What does Cred Forums recommend for routers...

What does Cred Forums recommend for routers? Pic related is the most popular thing on newegg but it looks like gamer meme shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

jetwaycomputer.com/JBC373F38.html
sophos.com/en/products/free-tools/sophos-utm-home-edition.aspx
en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-7490/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Building your own is the best.

I have a TP-Link Archer C7.
No problems so far.

Tp-link are all good

>>>/sqt/

Netgear nighthawk r7000

for a router there is none better than asus rt-n16 with tomatousb (shibby) on it

if you're talking about access point + router hybrids, that is entirely different.

I don't trust US network equipment, so I stay with chink ones.

As long as it does not say Belkin on the label, it is fine.

This. All you need is a 2 lan port PC and downloading an install of pfSense. If you don't have a 2 lan port PC you want to use as a router, then there are fanless mini pcs advertised as pfSense boxes on Amazon for ~$200 or less.

If WiFi is a necessity, then having a wireless access point is the best solution.

Modem --- pfSense Box --- Switch (preferably managed, but a typical 8-port unmanaged switch is fine) --- Wireless Access Point

It is worth having all those antennas this is so your router can do beam steering. This is really fucking cool.

cisco or linksys (owned by cisco)

Bit out of date but still in service:
BAREBONE Jetway JBC373F38-525-B incl WLAN
jetwaycomputer.com/JBC373F38.html with Sophos UTM (with 3/4 of features and telemetry disabled) sophos.com/en/products/free-tools/sophos-utm-home-edition.aspx

What does Cred Forums recommend for wireless access points?

memevidia stutterforce gtx 1080 memesync - memeworks
memeeon r9 480 curry x
any game which requires you to own an external gpu which is made after 2012 is a meme
just play moba
play heroes of newerth or dota2
dont play any game which is made in unreal engine or cryengine
what the fuck is wrong with you
just update your driver software
you don't need antialiasing
you dont need anisotrophic filtering above 2x
you dont need vsync
you don't need high quality texture pack
you don't need shitload of shaders
you dont need any resolution above 1080p
you dont need a framerate above 100hz
you dont need directx12
you don't need vulkan
you don't need windows 10
you don't need water cooling
you don't need any pc with leds on it
you don't need an extra fan for your pc
you dont need surround sound
you dont need anything with a dolby label
you dont need soft shadows
you dont need a gaming ram
you dont need a gaming motherboard
gta 5 is a shitty game and so are all bloated games which are above 30 gibibytes
you don't need a gpu which contains hardware encoder, nobody likes your stream, nobody likes you, you won't make any money streaming
twitch is dying
gaming is already dead
love and take care of your home and your parents
use your money wisely and live an independent life

Have a netgear Nighthawk (R7000) and it's pretty good.

Fixing to get an ethernet cable to hook up to it though because connection through 2 walls and a cabinet full of chinaware is absolute shit.

>He uses anything else than this
For what purpose?

netgear r7000 w/ tomato

then OC too 1400mhz

I modded the case and made custom cooling for it

werks

anything above wdr 3600/4300 is a waste of money desu
with open wrt those routers are simply one of the best

well, you have to say if you want a router for a normal house, or a company.. i mean be more specific

>he judges technology by how it looks

RT-N56U + padavan firmware is what i use, does the job

Is the Asus RT-AC66U good or is it a meme router?

It's 25% off right now and it has good reviews.

pic related.

>using 3 different devices when you could just use one

Good ol' Cred Forums, always trying to make things harder than they really are.

I bet you use Linux.

never buy asux, my rt-n56u shat itself the moment it ran out of warranty

I use the Asus rt a68u free from t mobile and Merlin de. I'm happy with it. Plus it was free

Really? I had the same problem with an atom laptop of them. Can't exchange any parts at all.

Can't recommend asus as well.

Fuck you Matthew, really.

got a tp-link 4300 with gargoyle

and a mikrotik as backup. mikrotik makes good routers, senpai

yep, my p8p67 pro also broke once it had run out of warranty. asus, never again. their build quality used to be decent, but apparently now it's shit. I still have an asus gpu, but this time I'm selling it before it's out of warranty.

