Windows Phone

Why do the most attractive phones have to be the most underrated? This phone looks comfy af but nobody wants to develop anything useful for it

That actually looks good enough to use wtf i love hp now

Also checked

Does it gets software updates?

nobody wants to develop for ms because developing for ms is pissfuck shitty

Dude, give it a rest.

I can't. The webums, they call to me.

All Windows Phones get software updates from Microsoft directly until the phone's hardware can no longer run the latest Windows.

I'm seriously considering just getting a replacement for my current phone when my contract's up

Developing for Win32 is shitty, but Visual Studio and Xamarin support is top notch

I know your feel senpai

Fucking sucks. If only Windows/Windows phone was actually good. Though that would mean an absolute monopoly unfortunately

I'm glad you're back. I missed you.

MS and their shit windows phones can sucky fucking dick. Bought a phone from one of their Microsoft kiosks in the mall. $130 for an entry 8.1 windows phone "guaranteed" to get the windows 10 update. I just want a cheap peak into the world of what windows might have to offer in the mobile market. I never received that update. Apps worth having were never made. Mobile IE is shit.

Had they actually proven themselves to be competent, I'd have gladly bought their Lumia 1530 or whatever the fuck their top notch $800 phone is. But nope. They've poisoned the well for me as far as windows phones are concerned.

Windows phone had the potential to be amazing but no apps

Not sure how the development ecosystem is

> I never received that update.
Did you download Upgrade Advisor?

>until the phone's hardware can no longer run the latest Windows.
My phone can run windows 10 if you install it manually in dev mode but it didnt recieve it officially

That phone is too expensive

>Though that would mean an absolute monopoly unfortunately
Like what's happening with Android like now?

My main issue with Windows phones is the lack of adblock without root/jailbreak or whatever it's called (inter-something unlocking)

Thre is a web browser that block ads for wp10 - monument browser

Windows Phone user here.
The phone works just fine, never lags and never gives any performance issues but it definitely comes with its own set of limitations.

The two most major problems being the limited software library and the occasional application compatibility issues caused by updates.

If you're used to Android or iOS, don't buy a Windows phone. If on the other hand you want a phone for little more than internet browsing, YouTube and, well, calling people obviously, then do get it. Microsoft's phones are pretty cheap for what they do and the build quality they come with.

I fucking love this phone.. Can't wait to get one.

>If only Windows/Windows phone was actually good
Except it is great. Significantly better than Android actually. The only downside is the extreme lack of apps. I have a Lumia 640 and it shits on all other phones in every way except apps.

I had a lumia, can't recall the model. It was pretty fast and comfy, but fuck the lack of apps. Also, didn't like that I couldn't access the file system directly

It's not targeted as a consumer phone. The idea is options, much like the HP Ipaq had with sleves.

There is an official first party file manager, but you have to download it from the store. No idea why.

But of course, it can't access the WINDOWS directory as expected.

It's dead, Jim. Let it root in peace already

Oh, almost forgot to mention. The built-in productivity tools are great if you're a cloud computing botnet kinda guy.

I don't know if it still works, but if you create a shortcut .lnk to "C:\" on your pc and then just copy it over to your phone you can browse the system files just fine.

Can you boot android on to this?

Unfortunately not.
Windows phone is dead. I was one of the most vocal advocates both IRL and on Cred Forums, no more. The update to 10 ruined my 930 and app support actually got WORSE with time.

Why not roll back?

Not him, but they froze the windows phone 8 store like a year or two ago and a lot of apps got discontinued for the 10 version (and it's a different API). And when microsoft discontinues an old app it means you can't use it.

Dunno, I rolled back, and everything works fine.
Maybe I'm not much a user of Windows Store.

Oh I guess they just never updated the 8.1 store with the discontinued apps. Makes sense. I just assumed that Microsoft would fuck over 8 users just like they fuck over 10 users.

I suppose I could but it wouldn't make a difference on the app front. My bank and local public transport have both discontinued their apps due to low windows phone adoption, it's just too much of a hassle.

Because you're retarded hipster
/thread

There is WinPhone jailbreak?

Yes, interop unlock. Check xda

same senpai. Love this fucking phone. No clue what I am going to do when this thing dies...

