Oh shit firefox reached version 50.0beta check it out! I mean it's lightning fast with e10s and reliable as always!

oh shit firefox reached version 50.0beta check it out! I mean it's lightning fast with e10s and reliable as always!
let's see

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/50.0beta/releasenotes/

New

Improved printing by using the Reader Mode

New preference for allowing Ctrl+Tab to cycle through tabs in recently used order

Find in page now supports a mode to search for whole words only

Fixed

Fixed rendering of dashed and dotted borders with rounded corners (border-radius)

Changed

Use accel-(opt/alt)-r as the reader mode keyboard shortcut

Emoji for everyone! Firefox will use built-in Emoji on operating systems without native Emoji fonts (Windows 8.0 and lower and Linux)

Locale added: Guaraní (gn)

unresolved

Firefox browser crashes when downloading files from mega.nz

Holy shit guys emoji are finally here! Based mozilla did it again! Truly a milestone for a browser.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/play/KBm8v
webmshare.com/play/Meo8O
webmshare.com/play/Wn1GD
webmshare.com/play/6wK0n
webmshare.com/play/gBdJb
webmshare.com/play/RAE86
webmshare.com/play/LX38L
youtube.com/watch?v=Tzz06h-P-9g
addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i don't use firefox anymore
>New preference for allowing Ctrl+Tab to cycle through tabs in recently used order
theoretically, how many tab functions need to be disabled in order to get them working to like back in firebird, when it made sense?

this is by far my fav feature of new firefox - fucked up hardware acceleration/ tab fonts when browser is in the background

e10s didn't do shit. FF is still slow as fuck

>FF vs Chrome - 30 Random sites
webmshare.com/play/KBm8v
>FF vs Chrome - 11 News sites
webmshare.com/play/Meo8O
>FF vs Chrome - 40+ Instagram profiles on Windows
webmshare.com/play/Wn1GD
>FF vs Chrome - 40+ Instagram profiles on Arch Linux
webmshare.com/play/6wK0n
>FF vs Chrome on bad machine (2core/2thread - 2GB RAM)
webmshare.com/play/gBdJb
>FF vs Chrome with uBlock
webmshare.com/play/RAE86

>Vivaldi vs Opera vs Chrome
webmshare.com/play/LX38L

>bad machine (2core/2thread - 2GB RAM)
lmao
That's not a bad machine at all.

>literally 3 + times faster
damn

is there a source to this? I'd like to read the shitstorm it's causing among firecucks

Loading a bunch of tabs at once wont be comparable until e10s splits individual tabs off into their own processes which it currently doesn't do.

it loads individual tabs 2-5 times faster than firefox

They're individual processes being executed out of order. Firefox only has one content process.

individual as it one tab or page or whatever you call it. if just works faster. open website in chrome - boom done as you click it. in firefox it loads for a second if you're lucky

if you don't support firefox you support eventual google botnet as only gateway to internet

>Emoji for everyone! Firefox will use built-in Emoji on operating systems without native Emoji fonts (Windows 8.0 and lower and Linux)

>bro you might die if you use elevator use stairs instead they are safe!
as much as I loved firefox I can't use it anymore, not after switching from phenom II to a decent i7, at first i thought it was my internet, then I blamed my PC and only now I found the real problem.
I hope the SJW/woman studies money would pay for servo in the future, looking forward to firefox resurgence in like 15 years

Loading a bunch of tabs with Chrome is pretty much impossible without bricking the browser and bricking the computer because of the lack of lazy loading feature.
SessionBuddy is a pointless addon on Chrome because of this.
One of the 3 reasons i'm not on Chrome.

dom.ipc.processCount = 10

or something like that and then restart and try the test again. Pretty sure the results will be very different.

The only reason Mozilla hasn't enabled that many processes yet is they just implemented e10s and they're making sure things are working properly first, plus more processes can consume a lot of RAM they're wrorking on a way to address that problem.

>Use accel-(opt/alt)-r as the reader mode keyboard shortcut

question is, why F5-ing a tab takes 2 seconds on FX and .5 second on Chromium

Is firefox AMD of browsers? Time to drop this shit, seriously. Does anyone have latest market share numbers?

You use software based on how many other people use it?

yes, after more that 90% of users are on different software some websites refuse to work with anything else.

Might as well make it worse then I guess.

Yeah, I wish Chrome had an option to delay the loading of tabs until I click on them. I always resume my last session, and it's annoying having tons of tabs load at once because it slows everything down.

>e10s
just force enabled them on mobile. still laggy dogshit. fml

>will be using tugabrowser v46 forever

If it's not enabled by default there's probably a reason

It's still fucking shit

>Does anyone have latest market share numbers?

yeah I know it's disappointing is all

Which will be in 2017

Meanwhile other browsers had that feature in 2009

Mozilla engineers must be the most incompetent retards in tech

Ignoring the flawed logic in that statement for a moment, it's very hard to support a software company that cares more about gay marriage and newspeak than making a competitive product

Adapting an existing browser with existing addons to something like this is quite a bit different from just making a new browser from scratch.

>lol XD:D
kill yourself reddit

It's a Cred Forums poll.

