Explain me something, Cred Forums

Explain me something, Cred Forums.

How is law enforcement supposed to stop terrorists if they aren't able to read their communications due to encryption?

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptovirology.com/cryptovfiles/newbook/Chapter10.pdf
geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/01/07/iq-is-mostly-inherited-new-research-suggests/
youtube.com/watch?v=nXe4gy_ABf8
youtube.com/watch?v=0VgWiHQi81k
youtube.com/watch?v=WrKteSrZJbY
youtube.com/watch?v=QMt4wkqZzKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NlRfACY4pow
youtube.com/watch?v=XEVlyP4_11M
huffingtonpost.com/d-robert-worley/judicial-activism-and-the_b_2412471.html
youtu.be/6RNKtwAGvqc
thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/christian-attacks.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jesus christ
The terrorists post their shit on fucking facebook and twitter and not a single lea gives a fuck

There were a few pics were some guys were seen killing some other guys in Syria or whateveristan, and later they took some selfies infront of some german store once they arrived as poor refugees

>a new country, a new me
Literally 0 consequences

Terrorists and criminals will find a way to keep their shit secret, no matter what. Making bullshit laws like making encryption illegal mostly hurts citizens, not the terrorists.

Don't accept muslim immigrants.
Done, no more terrorism

Only Americans can be this dumb.

Giving law enforcement back door access will do nothing but be abused. Terrorists aren't stupid and will evade detection while communicating regardless. Also, how many times do they actually prevent an attack? Seems like half the time an attack occurs we later find out they were flagged and on everyone's radar. If that is the case, how to the fuck did you not stop it?

Good actors will be vulnerable without proper encryption. Backdoors will always work in favor of bad actors.

I don't want Nicholas Cage to have access to my backdoor

because you're gay

Nice meme, drumpftard, but without first entirely changing our foreign policy we'd never get rid of terrorism.

>if you don't agree that we should keep bombing the only people fighting ISIS and even keep supplying ISIS with weapons, then you must be from reddit

you can probably gather enough information by analysing meta-data and headers, those arent encrypted as far as im aware

No you're from reddit because you unironically said drumpf

Any terrorist can just download GPG or PGP and set the key length to max.
Every site in the world has those programs. Trying to forbid them is like trying to forbit oxygen.
No alphabet organization can crack 4096-bit encryption, not even close. The chance is about the same as a mosquito swallowing the sun.
So all the legislation does is, make life shitty for normal people.

That's his real name, retard.

>So all the legislation does is, make life shitty for normal people.
This is exactly what will happen. It's an excuse for law enforcement and the government to have easy access to surveillance. Not to mention nation states eventually finding the back doors and exploiting it too.

This whole "stop terrorism" thing is fucking ridiculous.
Yes it's an issue, but it equates to hardly anything in terms of overall crime in America. We've had, what, 3 or 4 terrorist attacks in the past two years?
Meanwhile we have niggers and white trash murdering and robbing people daily, monthly school shootings, etc. Why are these more prevalent issues simply being overlooked?
I'm not saying that terrorism doesn't exist; it does exist and it is a problem but it's so minor in scale when compared to other things that the amount of attention it gets just makes no sense.

>Any terrorist can just download GPG or PGP and set the key length to max.
And you seem to be OK with that.

>it's hard, so we shouldn't try to do it
That doesn't even deserve an answer.

>It's an excuse for law enforcement and the government to have easy access to surveillance.
Nice conspiracy theory.

>Not to mention nation states eventually finding the back doors and exploiting it too.
Asymmetric backdoors by definition can only be used by the ones who planted them, you fucktard. You should have stayed in school.

Cred Forums is not some right wing haven
we only kept Cred Forums around as a containment board, your own little concentration camp, just for you!

>And you seem to be OK with that.

of course not, but that's the fact and no one can stop it.
No on can stop murderers and paedophiles from using roads either - should we ban roads?

