RX480 confirmed to be better than 1060 at the current moment?

RX480 confirmed to be better than 1060 at the current moment?

youtu.be/C6j8s_pZlSI

Other urls found in this thread:

techreport.com/review/30639/examining-early-directx-12-performance-in-deus-ex-mankind-divided/3
jet.com/product/Radeon-RX-470-4GB-GDDR5/9f3d205624bf460e8329e8396eeb4f44
youtu.be/tz85_GqYbR8
youtu.be/FVb25eomcrI?t=2m11s
techreport.com/blog/30506/re-examining-the-unusual-frame-time-results-in-our-radeon-rx-470-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw 1070
IT'S NOT FAIR, NOVIDYABROS

Nvidia bros, i think this time we just can shake AMD's hand and say good job

Wow what a surprise are you saying that AMD has better performance/cost? Didn't see that coming haha

More or less. It might improve even more with drivers for the 480.

Do i sell my 1060? There is one new asus 480 for 290 euros in my area

So that is what, 3 games the 480 is better at?

Every month 480 will be better at 3 games more

What were the games released in the last 2 months that ran better on 480 than 1060?

finally i can rest as an AMD fan

Division is heavily an AMD title

Take this fucking cancer thread to another board.

>doose ex

>doos ex

dropped.

>doose ex

RX 480 is a better card outright, it's just held back by shitty APIs.

WTF, I HATE NVIDIA NOW

this is technology dumbass

announcing sage isn't allowed

being retarded isn't allowed either, but here you are.

pls post full pic

>a thread about the benchmark of one shitty game

honestly though BLACKED has the most professional makeup artists ever

Oh right we all know everyone buys video cards to NOT PLAY VIDEO GAMES

Will 1060 improve performance on DX12 with driver updates?

>novideo
>driver updates that improve performance

>In one game

this

Think its time to update the nvidia fire/amd no driver meme

Now its amd fire/nvidia gimp suit driving

>tfw bought 1060 and DOOM is my favourite game

AMD DX12 is best DX12

>Nvidia's midrange card destroy's AMD's flagship

Damn Rajeets
what are we gonna poo now?

now post the gtx dx11 performance.

Honestly, this game runs like shit for all cards, I don't see how anyone wins here. Only 45 FPS at 1080p, WTF. We all lose.

Absolutely this. Why the fuck cant games be as beautiful as DOOM and run fucking 100fps

what is this

So wait, it's better and AMD is opening up the source on the drivers as well?

Is there a person who could subjectively say if its worth selling my 1060 and picking up 480?

It's subjectively worth selling your 1060 and picking up 480.

Because people eat it up.
It's supposed to be a balancing act between graphics and performance, not shit graphics AND performance.

EA games and I think Square Enix games generally have AMD partnerships.

Subjectively not worth it

This shit is still going on?

>gtx 1060 gets 486 mHash in bitcoin

lol wat, how? They were always shit in it. My 6970 can do 400 mHash or so, and its a 5 year old card.

Wonder how much the 1080 or that new Titan get?

amd released a driver today that boosts performance on all video cards even more

frame pacing. The lower the better. Radeons indicate good performance at the cost of microstuttering (spikes). It's an inherent problem if the radeons ever since specially in crossfire and it only got worse in DX12

Those are called stalls or frame drops

if they are frequent and close together they may cause visible stuttering but those drops are so far apart then you will not be able to see them with the naked eye so hes just trolling.

whats more important is the band which is thinner for the AMD card

if the band is thinner then your 1% minimum FPS is higher

if the spikes are large then your .1% minimums (the lowest FPS in a benchmark but only pertaining to 1-2 frames so invisible to naked eye) is lower.

Nvidia fanboys often engage in this kind of fuckery.

And an additional point about the Fury and the FuyX

the reason they do this is because as a result of HBM (when drivers account for it) the Render curve is significantly tighter than GDDR5 and GDDR5X giving you a much smoother frame latency (super important for VR and also high refresh rate screens at the 120-144-165hz spectrum)

The minimum FPS on fury cards what horrible at first because their drivers were still built on the GDDR5 pipeline but now that they have proper drivers that account for the HBM pipeline the minimum FPS is ridiculously higher than older GDDR5/r5x cards

Why is this important? well because AMD is the only company bringing HBM2 cards to the gaming market. The only HBM2 card nvidia has is GP100 which is completely different architecture and a professional GPU all pascal cards for gaming are GDDR5 and GDDR5x and most if not all Volta cards will be the same.

