4K VS 1080P

ANY 4K GAYMERS?

IS 4K GAYMING NOTICABLY BETTER THAN 1080P?

SHOULD I BECOME A 4K GAYMER?

yes, everything looks better on 4K, except 80% of software icons

Yes, it is very noticeable you cannot say it doesn't look better.. However you are sacrificing the fluidity and responsiveness of 144hz. I would rather have 1440p at 144hz than 4k at 60. I have 3 monitors one 4k60hz one 1440p 60hz and one 1080p freesync 144hz. Guess which one i game on.

1080P 144hz?

is that the one you game on?

human eye can't see past 1080p
pointless placebo

Its certainly nicer

Its almost certainly not better. Not right now.

Yes. It's really preference. If you value picture quality richness more than responsiveness and fluid motion your choice is made. Interpolated movies at 4k looks really nice.

I'm not even gonna talk about your hardware trying to run 4k at 60fps cause that shit wont happen it will dip randomly all over the place. These 4k benchmarks are full of shit.

this
literally waste of money

The funny part is this meme is misunderstood.
depending on distance and monitor size in some scenarios you can't see a noticeable difference between the two resolutions.. For your average pc user sitting 2-4 feet from their monitor the difference is very noticeable.

no
it's placebo in any situation

No, it's not. this basically. It also depends on your screen size.

Its extremely nice on a really big screen (50" and beyond) aka on a gaming TV. Its pretty much like 2d VR, its beyond Ultra Wide at least. 144hz is nice if youre autistic.

If you want to play with screen delay then use a 4k screen and its native resolution.
I own a gtx 980 ti and i still play most games on 1280x1024 on a 1080p 144hz monitor.

Can't afford 4k
Calls it a placebo

Why didn't you greentext it?

It is a placebo depending on size of display and the distance you sit.

Troll or not, I have a 4k sitting right next to a 1080p as a 2nd screen, 1080p looks blurry as fuck compared to the 4k
>Stay poor

eugh. not brilliant there im afraid.
I agree with the 144hz but you need gsnc and 2560x1440.
My other 2 screens are 1920x1080 and they look terrible next to the 1440 one

>gsync

good goy

good goyim

NO THERE ARE NO 4K GAYMERS

NOW KILL YOURSELF YOU SPERG

poorfag.
What brand monitors do you have? or list the product numbers. Also what gpu/cpu are you running them off

use freesync

>being amdrone
eww

so you wont say. That means you got cheap shit.
Did you get that shitty "4k" korean shit off ebay

>freesync
>royalty-free open standard
>gsync
>proprietary, only sold by nvidia

Oy vey

Dodging posting his pc specs & what monitors he has as he has bought a pile of fucking dogshit.
Cunts like you post all this "jew" bollocks, you realise 75% of the stuff your mummy and daddy bought you is bought from Jewish owned businesses

>unironically being freetard
disgusting

its pretty badass, feels cozy and immersive.

mostly AAA games with decent textures are the best for showing off. Like playing GTA V, WoW/FFXiV, or CoD BO3 really feels like a different experience compared to 1080p.

Like in 1080p you always notice pixels and it just kills immersion at times no matter how cool the environment. Overwatch looks pretty good as well. I usually dont settle for AAA games but these are just examples I plan to buy battlefield 4 soon and try that out.

I wouldnt reccomend 4k gaming too much unless you know what youre getting into.

4k monitors only go to 60hz, its a great experience but it must be at 60fps stable anything lower kinda kills the atmosphere but is generally playable.

I used to play at 144hz 1080p it was pretty badass I enjoyed it alot.

The big issue however is a few things

Monitors havent caught up and limit is 4k 60hz atm and probably for quite a while. If you are going to go 4k you better get a good cpu, and decent amount of ram, expect to spent alot on gpus.

nvidia is doing great in advancing gpus but advancements in monitors are usually for lower resolutions currently, you could try the lower resolution one that goes 180 hz I think it should be best of both worlds.

In short you are better off playing at something between 1080p-4k with a high hz monitor. The gpus out now are really powerful but monitors havent advanced enough to catch up really. 4k components cost alot of money overall.

4K is a buzzword that the industry invented to cash in on peoples stupidity. Just like VR. 1080p is literally all you need. Unless you sit REALLY close to the monitor you won't need a difference between 4K and 1080p.

4k is just a marketing strategy ill agree with that however there are very noticeable differences when you crank all the high-ultra settings up at 4k its really awesome you would have to see it in person.

In practical terms given the little money most Cred Forums users make its better for them to go 1080p for budget purposes.

VR is a complete gimmick and Im glad its dieing but I enjoy my pc build its not for everyone.

If you have the spare time and resources to invest in 4k or 144 hz or any of that bullshit, you're better off putting that effort instead into buying and installing aftermarket air or liquid cooling and minimizing your temps. After that you can learn up on how to write your own shaders for your games. E.g. how skyrim + bunch of games have ENB project, etc.

That's what I'll be aiming for in the near future, anyway.

1440p is best

Got a UHD 24" display. Haven't done any gaming but my text got noticeably crisper. If you actually need a new monitor and have good vision I think a high PPI monitor is worth spending extra for. Besides if my computer can't game at UHD I can just scale up from 1080.

I'd recommend 1440x3440 at 100hz.

1440p/120~144hz is the ideal gaming experience right now. Once 2160p/120hz+ displays are out I'll look into upgrading GPUs to whatever is out at the time but for now... two 980 Ti's handles everything just fine at 1440p.

>when you're a salty poorfag that can't afford something so you call it a placebo

probably the same type of autist that says 144hz is a meme

but it is
human eye doesn't see difference with FPS higher than 60

No, user. The human eye doesn't see more than 24FPS. You fucking idiot.

s-sorry user

Cred Forums is dead

No its worse it makes everything smaller and its hard to find things on my desktop

I use a 40" 4k monitor. At this point it does make a difference. I find it a delightful experience. Games just feel so immersive and when working you have so much screen real estate. You can have project specs, ide or text editor, terminal, language docs all open at the same time. I prefer it to switching work spaces but that's just my preference.

Millennials are getting more lazy.

idk