Can somebody please explain the thinkpad meme to me? I'm not trying troll or meme here, this is a serious question...

can somebody please explain the thinkpad meme to me? I'm not trying troll or meme here, this is a serious question. because as far as I see this:
>shitty specs
>looks ugly as sin
>fat and heavy
>nothing remarkable about it
>expensive

and yet somehow this is considered great? why?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Highfine-Drive-Caddy-Lenovo-Thinkpad/dp/B01FTYLUHS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1474515842&sr=8-2&keywords=t420 drive
thinkwiki.org/wiki/Replacing_T430_screen_with_a_better_one
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>durable
>good build quality
>nipple mouse
And that's about it.

>calling my x201 heavy
>calling my x201 expensive
these are not even subjective m8

It looks pretty nice IMO and actually isn't that heavy. They're also pretty cheap sometimes if you can get it used and have an excellent keyboard. Not to mention the great Linux and BSD support and everything said

>x220 heavy
>only 1,3kg
What about linux compatibility?

it as nice before the ch*nks took over

I'm currently on a x200 with libreboot that I got pretty cheap off ebay. It's ok, though the battery is quite shit.
Because it was already flashed with libreboot, I naturally put trisquel on it, you know, going full stallman.
I wanted to see for myself if one could use floss for day-to-day use without missing anything (non-dev here)

just buy a new battery from ebay they are p good when new and they're less than 20 pounds

yeah, I will definitely do that.

You can change and replace everything, you can't do that in a shitty hp

I have Toughbook fetish

Even shittier spec
Everyone always comments how ugly my laptop is
Super fat and heavy
Even more expensive

They look cyberpunk and are not like Samshit laptops that breaks after 1 or 2 years.

You forgot
>terrible screens

The new ones also have shitty build quality (like my X250) and the pricing makes Apple look like charity.

It does not break apart after a year or two of usage

I fell for the meme, I don't regret it at all.

Had an Acer and HP laptop before this, both shit the bed and had to be tossed.

This fucker is still running though. May be a bit slower than other people's in class, but it doesn't run into a software issue every 5 minutes.

ask yourself why a shitty laptop which is 5 years old or more it's still so expensive

ThinkPads aren't intended for you, Macbabby. Buy shiny shit and you'll make panties drop at Starbucks while you work on your screenplay.

Purrfict. Thinkvantage is bullshit anyway.

>implying LG IPS is terrible

>ugly as sin

If you really think that, you are just not the target audience and/or the niche that ThinkPads appeal to. It's okay, just don't go around ignorantly judging other people's preferences.

All your other points are objectively false anyway

>calls clits "nipples"

>excellent specs for when they came out (the meme is to buy used/refurb older models)
>build quality is amazing, can frisbee it across rooms and have your data safe
>interchangeable parts, modular expandability
>great keyboard, even the newer models

>Using tumblr software

you're tech illiterate, what's there to explain?

lonix sucks

i never used thinkpad but they kinda look heavy are they really 1.3 kg with battery in it?

also what is their power cable look like i hope it isnt like "gaymen laptop" battery cord which is bullshit

Got an x61 in mint condition for £80.
Godly screen ratio, perfect size for travel, durable, great keyboard, nipple mouse, easily repairable, swell battery life, specs more than enough to handle day to day browsing and shit posting. Literally the best net book I've ever owned.

>expensive

If you bought it new you did it wrong.

www.thinkwiki.org

show me a laptop series with a better wiki

- It is fat and heavy OP, that is completely true, but it's very rugged for a commercial product.

- The specs are wonderful, well optimised and are both MS HCL-compliant and very well backed with well-written drivers for Linux (I am merely speaking about my ThinkPad X220T)
My ex-girlfriend's X61 is still kicking ass.

- The red clit in the middle of the keyboard is tons better than any track pad I've ever used, and it's much better to use when changing between mouse and keyboard

Great keyboard
Good specs for price
Computer's job isn't to look good
Fat and heavy because durable
Cheap af

>calls clits "nipples"
like you can tell the difference you fucking virgin

>projecting this hard
Calm down user. This isn't Cred Forums.

sorry I got carried away

>can somebody please explain the thinkpad meme to me?
+Cheaply available $1000+ MSRP machines. If you try to buy a laptop in store for what you pay for a used T420, you're going to end up with some happy meal toy plastic HP that dies in a year and rapes your eyes every time you have the misfortune of having to look at it

+Among the best keyboards with old style keys and a satisfying amount of key travel. Very non RSI/fatigue inducing than your typical kiddy pool shallow Macbook clone keyboard

+Good support for Linux

+Comprehensive repair guides available right on the manufacturer's site detailing how to take apart the machine and swap out every single part including part numbers

+Also durable, so even though it's slightly heavy than my rMBP I'd still rather carry around the Thinkpad because I know it can take more punishment and I would be (slightly) less heartbroken if it got damaged or stolen though. Got my dad a refurbished T400 a few years ago and it took a fall out of a semi cab, cracked the corner near the rear USB port and broke one of the battery latches but other than that it's still chugging along just fine.

