How long does your laptop battery last anons? And are you happy with it?

How long does your laptop battery last anons? And are you happy with it?

3 hours
no

have a backup pack for that reason, though.

My w530 and t520 last like 3 hours. My x260 the new one lasts like 12 hours.

That being said I hate the new one the keyboard is flat with very little travel and overall its small.

Honestly wondering if I can mod the old thinkpad batteries to have more cells and new cells so they can be larger.

Am I likely to light my apartment on fire anons?

>w530
w520*

I have an old fully kitted out Dell Latitude E6400 from 2008 running Win7, battery lasts 3-4 hours depending on what I'm doing.
So yes, no complaints here, hasn't deteriorated at all.

Around two hours. It's enough for me.

I bought a Medion laptop from Aldi three years ago for 600€ and have used it a lot. The battery still lasts 5 hours of watching movies like it did the day I bought it. So yeah, quite happy.

20 minutes.
Originally it lasted 2 hours 4 years ago so i think its ok for a 10" ASUS EEPC.

Asus K501UX(European)
5 hours with Ubuntu, 6 with nvidia drivers or on Windows

..Yeah?

~1 minute, maybe less.
It's ten years old and replacements are $100 so fuck it.

2-6 hours depending on what I do. It could be better, but the battery is pretty big so I think more efficient hardware could be more effective than just getting a different battery.

if its not on plug, it literally blacks out without a warning after a minute or so. Have I fucked up?

Bought a $20 no-brand battery for my T420 and it gives me around 4-7hrs depending on what I do.

I have a 9-cell that lasts around 8-10h during normal use
this is on a x220 when I have multiple large pdf books open
a win8.1 vm (for word/excel), emacs, and multiple firefox tabs/windows open
and streaming music over wifi.

I love it

>pic unrelated kinda

Like 7 hrs with the cheap chink replacement battery. OEM lasted about 9 new.

3 hours of games or movies, 4-5 of normal use. It also has airplane turbines

My X260 with 3+3 lasts only over 4h. What's your battery config?

You can try fitting higher capacity cells into a 9 cell battery.

I got the larger battery for the 260 and I work in terminal or text editors mostly in the terminal. Been using it for data base administration work and just scripting. So its not very demanding and it is nice to not need to lug in basically all day.

Still everything else about the experience is shitty im like 6'3'' and feel like im typing on a childs toy half the time its just small which I guess helps the battery last.

>You can try fitting higher capacity cells into a 9 cell battery.
This was my first thought there has to be better cells at this point can it handle just larger better cells being put into place and sealed back up?

Can I go so far as to mod the casing and add more batteries?

What are the best ways to reduce battery consumption?

Change HDD for SSD.
LED backlight.
Lower the brightness.
Disable useless hardware(camera, DVD, etc).

What else?

My laptop is perma plugged in

have an acer ultrabook, between 6-12 hrs using windows 10, wanted to try linux in it but someone here said that I would get nowhere near that time

so that's that

Like 1 hour, but it's a 6 year old laptop so I can't complain

4 or 5 hours.
>are you happy with it?
Nope, I've got to get around to picking up a slice battery.

I don't think you easily mod the case. So just stuff some 3400 cells in there.
But there's still the issue with the controller, which may or may not be able to handle the different capacity.

Just got my x260 and it lasts about 6 hours with the 3+3 battery. I'm pretty happy as Ubuntu usually kills battery. With Windows it lasts slightly longer. I'll be getting an SSD soon so that should help too.

Overall very happy. Great laptop

second hand t420, about 15-30 minutes. it's completely fucked. is it worth getting a cheap chink one from eBay or should I get an official battery?

10 hours because Applel product