Tfw you fell for the 2560x1440 meme

>tfw you fell for the 2560x1440 meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qDdBcwvl8eA
store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-z27q-27-inch-ips-5k-display-(energy-star)
ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-J3G14A8-ABA-Z27q-27-inch-IPS-5K-Display-27-in-LCD-Monitor-27in-J3G14A8-/151788285549?hash=item2357496e6d:g:azQAAOSwnGJWSugm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kek, why so glum chum?
I fell for the same meme and never looked back

Yeah, I hate high resolution monitors.

>tfw you fell for the "the human eye can see more than 24fps" meme

oh yeah all that extra detail and space sure does suck

1080p is still golden
Anything else is meme-tech until a few years.

1920x1200 master race

Anything other than 16:10 irritates my sense of aesthetics and nearly makes me vomit.

>tfw watching 1080p content on those monitors
>tfw playing gaymes in 1080p on those monitors

>tfw I fell for the chiru.no meme

What the fuck am I going to do with all these FLAC files?

>Being too plebby to enjoy 2560x1440 and up to 144hz, with Freesync to keep it smooth
It does take an enthusiast card to keep it good (Fury X on custom loop myself) but its definitely enjoyable and I prefer the slightly higher resolution compared to FHD while having much better FPS than 4k would get.

Whats wrong with 1440p ?
I mean yea its not great but i think its enough for a 5 inch phone

Hope you're talking about the 2560x1440 meme on a smartphone and not 2560x1440 meme on an actual 27" monitor (from korea using an LG S-IPS panel for $300)

1920x1080 is more than plenty for me on a 5" phone tbqh. Right now I'm using a Motorola Moto E 2nd gen and that's only what, 720p?
I don't even give a fuck what resolution my phone has, and I don't see why people do.

?
why is it a meme?
I just went 2560x1440 144hz from 1920 60hz and the difference is such a jump

>Whats wrong with 1440p ?
It's not 16:10.
> ?
Please don't use spaces before punctuation.

Im sorry but if you think resolution on a phone is important you should kill yourself now.

fuck off retard.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

>It's not 16:10.
>muh vertical space
What's wrong is you single-monitor fags opening your mouths.
Get another monitor and put it in portrait mode for your gay programming, documents, and browsing you fucking plebs.

16:9 monitors are dear to the unimaginative peasant-burgher whilst
16:10 monitors appeal to the sensitive poet-aristocrat-philosopher. This will be clear in a moment when we reflect on the matter of association.

Practical plebeian folk judge a thing only by its immediate touch, taste, and smell; while more delicate types form their estimates from the linked images and ideas which the object calls up in their minds. Now when 16:10s and 16:9s are considered, the stolid churl sees only the two monitors before him, and bases his favour on their relative capacity to pander to his sloppy, unformed ideas of visual artistry.

On the other hand the gentleman and thinker sees each in all its natural affiliations, and cannot fail to notice that in the great symmetries of 16:9 monitors fall in with slovenly pulp movies created by peasant-burghers, whilst 16:10 monitors stand proudly with the highest art conceived by man such as the Mona Lisa by Leonardo DaVinci and the Parthenon.

16:9 monitors are the hieroglyphs of blind emotion, inferiority, servile attachment, and gregariousness - the attributes of commonplace, stupidly passionate, and intellectually and imaginatively undeveloped men.

16:10 monitors are the runes of beauty, invincibility, wonder, pride, freedom, coldness, self-sufficiency, and dainty individuality - the qualities of sensitive, enlightened, mentally developed, pagan, cynical, poetic, philosophic, dispassionate, reserved, independent, Nietzschean, unbroken, civilised, master-class men.

16:9 is a peasant and the 16:10 is a gentleman.

"Muh 1920x1200 has more vertical space than your 2560x1440"

2560x1600 has more vertical space than
2560x1440.

A real person wrote this

16:10 is only superior on laptops because it's a more portable form factor than 16:9, it's irrelevant on a desktop where you should be using at least 2 monitors in the first place

What are you talking about? 1440p is the perfect resolution at the moment, easy to drive, no scaling issues (native scaling in Wangblows) and pretty cost-effective.

Once then copypasta'd it

Posting off your phone from school no doubt.
Jesus kids today are morons.
Err am I supposed to be impressed by the mobile you have? you realise they are not status symbols?

>they are not status symbols?
They are among the poor and uneducated.

Why would you do that to yourself? Just get a better gpu that will allow you to utilze the monitors resolution.

Shame im neither. Do you own a house/ car anything like that? didnt think so. Stick to getting anally raped every month for a mobile phone!

>owning a BenQ BoyLove2710

some things are native 1080p, you don't get a choice

At least with 4k it will use 4 pixels as one if it really has to..

Fair point, I've got a 1440p monitor and I enjoy it. I don't really watch movies on it though, I stream them to my television.