Also I happen to find Thinkpads to be incredibly aesthetically pleasing. The contrast between the all black body, the red trackpoint and blue/purple enter key along with angular lines is just amazing to me. It has a masculine design that screams "I am a machine for work" that California feel good millennial designs like the rMBP don't.

cont.

+Many aftermarket parts available that expand the functionality of even old devices. You can replace your CDROM drive with a hard drive caddy and run dual SSDs or an SSD and an HDD or really any configuration

You mentioned that Thinkpads are ugly, and I know I already addressed that but I want to again. Making a machine or a device beautiful is all good, but that's just marketing. When you've had the thing 6 months or a year or two years, you have likely gotten over the novelty of how beautiful it is, and all you really care about is how it fits into your lifestyle and whether it's a pain in the ass to maintain.

>tfw you spend too much time responding to old bait posts

They're dirt cheap, that's about it. Some neets can't afford better.

>shitty specs
i5, 16gbs ram, 500gb ssd and the option to have m.sata ssd
>looks ugly as sin
this is subjective, I like the blocky matte look
>fat and heavy
have a macbook pro 13 which is heavier and slightly bigger than my x220
the fact that's easier to take apart and replacement parts are cheap is not something you can say about a lot of laptops
>expensive
they are cheap as fuck unless you are buying the latest model which actually looks more like a regular laptop which means it is actually shittier because they have shit soldered on or poorly made.

Honestly I finally fell for it because I like how it looks, shiny plastic laptops that try to pass for metal look like shit and the fact that you can get parts and batteries and it isn't disposable is appealing to say the least.

Used to be good, legendary even, but they went to shit after lenovo got its hands on the brand.
Absolutely not worth it anymore to buy new thinkpads.
The old ones are sturdy and reliable, but are becoming increasingly outdated.

they're very affordable for the specs you get. I liked the idea that there's a lot of resources to replace and fix them too.

>>shitty specs
>>looks ugly as sin
>>fat and heavy
>>nothing remarkable about it
>>expensive

Disagree with all of them, specially with the second one... what were we talking about?

> shitty spec
Ni
> looks ugly
Yeah but it works better than those bendable laptops
> fat and heavy
Just like my dick
> nothing remarkable
Spill resistant keyboard and extreme battery life
> expensive
Not for what you get

>They'll never understand our relationship

>>shitty specs
its good for average usage unless you want to play gayms
>>looks ugly as sin
maybe for you but not the ppl who love the old bulky style
>>fat and heavy
durability at a cost
nipple mouse,good build quality,
>>expensive
since companies dump them way below resell value after upgrades and they are durable you could get dirt cheap
it dirt cheap

and its not only thinkpads, its just the most popular cheap good used laptop brand that became a meme on Cred Forums

>having a T420
>using Windows
>running SublimeText

kys

Incredible specs for the price if you buy them refurbished (If you aren't buying them second handed you're doing it wrong)
Great keyboards
Easy to dismantle
Robust

that your degenerate dildo next to the water?

I have a T420 which I bought new and it's still my primary laptop unless I need digital inking, in which case I use my SP4. The keyboard is an absolute joy to type on and it's loaded up with dual HDDs and an mSATA SSD for the OS.

It's been abused to hell and back but barely shows it, there's something satisfying about a laptop that you could beat someone to death with before typing their obituary on.

I-it's a friend's I'm just h-holding onto it

What do you have against SublimeText?

Aspies force vim and emacs

>shitty specs
Faster than any new ultrabook
>looks ugly as sin
Subjective. I like the utilitarian design and it's much less likely to get stolen
>fat and heavy
Depends on which model you are referring to
Except the god-tier keyboard, build quality, expandability, repair support, parts availability, clit mouse, think light, etc
>expensive
If $200-300 is expensive then I don't know how to help you

>May be a bit slower than other people's in class

It's not

>looks ugly as sin

I hate this meme. Thinkpads are the best looking laptops on the market. They look like work machines. As much design as necessary. No crazy colors. No crazy textures. No crazy shapes. No alumemium unibody that makes it impossible to replace parts. Also trackpoint > trackpad. Being able to use the mouse without moving your fingers away from the keyboard is great design. Also doesn't use as much space as a trackpad.