>no one can stop it
Not with that attitude.

you must be a mordechaiist

Not him but

It's mathematically impossible to avoid it. Planting backdoors will only and inevitably end up with everybody knowing the backdoors.

not with any attitude, it's simply physically impossible

Spotted the NSA shill

>ban roads?
yes, but for other reasons.

The same way they'd stop terrorists if they aren't able to read their communication because they hand out written notes.

Encryption primitives are readily available open source, which means that the government can backdoor all the social media they like and terrorists can just use open source and free methods of using hardened encrytpion.

Which means all government wants to do is spy on its own uses under the guise that it's after terrorists.

>What are asymmetric backdoors?

Gee, if you know jack shit about cryptography, then why are you even commenting about it?

I expect that they already have access to encrypted communication. Otherwise I could not explain why they can catch any hacker after two or three days. But in times of cyber wars I expect it is better to pretend that you are incapable. Im pretty sure tor,ssl and tls can be decrypted in emergencies.

Found the libertarian!

>tor,ssl and tls can be decrypted

aww, so naive, he thinks tor is about encryption

That's not true at all.

cryptovirology.com/cryptovfiles/newbook/Chapter10.pdf

>What are asymmetric backdoors?
Pretty toys until the key leaks or is given away because the red tape tugs

>11 years old

into the trash it goes

Hey Mr Oliver

RSA is 49 yo and you're still using it.

How did they stop terrorism in the US in early 1900s?

And yes before anyone brings it up there was plenty of terrorism

Actually, most of ISIS' plans were carried out by people who were either already in the country, or people who weren't muslim or arab but just converted.

I guess it's cool to blame everything on the refugees though.

retard logic:

>cancer (muslims) spreading causing untold disruption
>let's keep them here because fuck donald trump
>i'm soooooooo not racist. vote hillary

non-american here

How about not accepting muslim immigrants AND installing secular puppet dictatorships around the middle east? (You know, the ones you got rid of in the first place and fucked everything up). You cannot create a functional democracy in a region with average IQ of 75-80.

Its the same way not all Nazis were German, and not all Germans were Nazis.

>strawman

>fallacy fallacy

>You cannot create a functional democracy in a region with average IQ of 75-80.
>installing secular puppet dictatorships around the middle east

>implying IQ is genetic
>implying democracy is a good thing
>implying secularism isn't what those organized groups are fight against in the first place

Yes, but my point was that most ISIS members are people who are already in the country. I know that not all muslims are terrorists, but that's beside my point. If you really wanna remove terrorism at its very core, then send armed troops to demolish their bases, but America's too afraid to do that in fear of getting called out for using weapons. The only countries who had the balls to fight back against ISIS were Egypt and Russia. Fuck trying to negotiate with these goatfuckers, they've proved time and time again that they don't want to talk.

>implying IQ is not genetic

>memes

IQ mainly is genetic (inherited).

geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/01/07/iq-is-mostly-inherited-new-research-suggests/

>pwned
>thanks for playing, retard

Unfortunately America won't do that until a substantial attack is executed. Think 9/11 type of attack.

>all these strongly opinionated comments from people obviously completely oblivious to what's really going on in the Middle East

Please, at least inform yourselves first!

youtube.com/watch?v=nXe4gy_ABf8

youtube.com/watch?v=0VgWiHQi81k

youtube.com/watch?v=WrKteSrZJbY

youtube.com/watch?v=QMt4wkqZzKQ

youtube.com/watch?v=NlRfACY4pow

Funny you should mock him in a thread about privacy, given that the left is the one defending our 4th amendment rights, while Drumpf is the one who wants to ban encryption and spy on everyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=XEVlyP4_11M

I wish the political right cared about the 4th amendment as much as they cared about the 2nd amendment.

>Inform yourselves first!
>By listening to this totally not biased guy talk about things from his own point of view

Ok.

Rightists are too dumb to interpret the constitution. They don't understand either amendments. Rightism is a disease.

huffingtonpost.com/d-robert-worley/judicial-activism-and-the_b_2412471.html

Because you are not biased and surely are not talking from your own point of view, right?