If it's a phone: you fell for the meme.
If it's a monitor: you made a good purchase.

not even the guy you're replying to but...

What

The

Fuck

Areyouonabout?

Most games can be forced to run at 1440p. Can't help with lots of content not being available in 1440p though, I know your pains.

They're 100% sRGB 10-bit IPS displays, I only really care about colour reproduction as I use them for work and nothing else.

I have a 4k monitor, it's nice but my 1070 is pushing it for seamless gaming
I would like a 1440 g sync for them frames but I dunno if I could go back

>Not 1600p

Most games cant be even run decently even at 1080p.

I want 120-250 fps on ALL games, no exceptions.
A single 1080 cant even handle 1080p with those frames. Not even games from like 2012....
Literally all gpus shit themselves and introduce you some lag in the input.

Is there any 1440p 8bit monitor that can be overclocked to 72hz?

>he watches YIFY releases
>he doesn't watch 40 GB remuxes
lmao kys pleb

>Most games cant be even run decently even at 1080p.
So put them in windowed mode.

It doesn't matter if you have a 60hz panel

I'd rather run 1440p with a setting or two turned down to get 60fps stable than 1080p maxed any day. Not hard right now on an r9 290.

Battery consumption

windowed mode again introduces you some input lag. Reduced FPS. Try it yourself.
And why should i want to break my immersion?

>cinematic immersion
I think you should switch to a gayming console m8.

No fucking way. Consoles are for casual faggots.

Theres no QuakeWorld for The xbox or ps4 and besides it would suck using sticks for movement and aiming.

I've used 4K monitors and honestly the real estate isn't that much better when you factor in scaling, I've been looking for a decent 1440 G-SYNC panel for a while but they're all horribly overpriced here in Yurop.

>No fucking way. Consoles are for casual faggots.

Yeah, they are for casual faggots. They are like that because faggots like you are hot and bothered about cinematic immersion.
Because cinematic immersion is more important than gameplay, the console controllers have stopped increasing their input like they did in the generations preceding the PS3/360 gen.
Because they stopped increasing input, gaymes became more and more stale copy pasta and many genres are comatose.
Because gameplay is comatose and manufacturers have decided that the console controllers are perfect as they are, cinematic experience and graphics got all the priority and value.
Now the focus is on making games more like interactive movies, and less like video GAMES.

Herein lies the rub: The PC isn't better from the consoles because of graphics.
Valuing graphics and visual immersion on a PC is lowering yourself to the threshold of console retards, and that's what makes you a casual.
It is better than consoles because of the keyboard and keyboard alone. The secondary value is the ability to switch between secondary devices appropriate for a genre: mice, flight stick, gamepads, arcade sticks, etc.
The keyboard though is what allows developers to constantly evolve gameplay mechancis and gameplay depth because of its fast response and huge customizability, down to being able to join genres and make hybrids. Even doing modifiers on console controllers only lowers response and increases control difficulty compared to using a keyboard with a secondary.

*citation needed

I've never had an issue at 1080p, like ever, even like 5+ years ago with a 5770 new vegas ran smooth as

unless you've always had shit cards?
or is there some other small thing I'm missing here

i meant immersion as in i cant allow myself have any distractions.

Im an autistic fuck like that. Windowed mode is out of the question.
About consoles.... They are everything wrong with gaming and the entertainment standard today....

I know what you mean about price, here in NZ they are the same, I got my 4k freesync (had AMD but cooked it) for $600NZD, it is pretty mid spec, but no noticeable lag (AOC u2879vf)
for a 1440p g sync they start around $1500NZD

Isnt 16:10 shit for phones ?

sage this confusing thread op is a faggot or a troll, next time specify if phone or pc you whore

Is the BenQ 27" GW2765HT any good?

4:3 is dope thouh

The important question is 1440 at 25inches or 27inches? It's 25 but some say otherwise, not that those cheap korean 27s weren't tempting.

27 no doubt unless you really need to save $100 in which case just get a Korean 27

this

1600p at 27 inches

Good luck finding a CPU that does 120+ fps on ALL games.

i think 1440 is going to be 720 vs 1080
or is it going to be like 1680x1050 vs 1080
but who knew time will tell

But muh 21:9

Don't you ever, EVER respond to my post again unless you're going to say something constructive. I have had it up to here with you jackasses ruining this board because of what you think are 'smart' or 'funny' comments, when really you're just trying to hid your insecurities by belittling someone on the internet. Why? What do you gain from it? Don't you realise that the posts you respond to have REAL people behind them? Real people that don't deserve the bullshit you think is acceptable to throw in their faces? Did your parents not teach you any decency or basic manners? Whatever the case, it ends NOW. It's time you little brats learned a thing or two about respect. If I catch you pulling this sort of shit again, believe me, there will be hell to pay.

My friend has a 21:9 and sure tons of games don't like to run at that aspect ratio but when a game is running on it, its great. I'm waiting for the new Acer revision before I jump on one.

