Linux is fine for 99% of normies

Today (yes I know that immediately makes it sound like a reddit post) I used open source software to fill in a .DOCX job application form from start to finish

Ubuntu 16.04 is my OS
I used Libreoffice to edit it, GIMP to create a small image, Simple Scan to scan some bio documents, Firefox to email it (through gmail because I can't be fucked with private email servers and it's bad practice anyway), and mpv to watch a video to distract myself when I started getting bored of it.

There is no longer any excuse to not use Linux, everyone should switch over from Winshit or OSX. If you're one of those faggots who uses Autocad or other Windows-only software then you should use whatever works as you have a legit excuse.

>Today (yes I know that immediately makes it sound like a reddit post)
How would one know that?

Nice blog, faggot. Too bad I didn't read it and nobody gives a fuck about your hobby OS.

>posted from my Arch Linux

>you should use whatever works as you have a legit excuse
Things don't work at my openSUSE:
>mounting dews through konqueror
>auto-connecting to network
I'm lazy to fix those things up therefore I just use Windows XP Shitpost Pack 3.

it still has no games so no

Back to plebbit with you normie google

noone cares about lonix just some irrelevant autist neckbeard group

Lol Linux is awesome xD

lol manchild gaymerbabby is mad heheehe

QEMU with gpu passthrough.

Hey guys do you use Linux? You should. I use Ubuntu. That's African for "I know about computers."

>autism with autism
>normies

when will this meme die. Literally no reason to do so when you can dual boot. Unless ofc you virtualize intel CPU on an AMD host so those games will gain fps like crazy (looking at you starcraft2) but i dont know if that works with gpu passtrough.

I use to shit post about how shitty Linux was, but that was because I was uninformed. I had never actually even booted into a Linux live usb.

About a week ago I tried Linux and I feel like an idiot now. It works much better than Windows 10 and does everything I need, plus I don't feel cuck-ed by MS.

I feel like such a retard for using a spyware OS when I didn't even need to.

feels good to no longer be a literal cuck.

lonix sucks ass
dump gay nerds

nice false flag
3/10 for effort

We still have poor hardware acceleration on firefox/chromium (and chrome because default turned off) , as well as some problems with dual gpu laptops.
What im trying to say its totally ok if you can put up with this, but most normies see that they dont have physx support in some gaym on their amd gpu and go full retarded. Also alot of gamers are too tech retarded to properly configure their realtek HD audio card for microphone use or something. I cant imagine those people configuring grub or fixing a broken DKMS update on nvidia card, or properly configuring bumblebee's prime select on drivers other than nvidia-cuurent (you need to manually change the version numer in config files) for steam games use. That said i graduated using linux + some xp VM for LabVIEW since my uni didnt offer a linux version, but i had no problem using octave instead of matlab or libreoffice instead of word and qcad instead of autocad, also gimp/inkscape worked well with libreoffice.

TL;DR no ,normies are too stupd to use windows properly and linux requires better knowledge of what you are doing.

>through gmail because I can't be fucked with private email servers and it's bad practice anyway
Kill yourself

Gaymers are not normies.

Gaymers are children. In the adult world most people don't play gaymes.

you don't need an excuse to use an OS
>the adult world

from my experience most gamers are at least familiar with how to use windows - installing/removing programs, installing drivers and configuring basic shit with gui. Normies usually cant do those kinds of things without infecting their pc with malware or shittones of adware. Note that while this is not a problem on linux, creating an bootable usb and properly formating the pc would be impossible for normies. That is, if they wouldn't first pirate some Ubuntu gold ultimate edition instead of the oreginal iso. Pirate as in download from shady website since you cant pirate a free OS.

>Muh gaymezz
Back to permavirgin manbabby

lonix IS for virgins rofl

Civilisation beyond earth

How do you turn on hw accel in chrome

>Gaymers are not normies.
yes they are

And yet you ARE going to die virgin XDDD

> (OP)
>Also alot of gamers are too tech retarded to properly configure their realtek HD audio card for microphone use or something. I cant imagine those people configuring grub or fixing a broken DKMS update on nvidia card, or properly configuring bumblebee's prime select on drivers other than nvidia-cuurent (you need to manually change the version numer in config files) for steam games use.
Have not had to do any of that since Ubuntu 8.04
Gitgud

Gaymen is literally a 21 billion dollar industry

Hey user, you know what's worse than being a virgin? Having sex for years then not having it for more years than you had it for

You are correct but Bil Baytes has showed Windows up everybodys ass so now they think it's the only thing that has and ever will exists. That is just as sad as believing that Steve Jobs ever invented anything technical.

I converted 2 women in my family to Ubuntu, one has used it for about 6 years now, no issues. The other has used about 1 year, no issues. Both times it was because windows had got a virus. I said I would do free family tech support but only if they would be okay with Ubuntu, so they didn't really get a choice.

Intelligent men like us need to make the decisions.

How would you even know what a reddit post sounds like, faggot?

I agree OP

colonisation of new planet when?

says virgin lol

>yfw

>taking time to make that
lol virgin

Hope you disabled Ubuntu's spyware shit. It's about as bad as Winblows10 out the box.

>Thinking that takes more than one minute

lol both virgin AND retard hehehehehe

macOS is better.

But what about all of muh games? Muh Heroes of Might and Magic 3..

sup

Holy shit I made a fan.

Hi :^) Sorry I can't send you any autograph

I agree, but no one will believe you.

My gamedev school uses 15+ windows only software. Funny thing is I don't want to make games. Switched to linux on my desktop 1 week ago after having it on my old laptop + dual boot on my current one. Never made a better choice.

I didn't but its disabled now in 16.04 so they already have it disabled

>>auto-connecting to network
go to network settings>select your network>allow all users to use the net. It's KDE not openSUSE faggot

I like Linux, but it's not normie ready yet. It lacks polish, it lacks software that is not a half assed copy of a commercial one, and its community is less than welcoming.

That's a nice browser, what is it?

You're thinking of Windows 10.

No w10 is absolutely normie tier. Fad drive, ad filled, data mining garbage for the facebook generation.
Fuck this nutella guy.

It's TDE, not KDE.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>Ubuntu is a South African phrase for "I can't configure Debian"

>making fun of virgins on a tech board
ricing your linux desktop with anime girls nust be so much more manly than gaming

I use linux and I'm a normie.