How do I get my hands on a Russian Elbrus computer? Googling isn't yielding any reliable results

How do I get my hands on a Russian Elbrus computer? Googling isn't yielding any reliable results.

The novelty is super interesting to me and I have no idea how to navigate slav-net.

Other urls found in this thread:

mcst.ru/
mcst.ru/sum_komplekss
mcst.ru/vychislitelnye-moduli
mcst.ru/sistemnye-moduli
mcst.ru/mikroprocessory-i-sbis
anandtech.com/show/10268/china-calling-amd-forms-joint-venture-for-x86-server-socs-in-china
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You would be highly unlikely to find one even on the slav-net, for the most part Elbrus CPUs are reserved for high level government/intelligence use, as well as military and industrial development.

They use them to avoid intel backdoors.

It's insanely expensive and slow.

mcst.ru/

pre-made computers:
mcst.ru/sum_komplekss

komponenta:
mcst.ru/vychislitelnye-moduli
mcst.ru/sistemnye-moduli

how you are going to smuggle them to your country is another problem
your going to be on a 100 and 1 government surveillance lists after ordering one of these boys, since not even NSA can access this shit

oh yea
mcst.ru/mikroprocessory-i-sbis
here is the cpu itself

I bet you could make some money smuggling thse in the USofA and selling to hackers and pedos and Cred Forums shit.

The Elbrus 8S is actually decently fast, but they're not for sale I dont think.

$1000 says the NSA has one of every thing on that site.

yea, but they dont have backdoors into that shit, since this is russian made
intel and amd is full open for NSA to do what ever they want, no resistance

Those look like they're x86 machines.

they can run x86 instructions, but they are VLIW architecture.

>yea, but they dont have backdoors into that shit, since this is russian made

This is the worst line of logic humanly possible.

Elbrus is not "russian". They just bought arm core license, created a custom configuration (cores/cache/interfaces/extra instructions), ordered silicon from china, packaged them in russia and trying to sell the for 3000$ per chip.
And sure, goverment will buy them meanwhile siphoning off millions of dollars.
The only intresting thing there is their obscure x86 emulation. Yes, this shit can run doom on wangblows xp.
>They use them to avoid intel backdoors.
Nope. Backdoors are avoided by simple air-gap. Elbrus is just a cheap propaganda and a huge project to siphon off goverment money.

>avoided by simple air-gap
Lol, no wonder the NSA isn't too worried about russia, they actually believe this.

Elbrus also has CPUs based on SPARC.

oh wow russia confirmed for shit tier country
cant believe someone actually considered russia a great power once

What? None of this seems accurate or verifiable. Gonna need a source on that.

its not true considering Elbrus use SPAR not ARM.

OK so they sell a computer called Elbrus ARM-401. Moscow Center of SPARC Technologies is the name of the entity which makes these processors, but they claim to have a separate architecture than SPARC. It has hardware accelerated emulation of x86 like loongson.

What's this? A thread about technology on Cred Forums?

Damn feels like fall all over again.

source: nsa shill brigade

>Nope. Backdoors are avoided by simple air-gap.
Tell that to the iranian nuclear program

Russia bro here. I've been to a few military bases and other important offices as part of my job, and haven't seen anything resembling this Elbrus stuff, so if the government is using it, it's pretty niche even within that sector.
Most computers are ancient x86 pre-builts running Wangbang XP or 7, or whatever they happened to ship with at the time. The people using them are too incompetent to know how security works, and special hardware wouldn't help them.
Quite frankly, I don't know how you'd go about buying one either, and I fucking live here. This shit is a curiosity and nothing else

That's kinda disappointing.

No easy way. They don't distribute their CPUs just like that, only to select partners, they cost a fortune and it's not a mass product in general. Then you'll need to smuggle it through the customs (probably will be easy, they don't care unless they got a tip from the FSB).

>This shit is a curiosity and nothing else
Bullshit, the government wouldnt throw billions at a CPU design for shits and giggles, it's used for the nuclear program and similar top military applications which require complete assurance and buying an american CPU is not gonna fly for that.

Maybe. For very important embedded systems in nuclear reactors or other plants it would make sense, but not anywhere else, the government is too stingy to even supply decent regular computers, nevermind specialty ones costing $3000. A $500 all-in-one is a much more likely sight. HP seems to be a popular brand as well.

+15

Jahahaha.
An american reading propaganda and not knowing how shit really works here. Someones uncles son got really rich and have some to officials and other bureaucrats. Someone said it upwards, it's a way to siphon money and say we are investing etc. Most computer run in random hp and Dell prebuilts with win Vista or 7 and some even on xp. Get real westerner.

>the government wouldnt throw billions at a CPU design for shits and giggles

>Ivan 1: Hey Ivan, I'm a politician now, I can funnel public money wherever I want.
>Ivan 2: Fucking sweet Ivan, how about I create some bullshit product and sell it to you for billions by saying it's for "defense" purposes?
>Ivan 1: That'll look legitimate to the public, I like it.
>Ivan 2: Great, I'll just copy some chink design for processors and say it's to avoid NSA spying.
>Ivan 1: I like the way you think Ivan, just give me a share of the profits.

Even if the processors have a legitimate purpose, I'm 99% sure they're way over priced because of cronyism.

Whatever happened to that Russian ARM chip that was supposed to wean Russians off of evil American CPUs from Intel and AMD?

>wean Russians off of evil American CPUs from Intel and AMD?
That would be awesome if that happened.

>Russia becomes even more totalitarian in the future
>bans Intel/AMD processors
>Russian computers are no longer compatible with Windows and therefore they can't shit up online games

China recently licensed x86 from AMD in order to build their own CPUs.

It was a custom SoC deal with some commitment to do R&D in China.

AMD can't license x86 architecture to others to build competing x86 processors as per agreement with Intel.

it's x86 AND SoC

>anandtech.com/show/10268/china-calling-amd-forms-joint-venture-for-x86-server-socs-in-china

Yes, and so are the SoCs inside PS4 and XBone.

Yeah but that's my point, china has never had in house x86 before.

You're acting like a SoC is somehow a bad thing... If it's advanced enough it could rival any high end normal x86 CPU.

I'm sure that's why china paid $300M for their foot in the door, now they can spend the next decade working on a high end x86 server SoC.

They just paid AMD to make an x86 SoC for them and do some of the R&D in China.

China doesn't get to make its own x86 SoC. They can only pay AMD to make a custom x86 SoC for them with maybe some custom modules designed by the Chinese integrated into the said custom SoC.

>iranian nuclear program
But user, they ran Winblows. A backdoor in the hardware wasn't even needed.

>AMD provide the joint venture with x86 and SoC IP, along with significant engineering and other technical resources, while THATIC provides the remaining technical resources and the financing behind the venture.

How are they providing technical resources without actually working on the development directly?