>About consoles.... They are everything wrong with gaming and the entertainment standard today....
Don't forget Steam.

1440p is and always has been a dumb stopgap resolution. We'll look back and laugh at you faggots like we did people who bought 900p monitors.

Yes, but what really makes up for the incompatibility of some games is how movies look.

>tfw my freesync monitor is coming today

Can wait to leave them all behind. Breaking out of my pain. Nothing ventured. Nothing gained.
I'm my own master now.

and games that aren't locked to 60fps.

it's a nice upgrade path since my shitty graphics card doesn't support 4k and 1080p is not enough these days. Or rather not future proof.

He fell for the true 4k meme.

youtube.com/watch?v=qDdBcwvl8eA

1/3 of the price of real brands.

1440x900 here and loving it.

Jokes on you faggot, my Korean monitor uses a SAMSUNG panel for $199. It actually does have a few defects, but after using it for a year, I've become 'relatively' blind to them.

1440p is great for working, lots of space.

>he fell for the 4k meme
>not using a 5k oled 144hz monitor
Jokes on you

All resolutions are stopgaps

21:9 is always overpriced. There's no reason why 2560x1080 should cost more than 2560x1440, or why 3440x1440 should cost more than 3840x2160.

I can tell the difference between 45 and 60. Either I'm too drunk to realuze you're trolling, or you need to get your eyes checked.

>not just buying your shit used, so even if it doesn't live up to expectations, you're only out 30-50% the original cost, rather than 100%
the only things I buy new are SSDs

Yeah, I don't watch movies on my computer though. It's still worth it, even a game like Dark Souls 3 looks so good at 21:9

Plus you can get two decently sized windows up side by side on it. Great for productivity

>he fell for the 5k 144hz meme
>not using 8k oled 200hz monitor

Not everybody wants to buy a separate 2TB drive just for movies. All my shit fits on a 64GB flash drive. I throw it in the PC, launch PS3 Media Server, and blast my shit on a 42" 480p TV at 20fps. Fuzzy, but surprisingly comfy.

Not going 5k@60hz

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-z27q-27-inch-ips-5k-display-(energy-star)

ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-J3G14A8-ABA-Z27q-27-inch-IPS-5K-Display-27-in-LCD-Monitor-27in-J3G14A8-/151788285549?hash=item2357496e6d:g:azQAAOSwnGJWSugm

Seriously though, 4k 3840x2160 is best for gaming as you can enjoy HD content without shit upscaling.

Because you are a dumb faggot

An in game resolution of 2560x1440 should look good on that monitor.

You really shouldn't see a difference between 2560x1440 on a 27" native 2560x1440 monitor and a 27" native 5120x2880 monitor.

This is why I avoided 1440p.

Great for gaming but not for anything else.

4K is much more demanding for gaming but it has perfect scaling for all 1080p content. So even if I have to run a game at 1080p it still looks as good as native 1080p.

1080p content looks fine on 1440p, unless your screen is enormous

do you not vsync your eyes?

It's an easy selling point.

Kind of like GIGABYTES and CORES.

It looks like complete garbage because of scaling.

> 2560x1440
L.O.L.

Even with scaling there's still lots more real estate, user.

Here's a 1080p image in photoshop for example at "Actual size" with windows on 150% scaling. 125% scaling is useable too desu. It's still easily double the real estate of 1080p.

>he watches his movies on computer monitor
what a retard

Why?

Monitors are usually better than TVs. Aside from the OLED stuff, PC Monitors are usually better.

You must be really sitting quite close to the screen or else I don't understand the exaggeration of your words

Are you blind or something?

I wasn't comparing it to 1080p, I was comparing it to 1440p, you don't need scaling at all at 1440p whereas 4K does need scaling if you want to see anything in the UI.

It's the best resolution, large enough, higher density vs 23in 1080p while still fine without scaling. Don't be an idiot.

>he doesnt know fuck all about refresh rates and the difference in quality

This made me lol'd so hard that i spat on my phone

If you don't mind it's ridiculously glossy design. Non-flicker, matte panel. Good price.

>tfw you fell for the 2560x1440 meme

I had a 2560x1600 monitor for about 8 years before I finally upgraded to 4k

2560x1440/1600 was fine 3-4 years ago but all respectable screens are at least 4k now.

24" 1920x1200 master race

Nah, MasterRace would be 2560x1600.

27" 2560x1440 144hz gsync here. Sorry I win

G sync at 1440p is stupidly expensive does the extra electronic has a long life spawn?

well mine came with a free 3 year warranty.

25 for delicious pixel density

>he doesn't use a Cred Forums-approved media player or scaler

Does anyone actually believe you can't see over 1080p/60 fps.

I'd bet the resolution where you can't tell the difference at all would be something stupid like 16k.

For a 900$ it's a minimum

Looks good on my phone :^)

Sorry had to edit last one.... mine is an Asus and cos $686.76 actually.