Republican VA State Sen. Dick Black has actually been to Syria. Have you been to Syria?

Patriarch Gregory was born in Damascus and has seen first-hand what's going on in his own country. How about you?

>republican

>Have you been to Syria?

Yes I actually have and I have friends and family who went there (and some of them currently reside there, still). They agree that the country is corrupt, but they do not agree with America's point of view. All the Syrians I've met want America to stay out of Syria, they don't want them to solve the problem, most of them say that America just keeps supplying them with weapons and then leaves.

Keep in mind, the entirety of the middle east hates America with a passion. They won't actually show it to people, but deep down they hate anything American, because to them all your country ever did was supply terrorists with oil and weapons.

Trump is actually going to make America safe again, and the backdoors are only meant to be used with a warrant, so it doesn't really break the 4th amendment. Now fuck off back to plebbit.

Oh, so you're a shitskin too? Good, keep hating on us, success breeds jealousy.

It doesn't matter what you low-IQ subhumans think we should or shouldn't do, Trump is going to put boots on the ground in Syria and kill all you fucking terrorists.

Stay mad that we are free and you're not.

>you: i can has channel
>agent goodman: nice channel, let me plant a backdoor in case daesh wants to use it
>y: ok but please don't tell anybody
>ag: you bet :^)

>vladimir: nice backdoor goodman, give me a copy of the key in case daesh wants to use the channel
>ag: ok but please don't tell anybody
>v: u srs m8?
>ag: lol jk knock yourself out
>v: lol kthx

>kim: nice backdoor vlad, give me a copy of the key in case agent goodman wants to use the channel
>v: ok, knock yourself out
>k: lol kthx

And that's the story of how user signed his rights away and got spied on by Kim because he trusted Agent Goodman's toys

>I don't know how encryption works: The Post
Before Cred Forums came up, what did you use to do to embarrass yourself?

Have you felt attracted to black dick for long?

Normal old fashion police work, infiltrating the groups and becoming one of them, then you get access to their encrypted chats.

Are you under the impression keys can't be stolen?

Yes, and without backdoors.
Think I'll keep it that way too.

>>I don't know how encryption works: The Post
>t. user who believes agent goodman will never betray me

Or worse, sold:

Just in the point

Terrorists use encryption, antivirus, locks, cars, food, water, phones, internet, clothes, beds, medicine, we should ban all these things

ITT: mad muslim brotherhood paid shills shilling for encryption.

electricity and oxygen too

ITT: agent goodman shilling for backdoors

the 4th amendment is more broken than me

>Trump is going to put boots on the ground in Syria
yeah baby and the mexicans will pay for that too?

>backdoors are only meant to be used with a warrant :^)
You forgot the caret smiley
Also you forgot the part where the keys are then sold to Russia who sells them to Best Korea

>ISIS just deposited £1 into your bank account

>asymmetric encryption is completely safe and theres no conceivable way anyone could obtain it

>encryption is completely safe and theres no conceivable way anyone could obtain it
FTFY

>or people who weren't muslim or arab

You daft idiot, ISIS will just as easily get hold of the backdoor keys via the Saudis. With backdoors, everybody loses.

EVERYBODY

>w-we would just get your keys either way...
Fuck, ISIS shills literally grasping at straws at this point.

>or people who weren't muslim or arab but just converted
t. redditor

Stop fucking lying

Also, if people had listened instead of letting sandniggers in back when they wouldn't be in the country

Muslim immigrants contributes nothing of worth and are a huge burden on the country they invade

>>ISIS
>>we
did you just call me a fucking mudslime, you stupid ameritard?

>implying IQ is genetic
Found the inbred

IQ is genetic

>Cred Forums is not some right wing haven
summerfag, please go

Re: Backdoors for Dummies
youtu.be/6RNKtwAGvqc

You're obviously too young to remember Cred Forums some 8 years ago.

This place was everything rightists despise.

Boy, how things change...

>How is law enforcement supposed to stop terrorists if they aren't able to read their communications due to encryption?
Don't let muslims into the country, deport the muslims who are already here. Problem solved.

