beach balling. I am obliged to switch it off completely manually and restart each time. What should I do ?

fn + space is comfy as fuck, if only Siri was actually useful

>googling, copying and posting random forum posts from around the internet

are you autistic? holy shit

your computer is still relatively new. RMA it while you still can. they may even give you a 2016 to replace it.

Page occupying my MacBook Air won't go away. Instructs me to call for Online Support for MAC. Virus? How do I get rid of it?

Page I access through Safari won't go away. Instructs me to call a phone number for ""Online Support for MAC."" Virus? How do I get rid of it? Can't use Safari at all.

We updated yosemite 10.10.5 with latest security update (from Sept 1, 2016). Wifi is now constantly disconnecting. Is anyone else seeing this?

We updated yosemite 10.10.5 with latest security update (from Sept 1, 2016). Wifi is now constantly disconnecting. Is anyone else seeing this?

FINDER WINDOWS DON'T SHOW CONTENTS. NEED TO KEEP "FORCING QUIT" AND RELAUNCH FINDER. ON MACBOOK PRO RETINA 15", PROCESSOR 2.6 GHz Core 17. Memory 16GB 1600 Mhz DDr3 WITH OS 10.9.5, It does it almost everytime I open a new Finder Window. All other applicatons shut. I just upgraded to 10.9.5, but it was doing before the upgrade and this one didn't fix it.

Urgent help needed please!

This. Xcode is a steaming pile of shit with bugs that have been around for a long time

Giant black bars on Safari browsing.
Youtube on Safari sometimes freezes the trackpad and keyboard on my rMBP13 Haswell, requiring a hard restart.
UI Lags and Stutters 2x more.

That's it so far in 6 hours of usage.

Pls help to get rid of warning: "DictationIM quit unexpectacly

Yo semite

APPLE PLEASE

why is this guy so mad

he had to use mac os x in school and hasn't used it since

>which was a living nightmare,
It's comments like this that rob posts of any credibility.

>So I've been trying to get this samsung evo 850 500GB to run el capitan but it hasn't worked.
Hard drives, whether SSD or otherwise, run a very limited set of software and will not run a Mac operating system. You need a computer to do that.

Xcode cancels Archive build without reason

I have a project in Xcode for an iOS application. The build is often cancelled by xcode with no explanation and no hint in the logs as to why.

The logs show as green and it just says Build Stopped - No Issues. Searching the expanded transcripts shows no errors that I can see.

So far I have tried:

Cleaning the project (CMD+SHIFT+K)

Cleaning the build folder of the project (CMD+SHIFT+OPT+K)

Manually deleting the contents of the derived data folder

Restart Xcode

Reboot machine

All of the above has been tried MANY times but it always just cancels. What could cause this?

The only moderately unusual thing about the project is that it's in a workspace and uses cocoapods (but lots of people do this, so I don't think that can be the reason).

Please help!

The application "Xcode" can't be opened.

I can not run Xcode 7.0.1 on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013, 4GB of RAM, 128GB SSD, 20+GB of free space, OSX 10.10.5). I downloaded the DMG file from developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/Developer_Tools/Xcode _7.0.1/Xcode_7.0.1.dmg and run it on my Mac mini (Late 2012, 16GB of RAM, 1TB HDD, 200+GB of free space, OSX 10.10.5), but can not run it on my MacBook. There is no error code or whatsoever, except the phrase "The application "Xcode" can't be opened.". Xcode 6.0.1 runs perfectly on my MacBook.

Any thoughts?

how to make the sierra siri sound like iPhone siri. Siri in mac sounds more robotic and primitive?

i don't hate trump or muslims but damn would i love to see the shitwave this would cause
if only just for a reason to cook popcorn and watch cnn

based trump

Yikes, sounds like a garbage fire. Been wanting to finally upgrade from 10.10.2 on my Hackintosh but sounds like I should (like EVERY major point release from Apple) wait a couple weeks until they get some fixes out. Yikes.

you're the reason mac users are fags. use a fucking search engine and figure it out yourself

>The real meme is matlab/mathematica.
>I'm a retarded fuck who doesn't know about Matlab capabilities for realtime signal processing.
Welp

step 1
open terminal
step 2
sudo gay

Not at all. It is El Capitan with everything working properly.

Loving it so far.

You want your computer/phone listiening to you 24/7?

Fuck you NSA.

Delete system32

Dunno how you fucked up, but hopefully you did a time machine back up?

Restore - download Sierra again and then do a fresh install.