Intel NUC with PFSense Installed.

If you need wireless just buy an AP.

no, they're from passable to okay-ish. That being said, I've deployed them even for commercial customers.

Mikrotik, ubiquiti, then maybe tp-link.

I have some cheap asus AC router at home and apart from range, it's been consistent in regards of speed and availability. I run some things 24/7 from time to time on wlan.

I've had rt-ac56u for three years now and it's been pretty good so far. I could recommend it for home use.

I use it for my 100/100. Works well, definitely. Becomes warm, though, that's not critical.

im already convinced that it is shit since the stock firmware was crap and disconnected all the time, at least it has been working very well after this custom firmware

we will see how long does it work

>I bet you use Linux.

You are on a fucking GURU board

Like number one on Amazon with good reviews.

(I bought it, put DD-WRT on it, replaced my 5 year old WNDR4000 and got like no signal increase but whatever)

If your router doesn't look like an alien attack craft it ain't a real router

I just run a virtualized instance of pfSense on my server

I have one. With the old firmwares it was ok. But with the newer updates or the merlin firmware it's a beast.

Used T-Mobile TM-AC1900 on ebay for ~$75

Same hardware as Asus RT-AC68U

edgerouter lite + unify ap ac pro
even a mac user has enough brain cell to configure that set up.

R7000 is great. I run DD-WRT on mine and and absolutely love the fine controls it offers. Mines currently counting 94Days of uptime so I'd say its also very stable.
If you'd want to run it with stock firmware then I honestly cant vouch for it since flashing DD-WRT was the first thing I've done when it arrived.

>but it looks like

If you care about looks just buy an Apple and go back to /fa/

Just got myself one of these. How long can expect it to last before it's outdated crap?

I run ipfire on a zotac minipc with 2 gigabit ports. Sadly the ports are realtek but it gets the job done.

>Netgear nighthawk
I've got one of these. Very good IMHO.

A PC Engines APU 2C4 build

planning to use a 2010 atom mini pc and add a pci ethernet gigabit card in there with pfsense

>101 eur
I'm crying.

Got this a month ago. Very pleased with the range of its 5ghz channel.

My old Asus router could not put a 5ghz connection through one interior wall. The 1900acs pumps it through multiple walls including a brick wall and I still get an excellent signal.

And remember you can't ship it directly to the EU you gotta find a middleman...

R7000 with Tomato firmware.

How did your list of text not line up with each other? Does you have a special keyboard?

I'm currently still on my shitty router i got from my ISP (D-Telekom), which is dying.
I'm rather sceptical with Asus routers, i thought about getting this: en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-7490/
Is there a better solution for an AC+N with similar properties for

ASUS RT-N56U. Has served me well in combat for over three years. I especially like the dual band capes.

sonicwall and a couple of unifis. literally every poster except and should be shot.

mikrotiks have the worst interface of any network equipment i have ever worked on in 15 years of IT. for shame, user

N E T G E A R
E
T
G
E
A
R

Nighthawk X4S is just insanely fast. Went from an ASUS N66U to an AC66U, when that got zapped by lightning I got the X4S.

1300mbit with 2ms ping thru 3 solid wood walls, and if you really want to spend you can get a 1700mbit adapter. Oh, and that's with 40 active devices.

The only consumer router I've had that wasn't shit was an Asus DSL-N55U. Rock solid. However I since stole some enterprise APs from work and this setup is even better.

Linksys is owned by Belkin, user.

>sonicwall and a couple of unifis
Except that UniFis are not routers. They are just APs; very good, cheap APs.

pic related, mikrotik. This little piece of shit it's like $40. you can do whatever you like with it. Qos, mangle, routing, vlans, scripting..

I am sure he meant a wired sonicewall UTM with unifi AP's, not that they are routers.

I just bought an edgerouter lite3 by ubiquiti... I have a WatchGuard Firebox T10, but the appliance is limited to 200Mbps and I am getting no more than 170mbps. Just upgraded to 1000/100.

holy fucking shit, really?
correct. tz210 and ac lites. the tz210 could probably use an upgrade now though.

any cheap router that can run openwrt

OnHub
Own a router with a built in botnet!

this.

its goat