OnePlus 3 owners, share your experiences and frustrations

OnePlus 3 owners, share your experiences and frustrations.

Upgraded to OP3 1.5 months ago from nexus 5.
Delivery on schedule, premium feel, battery life around 6-7 hours SOT.
Camera is good, currently running Freedom os without all Google services/botnets.
Never had a problem.

oldfag that doesn't own the one plus three. own the one plus one though and have 6.0.1 on it. runs clean, doesn't give me any problems. still no sd card slot on the new opo. sad.

Had mine for a week. Great except the fact that I can't change the default image viewer/browser.

You are retarded maybe that's why
Wtf are you even doing on this board

??????

Upgraded to OP3 1.4 months ago from an S4.
Dash Charging is great, SOT is decent for a day's use and the amount of roms is lovely.

Got mine yesterday. Delivery service was absolute shit but the phone itself is good, quick as fuck, nice screen and cameras.

Man if the op3 had front facing speakers and a finger print sensor on the back I'd buy the thing so bloody fast

Have fingerprint on back and can honestly say fingerprint on thw front is way better.
Like for example the only time i feel like the sebsor is actually usefull is when the phone is on the table. Thats when i use it so i dont have to pick my phone up everytime. Cant do that when its on the back.

Sorry mate but I usually get my phone from my pockets where the back is easier and front facing speakers are important to me, but I understand your opinion

Did OnePlus marketing team decide to specifically target Cred Forums to shill their products?

It gets a disproportionate amount of positive feedback on Cred Forums - suspocious as fuck.

Is it true that one plus is going to merge their 2 OS together?

OP1 reporting

OxygenOS is a wet dream, its nowhere near as customizable as CM but it's fast and sooo smooth

Super happy with this phone, had it for 2 years and expecting to have it for another 2

I'm glad I fell for the flagship meme

It's the best phone out there, I highly recommend it. Sorry your pajeet ass can't afford it. Go play with your dumbphone you cuck

I can see the grid / pixel layout from 30cm away from the screen. Literally it's biggest flaw is the horrible display.

Really happy with it, it is a solid phone

I an on CM myself and I have to say I like it very much and it's damn smooth on my OPO. What are the benefits of Oxygen?

Is the screen as good as most other flagships? I've seen a lot of people saying that it's much lower quality (in terms of pixel density) than most flagships.

Simpler, less glitchy, and more responsive but you lose some of the options in settings

OnePlus 3 or Nexus 5X?

Definitely OP3 man

>unironically purchasing a phone with a horrendous screen

Y i k e s

Below is what I'm talking about

But what if OnePlus fucks up their OS and I can't get newest Android releases straight from Google?

Why is the op3 screen bad guys? colors, brightness, resolution? isn't it at least oled

Is that worth sacrificing all the OP3 has to offer over the 5x?

Resolution/Matrix
It's a PenTile design, which appears much grainier and blurrier than an RGB would

I think the OnePlus 3 looks great, especially for th price but I can get the 5X 32GB for $250 and it will get updates right from Google.

Do whatever you think is best, the pixel phones should be announced soon aswell

aren't all the samsung displays from the galaxy s3 on pentile aswell? my note 4 is great but thats probably from the high res

nevermind. your reply pointed me into the right direction, thanks.

So OP3 screen confirmed shit?

Screen is shit, all blacks look the fucking same when the screen is dimmed. Other then that it's a great phone would recommend

basically yes. a 1080p amoled on 5.5" is not enough, since the display is pentile. low maximum brightness. basically everything you don't want. also the color accuracy isn't great.

at 401ppi does it make that much of a diference?

Looks way less sharp then my N4 (768p 16:10, 4.7"), and the grid is annoying at times if you're not used to it.

the fuck is wrong with people saying that OP3 has a shit screen? I mean what the fuck are you going to do to be in need of a super accurate rgb pallette? Do fucking printing design jobs on it? Why not ask for a CMYK emulation then too you cucks. I had this phone for 3 weeks now and the screen is more than good.

>Is the screen as good as most other flagships? I've seen a lot of people saying that it's much lower quality (in terms of pixel density) than most flagships.

It's not as sharp as 1440p displays but it's got great color accuracy if you use sRGB mode.

Also max brightness is weak.

sorry i dont see any options here, do you?

the only way i can use the non-default browser is to select it on the left when the default one opens

Im still on 5.1.1 on my OPO because everything just works.. Apart from android pay.

Gonna get a pixel or a note7 this fall, though.

>battery life around 6-7 hours SOT
How do people get this kind of battery life unless your screen on time is just sitting on the home screen doing fuck all? I've never had a phone get consistently 5 hours SOT, best I've had is my 6P with its 3500mah battery at 4-5 hours SOT.

It really depends on how you use the phone.
I get 8+ hours of screen on time with an encrypted OP3 if I use WiFi and don't do much more than clover and messaging.

Both have no microSD slot so there's not much of a difference

What do I gain from installing CM on the OP3?

It is a piece of shit, just get HTC instead.

More Customization than Oxygen OS but a little buggy.

>HTC

What is this, 2010?

>OnePlus 3 owners, share your experiences and frustrations.
I bought it but soon found out that it contains non-free software.

Literally the AMD of smartphones. Just let them die already.

>can't find a flaw
>start memeing this hard
you're both either a samshit or aplel fans

Wi-Fi is still hit or miss

Mic when recording video is fucking terrible (not fixed on 3.2.6)

Has some built in volume adjustment when using built in speakers which is the most annoying thing in the world

Snapchat preforms terrible on it (inb4 its just bad on android, its worse on OP3 than any other phone)

Rest of the phone is great, overall I would give it a 7/10. There are a few things they have cut the quality of to keep price down but overall its pretty solid.

like, what customisation options?

