How can we uncuck Mozilla, I want to go back to the comfy days of Firefox so badly

How can we uncuck Mozilla, I want to go back to the comfy days of Firefox so badly.

Other urls found in this thread:

online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/speed-up-mozilla-firefox/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/08/firefox-48-ships-bringing-rust-mainstream-and-multiprocess-for-some/
webmshare.com/play/KBm8v
webmshare.com/play/Meo8O
webmshare.com/play/Wn1GD
webmshare.com/play/6wK0n
webmshare.com/play/gBdJb
webmshare.com/play/RAE86
webmshare.com/play/LX38L
vivaldi.com/source/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fork it and move on

Those were the days

Why isn't Mozilla letting me cuck myself?

Idk, it works fine for me. Both on PC and phone.

There's literally nothing wrong with Firefox.
Yes, the developers are all sjw trash, but the browser is alright.
The only bloat is pocket and hello which can be disabled just by removing them from the menu bar, and you can also disable their usability in about: config.

So much this. Firefox is the most customizable browser with the coolest available addons.

Judging highly customizable products by the default look alone is retarded cuck tier.

Install IceCat

They need to admit defeat and adopt the superior Blink engine.

They can still be open source and privacy oriented. But Gecko is just unusable now. A horrible bruising experience.

If they did this, I would rush back to them. Until then, Opera is my only option.

OP here, I'm in the same boat, as soon as Firefox got fucked I moved to Opera and it's okay but nothing can really replace the comfort of old Firefox.

>There's literally nothing wrong with Firefox
Open Safari, play html5 video - gpu temp 43 degrees

Do the same in Firefox - gpu temp 50 degrees

Fuck that shit

There's no purpose in Mozilla adopting blink. Mozilla's ultimate mission is to prevent the internet from becoming a monoculture, adopting blink would just accelerate that.

Unless something else comes along and breaks up the dominance of webkit/blink, they're likely *never* going to do that. Servo will probably be the eventual replacement for gecko.

>Mozilla's ultimate mission is to prevent the internet from becoming a monoculture
By literally turning Firefox into Chrome?

A theme that vaguely resembles chromium's theme is not turning firefox into chromium.

>comfy
stop
you sound like a child who doesnt know english
customize your firefox and stop being a faggot

t. homosexual

they simply need to put out a product that is better than google chrome. no magic, just the free market.

Any more/other trap Cred Forumsuides? I love these

t. freetard

I guess you guys can't counter anything unless RMS has posted a guide

use k-meleon masterrace. the developer builds.

It doesn't even support high ppi scaling properly...

With every update they make it less customizable and more like Chrome.

You might have a point back when Firefox is not just merely a poor man's Chrome.

Does it support all the Firefox extensions?
Also, this thing seems to be dead. Hasn't had an update for a year.

> set/add this in about:config
nglayout.initialpaint.delay = 0

Your welcome

also: online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/speed-up-mozilla-firefox/

not using waterfox master race

Using chrome, embrace the botnet

???

>set/add this in about:config
>set/add
>set or add
integer btw

your local CDN hasn't updated yet

Literally why the fuck would I want to dress up like a girl like a fag and let a real girl dominate me? Only a fag would want to do that.

fug i'm dumb

thanks user

It was a dark day when I had to install Classic Theme Restorer. The CTR team has to add now shit every update.

Just enabled multiprocess. So nice

explain

Name me one thing they removed from Firefox that you cared for.

Name me one thing Chrome is better than Firefox at.

why is gecko bad from a architectural/programming point of view? the only thing I can think of is that is non embeedable

>Name me one thing Chrome is better than Firefox at.
Integrating with your google account.

>multiprocess
This. It's the smoothest browser I've ever seen.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/08/firefox-48-ships-bringing-rust-mainstream-and-multiprocess-for-some/

Sure I had to uninstall some plugins, but ublock umatrix & https everywhere are compatibles with firefox 48

>arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/08/firefox-48-ships-bringing-rust-mainstream-and-multiprocess-for-some/
TL;DR
How enable?