Even though they are not as great as they were during IBM times they are still the best. The only problem are the bad displays most of their laptops have.

I had a few laptops before my X200s.
They lasted maybe a year each before shitting the bed in one way or another. I bought a used X200s for next to nothing and have been using it for the past 4 years. It fell countless of times, I only got an SSD for it and it still just works. It's a bit on the slow side now, that's why I'm thinking of getting an X230, but that's a 7 year old laptop we're talking about here that I bought for like 150$ and it still serves me pretty well on a daily basis.

Isn't the real reason to shit on Thinkpads that Lenovo loads everything they make with botnet shit?

let me explain it to you easily; all your opinions are wrong
>great performance for the price
>looks like a computer and not a toy
>many T and all X series fit modern Ultrabook specifications for weight and size
>exceptional build quality, linux support, top of the line keyboard and trackpoint
>cheap

>rapes your eyes every time you have the misfortune of having to look at it
m8 dont pretend like the T420 has anything other than one of the worst displays ever made for a computer

>cheap as dicks
this is because of how business laptops enter the market, a company bus say, 50 of them. They use them for 3 years, and then sell them in bulk to a reseller for nothing just to get rid of them, the reseller does quick refurb or restores them to factory and sells them for next to nothing because any profit is profit in a market with thousands of these for sale
>comparable specs are significantly more expensive with other brands
Because theyre older laptops, finding something with similar performance isnt hard, but because of the above price reasoning, thinkpads and latitudes are cheaper
>user serviceable
try and strip down a dell inspiron to its base components without little hex bits and shit
>durable as shit
this depends on the model but most thinkpads were originally 1-3 thousand dollar laptops, lots of effort was put into build quality just to make sure these laptops last
T series and W series are tanks, older ones like the T42 and budget R52 are basically bulletproof
I think the R52 actually had an official IBM accessory for military and police that was a kevlar case.

I use the 1600x900 display. Its not good but its not bad either

>much less likely to get stolen
Unless of course, the eggnog browses Cred Forums.

Every time I see a thinkpad, I always try to see what the model is.

But Cred Forums browsers are honorable people.

Can replace or upgrade lots of stuff.
Pretty tough.
Last a long time.
Hardware isn't exotic, so everything just werks, and parts are available for years.
Almost always have great keyboards.
Ex-corporate versions can be had fairly cheap about 2 yrs old, can be refurbed to as-new cheaply.

Have an x220 and a t420 still going strong, will probably still be going in 10 yrs.

The only valid point you wrote is fat and heavy and even the it's not a fatal flaw
They have good specs, especially when considering their cheap price and excelent build quality, also the modularity and support
>looks ugly as sin
Buy a fucking macbook if you want to look like a fag, thinkpads are beautiful

>Have an x220 and a t420
Can you do a quick comparison? I'm kinda undecided between those two.
Leaning towards the X220 right now because it's lighter.

X220 is lighter. Has a weaker frame, though, and only low res screens. Can have insane batery live with the battery pack base and 9 cell battery (like 19 hrs). T420 has a bigger screen, and can be had in a reasonable resolution. Both are equally fast, both can handle 32g ram.

Still, the x220 is nice when travelling.

Much as i hate to say it my WH2-SLB1 has noticable PWM flicker in the dark. It's fucking annoying .

Also, both are generally considered the last "true" thinkpads. Have the last truly great keyboards (full travel, not space-compromised versions), though the newer x1 carbon models are very very nice.

The insert button is fucking retarded on the T420/X220 though.

>>expensive
???????

>>expensive
You almost got me

The feel when I am with in laws

My girls sister " why I have two old laptops"

while they just spend double the price on something for niece that had half the specs of a T420

Such an annoying feel. Today this day she probably thinks daughter and I are rocking some 1990 laptop when in real life both have i5's ssd's much ram and run perfectly well

>300$

Don't bullshit.

Only 90% of them, at most.

X220 for portability.
T420 for a bit more power and higher screen res.

Keep in mind that some T420's have literally the same hardware as an X220. God help you if you get a T420 with an X220 resolution. Make sure the insides are worth the larger size.

Personally, I think the X220 resolution ON an X220 is fine as long as you have an IPS screen.

