R is vastly superior to Matlab

Matlab is the degenerate failed ancestor of R. R shines superior to all other languages for analytics.

R master race.

islam: 0
atheism: 1

seems like engineering students always use matlab for some reason
For stats things no reason to not use R though

if you really think that you are a poorfag and should probably consider a ceiling rope for youre neck, unless your law enforcement, then im only japing

R is a steaming pile of shit outside of stats (where it is excellent). Outside of stats Matlab would shit all over R.

gnu + plot and maxima

It's cause matlab has libraries for engineering specific disciplines, such as control systems and signal processing. Numpy and Julia flat out don't have them, and octave's implementation is a sad joke.

Last time I had two use R was two or three pay grades ago. It's a joke compared to Matlab.

R is for stats for lifefags

MatLab is for numerical data analysis in actual sciences

Butthurt Matlab fanbois

u lose.

R stronkest!

Everyone is using Julia now though.
People don't like having to buy software, and julia is much easier to use on linux.

2nd year engineering student here, we're using matlab.

Torch 7 + iTorch master race

Senior biochem student here, we use Julia

I've used MATLAB for most of my career but recently started taking a stab at Scipy. Octave wasn't that fun. I've heard a lot of good things about R from my stats and lifesci friends but I've never seen it on the job.

>I've heard a lot of good things about R from my stats and lifesci friends but I've never seen it on the job
/thread

>Herp derp drills are better then saws
>drill master race

This is very true. Matlab has a lot of strengths in numerical analysis and engineering problems.
This guy has it right.

I use R and Python both extensively for school and work and they both have a lot of strengths. Just use the right tool for the job.

Physics PhD. student there. We use whatever the fuck we want, mostly Phyton and MATLAB. Some idiots use LabView, which makes me want to kill myself.

>Labview
We had to use that shit for FRC in high school, somehow the year our team started they started using matlab and ~6 years later they're still using it. Every second I spent trying to use it as a "programmer" on our team was stupidly difficult and counter intuitive. I pity anyone who has to use it, we'd have switched if half our programming team was competent enough to use an actual language.

I would pay for and use Matlab just to spite you but also more importantly so I don't have to so much as look at that free-smiley-faces.de tier icon ever again