Give me one good reason to use this slow pile of shit instead of Vivaldi.

Vivaldi is customizable, faster and also open open source.

ugh, do you want a tutorial? search in google

I want to find a trap waifu

Don't btoher, it's shit

>How can we uncuck Mozilla, I want to go back to the comfy days of Firefox so badly.
You can't. Your only sustainable option is to move on, user.

I personally use qutebrowser these days. It gives me some of those comfy pentadactyl feels. Shame it's python garbage though

Is there a place I can check for incompatible ad-ons?
I don't know which of mine is blocking me from using it.

I uncucked myself, when the SJWs forced Eich out, I sent Mozilla to the trash. Now I'm on Opera and it's comfy as fuck.

compatibility test is an addon by mozilla that does that

But does that addon do any checks on the other addons or does it just check on a whitelist?

>FF vs Chrome - 30 Random sites
webmshare.com/play/KBm8v
>FF vs Chrome - 11 News sites
webmshare.com/play/Meo8O
>FF vs Chrome - 40+ Instagram profiles on Windows
webmshare.com/play/Wn1GD
>FF vs Chrome - 40+ Instagram profiles on Arch Linux
webmshare.com/play/6wK0n
>FF vs Chrome on bad machine (2core/2thread - 2GB RAM)
webmshare.com/play/gBdJb
>FF vs Chrome with uBlock
webmshare.com/play/RAE86

>Vivaldi vs Opera vs Chrome
webmshare.com/play/LX38L

How do they perform one site at a time? I have firefox load only one of the restored tab on startup anyway. All the rest are loaded if I click on them.

>wants privacy oriented / open source
>Opera is my only option
Rly, bro?

That's the default behavior.

Vivaldi is pretty good.

any way to make the scrollbar background transparent with css?

What, is there any proof that Opera spies on people and sells their info like Mozilla does? They even included a free one click VPN in the browser.

It's objectively the best browser at the moment.

- Better performance than Chrome
- UI, Tabs etc customizable as fuck
- Open Source
- Chromium Extensions available

Is that with or without FF multiprocess?

Ah, well that's good. I had to manually set it up some time ago. Maybe they made it default after that point.

Yeah, it was not the default a few years ago.

With

Servo will make Mozilla competitive again.

> One of the things that makes Vivaldi unique is that it is built on modern web technologies. We use JavaScript and React to create the user interface with the help of Node.js and a long list of NPM modules. Vivaldi is the web built with the web.

Nice meme

>- Open Source
[citation needed]

damn there goes my credit card info

there's an option in about:config to disable whether extensions are blocked with electrolysis.

would they still function while not blocked?

vivaldi.com/source/

That's cute senpai. But you a fag in denial and you know it.

Kys

>like mozilla does?
Citation needed

Do you know why the wikipedia article lists it as “proprietary freeware with open-source components?”

That makes it sound like (significant) parts are non-free. I don't have the time to go through the source myself, so I'm wondering whether this got changed or something.

Also why is that page so outdated? The Gentoo package goes up to version 1.5.609.8_p1, but I can only find releases up to version 1.3 on that page.

The gentoo package also claims that it's covered under the Vivaldi EULA, which is a proprietary license agreement that, for example, prevents me from modifying the browser.

That's partial source anyway. And not even the good parts. You are not able to compile that to get the packaged browser.

It's essentially proprietary software using chromium under it.

Well, they don't do it directly. They sell the default search engine to Google, which in turn sells your data. If you're using mainstream search engines, the fact that you're using Firefox means jack shit when it comes to privacy.

I dunno, man
I tried sticking with ff a few years ago, but they just kept making it into chrome
I never really used it for the more complicated reasons like super customization, just a browser with themes and addons
Because too much of a hassle to make it not look like chrome I just decided to listen to what they were telling me and move on to what they were pushing

Thank you kind user!

Good thing it can be changed and doesn't phone home.