Everything except the Thinkpad line

It's not bullshit at all, you just have to be patient.

I grabbed a W520 from Kijiji for 300 CAD, which is roughly 228 US. Works like a charm.

all the triggered thinkpad autists ITT.

2bh tho I bought an x200 for libreboot, coming from a MBP. Seriously thinking about hackintoshing a x220 as a daily driver now. Needless to say I've fallen for the meme, big time

>you just have to be patient.

So, used? Also, who the fuck would sell like, an i5 with 8gb ram for 300...

Bought mine for $250 and got another for like 175 or something I forget form ebay. both great condition. And everything is so easy to replace and upgrade. even the keyboards

main thing that bugs me is no USB3 for t420

>Every time I see a thinkpad, I always try to see what the model is.

Me too. :)

no it's really, really terrible

the contrast is like 150:1 not even exaggerating. The viewing angles are also some of the worst ever made for any display. It's literal trash, you literally cannot find a laptop with a worse screen

>shitty specs
if you don't buy old thinkpads you dont need to worry about bad specs
>looks ugly as sin
i think it looks fine, anyways it's a computer it doesn't need to be the next fashion statement
>fat and heavy
yes it's because it's durable
show me another laptop thats as durable has a nipple mouse and is as cheap
>expensive
i disagree

Fucking hell. How. In my country, everything technology related is more expensive, but a thinkpad for 300... I gotta start browsing the used laptops, I'd kill for a deal like that.

I bought a T430 for 260 yuros.
Bredy good deal.

Have you worked at an actual professional setting?
What computer do you think they use?

T420 too
I'm thinking on installing old good loonix, 'cuz I've been working on bangblows 7 and 10 recently and it was not amusing on some points
I mean this shitting with drivers
Maybe I'll give a chance to OSX, just need to change Wi-Fi card

>posting prices in indecipherable moonrune money
>implying anyone would buy a NEW thinkpad
>suggesting Cred Forums would

Here is what I see:

> elegance in design
> sturdiness and reliability
> cheap
> parts easily available, for cheap
> very well known machine, it's easy to ask or find help
> very well known machine, many mods available (-> customizability)
> very well known machine: easy to tear apart and and put back together
> extra features you won't find on other laptops (accelerometer, gyroscope, pseudo-random numer generator, fingerprint reader, cryptographic facilities, thinklight)
> long-lived batteris
> a wide range of battery options available
> 12.5", yet can host two hard disk at the same time
> 12.5", yet can host two batteries at the same time (23.5 hours runtime)
> 12.5", yet can have 16GB ram
> 12.5", yet has full-size keyboard
> 12.5", yet can host external GPU in order to play the latest games
> can use docking station, MOAR ports

All this for as low as 150-250$.

>indecipherable moonrune money

get out from under that rock, yo

Yeah but your the type of faggot to think 2gb ram are good specs

>moonrune money
really nigga

EUfags detected
get your asses back to

Not Lenovo's fault your country has shitty 50% tax on everything and your currency is weak.

This is lenovo trash. In fact I get angry thinking about what lenovo has done to the thinkpad brand. Fuck them.

Anyway, most people here like the models closer to the IBM designs. T420 and X220 are the generally recommended models for standard computing. These two are in the $200 range refurbished and are great for the price.

joo

First laptop to offer an OLED screen is trash?
ahahahaha

>shitty specs
>looks ugly as sin
>fat and heavy
Like their owners :^)

yeah ebay great for them since so many companies used. nicely refurbished and also 1600x900

-says the guy who posted naked selfies on Cred Forums(we didn't forget faggot).

Watch my post get removed because his going to cry to the mods.

and yet those numbers are all 25050% lower than the original photo....

go figure

Samefag

It's a damn shame, isn't it?

I got my x220 with i5, 8gb RAM and ssd for $235

I know the relations from euro to dollar, aussie dollar, pesos and pounds. Nothing to do with being europoor.

>interchangable parts
>upgradable parts
> it looks fine, theres even slim versions
>300 for a laptop with an i5/i7 with 8GB ram is not expensive
>can be used for school, business, normies, and even light to medium gaming. (i have a friend who was running skyrim with mods on a t seriese i believe, avg ~50fps. pretty good if you ask me)
>trusted company/brand
>durable/build quality
>they really are good laptops, they just differ in what you want or need, which have different series to match.