Meanwhile AMD is bringing HBM2 to the enthusiast gaming market in 2017, replacing the midrange polaris cards with Vega 11 in late 2017 to early 2018 and replacing the enthusiast vega 10 with vega 20 which is upgraded arch on the latest 7nm FF process node and new HBM2+ memory.

Alot of engineering mistake were made on Fury/FuryX which hobbled their performance and even in spite of that with driver updates they remain competitive. Vega10/11/20 will have all of those mistakes solved on top of the latest FinFET process and even bigger architecture improvements than Polaris had over Grenada

Vega 10 is going to be a monster and priced aggressively. You are looking at something that will match the Pascal Titan for the price of the gtx 1080

techreport.com/review/30639/examining-early-directx-12-performance-in-deus-ex-mankind-divided/3

>The R9 Fury X turns in an average FPS result that might make you think its performance is on par with the GTX 1070 once again, but don't be fooled—that card's 99th-percentile frame time number is no better than even the GTX 1060's.
>Playing DXMD on the Fury X and RX 480 was a hitchy, stuttery experience, and our frame-time plots confirm that impression.

>b game streamer
>be streaming mankind divided on Twitch and youtube
>zero stutter from Fury
>minor stutter from 480 that was fixed in the 16.9.1 update

keep trying.......and keep failing

i believe you and your nonexistent evidence.

I could get a used GTX 970 for ~$150 or a new RX480 for about $250

Which one should I go for?

>actually considering nvidia gimpworks enabled gpu.
RX 470 8gb would be good

>claims no evidence
>posts techreport as evidence

stop it user you are becoming a meme

Can't AMD come out with a good card yet so Nvidia can release the counter so I can buy it already? I need the high end, can't believe it AMD step up your game baka

Thanks for the reminder. I completely forgot about 470.

I think that would be a great addition to my budget list.

Normally I would say fuck nvidia but 150$ is a very good deal.

The RX 470 is slightly faster but its like 200$ at the moment so saving 50$ isnt the worst thing in the world.

Problem is i feel that both sides lose with Deus Ex MD

The game feels clunky and framey for me even though im sitting around 60-80fps

Its as if the animations are at 30fps or something. I just cant put my finger on it but the game looks and feels like trash.

its better than no evidence at all rather than a random user just typing words in the internet

jet.com/product/Radeon-RX-470-4GB-GDDR5/9f3d205624bf460e8329e8396eeb4f44

There's this. $165 for 470 if you opt out of free-returns.

maybe you're used to higher framerates?

This game is a shitty example because its a DX12 clusterfuck

Doom running Vulcan was a major eye opener to just how badly microsoft has been fucking us over all these years and I want every game made from here on out to be on the Vulcan API because its multi platform and runs so well on both brands of GPU's

Of course nvidia doesnt want that cause it means having an RX 480 running on the heels of their 450$ gtx 1070

then get that one but where i am im only seeing 200+ for it

nvidia's driver updates managed to increase vulkan performance as well and thats where nvidia intrinsics are not even being used in doom. But either way Vulkan is something what dx12 should strive to and indeed it runs well on both systems

>Doom running Vulcan was a major eye opener to just how badly microsoft has been fucking us over all these years

What is that even supposed to mean?

Deus Ex?

Nvidia DX11 performance: 100fps
AMD DX11 performance: 35fps

Nvidia DX12 performance: 90fps
AMD DX12 performance: 60fps(averaged out from MASSIVE frame stuttering)

Rajeet: Nvidiots BTFO!!!!

You mean run at 100fps like doom?

> those drops are so far apart then you will not be able to see them with the naked eye

This is false.

What are you talking about

>flagship
That's not the Fury X you absolute fucking retard.

youtu.be/tz85_GqYbR8

One more game for 480

I think the "future" wasnt a meme

NVIDIA btfo again, not even surprised anymore. Nvidia is shit in dx12 and vulkan with their overpriced cards

Well its not a btfo by any means, 1-2 fps, but still a win is a win

I assume Forza Horizon 3 is a native DX12 game?

Top fucking kek

hard to say

youtu.be/FVb25eomcrI?t=2m11s
Yeah

What's worse? Some textures that take a second extra to load or having a laggy stuttery game experience?

i noticed that theres one Nvidiot who uses the same 5 "smug white dude" reaction images

i have been on this board too long

what's worse?
being a fanboy faggot.

let people decide for themselves

>tfw bought a 1060 only because the 480s were out of stock
Well, at least I get 5 more fps on Witcher 3, right

We all know the 900 series doesn't run Vulkan for shit.
This texture issue is probably a bandaid fix that doesn't work for shit.

