My internet runs like shit Cred Forums because my modem is on the other side of the house and I'm in my bedroom getting...

My internet runs like shit Cred Forums because my modem is on the other side of the house and I'm in my bedroom getting a connection from one of those wifi dongles what do I need so it doesn't run like shit in my room? Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HomePlug
amazon.com/TP-LINK-Powerline-Pass-through-TL-PA8010P-KIT/dp/B00Y3QPG1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Install Gentoo.

get a pci wifi adapter with antennas. have one horizontal and one vertical. if you get one with a third, have it at a 45 degree angle. set the antennas on the modem in the same way. also move the modem to the middle of the house and move it out from behind anything

this, op

/thread

Runs some cable drops, faggot.

use this wifi adapter instead of that shit
>TL-WN722N

cheers lads

Yeah I can't I still live with my mum and still hates that shit she has OCD

Would this be alright? I live in Australia.

>I live in Australia
There's your problem.

Currently have this one

That's should be work fine
That's a shit

I have TL-WN722N and works fine trought the walls.
Good luck

PowerLines?

If you use or wanna use mac osx check first compatibility on interner
E.g : tp-link uses atheros chip and dind't work

3 walls distance , open door 5/5 , cloosed door 4/5 but the connection work's very great
Srry my english

>TL-WN722N

I googled it but it seems not powerful enough idk maybe I saw the wrong one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HomePlug

my mum will never let me otherwise I would what are my alternatives?

as an alternative you can use a router in client or repeater mode

I had a similar problem, I have one 2 desktops, one has a cheap shit usb wifi dongle other has a PCIE card

I have the PCIE card sitting in a place where it gets good speed/signal then use windows 10 wifi hotspot to broadcast another hotspot from there which extends its range so I can get good speed on both desktops

>mum won't let me run a cable

What a cunt. Move out, manbaby.

^^ this, fuck wireless its dammed awful

1. WiFi extender (make sure you get one with the appropriate frequency for your access point and card/dongle)

Start by plugging it in midway through your house and experiment with different locations until you find one that gives you the best speed.

2. Get a better wireless adapter; a larger dongle on a USB extension or a PCIe card with several antennas would be a good idea.

OR

3. If your house is good for it, try ethernet-over-powerline adapters, you can get 100~1000mbps speeds between areas that would have abysmal WiFi signal. They tend to add a steady 1ms of latency, but are far less prone to interference compared to WiFi signals.

why not just get a powerline? I was in your exact situation. I use this one here, works great.

amazon.com/TP-LINK-Powerline-Pass-through-TL-PA8010P-KIT/dp/B00Y3QPG1A

put one next to your router directly to wall, plug ethernet to router port then plug the other one to wall next to your pc plug in your ethernet to your pc

Now you should have fast stable internet

Be a man and tell the bitch to keep her mouth shut and bake more cookies.

Try with Powerline

I have a Linksys E1200 V2 (ddwrt with stock settings) connected to a cable modem. My computer has a cable running to the E1200.
My question is in regards to speed. With a direct connection to the modem, speeds average out to 110Mbps. However, with a cable running from the E1200 speed drops to about 50Mbps. I have disabled WiFi and QoS and the issue is still there.
How to fix, Cred Forums?

TP-LINK doesn't release source for their hardware, and your use of their products mean you agree to the following:

>The products of TP-LINK partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License("LGPL").

Translation: The devs who created this shit you're about to use are legally obligated to inform you that there are some pieces of open source software that make this product work. There's a bunch of other software used too but we're not gonna tell you about it. None of its malicious or used to spy on you though. We promise. Just plug it into your computer and stop asking questions.

>In order to comply with the terms of the GPL TP-LINK, where applicable, offers a mail service in order to obtain a machine readable source code of the software subject to the GPL, on a CR-Rom upon request by mail or email.

"Machine readable" = enjoy trying to figure out how our shit works.

>The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Translation: We can do what we want on your computer and you can't hold us accountable because we aren't claiming our products do or do not do anything.

>ethernet-over-powerline adapters
Came here to suggest that... search for PLC adapters

so glad my mom let me be hardcore

if you have another with a wireless adapter, you can bridge the connection from it to your computer by connecting them with a cable. I have my laptop connected to the wifi and a cable running from it to my desktop, and I have a wireless adapter on my desktop, so I get double the speed. The only problem is if you use a laptop like me make it one you dont care about because you will have to leave it on and plugged in as long as you want to use it which kills its battery.

move out of mommy and daddy's house