Is this what Linux users do?

If the terminal is so good then I guess you don't install all the GUI programs like on Windows.

Other urls found in this thread:

zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-16-282/
tools.cisco.com/security/center/viewAlert.x?alertId=39665
kb.cert.org/vuls/id/912420
mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2008-14/
exploit-db.com/exploits/31519/
exploit-db.com/exploits/18365/
owasp.org/index.php/3rd_Party_Javascript_Management_Cheat_Sheet
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck no, links/lynx is ass
w3m is the best terminal browser, it actually can display images
for the most part, using a terminal browser isn't worth it since it doesn't display images well, don't handle javascript, and has issues with CSS, though you can do a lot more in the terminal than you can on powershell or cmd on windows
firefox aurora and dillo are good GUI browsers on linux

Terminal is good in concurrency with Xorg. Both are tools to accomplish different things, and X may be old, but it works if you don't bog it down with a bunch of useless shit like a DE

> and X may be old, but it works if you don't use it
Fixed for you my friend

GUI started with Macintosh, you computer illiterate fucktard.

Is it just me or am I being reverse-memed to call winbabbies illiterate over and over again?

The only graphical program I use is the web browser, and GIMP.

Rest is TUI or CLI.

uh no? There's literally no better alternative atm

New firefox is shit. Pale Moon is also pretty shit, but it's still better then Firefox. Shame they went for the chrome feel and I'm not talking about fucking curved tabs

GUI started with Xerox you mong.

Terminals are really good for programming, hacking and quick and efficient computation.

If you need organization and an "environment", an IDE would be better, though they have a painful tendency to bloat themselves, so typically just an interpreter or compiler run through the command line is better for lower end systems, or simply being as light as possible on a ranges of hardware.

Typically I would use an IDE because I can or because I have to (refer to Android Studio with FTC).

Same, except I don't really use Gimp much anymore, just firefox because terminal browsing is now insufferable thanks to modern JS.

I am

explain urself

I am a professional graphic designer and I only use imagemagick

I use plenty of GUI applications on Linux. I also use plenty of CLI applications.

You reverse-memed yourself thinking the GUI started with the Macintosh

>doesn't handle javascript

People who run GUIs don't at least use noscript?

> Hurdurr, I'ma let every random website run arbitrary code on my computer

>teen girls
>code
kek

>IT industry
>no sexism problem
kek

There are things that need GUI, there are others than don't.

A terminal is handy for a lot of things, for example let's say you need to rename 100000 jpg and convert them to pdf.

If you have a terminal program that can convert jpg to pdf (like gimp cli) you only need a regex a for loop and a call to do it.

In Windows you might have to download special batch rename programs and a special batch file converter.

In Linux it's just there.

i think you're getting memed on.

but apple was the first company to market it at all. xerox kept it in-house for several years.

#preach

Both GUI and terminal.

Wayland

>What is powershell

Is Wayland in a releasable form now?

am i doing it right ???

I fucking hate those generic Cred Forums desktops too. They crash in on perfectly decent desktop threads with desktops that look identical outside of having a different colour and a different anime girl.

Not really.

You're missing chink drawings of underage girls.

yea you do install the gui, cuz no1 likes to use the black terminal all the time, i mean, u use it a lot, and its nice , but you need some colors

Brave senpai, the developer is one of us.

Try using links -g and mpv+youtube-dl for playing videos

>GUI started with Macintosh
Holy fucking shit, you are so retarded.

i dont know why those anime faggots havent been banned yet

tits or gtfo

nope!

Fuck France

too hard for GNOMEbabbies

teach me.

hi there

>dildo
>browser

STOP SHILLING FOR A STUPID ADWARE.

this

I'd say Linux is as adorable as my snow-white cat :3

looks good.im more of a dark theme guy though.

Its time to head back to Usenet and Gopherspace

>I guess you don't install all the GUI programs[...]

I don't. Apart from Firefox, mpv, and Pidgin, I don't use any GUIs that I can think of.

But I'm not going to tell people not to. If people want to use GUI that's fine with me.

>Powershell
Images2PDFC /i "D:\My Images\*.jpg" /e "D:\My PDFs\images.pdf"

>Linux
convert page1.jpg page2.jpg +compress file.pdf

Gee, which one looks harder?

keked

What do you use?

The Slashes are terrible

it's a fucking meme, shit that actually can run on wayland is actually running some x11 shit underneath to actually work.
Wayland seems a good idea, but there's little support or reason to change atm

>dat awful gray background, retarded fonts and terrible X driver

Mpv is fine though.

What other software do you use?

Is there a terminal browser that works with Cred Forums, without having to buy a Cred Forums pass?

>sure.
I also watch my shows in binary, with sunglasses on.
Wake up user, Linux users are the same as Windows users, just with a different approach.
Or do you think all Dodge drivers are bulky testosteroneguys where all Honda drivers are asians?

You clearly don't know how javascript on the browser works.

Good. Maybe he'll see this post and get off his ass and make twitter videos work instead of "hurr durr why are people using m3u to define video streams??? idiots are doing it wrong I will never implement this"

>a furfag
>one of us

No. I'm a Debian user. I have a full GUI and I use Firefox. KDE is my desktop environment.

> Javascript has never been vulnerable and will never be vulnerable

zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-16-282/
tools.cisco.com/security/center/viewAlert.x?alertId=39665
kb.cert.org/vuls/id/912420
mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2008-14/
exploit-db.com/exploits/31519/
exploit-db.com/exploits/18365/

Get fucked GUI babies:
owasp.org/index.php/3rd_Party_Javascript_Management_Cheat_Sheet
The invocation of 3rd party JS code in a web application requires consideration for 3 risks in particular:
The loss of control over changes to the client application,
The execution of arbitrary code on client systems,
The disclosure or leakage of sensitive information to 3rd parties.

Firefox, GIMP and Cinelerra are the only things that I use with GUIs. Honestly nobody cares if you use GUIs or not.