>an somebody please explain the thinkpad meme to me?
Niggers are quite poor and they have to make their money count. No white guy would sacrifice their pride for one of these, but niggers see them as some kind of ghetto ipad.Not even joe king btw. Fo real niggers be luvin that shizzniss

It was an i7 quad core, and the person that sold it was doing so because his work bought him a P50, and he didn't need the W520 anymore.

yes, that's the idea, you buy them used

I got a T430s for $280 w/ SSD and 8GB RAM

god-tier keyboards
cheap
fast
durable

they are the crown vic of laptops

This

Would I be fucked if I got one of those for Photoshop/Illustrator and video editing? I don't know how important a graphics card is at that point.

Paid £300 for my X230. That includes ivy bridge i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, IPS display (glorious).

If I were shelling out £1000+ I'd buy a MacBook of some description but fuck that.

They're definitely not durable like they used to be though.

>Number of ThinkPads aboard the International Space Station: more than 60
Welp, time to become an astronaut I guess.

for some reason people are too dumb to put a keyboard light on their computer

wait until apple does it though, then everyone will

I'd love to own one of those.

So I want a laptop which should last 4 years. Should have a max 13 inch screen.And should be able to play some vidya games(LoL,CS). Should I buy a thinkoad or get second hand X1 carbon for $550?

ya mean my 8gbs of ram?

>tfw my T61p has siblings on the ISS

i am on my third thinkpad. always the newest one. never bought one though, it was always provided by my employee.

the business meme is real. however don't be like the fags on Cred Forums who try emulate this and hang around their university with some cheap old thinkpads.

>cheap old thinkpads.

if they get the job done why not

How do you guys live with the sub-FHD resolutions of the old Thinkpads?

I try to breathe and eat.

They haven't used anything better so they don't know how shitty it is.

Throwing money away lol.

>always the newest one
>don't be like the fags on Cred Forums who try emulate this and hang around their university with some cheap old thinkpads
Lenovo killed it with the newer ones, feel bad for you, son.

**30 and older all come with an express card slot, so you can plug an external graphics card if you find you need the hardware acceleration of a desktop.

>t. applel techman

I was thinking of getting an X1 model with decent specs. Like an i7, 8gb, 1080p, 256 GB SSD. Should I go for it?

X1 is a fashion accessory, not a real Thinkpad.

Define "real ThinkPad".

function over form

I was looking for a Thinkpad with modern specs, and they're at a reasonable cost on eBay. What are the cons?

ThinkPads are for retarded NEETs who want to tinker with old tech while pretending to be 90's hackers, also they're really cheap so easily attainable for the NEET.

They also all fell for the 'durability' meme, while we all know these machines never leave a bedroom so you have no need for a magnesium roll-cage, even if you have fat ham wrists.

Not him, but modern Thinkpads are fine.
Even L series. (I was actually surprised how sturdy they are)

high level bait

You always pay for thinness.
In cooling, battery life, features, key travel and cost.

And what does thinness bring you in return? look sande nothing else.

In b4:
>hurrr I need a very thin laptop becasue my handbag is only 3mm thick.
Then buy your overpriced fashion statement, I don't care.

>And what does thinness bring you in return? look sande nothing else.

reduced weight

Also good for the college poorfag

What would you recommend then? I'm looking for a modern specced thinkpad, at a good price.

Holy fuck dude, you know you don't have to post this picture in every thread.

>things I don't agree with must be made up

Femynyst tier triggered.

>If it looks pretty it's shit

Honestly a W520 would be overkill for Photoshop.

As for video editing, I think that depends on what kind. I wouldn't recommend it if you have to do lots of high poly 3D rendering.

I can play LoL on low settings on my X220 absolutely fine. Not sure about CS:GO though.

>>shitty specs
it's 8 years old

>>looks ugly as sin
it's just a black business device, like a combat shotgun

>>fat and heavy
it has a dense metallic alloy endoskel, like a combat shotgun

it does what it has to do, like a combat shotgun

>>expensive
w-what?

I paid 200 pounds for a t420 with all the best bells and whistles.

>I can play LoL on low settings on my X220 absolutely fine.
lmao no you can't.

I have an X1 Carbon with an i7, 16GB of RAM, and 512GB flash. Crisp 14 inch display, backlit keyboard, 10 hour battery life and it's as thin as a MacBook pro. Cost $1200 too. MBP with same specs is like $2500.

I found one of these in my closet, stripped ram, HD from it and put it out on the curb

Took two days for someone to pick it up

That's pretty much what I do with all my unwanted electronics

I've had cum stained keyboards go quicker than that thinkpad

I can actually tripfag.

You can certainly try.

