Why aren't you using a manly phone, user? Did you fall for the thin phone meme...

Why aren't you using a manly phone, user? Did you fall for the thin phone meme? Are you some sort of dick-sucking iphone-owning nancy boy?

Pic is a manly phone, it's a CatPhone S60

FLIR camera for seeing rioting dindus in the dark
Surpasses MIL-SPEC 810G
Waterproof up to 5 meters
Drop proof up to 1.8 meters
Gorilla Glass 4 screen, 1mm thick
3800mAh battery
38 hrs talk time
48 days standby time
Comfy headphone jack
Comfy microSD slot
Comfy damn-near-stock Marshmallow
Autofocus *front* camera
Octacore processor, 3MB RAM

Put it in a sock, and you can swing it around your head and use it as a weapon in your next bar fight or "peaceful protest".

My Moto E is manly enough, it has a bumper around it

Don't like OP, you're not using that phone either.
Because it's costly, and aside from the low resolution thermal imaging gimmick, it's not a good phone.

Been looking at this phone. You think it's worth the cop?

I am using a manly phone though

But I am.

the real attraction is the flir camera

Because its overpriced. Also a pain to get repaired, I have personally repaired two of these.
iPhone's are just cheaper.

It's hella stout and the thermal camera has proven useful. I've found a couple of insulation problems in the house, and found a light switch with wiring problems. The thermal camera is sensitive enough that you can see your footprints where you walked across the floor for 10+ mins. Kinda spooky when I saw it the first time.
Battery lasts me about 4 days now that it's settled in.

I've been waiting for this to get release. Is it out yet?

>basically equating the brand of phone you use to your masculinity

Haha, you're a faggot.

I was going to get that but the specs are sorta the same as my current phone and I cant justify spending 700 or whatever on a phone just to get a lepton sensor, when I could buy a lepton for 135 last I checked.

I would have bought it but they took way too long to release it and now im kinda meh.

Its a sexy ass phone, but watch out, some fag ruined his because when he dropped it in a creek, the door flap for the sd/sim cards popped open.

I wish the lepton sensor was better, its literally their only affordable sensor :(

yes, it started shipping about a month ago.

says an user who's too weak and twee to carry a rugged phone that can also spot "peacefully protesting" nignogs in the dark.

>3MB RAM
What is this, the fucking 80s?

In all seriousness, if you can't unlock your bootloader you're a little bitch.

The flir software takes photos with both the lepton sensor and camera and integrates the two to improve flir image quality and make the thermal image more recognizable for those of us who don't have lots of practice interpreting thermal images. It's much nicer than a bolt-on solution.

You should never need more than 3mb of ram, thats plenty.
t. bill

sorry, 3GB. I'm old enough to have run Unix with 60+ concurrent users on machines with only 2MB RAM.

Im familiar with that technology, but it mostly just overlays a wire frame on top of the flir picture so you can better interpret the images like you said.
I need something that can spot shit innawoods at night farther away than something thats right in my face.. fucking coyotes bears and panthers might be cocking over my night walks.. something sketchy is going on and I want to know what.

You can pick up small animals from a decent distance.

So you are telling me your masculinity is defined by the phone you use? Thats alpha as fuck

The sensor will spot things over 100 yds away. See the shot from the Texans-Bears game.

Biggest problem identifying bears innawoods is the lack of depth information in the thermal image. Never had to find a bear but did have to find my beagle innawoods weekend before last - was visiting parents and he got out and I had to find him before he jumped a rabbit. Worked well, though lack of depth perception was a minor issue. But then I already knew how big he was. With a bear it could be a big bear close up or a small bear far away, and the difference is significant.

when you do night ops you gotta go with some of that gen 3 hs filmless shit bruh

My problem with low res is shit like cats like to be in the fucking trees, I assume panthers do the same thing. With all the trees and foliage and shit I dont want the red to be drowned out with blue.
maybe

>tfw walking onnaroad near innawoods in near pitch black conditions and something heavy hits a guard rail 15 feet infront of you
sounded like someone hit it with a slingshot or a hammer.

You mean a small bear close or a big bear far away.

The lack of depth perception can be compensated for to a certain extent by moving laterally while keeping the target centered, to give you an idea of the sort of radius you'd be dealing with if you described an arc around your target.

>800 burgerbucks
That's why. I'd buy it if it was 400-500 though, it checks all my autistic requirements