So is "botnet" like an inside joke or something?

So is "botnet" like an inside joke or something?

It's outside joke, you can't set up the botnet in the intranet.

Botnet is real

botnet is a key word for boipucci
Post yours

>newfag detected

>being this naive

:^)

> ubuntu
> botnet
yeah sure...

>ubuntu
>and of course... amazon.com

(You)

MikroTik is best networking shit

Literally everything is here, What do you privacy fags use i wonder aside from gentoo

Chrome, chromeOS, Windows 10, sucks down keystrokes and user files. It's literally malware baked into the OS kernel.

Their is nothing wrong with the Ubuntu variants.

Fedora Fused.

plain old fedora for the less tech savvy,
qubes for the paranoid

>So is "botnet" like an inside joke or something?
Oh it's inside alright -- inside everything. Only it's no joke! Only you can prevent botnet!

It's just a term used by Cred Forums because they can't use the correct terms to identify malicious or intrusive software

>Foobar is a botnet

I hate this meme created by jealous Linux fags because they see a perfectly functional piece of software that just werks that happens to only be available for Windows.

>ubuntu
>but no RHEL distros or any of the systemD distros in general

dumb archposter

foobar being there is a meme

>Cred Forums circa 2011
>botnet meme in its infancy
>some retard inspects foobar's packets
>finds out it connects to China or some shit
>everyone spergs out
>later on it's revealed that it wasn't foobar that was connecting to China but one of the music tab plugins that idiot had installed on it

>unity
>not botnet

>only available for Windows
>

Happy for you, user, but Steam and uTorrent are already on Linux I'm pretty sure.

>foobar
>already on Linux
reee

Turning the term botnet into a meme was a clever and effective, though morally pathetic diversion by microsoft's chinese cartoon board shilling task force to minimize the embarrasment caused by the actual definition of the term "botnet". And said embarrasment being the fact that it's easier to take a linux server off line by overloading it with requests from an army consisting of thousands of compromised windows machines than it is to attack and compromise a linux server directly.

damn, google has my dick pics

Botnet is a blanket term for malware, spy ware, ad ware and data mining software. About 3/4 of everything online is a botnet in some way.

What about a distro loaded onto a Chromebook through Crouton?

That's actually a ddos

Botnet is real.

Read any closed source program's privacy policy. Depending on the company, it says they will collect your information and how they use it.

Kind of.
Like all the best memes, it's half-true, half-ridiculous.

That's not what a botnet is.

>tfw most of that shit is not used in your region
feels good :^)

>Safari on Ubuntu