Greetings Cred Forums

Greetings Cred Forums
My mother needs to buy a pc for searching jobs and to watch movies, what brand and model would be the right option to go for here? Laptop is preferable and a low price class.
thanks fellas

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Laptop_Mode_Tools
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Get something cheap that has a decent SSD in it. He wont require anything better.

Yeah, I know, I need to filter out the shit brands though, considering a lenovo

Set her up with amd 1gb Graka and 4-8gb of ram, win7 (do NOT install your mother Linux) and a cheap 128gb SSD. CPU something cheap

>do NOT install your mother Linux
why not? my mom is more than happy with ubuntu

Thinkpad t430 or t420 with ubuntu would be great for her then

Normally older people are having are hard time with a OS which doesnt work out of the box

Which is why ubuntu is perfectly fine.

Until it comes to anyhting like installing new Programms, fixing minor things and other stuff.
I got Ubuntu and got Keyboard Problems instantly.

Second hand Lenovo Thinkpad X200 or X220 for ~200 USD, add a 256GB SSD for ~70 USD and if needed some memory for ~40 USD.
They're easy to service, have business grade components as opposed to shitty consumer laptops, parts are easy to come by.

Will run Windows 10 or Linux distro of choice very well, for the latter make sure to install and configure laptop mode tools wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Laptop_Mode_Tools and/or powertop to save power/fan noise.

>job searching
>movie watching
You mean checking on her dating profiles on more than 5 websites because she's looking to get fucked by young studs?

Chromebook. She does need anything more than a glorified web browser.

bruh, my mom is a semi-redpilled old workacoholic who's been through literal hell, layer by layer, she couldn't care less about young studs

Every woman cares about young studs user. Learn your shit.

FUCK, SHE BOUGHT A FUCKING Hewlett Packard, should I make the best of it, get ubuntu or just let it rot?

Young stud search confirmed.

Lenovo are a shit brand.

Their expensive stuff (read 1k+) tends to be good but their lower tier stuff is riddled with issues they just should not have. Don't buy a cheap Lenovo.

>all the issues with the retard tier screens that have nothing but gradient banding across multiple models
>issues with squealing like bitches
>pre-installed malware

etc.

>my mother
>he

just

>red-pilled
Look where it got her

>My mother
My father's wife*

>Cred Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

How about you fuck off?

Do not listen to this moron. Show us your mum, we can provide better assistance if we know what she looks like.

I have already won, sir.

How about you both read the sticky and understand the rules of the board before posting? Do your own research, you're a big boy now. Just ask mommy.

Damn even ur moms a neet lmao

I know the rules, but this is Cred Forums, not a governmental facility for autistic children who couldn't fit the right shape in the right hole in kindergarten.
Luckily for you your father did, but maybe it is for the better of all of us if you do follow these guidelines, just beware that stickies don't apply in the real world, like getting job, getting a girlfriend.
Good riddance, buddy