If no one is forced to use Linux then why would anyone choose to use it?

If no one is forced to use Linux then why would anyone choose to use it?

It's because it's a better operating platform than Windows or OS X.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OXS8ljif9b8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Still runs like shit with my GTX 970.

Theres not much reason to use it as a daily driver unless you just enjoy spending time in the terminal doing trivial system maitenence tasks that windows and OSX do by themselves.

Linux does have special use cases though mostly on embeded stuff and as a live cd for fixing stuff or hacking.

The whole argument about using it for security doesn't even make sense unless it's air gaped, It's literally just as vulnerable as windows with an internet connection.

>this post
Holy shit I feel dumber now just reading this. You seriously have no clue what you're talking about lmao.

The proprietary drivers are getting better these days. Legit played a game on stream from start to finish without a hiccup on my toaster.

Nobody is forced to run Windows either, despite what the master memers of the /r/linux subreddit tell you.

>It's literally just as vulnerable as windows with an internet connection.
No

Well, I tried proprietary drivers, triple buffering, compton etc. I just can't handle the input lag, screen tearing and low animation performance (in any DE).

I'm referring of course to the NSA. You think they don't have a folder full of 0 day exploits for your precious linux distro? Guess again kiddo.

Linux was better than windows in 2003, and the gulf is getting wider.

Yeah, because the NSA cares so much about fat Linux neets. Stop back tracking and admit you're a fucking idiot.

also your image proves my point even further, literally everything that isn't air gaped is vulnerable.

>i know what the NSA cares about

This is considered an accomplishment on linux?

it's a better kernel than NT and XNU, by a landslide.

the overall packages offered by most distros, however, tend to be mediocre in comparison to windows or os x.

I use it and benefit from it tremendously because I'm an advanced user. I don't expect the same of normalfags at all. doing so would be delusional.

>he thinks air gapped networks aren't vulnerable
Just stop youre talking out of your ass.

Cancer: The Post

hello NSA

I think this post should win the darwin award.

you should win the darwin award posting from an internet connected linux distro unironically beliving you are safe.

Linux is free from malware, spyware and is the most secure OS out there, stay mad and keep running that AV software.

"safety" is relative

you are relatively safer on a GNU/Linux system than on Windows or OS X

and there are even safer systems out there

but Windows and OS X are swiss cheese

Name one thing Linux users have to do through the terminal to maintain their OS?

I don't have to do maintenance. That's a windows thing. Like defragging and cleaning out the registry.

Actually many people are forced to use Windows for program compatibility.

It's safer than windows but it's not immune to 0 days so it's still not 100% safe.

It can be made 99% safe by air gaping it though.

some distros still require commands to update the system.

>your image proves my point even further,
That Microsoft sells the most exploit prone software in the world?

Retard

No, they are "forced" to use it because fossware fucking sucks.

This

>but Windows and OS X are swiss cheese
Theo De Raadt disagrees with your bullshit and rates Widows second in security behind OpenBSD.

youtube.com/watch?v=OXS8ljif9b8

>some distros still require commands to update the system.

None that are consumer grade.

You probably don't even realize how many open source tools you used to make that post.

It's more stable and easier to use from my experience. And you also don't have to worry about drivers installing and failing to install. I see no reason to use Windows when Linux exists.

Why does windows slow down after a month or so of use but Linux stays snappy?

Because

Holy fuck that makes me sick to my stomach.

And you just know it's true.

i can't believe the following

1. people here that actually use windows
2. windows users that actually care enough to talk shit about linux

dont get me wrong, ive nothing against windows or windows users, i just dont understand why people care enough about the dumbass software that they have to engage like that

Screen tearing is a real issue. I haven't ran into the other things you mentioned.

It comes on computers. The average person doesn't know how to change their OS. They even have to pay for the Windows license. The same is somewhat true of Mac OS, since it comes on Apple computers. GNU/Linux rarely comes on anything. When it does, it's stuff like Dell's developer edition computers where the name makes it clear.

Microsoft has been rotting ever since it crushed all its competitors in the late 90s and was rewarded with a federal lawsuit for its trouble. The cutthroat business tactics and software development of the 95/98 era is almost horrifying in comparison to today's "lol just do whatever bro we make a zillion dollars an hour anyways" attitude.

>Theo De Raadt

it's free to use

it's a little more complex then say windows so user learns more about computers and software while using it

it can be customized to look really neat

communism and richard mathew stallman

mit nigger

Who the fuck cares about theo de reddit? :^)

Sounds like a cool guy

This is how he destroyed his own image.

Sounds like a disgusting autist if you ask me

Really makes you think

Linux is awsum doood

Try Linux doood

same, i get this just browsing

from the font rendering it looks like bash on windows. No wonder it's buggy.

I have a windows dual boot on my desktop and laptop. i only use it socially to play games.

I use linux for everything else because i like it more.

>apt

Linux for everyday, I have a partition with windows for some programs, because this way is easier to run them and also my old-ass laptop owuldn't support SPSS or Guitarpro on a Wine emulation

LULZING!!!!

i tried xubuntu once and it was fine until i wanted to install something not in the repository or enabling vsync on desktop.

>GPUs run operating systems
boards.Cred Forums.org/v

Don't be ridiculous, if someone want to hack you - personally - they will do it eventually. But, if we are talking about some spreading malware, windows have more chances to get infected, cause its more popular, which also means more stupid people gonna use it.

I tried ubuntu like 8 years ago and arch like 3 years ago, both were bad experiences. After using them for a few days I went back to Windows with no regrets.

In contrast, OSX is very easy to pick up and use with only maybe one day needed to familiarize yourself with its idiosyncrasies. I still prefer Windows to it, but the user experience is much smoother than I've ever had with Linux.