Chromecast 2 owners, share your experiences and frustrations. Does Netflix work fine?

Other urls found in this thread:

code.google.com/archive/p/chromecast-mirrored-source/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nice botnet
fuck outta here with your fucking consumerist shit you shill

Are there other "no consumerist shit" methods to watch netflix on tv?

>hook up any machine that can access Netflix to your TV
>turn it on
>navigate to Netflix and open it
>???
>peofit

>OPEN SOURCE
>BOTNET
MICROSOFT SHILL DETECTED.

from a computer, or spread youre cheeks for consumerism
my apple tv does a good job with 1080p netflix, gonna toss it for a htpc whenever 4k is a reasonable upgrade

>implying google isn't botnet

I have a chromecast 1, i never use it though. Its pretty crap as far as streaming devices go.

Can you prove that Chromecast doesn't send back data about what you're watchin/streaming to Google so that they can profit off of your preferences?

Wait, I cant prove the absence of something.
You could rather prove your argument that chromecast is spying.

code.google.com/archive/p/chromecast-mirrored-source/

Here is the source.

>complains about consumerism
>owns apple products
You're just like those wannabe communist/leftist teenage girls.

Plex got released on the PS4 so I stopped using mine.

It does exactly what it says it does, never had any problems with any of the supported apps

I download a lot of movies/shows locally to my phone, and then use an app such as LocalCast to cast the movies to my chromecast 2.

At first I did this with an older router. It had trouble casting the videos locally, I guess it was too much data and the video lagged a lot. So I bought a $100 asus router and that fixed everything.

But then I realized there's a lot of video formats that just don't work on the chromecast (no codex). The solution here is a chrome app called Videostream. It can generally play any movie on your chromecast, but then you have to play it from your laptop. Not quite as convenient as my phone.

Works just like the last one did. No issues, no new features. If you have the original, you basically have the 2nd gen.

ITT: plebs that dont have a 4k smart tv

>netflix
lel kill yourself

>Stationary device
>No ethernet

Unacceptable

How so? I had one (Before it got lost or stolen) and it seemed like it was fine.

Just use Plex or similar.

Chromecast 2 works pretty good for me desu and I can't really complain since I got it for free.
I can't tell about Netflix as I don't use it, but I have no problem whatsoever in casting from YouTube, BBC iPlayer and other apps.
The only problem i have is when I cast local media from my laptop running VLC, in that situation I have a couple of seconds at the beginning where no output is produced but then it resumes correctly. I guess it's just some quirks between debian, the dlna package I'm using, and VLC.

The "desu" was just a typo, sorry

When you cast from VLC do you see a lower quality between the source and the streaming ???

Anybody willing to sell me a Chromecast?

Netflix works fine for me. I only have issues casting extremely high bitrate movies.
>no codex
I assume you mean codecs.

I love how they introduced a beta program, so we can get fuck all development even faster now

It supports 802.11ac, which is actually capable of higher speeds than gigabit ethernet.

ur funny

also >implying throughput is the only thing needed for rageless movie watching.

Chromecast 2 has 5GHz and 802.11ac.

The wireless on the chromecast 1 is hokey as fuck I have the ethernet adapter for it.

forgot to wipe your trip fa.m

As an owner if op mind it works. Sucks to need an USB as power source but w/e.
Is faster than Chromecast 1 and the wifi range is neat not many apps support it tho and twitch streams runs like shit