ITT we confess to things we assume the Cred Forumsentlemen here won't like

>ITT we confess to things we assume the Cred Forumsentlemen here won't like

I actually like unity and would love to use Ubuntu on a touch screen laptop/pc. I don't think it's bloated at all since Ubuntu on boot uses half as much ram as windows 10 does.

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/22/palmer-luckey-the-facebook-billionaire-secretly-funding-trump-s-meme-machine.html
liveleak.com/view?i=109_1466777448
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

See, the issue is that RAM conservation is only useful when carrying out mission critical task, and Linux doesn't support the software compatibility required for mission critical task.

Being less bloated than windows does not mean it's not.

to see how much windows uses you have to disable paging first

unity is not that bad but gnome is faster and nicer to work in

the scrollbars on both are terrible

I think people who buy expensive watches are closet homosexuals. I think people who buy expensive watches and then feel the need to post pictures of their watches with other homos and judge each others homosexuality are beta-male faggots who need to be sterilized. Why don't you queers go pick up some high heel shoes while you're at it so you have something to gab about with the girls.

Watches are supposed to tell time, that's it. Men aren't supposed to wear fashion statements.

>Linux doesn't support the software compatibility required for mission critical task

>Linux is used in extremely large servers and by NASA

It's also a display of wealth you poor fag

Attention whore

It's a massive hunk of "look how rich I am" that you wear on your wrist. To make a statement of wealth and entice the sloots

Not gay just frivolous financial flaunting

it's sad those clothes aren't of good quality, it kinda ruins it.

I think I'd rather admit to being a pole-smoker than being such a basic bitch of a man that I need to visually brag about my life to other sclubs who actually pay attention to that crap.

The only thing you're attracting with your shiny objects are braindead whores who are going to give you herpes and other fags in denial.

Watch the buzzwords, user. Jesus Christ.

"Anything I disagree with is buzzwords"

You don't know what that word means, queer.

>using queer as a generic insult
Neither do you.

It means you enjoy being anally penetrated by other men, which you do.

well fuckin excuse me for liking nice things...
perfect post for this thread i hate you.

I love my macbook pro with the new macOS.

I'm sad that Steve jobs is dead.

I don't mind unity when on Ubuntu.

I'm actually a functioning person with a job and career in computer engineering.

It's fine to like nice things. If you buy expensive hand-made Swiss watches because you're legitimately passionate about the craftsmanship that goes into them and the painstaking work it takes to make them, more power to you, I have no beef with you.

It's when you buy them BECAUSE they're expensive or because they just look nice or because some fag on Cred Forums told you this brand was the bees-knees or because you need something to post pictures of for validation that I think you're a giant knob-gobbler.

1) I think Ubuntu is an objectively good distro to use on your desktop and that Debian and OpenSUSE have lost their relevance on servers (Centos is the new "server" distro).

2) Both functional programming and object-oriented programming have their strengths and weaknesses, there is no reason not to mix them and cherrypick what works and discard what doesn't. Haskell is a nice language to learn functional programming with, but limiting yourself to only using Haskell is stupid since it's a language intended as a Lisp replacement for teaching functional programming.

3) C++11 and newer (14, 17) has turned C++ into a modern multiparadigm language and Linus is just wrong in his dated assumptions about C++

4) Despite using Linux as my desktop OS at work, there are no good desktop environments on Linux and I constantly have to deal with annoying shit like thunderbird crashing for no reason, which makes it understandable why normies don't like it. That being said, Linux is a very stable OS and I wouldn't use anything else, but I'm a power user.

5) Most of Cred Forums doesn't know shit about computers and this is reflected in the amount of shitty troll threads and bait that people respond to. It's not trolling and being bored enough to reply to trolls, it's actual shear ignorance and real misconceptions that make people reply to bait.

Oh yeah, I forgot

6) I use OS X (macOS) on my laptop and its battery life and being a "UNIX for the masses" makes it objectively the best OS I've used on a laptop. I hate iOS and my iPhone though, got an iPhone because I was pleasantly surprised by my Macbook Pro, but the iPhone was disappointing except for the camera quality.

