Is there any real reason not to pimp out your workstation? Hardware and software counting here...

Is there any real reason not to pimp out your workstation? Hardware and software counting here. Any good reason not to go full neon blacklights and extra status displays?

I'm not counting "waste of money" or "waste of electricity" as good reasons here.

Also, pimpout thread in general.

I can't decide between dwm and awesome for my window manager. Are there more? Which one seems to be best?

i3-gaps is nice

>Is there any real reason not to pimp out your workstation?
nope

I wanted to use sway but i couldn't get it to work out of the box and didn feel like troublehooting

i hear it's pretty good though

Is this the new desktop thread?

Kek, you are wasting so much space with those gaps

I have my inner and outer i3 gaps set to like 3px. I just need them there because it's easier on my eyes than having all my currently opened windows mashed together.

I'm an idiot and a newfag here on Cred Forums and I'd like to up my game, both from a ricing standpoint and knowing what I'm doing standpoint.

If they ever release my preferred games on linux, I'm never booting into windows again.

if you don't want to look like a manchild then it's not a good idea. if that doesn't apply to you then go with god.

Hey Cred Forums, while I'm at it, I swapped graphics cards and my linux stopped being able to use its frontend, probably because I went from ATI to Nvidia.

I'm gonna reinstall because I fucked up the previous one by experimenting a lot (I regret none of this) but I'm considering: Archlinux vs. Debian vs Ubuntu?

I use AwesomeWM.

Easy configuration, easy to extend, lightweight.

i've got so many dependencies that I'm reinstalling or installing an entirely new distro so often that it's pointless

i'm also generally dual or triple booting or more and it's too much effort, i'll slap gnome on it if I can be fucked

AwesomeWM, best tiling WM.

its obnoxious, makes you look like a child and its a waste of time.

is this the new desktop thread

nigga why do you need us to validate your decisions

How did you set up the top task bar ?

Pimping workstation is useless

Indeed

Only manchildren give a shit about what others think about them. If a guy says my computer is stupid because its pimped out, then he's jealous cause he has no money, or his significant other is a cunt and won't let him. If its a chick, then its a good filter for whether or not I would even be interested. I certainly don't want some stuck up bitch who is going to look down on my hobbies.

post wallpaper pls

personally I'm annoyed by bright-ass LEDs because sometimes I want my computer to run in the night and creating an artificial sun in my computer's fans isn't the greatest thing to do when I want to sleep.

if you dig it though, go for it. it's your money and time.

that's not true.
setting up often-used shortcuts is always worth it, if you're going to work in a graphical environment.
Other DE/WM features can be argued about, but ricing your windows to have a smaller frame decoration can be worth it as well if your screen is small. same goes for tiling WMs, those can improve productivity as well.

cute loli

Is this the new workstation thread?

having to think about annoying lights causes unnecessary cognitive overhead.