Gotta do a web design module at college and my homework is to choose a text editor...

Gotta do a web design module at college and my homework is to choose a text editor. I have no HTML experience or programming experience really. What do I pick? I like the idea of using VIM but I feel like the steep learning curve might gimp me and I really need these credits. I'll also be learning C# on my course btw.

Which text editor do I pick?

Other urls found in this thread:

brackets.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>my homework is to choose a text editor.

pgb (((pretty good b8)))

visual studio code

glad i could help you sir.

Just get fucking notepad++

vim

Notepad++ is perfect for html and css, literally all you need

This. It's HTML, CSS and a little Javascript at most. You'll be fine with notepad++ and I guarantee you that's what the majority of your class will pick.

Sounds like a simple course so Notepad++ should do fine.

Don't waste your time trying to learn VIM for fucking web design.

notepad++ is just fine. VIM would be a overkill

Go with something modern like Atom or Sublime Text.

vim

use vim-tutor

OP do not I repeat DO NOT use VS Code. It's made by MS and they literally pay people to shill it on tech forums like this one.

Brackets, Atom, Sublime, are all better alternatives plus when you use them you aren't helping MS.

MS is one of the worst companies in the world. Stay as far away from their products as you can.

Vim is fine for web design.

>windows
notepad++
>linux
i actually like gedit (gtk2) for basic html work. there's bluefish too
>mac
bbedit, textwrangler, or you could try upgrading to windows or linux

i use vim myself but that's because i've used vim for years

Microsoft Word

brackets.io/

"i" to go to insert mode and write your code
"escape" to go to command mode
:w to save
:q to quit

that's it you're good to go

>upgrading to windows

>A modern, open source text editor that understands web design
>Made with (love) and JavaScript

into the trash it goes

>press backspace
>doesn't delete the last character

I know for HTML something as simple as Notepad++ would suffice but as I mentioned in the post I should be starting a programming course too for C# and next year I plan to study CompSci at uni so I figured I should pick something that I can use in the long term.

Also I don't run Windows on any of my computers at home.

OP, DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS Cred Forums Cred ForumsTARD,
VsCode is an excellent option for beginners, requires little to no configuration to make what others editors can only do after 4+ plugins and some obscure config.

>not writing everything in ed

You did this to yourself OP

Brackets, dawg

What are you majoring in?

Can I derail this thread to talk about writing C# in Vim or a vim-like editor? I've tried omnisharp-vim but it's not brilliant, and at the moment I'm using ViEmu in Visual Studio. What do others use?