The irrational hate anime gets on this board is actually a lot more offtopic and derailing than the actual anime avatar fags. In the past it was opposite, but the huge influx from other boards with a hostile anti-anime attitude is just annoying.

I don't even like anime myself.

Most people in the /wt/ are in the first category. It's not like sluts even care or know watch brands.

The shitposting in general is getting unbearable. It's difficult to have a conversation about anything with all these "rajeet. Poo in loo" rubbish

Yeah, I agree.

If it makes you feel better, a lot of them are getting paid to shitpost. Most of them stick to Cred Forums but there's definitely been some bleed-off.

thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/22/palmer-luckey-the-facebook-billionaire-secretly-funding-trump-s-meme-machine.html

Plus this guy isn't the only one paying people to post. Cred Forums is full of its own brand of shills.

4) maybe look into ditching DEs and only using a WM, like AwesomeWM. Took me a bit to get used to it, but I've ended up with a much larger amount of speed & control over my desktop & windows.

what wrong with liking something because it looks nice? I think you're the faggot.

It's simple minded. See how defensive you're getting? That's beta-male shit.

I'm a transgender and jealous of the girl in ops pic.
After using arch and debian minimal install I just went with ubuntu mate to get stuff done.
People who think in the alpha beta categories are in denial.

I smoke cigarettes
i dont like beer or alcohol
I love xfce
i think LG is a good value brand
i own a PS4
windows only recently got bad
JanusVR is fun

Linux is shit, because it has nogaems

I enjoy LinusTechTips and i watch every video.

AAHA !
I KNEW IT !

VLC is usable in most cases and is my first choice most of the time when I just want to play something

I think that of people who use one on each wrist.

windows 10 is good
mac is nice
linux suck
amd is bad
nvidia is good

>Sexual Orientation: Extra Queer
What did she mean with this?

I like cortana and without a linux equivalent I wont use linux on my main PC at home (I have always used it on my laptop).

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING

Yeah bro, it's two thousand fucking sixteen and you got rickrolled.
Leave your Cred Forums pass at the door when you walk out..

>I'm a transgender
>People who think in the alpha beta categories are in denial

A tranny calling other people in denial?

kek

There's a place for both Linux, Windows and MacOS. It's a matter of personal taste and all three are viable options.

Programming languages are tools and should be used accordingly. Limiting yourself to a single one just stifles growth.

Flat design was a pretty good idea.

I use Microsoft services over Google ones.
I use Firefox instead of Chrome.
I really like Win 10.
I only buy AMD GPU's.

I can agree with you on everything except the last one.

People have preferences to windows Linux and macOS. Using one does not mean you are wrong, you just expect different things.

There is no "correct" computer language. Different languages have different strengths and weaknesses and depending on the task, will determine the language that is best to use.

But the flat design, it looks great on the windows phone. I hate the iOS version of flat though. Bring back the old style of it!

You're a retard. You're right about the rest of Cred Forums being retards too though

I think this should be banned from Cred Forums. Calling someone out without any facts to back it up. Not even an opinion on anything better just "you're wrong"

This. Plus it's available on every OS I've tried so far

I like cortana and without a linux equivalent I wont use linux on my main PC at home (I have always used it on my laptop).

Doesn't work for me.

Okay

Ubuntu is a normie version of linux, though I'm not surprised you like it since you're into macs. It is slower than other distros and doesn't provide any advantages besides "it just werks"

OOP is generally better and more useful but Cred Forums is contrarian and autistic
>b-but muh os is written in c

C++ is a mess and not worth learning in 2016

I agree with you here

>I-I know way more about computers than all you guys

>OSX is good
top marketer

This was around $700. Tells the time and date. No battery. Nice and accurate.

Still just opinion, but at least it's an attempt.

It's more the principle behind flat design than the execution. In a time where everything is supposed to be responsive and lightweight, reducing the number of elements in an interface and making them more easily scalable makes perfect sense. I agree with you on iOS looking awkward right now, and I think another redesign is in order.

Fair enough. Ultimately we want the OS to get out the way so that the applications we actually use can get on with it.