>yet another drumpftard
See

watch from 3:00 to 4:00 if nothing else

by not toppling over elected governments on the other side of the world

>See
I don't see how 9/11 would have happened if there were no arabs/muslims allowed in the country.

>yet another moron who thinks killing infidels is isolated.

That would actually not be an example of the asymmetrical backdoors mentioned by Agent Goodman's bitch.
Please goto 6:00 - 7:05
>But, now, if the FBI succeeded in compelling Apple to provide a golden key for Apple products in the US courts, and Apple then make that golden key and use it only once, then Teresa May (UK Home Secretary) can put a secret order on Apple in the UK saying, "We would really rather like to have one of these golden keys, too please. Kindly deliver it to GCHQ within the next 30 days or goto jail, and you may not tell anybody that you've given us this golden key."
>And what's going to happen, then, is that the French will do the same. Do Apple give a key to the French? Well, perhaps, because the French are a civilized country and a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council and so on.
>And then the Italians will want one, too. And–now hang on a minute, Silvio Berlusconi was in cahoots with the Mafia for many years and abused state facilities to do the Mafia's bidding–do you really want to give it to the Italians? Well, perhaps, given European structures, you have to.
>And, if you give it to the Italians, the Greeks want one.
>And then the Egyptians want one.
>And then the Saudis want one.
>And, pretty soon, just about everybody except the government of North Korea has got a golden key to your iPhone.

Combine with my examples above on how it would indeed get to North Korea too, and then to Daesh

they weren't going to find them through their messages anyway. they don't have the data crunching to pick out terrorist messaging.
the intel they could have gotten, that was cold stored, could have been stored in any number of other ways that apple or anyone else for that matter could have never gotten literally ever.
I'm getting tired of these threads.

>yet another moron who has no reading comprehension and argues with strawmen

If killing infidels isn't isolated... THEN WHY THE FUCK DO WE KEEP GIVING THEM WEAPONS?

>If killing infidels isn't isolated... THEN WHY THE FUCK DO WE KEEP GIVING THEM WEAPONS?
So they kill the other infidels i.e. not us
Also as 9/11 showed they don't really need weapons just box cutters and a few plane tickets. Or in Nice, a truck. This is why you don't let muslims in your country
>b-b-but they'll just convert locals
Gonna be a lot harder to do without physical access to locals let me assure you.

terrorists who know what they're doing will be able to encrypt stuff no matter how illegal you make it. Any efforts to block it only harm the general population.

>How is law enforcement supposed to stop terrorists if they aren't able to read their communications due to encryption?
That's their job. It's my job to ensure my confidential information remains confidential, which means encrypting it.

If LEA can't do their job because of encryption maybe we should just defund them because obviously they're worthless if they can only do their job by trampling all over the freedoms we're paying them to protect

this.

Law enforcement doesn't do their job even when encryption is a non-factor.

Once they do that job, we can have this discussion again.

You think apple encryption is tough? Check out my quantum encryption!!

>strawman

thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/christian-attacks.aspx

Wow, these are just christian targets. No political motives. Such tolerance, suck peace.

Switzerland speaking. Actually, over here, they regularly catch some guys planning attacks, or at least the media pretend so.
And ironically, we have some of the strictest privacy laws.

Did you really feel the need to draw this? Have you been formally diagnosed?

Every terrorist attack on our soil that has been foiled has been done through good old investigation techniques within the bounds of our Constitution. You would have had a case if there were attacks that were stopped by back doors and invasion of privacy.

i had it laying around from when i did a similar explanation for a tech-illiterate friend of mine

>That's his real name, retard.
You know that people can change their names?
In fact Trump himself didnt change his name but his ancestors after arriving in America from Germany.

If you get angry about calling a mentally ill guy who chopped of his dick "he" then you should better not become a giant hypocrite and call other people by names their grandfathers had.

I like it, user.

