Is there any actual good mice I can buy that doesn't shit itself in a year? I had a Deathadder, love its shape...

Is there any actual good mice I can buy that doesn't shit itself in a year? I had a Deathadder, love its shape, but that piece of shit started double clicking after a year, and then the middle click stopped working. Bought a Rival to replace it, and it has some fucking terrible grip rubber that disintegrates when you touch it. Is pic related any better? Looks like shit honestly, but if its build quality is actually any good, I'm willing to look past that. I got massive hands, so fingertip is basically the only grip I can use.

Also mice thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock.net/t/854100/gaming-mouse-sensor-list
pcpartpicker.com/products/mouse/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its shit, dont get it. I have one. it has lasted 2 years so far, but I had to unbind the middle mouse button because it stayed clicked on, and it double clicks mouse3 sometimes

So it is indeed just a meme.

Fuck, why is it so hard to just make a fucking mouse with good materials that don't break in a year?

money. the jews can get more shekels if they sell their "gamer mice" for $60 a year instead of a "quality mouse" for $70 once every 15 years

It's well built and comfortable and has the best sensor on the market. If you aren't a super serious gaymer and don't care about it being pretty heavy, asymmetrical, etc, then go for it.

I honestly don't really care about the sensor that much. I pretty much just play Dota and Overwatch, and regular general use, so I don't need anything extremely precise. I just want a mouse that lasts me for more than a year, because both my Deathadder and my Rival lasted almost exactly that time.

Apart from the shape it's been quite good, no double clicking or anything related, quite comfy

Forgot, have been using it for 6 months every day

My middle click broke too but I replaced the switch because I'm a 1337 h4x0r

Best build quality in the market goes to Roccat hands down with Logitech coming in a somewhat distant second. Both have some polarizing shapes though, and in the end comfort is the most important thing. Roccat has only put out one mouse that I know of that had a common quality control problem. Logitech has some serious quality control issues with the last couple mice they've put out (G Pro and G403), and the sad thing is that they're not all necessarily quality control issues, just major design flaws that make the switches feel so shit that people are assuming they're quality control problems. Logitech support is great though and if you end up with a QC problem you can easily get it exchanged, and if you find out it's a design flaw and all the mice in the current production run are fucked (this happened with G303 lens rattle for a long time), you just get a refund.
Roccat very much goes for the gaymer audience and as such they don't even list what sensor or MCU their mouse has, instead they make up their own designations that imply that they're more technologically impressive or that they're not using the same sensors everyone else is. You can see what model has what sensor here: overclock.net/t/854100/gaming-mouse-sensor-list

And for hunting down the best price, pcpartpicker.com/products/mouse/ is very useful.

I'm not from the US, and Roccat is pretty much impossible to find where I live. It's basically just big names like Razer, Steelseries, Logitech and Corsair. I was considering waiting for the G403, which looks very similar to the Deathadder shape which I really like, and it's pretty sad to know it's having issues. I've read about some scroll wheel problems that have been fixed, not sure if there's more stuff going on. My options are pretty much just buy one of the mice I already owned and had problems with, or try Logitech for a change. I'm trying to RMA my Rival, and if that doesn't work, I may get a G502 and hope it doesn't break.

I bought a logitech performance MX back in 2009 or 2010. Still using it today. It's a little bit creaky and the scrolling isn't perfect but 6/7 years for a mouse is pretty good.

If I replaced it it'd be for a Logitech MX Master.

pic related, is it.

>started double clicking
This also happened to me. Don't ever buy from Genesis, fucking shit company, even their keyboards get fucked after 1 year.

Minix 7000
gotta stop sleeping on dat build quality

O.G. tech g500. Best mouse I ever used. It died two days ago because i destroyed it's cable. I ordered replacement cable so it will work again. Buy it. It is the best mouse in the world.
>t. Gamer

I used a logitech m235 for about 4 or 5 years. It's a bit small, but the one I used before that was about half its size so it never bothered me, plus I've adapted sort of a diagonal fingertip grip, so

The only thing that gave in was the scroll wheel, of which the base had broken loose somehow, I glued it back in and continued to use it for quite some time. Then it broke loose again in the end, and while trying to fix it I messed something up that made the buttons unresponsive, so I tossed it.

Got a 2nd gen now, still loving it. Great stuff for its price if you can stand the ergonomics. I guess the dpi might feel too low if you're coming from something like that, though.

One thing I noticed a lot was that all the other mice in this price range have those shitty press-bend battery covers, which break after you've used them 3 times. This one has a proper sliding cover.

I bought mine at the same time. Battery is shite, and the scrolling is very, very unreliable (random scrolling). Looking at the MX Master too, I hope they fixed the scrolling

I don't know if it's because I press too hard, but my Zowie FK 2013 and TWO g303's intermittently have double click issues and it drives me fucking insane when attempting to ADS in an FPS or move my units around in a Grand Strategy.

I would pay a premium for a mouse whose switches were almost guaranteed to not doubleclick after 1 or 2 years of use.

It may not be the switches. On my Deathadder, I fixed the double clicking issues I was having by opening it up and putting some electrical tape at the end of the plastic plunger that hits the switch. It's just shitty materials that get worn down fast.

