Why to learn rust when you can learn C?

Why to learn rust when you can learn C?

Bump for similar interest

C is ancient, rust is modern.

Because a hipster website told me that it's better than ancient shit like java, c++ or c#

C is well supported, rust isn't.

Rust will go the way of D.

Because newfags can't be bothered to learn how machines actually work and rather take the easy route.

Your faget mom is ancient too but she still does the job

But my D doesn't fuck anything

Obviousely C++ is shit and while C is a cool language that gives you great power OOP languages mostly work better when working with a team.

And what way is that your talking about?

It's got promise. But any new lower level language is going to get vastly fewer people being able to use it than a new JS framework, or a new and hip language like Swift.

I personally have not bothered looking into Rust much, especially now that the initial hype is over and Servo is still so far away. Some libraries in certain places were being ported to Rust, but other than these projects I can but vaguely remember, I don't know if there's much work done in Rust yet.

Where C, C++, Java, JS, C# and Swift all have their platforms, Rust does not have anything yet. Though it could be a good career investment if it takes off, I would suggest investing more time into more established languages.

Why to learn C when you can just write bytecode?

>And what way is that your talking about?
Stick around for a while but not never really getting any traction.

I don't see how that's relevant here.
Rust promises an easier alternative to C, C is more widely used. Positive, negative.
What would you get out of using bytecode?

So rust is like modern C?

Sort of.

How will I overflow stacks and fail segmentation then?
Could you give a quick review what Rust can do and what can't in comparison to C?

>I personally have not bothered looking into Rust much, especially now that the initial hype is over and Servo is still so far away.
>Rust *promises* an easier alternative to C

But you can't base promises upon nothing, can you?

C is ancient like the headphone jack is ancient, Apple scum.

It makes you more productive and the language is designed to help you avoid errors with no cost.

You can use both in the same time.

Essentially no one is hiring rust programmers. If you want to learn a language with a very limited job market, try Golang.

Rust will never get traction because of the retarded syntax.
>&'static string
Nigga, we 2016.