To all that are new in the Android world of ROMs. Here's all you need to use (providing your device is supported)

To all that are new in the Android world of ROMs. Here's all you need to use (providing your device is supported) ...

>TWRP for your recovery
>Official Cyanogenmod for your daily driver ROM
>Open GApps Project (flashable google apps), or, should you prefer no Gapps, then use the AOSP alternatives
>Privacyguard for root. Privacyguard is integrated in Cyanogenmod 11 and later. You can enable it in developer tools.
>Busybox (provides embedded UNIX tools and commands. Some rooted apps depend on it.)
>Xposed Framework (provides extensive customization through the installation and development of modules)
>Adaway for a general ad blocker (get it off F-Droid), and YouTube Adblock Xposed module for blocking YouTube adds
>Nova Launcher Pro for your primary launcher

That's it. Good luck not bricking your device. Once you get past that growing pain, you can enjoy the latest Android OS on any supported device.

Most other ROMs are bullshit, and basically are a Cyanogenmod build with some tweaks, mods, and themes compiled in, which can make the build buggy. You’ll find it’s better to just stick with an Official Cyanogenmod build, and install additional mods with the Xposed Framework. Also, don’t even bother falling for the [KERNEL] tweak meme. You’ll quickly find “kernel tweaks” are buggy as hell, provide little or zero noticeable performance boost, kill battery life, and rarely updated.

If you're looking for a device specifically to root and run ROMs, check out the XDA forums for the device you have in mind, and make sure there's an active modding community for the exact model and variant of the device you want to buy.

As for brand new devices, you're better off sticking with your stock OS, rooting it, and installing the Xposed framework. I prefer ROMs for older devices that are no longer updated by the manufacture.

Godspeed.

well I finally just updated switched to TWRP 3.0.2-0 from ancient version of CWM
am using Offical CM13 nightly 9-20-2016
Open Gapps pico 9-20-2016
busy box
xposed
adaway
nova pro

all this on a 4yr old note 2

why is the latest map app so laggy AF ?

Cyanogen drains the batter too quickly versus stock on my Moto E 2nd Gen.

have you tried installing amplify and greenify to help conserve battery?

this

How can I bypass FRP post-August update?

Throw the phone into le trash

my device just got official cm13 builds, should I go back to cm12.1 and wait a while longer, or should I stay with my current MM rom (dirty unicorns)?

What ROM should I use?

Got a Nexus 5, currently running stock 6.

Want:
>Nougat
>Android Pay
>Rooted

Is this possible?

No.

as a warning to normalfaggots: snapchat will not work if you have xposed installed prior to signing into the application. they couldn't figure out how to stop people from developing things like snapprefs so the application now scans for xposed.jar and won't let you login if it is detected.

>all of this to try and make your phone look pretty like a queer with terrible minimalist shit on top of a Chinese cartoon background while joining Pajeet's botnet

How about you get a job mate?

casper.io's better anyway

what

Does it work without gapps?

>not suggesting omni, the truly free alternative
>ex-cm devs who were against the sickmove they made going corporate on the base of hundreds of users contributing, not seeing a single dime for their efforts
>natively can be run with the free alternative to gapps, aswell as with gapps, you decide
>closer to AOSP

Spread the word.

People that care about this shit is either too your to get a job or simply have no life.

Mostly Indians though.

yes, search for magisk on google

No, Snapchat sent me a mail telling me to stop using third party apps when I was using Casper. You literally just need to disable Xposed, log into Snapchat and backup the app through Titanium Backup if you get logged out again.

What good and stable roms for the galaxy s6 are there?

go test the roms out yourself you lazy piece of shit

will there ever be a CGM release for the galaxy s6

I got cucked hard since I got my S4 from Verizon, who decided to make it impossible to get true recovery. Hoping the Pixel or V20 is good...

ayy lmao we both got fucked by the s6

this app any good?

Any news on a root for the LG Stylo 2? Love the phone but no root is starting to bother me.

I have a job and even though I don't use all the autistic tweaks the OP suggests, some of them are still useful. TWRP for example, allows me to back up my phone reliably.

Krexus