I have an MX Master and it's the best mouse i've had so far. Scrolling is nice and smooth, like the clicks in the scrolling are reduced - this is great if you're zooming in and out of CAD applications all day but might not be precise enough if you're doing something else like a lot of reading. I'd recommend it as a productivity mouse every time, as for gaming it's nice and comfortable for long sessions but I miss the buttons on the G502 (which i use as my main gaming mouse).

And before you ask no I don't have both mice on the same PC - I use the MX at work and the G502 at home.

This

i had the opposite problem when the middle mouse button stopped working so i binded it to that blank botton on the left side

Sounds plausible since the problem only occasionally appears on my G303. I'll give it a shot next time it happens.

I've owned a lot of mice over the years and nothing has come close to the comfort and precision of this bad-boy. I was pwning on q3a for years until it sadly got thrown away. Is there anything resembling it these days?

Anyone here use a Zowie EC2-A? Was thinking about getting one to replace my dying MX518 (forward button broke, scroll wheel is loud as fuck). Reviews on the Zowie are shitting on it's scroll wheel, kind of turning me off of it even though everything else seems to be just what I want. Are the reviews wrong, or can anyone recommend something similar?

Ive had the same wireless logitech mouse for about 6 years now and its still in pristine condition, also a fresh AA battery lasts about 6 months with constant use.

the same thing happened to my g700 after about a year so I replaced the microswitches and stopped playing osu!

I bought a bunch of chink mice, but they all broke after a while. Chink stuff's very hit and miss with quality - sometimes it's fairly robust.

Anyway, eventually I just bought a G300S. It's got a bunch of additional buttons that aren't in the way, and it just werks. My only qualm is that it's a bit small for my giant hands.

nigga learn to use the keyboard to hit shit in osu instead of the mouse
moving the cursor and clicking fucks you up, if you bind the hit key to your keyboard it's infinitely better, though it takes a bit of getting used to

My G502 doesen't do any of that and it's in daily use more than 14 hours

Tough luck faggots

the goat

My 2014 Deathadder also started double clicking after a year. I now have the G502 and it's pretty good so far. I miss the feel of the DA tho

can anyone recommend an optical mouse for someone with bigger hands?

Get a G402. It's like a G502, but the scroll wheel is better, it's bigger, lighter, and looks much better imo. I use mine with the lights off.

It's good, have it for a 3 years, no complains

>mouse contains non-free firmware
>can't navigate the pizza website
>tfw the botnet wants me to starve

Zowie EC1 - good quality, can't complain so far. And as a fellow huge hand brethren, I can say it even touches my palm a little.
I had a rival before, same problem as you with the rubber parts. Though I heard here the new ones are better in this regard.

MX518

Bought one when it came out and I'm still using it. Never needed anything else. Built like a fucking tank, I can't even recall the number of times it fell or something fell on it.

Good luck finding one though.

>buying new mouse
>clerk says not to bother with A4 - it's cheap chinese crap, get Logitech
>do so, mouse dies in barely a year
>this time try A4 anyway, for comparison
>shit's fallen off the desk a dozen times, hasn't even jammed or anything, going strong for two years now

Yeah, nice jewing there, dude.

So what does Cred Forums think about the G303?

Post pic

Get a corsair scimitar. Or anything from corsair, honestly I've had great experience with them.
Also steelseries simple mice seem to work well.

Did the Corsair Scimitar fix the software yet?

Logitech. Razer is notorious for breaking in under a year.

Outdated. Get the Logitech G pro. It's a G303 with a less retarded shape.

Probably the best option atm since as far as i know all logitech gaymur mice come with the shithouse scrollwheel
sensor is goat

only issues with the g series is the scrollwheel, and the weight of them, and looks i guess
apparently there is a double click issue but that usually is the result of dirt/junk in the switches
ive fixed other mice by cleaning them out

apparently the zowie FK 1 is pretty good for fps shit
a lot of cs pros use them, though that may be due to sponsorships
doesnt look as aids either

if you want a more desktop use oriented mouse the mx master is a better option

Does no one like the g402? Sure it looks like dicks, but it's a more sensible g502 in my opinion. Carries on the mx510/g400 line pretty well I think. It does have the main clicker buttons hanging over the front of the mouse which can sometimes be blocked by something.

I've been using a corsair m65 for almost a year now. It's one of the newer ones with the *new* sail logo.

Only complaint is that sniper button, I've never accidentally pressed it but I still want it gone. I had the m45 but the right clicker became only about 50% functional after 7 months.

I'm starting to think buying a new 45-70$ mouse a year is the price of being part of the mustard race.

>buying a new 45-70$ mouse a year is the price of being part of the mustard race
fuck me that's a sad thing to realize, because it's actually true
I don't know if new mouses are shit, but I remember using the same cheap microsoft intellimouse for 5 years and not having any issues, but every 'gaming' crap I bought dies in almost exactly a year
people flame consolefags because of online subscription, but at least they dont need to buy a new controller every year

Solder on new microswitches from a donor mouse, nigga! Did that to mine a few times now, and it werks perfectly. Fucking newfags not knowing how to repair shit like real men trigger me!!!

I've never seen that before, what is that?

Doesn't Zowie FK and the rest of the Zowie mouses use the bad switches the Huneo or whatever?