>I'm happy with Windows 10
>I use old, stock, insecure Sony ROM
>I'm using fingerprint reader to login to Windows
>I masturbate to gay furry flash animations
>I work for the botnet
>I give zero shits about free software, stallman cuck and linus cuckvalds

also
>I'm using my ThinkPad T430 as a gayming cockstation
>I give no shits about Cred Forums opinions on any thread, I'm just here to not feel alone

>I'm just here to not feel alone
I keep clover in my social folder on my phone because I barely talk to anyone IRL outside of work

(You)
(You)
liveleak.com/view?i=109_1466777448

>>I'm using my ThinkPad T430 as a gayming cockstation
>T430
To the it goes
Only T420 masterrace

How do I do that?

Open in GIMP
ctrl+e(export)
select the format Raw Image Data(under PPM) or just delete the extension.
open resulting file in video player

What the fuck is the purpose of these threads? Hugbox?

This is beautiful. Thank you very much.

Your opinion is objectively correct, but that isn't fun when we are trolling to blow off steam about Cred Forums issues.

with your ableism

I keep it in the default tray where the dialer was.

Thanks.

Just leave if you don't like it.

How did you make a thread without an image?

Congrats, user. That's easily the saddest thing I read this week.

I use Unity too OP, for similar reasons. It uses up only a small amount of RAM (500mb out of 8gb) and it's smooth and clutter-free (unlike the other big DEs)

Cred Forums hates the fuck out of it for some reason though just as you said

Eh? I'm having dysphoria how is this correlated with faggots in denial?

I have two android phones. One is old and I use that for faffing and fapping around the house, and one is completely stripped of any personal accounts or contacts apart from my sim card, uses fdroid, runs as a TOR relay, offline GPS mapping only. That's my passive-receiving daily driver. I do most of my voice calls through a landline at work or through VOIP at home.

Cred Forums plz

I think dysphoria is because your ideas about gender are bad and wrong, not that you belong in either catagory. That is why alpha-beta male redpill types and transgender people are both in the same box in my head. You're both stupid and find it exceedingly difficult to change your ideas about things in response to empirical data.

I don't seed torrents

The opinions of the average, real-life feminist are pretty reasonable.

At least you have good taste in anime

If a normie distro is what it takes for me to get real work done instead of fucking around with drivers, then maybe I'm just a normie. By that measure, OS X is even better - it's familiar and reliable enough that I hardly have to think about the OS, just whatever I'm working on.

the average, real life feminist is a college sjw in 2016, you are dumb

Similarly, I keep OKCupid and Hornet in my Games folder as a sort of cynical joke

I just haven't installed Clover because it'd feel like admitting I have a problem

Well could be. But it's there and I can't to much about the discomfort I get when looking at my body and it's masculine traits. It's either isolating and escaping or going through transition.

i smoke marijuana

I barely do anything Cred Forums related and just lurk here for stupid advice once in a while when it comes new hardware
I smoke

>Hornet

What sort of faggot are you?

I like ubuntu and unity. I quit using vim because pycharm is better for getting work done. I'll be getting a ubuntu phone as soon as they're commercially available in the US.

Dubs of truth.

I like C# and .NET.

Are you a very large server or nasa? No? So why would it fucking matter on your anime rice os?

I'm Indian.

The people getting bent out of shape in this thread are fags, as are the people replying to obvious bait.

I don't get the hype for think-pads, buying old hardware that people have used to fap creeps me out.

I genuinely think the Macbook Air is the best laptop for $1k

Unity is my favorite DE, wish I could get it on Fedora.

I think it's unreasonable that Fedora is still called Fedora, they need to rename it to something less cringe

Macbook air, over a 13" macbook pro?

Pro is over $1k

But air is just a glorified netbook. Buy a HP stream 11, lol

Yeah, having actually looked, it's quite a powerful laptop. Thought it was underpowered like the macbook.

I get autistic rage when I see someone destroying computer equipment. I love computers and every generation should be part of some museum.

I also hoard old computers and computer parts I find

The article's been debunked.

>when you're such a hipster that the OS actually working isn't an "advantage"

also C++ is fine if you're not stupid

Dont wear any of the watches ive been gifted but its no diff from a nice car, or a big house. Its a signal to the opposite sex - youre saying, i could provide for you and any future children, which women have evolved to drip for.