Don't fucking lie to your self. Windows 10 phone is not nearly as stable as Andrroid or IOS. They have hardly changed anything in the last two years. Windows 10 phone has less capabilities t hen 8.1 phone some how..

It's much more then the app environment. When MS can truly offer desktop environment on the phone they will have something going for them.. The thing is, that is not the goal. It's not going to happen.

Live tiles where cool but have not changed and for the most part have less capability the two years ago.. bullshit

wtf would happen when you bought the pajeet edition. the 1530 was one of the best phone experiences I've ever had

TRIGGERED

>When MS can truly offer desktop environment on the phone
They tried.
Later iPhone came out.

>When MS can truly offer desktop environment on the phone
>desktop environment on the phone
>desktop environment
>on the phone
>desktop
>phone
>desktop on phone

Kill yourself.

>where's the ed-
>oh it's fucking nothing
>can't even click on the image to shrink it again

Really good phone, but the OS is trash.
It's a shame, I really liked my Lumia 1320, but even Microsoft has given up on it.

>When MS can truly offer desktop environment on the phone they will have something going for them
they did and you soccer mom fucks were too dumb to use it so it didn't survive the iRevolution

fuck the desktop shit anyway, I just want a pocket computer that actually feels like a pocket computer instead of a dumbed down telescreen

MS shill thread.

A Surface rebrand won't save this shit.

Now fuck off.

>A Surface rebrand won't save this shit.
maybe not, but that's not the phone's fault

saved
let them come for my pepe colection

You probably have it already.

UWP isn't as bad now/getting better. W/ that bridge you can container all your win32 apps and have them in the store now, so you don't have file droppings left around your computer when you uninstall it.

I hope MS plans their reentry in the the mobile market soon enough with their Surface Phone in 2-3 years, after working on the Enterprise market.

I've heard windows phone isn't too bad to deploy and support, so that might go well.

At this point, the app gap isn't that bad, and most major apps (sans meme startups are on windows phone (or you can just use the website)), and it's mostly people who've never tried windows phone saying it's a piece of shit. Everyone whose used it enjoyed it.

*********WARNING THIS IS A SHILL THREAD*********

*********PAJEETS GO HOME*********

*********PAJEETS GO HOME*********

The WP number schemes is crazy.
See how logical are numbers in others.

Iphone 3-4-5-6-7
Samsung Galaxy S3-S4-S5-S6-S7

Lumia

its better than Android already then

Don't worry, sometimes they still break, just like on Android.

Google should have bought Nokia for their Pixel line (done this a few years ago), it would have crushed. The Lumia's are excellent lines of phones.

There are people that still cling on this dead platform?

What are you even talking about. Pajeets use android exclusively. WP is white

>"af"
kill yourself

Platform isn't dead (just got updates this past Tuesday), only the Lumia line is dead. The HP Elite something something is a decent Enterprise level phone, and contiunumm is coming along nicely. MS just has to avoid doing stupid shit and win some more developers over (the centenial bridge should help), and they'll be fine.

WP is jews and SJWs

name a better alternative

iOS

They can only provide what Android has been enjoying for years now

WP is the best option for Exchange / Sharepoint / etc environments. I'm hoping, now that the API unification is finally complete, the misc severe bullshit will stop.

Just get a launcher and use android

Been a WP user for couple of years now and got to say. It makes me so fucking sad that WP is dying and I have to move on to Iphone or Android.
I rly loved the maps, navigation, live tiles, how it syncs with my workplace and pc...
But at this point situation is unbearably bad with the apps. Basically wp user is shut off from all the other device users. I cant play freaking pokemon. Cant use those gym or jogging apps that my friends use. I cant even open videos anymore that my friends send to me.

Anyway fu all who never bought wp and let the great thing die.

>nobody buys windows phones because no apps
>devs make no apps because nobody buys windows phones

Who is supposed to break the ice here?

Verizon never carried a good WP, otherwise I would have one. Verizon is the only one with decent coverage in most of the US so MS failure to get good phones on their network by sucking AT&T cock was their doom.

Which happens every release. Wp7 phones can't run wp8. Wp8 phones can't run wp10. Shitty Microsoft is shitty.

Cycle can't be broken.
Android became competitive by being on literally every phone except iPhones and was still inferior to iPhone's selection for years.