It's partly nostalgia, IBM ThinkPads used to be amazing computers

>pic related existed in 1995

the matte screen on thinkpads are quite shite really so I wouldn't really trust it for color grading

Its not 1366*768 and they have comfy ratio without being a macbook. I guess if you aren't a purist you can spend a bit more and get the newer models on ebay.

You can practice clitoral stimulation each time you use it.

>It's cheap
That's why, OP. If MacBook were cheaper we would also see a /MacBook/ general

thinkpads are memes. get a second hand dell latitude or hp elitebook. they're the same quality except they're not hampered by the worlds worst screen and they're often cheaper if you're patient.

i bought a sandy bridge era latitude a few months ago for only $60. upgraded the ram and swapped the hdd for an ssd and have a great shitposting machine now

HEY

Please recommend a thinkpad to a newbie:

I would like 1080p (maybe ips), decent graphics, nice keyboard, at least 1tb hdd with maybe a small ssd, usb 3.0 ports (at least three), hdmi, sd slot, ethernet, good battery, to use with ubuntu gnome

thanks! (sorry for ignorancE)

Why'd you censor that

I can't remember personally, but I'm fairly sure you can mod a t420 to do almost all of that. Change the screen for a 1080 ips, change stock drive out for ssd, change the odd to the hard drive slotable one. It has HDMI, SD, ethernet and even mine with just a 9 cell still has kickass battery life after quite a few years of moderate use. I think they can come with nvidia quadro 4200 as well? Only problem is no 3.0 ports, but there is an expansion slot so technically you could add on at least 2 I think.

thanks for your reply, are the laptops easy to mod? and could a relatively new person get used to it on a first try?

>hp
Enjoy your high temperatures and fast failing batteries.
Some Probooks the age of the '10/'20 series even have worse screens. The only advantage is the great keyboard/layout for word processing at 14"

The main hard drive is like 5 screws, 4 of which are attaching the drive to the tray.
The other is put in link below and then swapped out with a couple external switches
amazon.com/Highfine-Drive-Caddy-Lenovo-Thinkpad/dp/B01FTYLUHS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1474515842&sr=8-2&keywords=t420 drive
The screen is more complex but pretty doable
thinkwiki.org/wiki/Replacing_T430_screen_with_a_better_one
Honestly for me though while the base panel does kinda suck it's fine for when I can't get on my desktop.

I have 3 batteries for my libre x200. One standard lenovo battery and two extended chink batteries. I can get through a day of normal usage on one extended battery, but I keep the spares in my backpack just in case. My x200 dock has a slot for charging a battery, so I can charge two at once, or even leave one charging at home.

I got the laptop itself from my university's surplus store for $35, and I librebooted it with a raspberry pi. It does everything I need a laptop to do, and runs well with 8GB of RAM and an SSD.

I had trisquel installed, but now I have Debian with no nonfree repos. I wanted to use gNewSense, mainly because of the name, but the latest version(released a couple of months ago) is based on Debian 7.

I hate what Leah is doing to the project, but the great thing about free software is that you don't have to agree with the people that write it or the people that distribute it. I have my copy on my computer, and now I own it, and I can do whatever I want with it, no matter what the creator thinks.

it lasts quite sometime

ugh not only a tripfag but a fucking LoL player, cancer of the highest tiers.

hp elitebook 8470 is better and it's around the same price for a refurbished one

>i5 2.6 ghz processor
>holds up 16 gb of ram

>>shitty specs
not relevant, it's a laptop
>>looks ugly as sin
objectively wrong, form follows function
>>fat and heavy
what kind of manlet cares about the size of their laptops
build quality
>>expensive
literally where are you looking at them
>and yet somehow this is considered great? why?
because they're decent durable laptops that can be easily bought for cheap

Visit /tpg/ before shitposting, shill

This is my first time lurking on Cred Forums and I like how civil you tek-no-logickal people keep it.

>cheap
>durable
>able to play anime
>able to play vidya
>works great with Linux
>great battery
>upgradable
>low profile
>good looking

Its fucking great and I don't see why people hate on them

got the pics? I will love to post them for the mlp fags, they hate this faggot too

>>cheap
yeah, it is a cheap piece of shity with cheap plastic
>>durable
kek, enjoy all your greasy plastic in 2 weeks
>>able to play anime
>implying it's hard to accomplish
>>able to play vidya
>playing on a laptop
>calling hipster 40mb shit games
>>works great with Linux
kek, shitty os for shitty machine/10
>>great battery