Google, the worlds largest tech company, does not allow developers to use Windows internally

Google, the worlds largest tech company, does not allow developers to use Windows internally.

forbes.com/2010/06/01/google-reportedly-phasing-out-use-of-windows-marketnewsvideo.html

No where that I have ever worked required me to use windows to program and in fact most required I used Linux or OS X so I could have a unix like environment.

Can we stop pretending like real programmers use Windows? Last I heard even MS didn't use Windows to develop Windows.

Windows is made to be jammed into legacy situations. It's optimized to open word documents from the 90's, not for general computing.

Windows is still The desktop OS, so if your'e writing software for the desktop, you'll have to use windows.

However, for webdev and "cloud computing", it's mostly UNIX based, which is what Google is doing mostly.

Embedded is a mixed bag with a bunch of drivers/tools are Windows-only but the rest works on anything.

Desktop is dead. No one is writing new desktop software.

This is just proof that Google is overtaken by the fucking millennials, real men know to use proven technology that does its job

Call me when Linux and MAC start having games, oh, you never will : ^ )

DELETE THIS

>games

Real men also don't play fucking games you neet.

>Google
>world's largest tech company
Not sure if troll or shill or just dumb.

>Alphabet

So I guess you're saying apple and Samsung are the world's best tech companies? Wew lad that's rich.

> Google
> Real programmers
When was the last time those pajeets made anything good?
Lagdroid doesn't count. All their software ventures I can think of failed spectacularly and were shit

>inb4 Alphabet is not google

Pretty sure its about the largest, not the best.

NEETs these days...

>I have to come up with arbitrary rules just to prove others wrong!

lmao dude

>#8

>So I guess you're saying apple and Samsung are the world's best tech companies?
No, don't know where you saw the word "best" in my post. You need an ophthalmologist.

they didn't make android it was bought.

Are you trying to imply Google+ was well thought out and well programmed?

windows is the normie OS

stupid, inefficient, slow, controlled goyim

actually they should rename windows to

normieOS

"start" having games? both have thousands of titles

>Huwaei is worth more than Intel
damn...

Intels profit is almost exclusively desktop computers. They dominate the CPU sector but not much else.

>This is just proof that Google is overtaken by the fucking millennials,

This has been a policy for many years, 'le millennials' don't get that far up you stupid fuck. They'll become editors at some numale tech website like The Verge or something. You're seriously dumb if you think they take real power positions. Also Windows extremely is inferior to Linux and OS X in every aspect.

other than gaymen

>special snowflake