Has the NSA shill given up and made a new thread yet. It's so fucking obvious what's going on when the same damn thing gets posted over and over and over again.

Thanks

Sorry about the photo quality though

>yet another strawman
Why do you keep arguing with me as if I was defending muslims? You either are too dumb and lack reading comprehension or too smart and know you can't beat my argument so you have to misrepresent it.

>guy suggests not letting dangerous mudslimes in
>insult him

Gee, I wonder where anyone would get that impression.

>So they kill the other infidels i.e. not us
So you're okay with this ? Fellow Christians being slaughtered?

I see, so you're really just dumb and lack reading comprehension.

Guy said it suffices to ban muds to beat terrorism. I said not even close, if we don't fix our foreign policy first and foremost nothing will do.

I bet you feel so silly now.

>all muslims are dangerous
>implying terrorism isn't just a pretense and Trump's actual motives are their skin colour

RACISTS LEAVE REEEEEEE!!!!

I haven't implied any of that.

Secular dictators were keeping the islamist groups in check, although they were sometimes brutal. Still, go ask some regular oldtimer from Iraq or Libya whether life was better under Hussein/Gaddafi, or now when their countries turned practically into Somalia 2.0.

Everything could have been fine if western countries and US didn't pretend to give a fuck about civil liberties in some third world shitholes and instead gave support to guys like Gaddafi to keep the place in order.

Fixing foreign policy doesn't stop mudslimes killing. Fixing it doesnt stop the administration letting anyone walk across the southern boarder. It doesnt stop them flying muds in to the country while banning any Christians from those countries from escaping. Mudslimes dont care about foreign policy. They just want to kill. As you are an intelligent person, you already know that so you just insulted a guy for suggesting we keep dangerous psychopaths from entering the country, which means you support them.

Wow, you are actually defending that we keep giving ISIS weapons, all while attempting to make it look like I am the one defending them. How much did the Saudis pay you to shill for them here?

Fucking this.

>if we stop handing out to them the weapons they use to kill us, they won't stop killing us
>if we stop giving them training and resources to fly airplanes, they won't stop flying airplanes into our buildings

Americans, everyone!

That would imply that I support the current administration. Which wants to and is arming ISIS and importing terrorists. If you have any evidence that Trump has suggested we arm ISIS, you can post situations now.

>or people who weren't muslim or arab but just converted.
That's a complete lie though
Kill yourself

>That would imply that I support the current administration
Not at all! Guess who doesn't support the current administration but is just as guilty for all of this?

How do you know he doesn't support the current administration? Didn't think the Bushes did until recently. Just one more cog of the globalist agenda.

BTW, these are the people you want to give "secure backdoors" too. Just kill your self now and save people like my self who actually like freedom the hassle of fighting your comfy slavery. Just because you are bored of being free.

Gee, maybe it's the fact that he doesn't deliver particularly sweet adjectives towards Obama's admistration, in particular Obama's foreign policy.

You are the one defending Trump, you fucking moron. I have never defended "regulating" encryption.

1. Stop fucking with the Middle East
2. Secure the borders
3. Deport the illegals
4. Execute terrorists, exile sympathizers even if they're nationals (a time honored method to deal with troublemakers)

5. Honest citizens enjoy both security AND privacy

Well with this im going to bed. There is only one candidate that is causing the elitist from all sides to shit them selves. You can pretty much trace who is really on whos sides by the uproar.

Why because of that one time with apple? So now Trump is pushing a mandatory backdoor for all devices, according to you. Trump can actually get better and you know where you stand with him. Cant say that about the rest of them.

But user if you kill your enemies they win

Only in Canada.

>banning math

Obtain a warrant signed by a judge.
Place a keylogger on the target machine once the warrant is lawfully obtained.
Don't pretend you don't have access to all of the vulnerabilities through the NSA.

keylogger != backdoor

Also, just curious, how will you plant a keylogger on a device on which you don't have your hands?

1. I never said anything about backdoors. But if you have a keylogger on their device, you don't need a backdoor. You can see everything they type.