Autism...

are camera photos blurry like with opo?

>cant make an argument
>uses da dank mey mey picture to prove his point XD
Fuck off to the retarded board you came from.

7 hours SOT of normal use and it could do better without openvpn draining a lot of battery but sadly there's no better choice atm.

Custom Boot Animations, Theme Engine, Custom actions for physical buttons, etc.

All of this can be summed up with: oxygen os is shit.
Install cyanogenmod and enjoy literally the best phone on the market which also costs way less than the competition.

Apart from Wifi become worse
There is no point using camera on CM, so I guess that fixes the mic problem
Does it fix the speaker volume adjustment?
snapchat is fixed on the 3.5.2 build

I don't see the problem with WiFi nor the camera in cm13.
Speaker volume adjustment is a non issue in cm13, never had what you describe.
Oxygen is fucked up and always been, there is no point in using it if you can flash cm.

>a 1080p amoled on 5.5" is not enough
Note 3 owner here, which has a 5.7" 1080p amoled pentile display.
You are what is wrong with phones today, do you just HATE battery life? It looks just fine unless you press your nose against the screen.

Redmi Pro Note 3 better

Fuck u chibaman

I like it, not having a 1440p screen isn't really a dealbreaker for me, 1080 is fine.
Battery gets through the day no problem, as long as I'm not playing any gayms on it, which I don't.
The camera is very good, takes better pictures than my friend's iPhone 6S Plus, although that could be because he's shit at taking pictures.
It's pretty fast, at least compared to other phones I've tried in the past. Dunno in direct comparison to like the S7 Edge or anything.
People are always wow'd when I tell them it has 6GB of RAM.
No microSD makes me sad, but I mean 64GB internal is cool too.

Are you implying the op3 isn't chink shit as well?

No he's right you need to get a program then assign it.

>Went from H7 to S7

>Wishing I got another Honor phone

What the fuck Cred Forums everyone told me the s7 was good

Would buy one in a heartbeat if it had an sd card slot, 64gb isn't enough for me, and not trying to use some clould shit

You fell for the samshit meme

I'm gonna jump on the Honor Note 8 bandwagon because it is just so big and sexy

does dash charge wark on cm or other roms?

I have a OPO and when I open SC there is green banding in the camera live feed. ridiculous.

L A M Y
A
M
Y

>6.6 inches

does it come with a purse to carry it around in?

Is it better than Sultan's cm13? I'm sort of doubtful

i have problem to pick one of these
op3
or axon 7
most of you could say op3 because of software
but axon 7 will have soon cm13 support.
or still can pick zuk z2 pro.
Meh.... there is no phone that im hyped to get instantly

No, its proprietary

Zenfone 3 Deluxe

Yes it does, oneplus released the source code like 2 months ago.
does not know what he is talking about.

They did? It was proprietary at launch, havent looked at it since.

The best is actually the iPhone 7.

>hisilicon
>no ROMs
Trash.

Any experience with the customer support of oneplus? Especially RMA stuff.

I have an OP3. The screen is "fine". Just "fine". The pixel layout is noticeable if you look at it from about 15cm away. The screen is very saturated but this is fixed with sRGB mode, but the whites are very lightly too yellow. Otherwise the colors are Anandtech-approved accurate. If your autism allows it then the screen should be alright.

My other complaint is a very noisy vibration motor. It's pretty weak as well, but I'm rooted so I made vibrations 20% stronger, which fixed my issue. Still noisy though.

No other problems. Except that if you care about camera quality at all you'll have to stay on OxygenOS.

had my oneplus 3 for a few months now, it's great. really pleased about the dual 4g standby functionality AND it doesn't chew through the battery like my moto g 2nd gen did when dual sim-ing.

dash charging is neat, along with the large battery life has changed my charging habit. no longer charging every night, more like just hooking it up whilst I'm at work for half an hour every few days.

never had a finger print sensor, that shit is convenient as fuck too.

all in all, is bretty gud

what program? let me guess, it doesnt exist unless you root

He means another app (eg. get another browser and assign that as default)

its not actual 401 ppi, because of the lower count of blue subpixels.

You might want to compare subpixels per inch.

How can I install CyanogenMod on my op3 ??

XDA and other forums have a lot of guides on that

Have you never used Android before?

Use Sultan's ROM instead.

>the fuck is wrong with people saying that OP3 has a shit screen?
Because it has a trash pixel arrangement
>I mean what the fuck are you going to do to be in need of a super accurate rgb pallette?
It's good to have accurate colors, even just for shitposting, that's not the issue here though
>Do fucking printing design jobs on it?
A lot of people use their phones to showcase designs, the media creation meme on mobile devices started by the iPad is still quite strong
>Why not ask for a CMYK emulation then too you cucks.
A color subsystem is long overdue in mobile, Apple has taken steps towards it but they are still not doing jack shit

Yes. And according to Ampere, I get better charging than on stock. On oxygenOS I got around 2800ish mA on average, on cm I get 3500+ mA on average. I dont know though if it's just faulty reporting or what.

Frustrations? No stylus like my note 4(which I hated the phone in general).

Phones with all of this power but I still have no common easy way to draw a circle around something in a picture or edit photos or change colors accurately without a stylus or mouse.

For only having a 3000mah battery it lasts quite some type.

SO FUCKING REFLECTIVE ON THE SCREEN. Watching TV at work in a close office with no overhead directly light and all I can see is my arm hair and watch.

Only OnePlus charger has dash charge even though they sell other high quality 4A chargers on the market.

Other than that and no microsd there really isn't too much to complain.

this is how it's letting me upload pictures in clover
it opens the default file manager and i have to select it on the left
this happens in other apps, it doesnt give me an option it just opens the default