Seems like Pascal is exempt from this issue.
Sucks to be a 900 series user

Just as expected from nvidia gimpworks enabled gpu. Pascal will suffer the same fate when Volta arrives

Spotted the guy with an AMD card

>implying I don't own both nvidia and amd
Too poor to have more then one computer?

you can buy the titan xp already you fucking poorfag

>muh 1080ti
chuck the titan in the bin and get it

I own about three computers

If you werent a poorfag you wouldnt even consider AMDshit.

>Im richer than you because instead of a just Lamborghini I own both a Lamborghini and a Honda Civic that I got off of Craigslist

Jesus, do you even have the ability to reflect over how retarded your posts are?
You don't even consider buying a product based on reviews, you have undying loyalty to one brand?

AMD is objectively shittier than Nvidia, you cant deny this. Even AMD accepts it by going for the poorfag/consolefag market

Undying loyalty to one brand, yep. Case closed
that's an autist

No I am not loyal to one brand.

I have owned AMD and Nvidia cards, and my experience with Nvidia cards has just been better.

You are the one that seems to ignore hard evidence that frametimes and thus stutter is an issue for AMD cards under DX12

Name one case where AMD beats the GTX 1080.

you act like AMD and Nvidia are 1:1, like no difference between buying either and everyones a fanboy

its not like one company has GPUs as their specialty instead of being a shitty merger, has more funding and patents, and is more supported by everyone

I'll just get a 1070 then, i got huge wads of neetbucks

Its made by AMD for a start.

Thought you guys as a rule were all over open-source / freedum software as opposed to extremely locked down proprietary shit like Nvidia?

>dx12

still not even worth using over dx11

stop with the 30 threads a day about this shit take it to Cred Forums

Mining cryptocurrencies

Any 1060 owners? Do we surrender now?

not by a lot, generally Nvidia cards no longer have hardware schedulers and other hardware features that gave AMD an edge in these advanced engines. Nvidia put everything into crushing dx11 at the cost of hardware features. those features inclusion in fermi was one of the reasons they were so hot. now that dx12, vulkan, and other stuff is picking up faster than expected, they're kind of in a corner in this regard. I expect them to put back in the features they gutted in future cards, and temps/TDP to go back up.

that DX11 and a bunch of versions before that were purposely holding back software features people were asking for for years and years. why? because to MS, DX has nothing to do with gaming or graphics and everything to do with platform control. it gives them a software stranglehold on all of gaming and prevents competition or adoption of alternatives. then comes along mantle, and bigger pushes for linux, opengl. ti worked, and a bunch of that stuff which should have been in DX long ago ended up in DX12. MS still uses it as leverage to force people to use their spyware phone OS because it still has wide recognition as a marketing term, especially for the less-intelligent gamer crowd: "oh dx12! that's like the new hotness we've been on dx11 for so long this is going to be amazing!". as much as windows 10 and platform exclusivity is still a huge problem in PC gaming, we're actually moving in generally the right direction for the first time in a long time. expect 2017 into 2018 to be the years when big change really starts.

people have been regurgitating this subjective impression all over the place. is there any evidence that fame skips at that timing are noticeable outside of blog posts like that?

What games that were released in last 2 months ran better on 1060 than 480?

If you want to be more future proof, then yes

>That savage beat-down
user, big ups. That was the perfect response.

In the case where AMD actually tries to make something high end on the new node, see Volta.

> tfw ayymd rx 480 doesnt fit in my case
> probaly going to end up with the slower gtx 1060

Wat do?

Wait for Polaris

Good job for once?

>goyimworks
>AMD title
WEW LAD

If i remember correctly, r9 390 was better than 970 at less price, so why are we expecting different results this time? It will be the same, 480 wins price/perf

>Fury
>flagship
no

Because they don't use vulkan like doom

Dude you're a retard if you think the new versions of Nvidia video cards aren't just rebrands.

A GTX260 can run Starcraft II on high settings at ~45 FPS. A GTX960 can also only run Starcraft II on high settings at ~45 FPS.

What do i do with my 1060 :( i am afraid it will be obsolete in half a year

Yesterday I ran your mom at 60 thrusts per second

my buddy still games on his gtx470
>1060
>obsolete in a year

wew lad..

>calling minecraft a game

Just sold my 1070 for £40 more than I paid for it, will get a 470 until high DX 12 compliant cards are out for either.

sure you did

>1-2 frames so invisible to naked eye
Get out.