2. Same way they managed to bag a bunch of pedos on Tor -- Javascript vulnerabilities. How do you think the FBI manages to capture any criminals? By taking advantage of human stupidity.

Law enforcement doesnt stop terrorists retard

9/11 was planned by the us government so

That's fine, I was just making sure you weren't the other panacea-toting faggot

You misspelled Mossad.

No, flowers do, right?

Hippies pls fuck off

Terrorism is an idea. Just like the war on drugs doesnt work, neither does the war on terror

>right-wingers are stupid!
>posts a link from fucking huffpo, maybe the dumbest, most out of touch rag on the entire internet

Bravo, idiot

Targeted surveillance.

Are they muslim? Watch them closely. Terrorists have more warning signs than fucking text messages.

It's not wrong to discriminate based on ideology. I'm sure the KKK and their neo-nazi friends would be just as deeply offended if the cops kept a close eye on them.

>'scuse me officer but this is 'merica and we here preaching the true word of god against the sons of cain and them kikes there that murdered our jesus! this here operation is relah-jass biggah tree!

>they were, uhuh, a protected minority

>genetic fallacy

The pendulum is swinging back to the right pal, not only here but other places as well. Why? Because the left's ideology is becoming more and more insane and destructive by the day, and people with any amount of common sense are getting tired of it.

Get out of your bubble some time and maybe you'll realize that

>Keep in mind, the entirety of the middle east hates America with a passion. They won't actually show it to people, but deep down they hate anything American, because who cares

This is exactly why they shouldn't be allowed over here

>nazism
>right-wing

Your Russian penmanship is pretty bad

I am indeed aware of that

>guilt by association
le superior right wing logicks everybody

They should have thought about that before they let the actual terrorists in after deciding to target the fabled and illusive "white male domestic terrorist" on a chinese takeout animated picture menu website . Now we're supposed to give up privacy for their humiliating fuckups

I'm not him, but I infer he's saying your source is untrustworthy. Should I suggest you take some reading comprehension lessons?

Are you asking if it is? Because it is... eugenics is almost by definition a right-wing ideology

Oh dear, I hope you were just pretending to be retarded!

Stop letting Muslims into the country.
Infiltrate terrorist groups and take them down from the inside.
Actually investigate when someone calls the FBI and says their son might be planning a terror attack.

first, I am not the other guy.

second, you should infer that his claim has no value in of itself. the source is not untrustworthy purely because it's HuffPo. and no, I'm not defending the publication at all.

there's nothing inherently (un)trustworthy about a fucking editorial.

>are you sure these opinions are legit???

the entire notion is stupid.

I hate to generalize, but never have I seen a community so thoroughly rape the concept of rationality whilst simultaneously claiming to have monopoly over it.

You can encrypt and decrypt 100% mathematically unbreakable messages using nothing more than pencil and paper. Anyone can write a simple, easily-verifiable digital version of this method with no comp sci skills at all. Anyone who has ever touched a Python interpreter and can google things can do it.

You're a baby and an idiot if you think the nazis fit into the left-right meme

But if you want to stick to that meme (and you probably have no other choice because you're stupid) various leftwing governments are passing right-to-die legislation and other eugenics-lite type things

>100%

By not invading foreign counties and teaching uncontrollable rebels how to fight.
Start by not creating terrorists, then worry about encryption.

ONE
TIME
PAD

I agree. it's some millennial bullshit. you grow up being told the right is "evil" and you start mis-attributing all sorts of shit to it.

you know, kind of like German youth and Jews.

I am not right wing at all but it saddens me to see how undeservedly vilified the right can be.

also, right-to-die laws have nothing to do with eugenics. they're purely humanitarian.

Oy vey!!! Da lefties are holocausting us!!!!

When did I ever mention anything about Nazis?

Terrorism cannot be stopped, that's where the "terror" part comes from. Dumb-asses who can't draw parallels from the Vietnam conflict will never understand this. We were literally btfo'd by terrorists.

>IQ
stormtards please

Careful, your extra chromosomes are showing