Is the WD black worth it over the blues?

Is the WD black worth it over the blues?

depends. do you want your drive to fail now or in a month?

Never.

then you should invest in an ssd for your os and a hgst/hitachi drive for your data hoarding needs.

Yes, unless you want to use a harddrive @ 5400RPM in the two thousandth and sixteenth year of our lord, Jesus Christ.

gr8 b8 m8

>SSDs never fail
No.

all drives fail eventually. ssd's have a higher life expectancy that hdd's and once they fail, they only become read-only, giving you plenty of time to back up your data. when a hard drive fails, most if not all of your data is gone.

google it.

I have a 40GB Hard drive almost as old as I am that still works. I have yet to suffer hard drive failure.

i want that bitch to sit her goddamn vagina on my face NOW

also depends on what you need it for but yes probably

> it never happened to me, that means it never happens!
You're lucky, don't assume that's standard. I've had 3 drives fail on me personally, and 15+ per year professionally. Never assume you're safe.

>tfw i deal with almost exclusively Seagate failures

>mfw it's a 40GB seagate
It's in an old dell laptop I refurbished, which is how I know it's still working.

You think modern seagate is shit because of maxtor? They used to fail a lot iirc.

Why wouldn't you get the WD Black?

That bitch ruined herself with that horrible tattoo.

Around blacks never relax, I use WD blue, over 13k lifetime hours and I don't have any problems.

>That bitch ruined herself with that horrible tattoo.
That bitch ruined herself when she decided to take womyn studies as a major, minor & inbetweens; the tattoo came after, as a sign of empowerment and freedom from the patriarchy (you can tell that pretty easy because she tattooed somesort of pigeon on her fat thigh).

brand new wd blue is wd green which is always dead quickly (dumb fuck firmware making it turning off on and kill itself).

>inb4 some retard recommend seagate

Let me tell you a secret, THEY'RE THE SAME!

2tb wd black here, full of games and few tv series, had it since 2012
never had a problem

>Not buying a SSD

don't buy WD black its fucking overpriced meme.

mine literally died during DOTA2 match with no previous S.M.A.R.T. issues at all

cheapest seagate drives always at least warned me that something is wrong via S.M.A.R.T.

>2tb drive
>A fucking QUARTER of the space is unusable

Fucking why?

it's partitioned you fucking pleb...

Have bllue and never had a problem.

>It's in an old dell laptop I refurbished, which is how I know it's still working.
That thing must be slow and loud as shit.
Are you fuckin retarded or do you live in pooristan?

Same thing happened to me, literally had 2 wd black drives fail out of nowhere

I've only used hgst since then

kill yourself shill

There's just something beautiful about clunky old tech.