DX12 in mankind divided is literally a beta, hitman has none of those issues and the AMD card stomp the nvidia cards in it

Thanks for agreeing, got it for £340 because paypal gave me a 10% off code on ebay, person was selling them for £380. Figured I'd be better off waiting until there's a DX 12 centered card and sold it for £380 a week later as the prices fluctuated to £400 +.

>Muh buttcoins
>Muh Async
fucking kek

The actual DX12 patch comes out today. Should be interesting

Buy a new case, wtf kinda piece of shit are you using?

>>Nvidia's midrange card destroy's AMD's flagship
>Damn Rajeets
>what are we gonna poo now?
Lol what?
In particle simulation and face detection I guess???

They fixed Dx11 stuttering though.

They'll fix Dx12 too.

>better performance/cost?
only because they don't include the hidden cost of having to replace your burned motherbord each few months in their calculations.

>gayming benchmarks
you need to go back.

>Beat down
Not when my 1080 destroys your little Rajeet card in every game
but keep bringing up shit nobody cares about like buttcoins or Async, im sure itll change the fact that Nvidia is just better when you pretend theyre actually bad.

once again amd wins conveniently for nvidia since 90% of sales occur in the first month

>since 90% of sales occur in the first month

where you getting this from.

Once again AMD wins conveniently because some Pajeet found a very rare situation where AMD cards have better performance

>Being this asspained over AMD having a good value-for-money card
I can only imagine the asspain had AMD released a GTX 1080 beating card costing less people like you would be exhibiting and I haven't owned a dedicated AMD/ATi card since the Radeon 9800 Pro.

>good value for money
only in AMD branded games that make sure to load up on dat Async

>Developer chooses to take advantage of more than just the absolute minimum features of DX12 (like Futuremark did)
>Damn pajeets!!!!
Cred Forums and Cred Forums are that way =>

Seeing how more and more engines are beginning to take advantage of it and the fact that the number of engines being used by devs has shrunken dramatically it's obvious that we're going to see more and more games that are "AMD branded".

So it's ending up being true. Amd's bet in long term is paying off finally, will be interesting to see how competition will drop prices.
I was actually this close to getting a 480, but stopped for a moment, and thought the main games I play do favor nvidia's architecture, so I ended up grabbing a 970 from a family member for half of what the 480 retails, and so far seems to be the wiser choice.

>Name one thing that amd does better
>Here's one thing that it does better
>I-IT COMPLETELY DESTROYS MY POINT!! IT DOESN'T COUNT!!

Quit posting wrong information you niggers
techreport.com/blog/30506/re-examining-the-unusual-frame-time-results-in-our-radeon-rx-470-review

Because huge spikes something good nowadays?
The GTX is more consistent with its framerate, which results in an overall smoother experience.

I thought AMD fixed that single GPU microstutter shit.

[GO]

So I will jump in this thread and ask this here.

I got a 980 back as replacement from an RMA, and resell prices are still pretty high here.
I am considering of selling it and getting a new 1060 for warranty reasons and so on.
Should I do that or stay with the 980.

Is there any video of 480 vs 1060, both aftermarket, both OC to the max and benchmarked on titles released in last 3 months?

What the fuck is going on in that picture?

Nice, what popped, user?

>tfw seeing AMD fanboys talk about how much better the RX 480 is for DX12 and how future proof it is for months now
>tfw I bought a 1060 today
>tfw I don't regret my purchase

amd shill pls leave

Have to use a coupon code, and the price goes down when its in cart as well. I got the msi 470 for $165 a month or so ago.

Quiet and cool at 1350Mhz/1110mV.

Runs Witcher maxed (excpet hair works in low) perfectly at 1080p.

They're both great cards, famalam. Enjoy.

As long as it's the 6gb anyway.

>AMD card performs better than NVIDIA card in AMD 'sponsored' games

Really makes you think...

It doesn't fucking matter. Neither of them can run Crysis at a minimum 120 FPS, let alone 150.

>dude sex
It's AMD sponsored, faggot

$220 1060 6GB
vs
$220 RX480 8GB

Both are aftermarket

stupid people dont regret mistakes
thats why theyre stupid

Really makes you think...

I bought a 1060 6Gb three weeks ago. It's still in the box. First Nvidia card I've ever owned. Been ATi since my Rage 128 Pro 16GB All in Wonder.

I wanted the 480 but for MSRP, not for the inflated prices. I also didn't want a bigger power supply.

Might return the 1060 6GB if prices come down next week.