What do you lads thingken of Vivaldi, the browser

exactly why it's irrelevant and useless
>everyone on the web is a weeb lunux loser freetard

shit. out of everything non-firefox based the only real alternative is chromium

Chromium with a customizable UI. Operah is the way.

>tfw still using version 44 because all later versions dont allow unverified extensions.

When it becomes too old im going to switch to chrome unless firecucks get their act together.

>lightning fast with e10s
does it finally has process per tab, or not?

How long until all addons are e10s compatible? The whole point of FF is the addons, I don't wanna go around disabling shit

Mad Chrome shill detected.

>Improved printing by using the Reader Mode
>New preference for allowing Ctrl+Tab to cycle through tabs in recently used order
>Find in page now supports a mode to search for whole words only
OK, these are GREAT features

>Emoji for everyone! Firefox will use built-in Emoji on operating systems without native Emoji fonts (Windows 8.0 and lower and Linux)
I don't use emojis but it's nice to support emojis on Linux where they are not supported good
At least this way I can see how normies communicate

Thanks Mozilla!

nope. he was posting ironically

This is the AMDcuck reasoning.

Just because you support a company doesn't mean you shouldn't criticize them.

Firefox is awfully shit. Garbage-like compared to chrome these days. This isn't news, its been that way for a long time and the gap has been increasing ever since. E10 alleviates some of the issues, but its not enough at all.

+1
good post (not joking)

>the tab key cycles through your tabs

oh god yes

I could watch this doggy for ever

When Mozilla removes support for the old addons all the addons that firefox supports will be e10s compatible.

man this dog is so comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=Tzz06h-P-9g

50.1 was already released as ready

If you want firebird, here's what you do:
Get seamonkey.

It's a mozilla project with a modern gecko engine but without all the bullshit Firefox has. For example, it respects the freedom of the user by allowing unsigned extensions to be installed; thus you can make your own (or modify existing ones) without being dependent on the Mozilla walled garden.

Most addons from FF work either without changes, or passed through this converter (or done manually if you prefer) addonconverter.fotokraina.com/

It looks a lot like Netscape Navigator/Communicator and is a more direct descendant of those products than modern Firefox is. It even has a mail client, newsreader, and IRC client.

nice try

never gonna use it until you cut the faggy bullshit sjw crap

And the people who use firefox for those addons will stop updating

user how can you read this font
its like needles to the sight

Did you use Firefox first on all these tests?

Still doesn't excuse that they halted development of this feature for 2 years

They made their own bed

Probably e10s wasn't enabled on those tests. Nevertheless interesting comparisons.
check a Cred Forums archive for 'how the fuck people use firefox' or something

>e10s
they have servo?

>It even has a mail client, newsreader, and IRC client.
bloat

>bloat

seamonkey 2.40-5
Architecture: i686
Package Size: 42.2 MB
Installed Size: 117.4 MB

firefox 49.0.1-1
Architecture: i686
Package Size: 41.8 MB
Installed Size: 94.2 MB

no not really
better luck next time

This. Literally no reason to still use Firefucks. Muh extensions is a shit meme.

>servo
isn't servo open source?

SERVO SERVO SERVO
WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN ?

comfortable.
the word you are looking for is comfortable.

if i may ask
how did they manage to fuck up downloading from mega when back in v43 it works perfectly fine?
>so much cancer
i´ll jut stay on 43

>FF vs Chrome
>FF is not a botnet

it worked fine in 49 they just have habit of fucking things up because they genuinely think people only use loonoox and other freeshit so it's OK for things outside their comfort zone not to work

maybe in like 2006
but in 2016 only the absolute poorfags only have 2 gigs of ram

comfy is comfortable+cozy
Even if it is a meme word it still has a meaning

I know a person who has 1 gig and runs windows 7.
But he only plays Nightfire on his PC

Speed is literally a non-factor as long as you don't have third world internet. I'm going to use Firefox until Chrome fixes their shitty tab management, which will never happen

lol just lol

Poo in loo, Pajeet

>posts a meme in firefox defense
kill yourself imbecile

>operating systems without native Emoji fonts (Windows 8.0 and lower and Linux)

A meme? You literally have to be on 2G speed internet for these things to matter, which means you're a Pajeet

firecuck poorshit amd cretin detected

Yes, I'm the one who's poor because I can afford internet that's faster than 2G, you got me there

It was included. Face it, firefox sucks balls.

how the fuck is firefox so fucking slow. my life experience has improved dramatically since going to chromium. fuck.

>my life experience
kek

Other than the ad-loading speed there's no much difference in the first test. This leads to believe Google dependencies are deliberately clogging the speed on Firefox. Also
>comparing them only on Windows 10
Firefox is much faster on Linux
>opening that many tabs
Literally nobody does this. Who ever opens more than 2 tabs at a time?

Firefox (and forks) is Cred Forums's official browser. I want jewgle paid or non-paid shills to leave.

>Proprietary browser being Cred Forums official.

Chromium is the only Cred Forums official browser.

>Proprietary
What the fuck?

Strange. My experience with chrome browsers (Chrome, Chromium, Opera, Brave) was negative exactly because they weren't as fast enough while having less functionality. Chrome-based standalone applications could freeze the system for several minutes at first start.
But after your post I've tried Vivaldi and it works really good. Thanks, mate.