The Verge editor takes job with Apple, works both jobs until early this month

>The Verge editor takes job with Apple, works both jobs until early this month

theverge.com/2016/9/23/13036012/a-note-from-the-editor-in-chief-about-chris-ziegler

How does this make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/a/apple-iphone-7-review-vs-iphone-7-plus
theverge.com/2016/8/16/12491196/samsung-galaxy-note-7-review
theverge.com/reviews/score/80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not surprised.

shut it goy you're ruining it
just read the damn reviews

>A note from the editor-in-chief about Chris Ziegler
>By Nilay Patel on September 23, 2016 04:30 pm

>Hey everyone — there have been questions about Chris Ziegler and his absence from The Verge in the past few weeks. I want to provide answers for those who have been worried about him.

>First, Chris accepted a position at Apple. We wish him well.

>Second, the circumstances of Chris' departure from The Verge raised ethical issues which are worth disclosing in the interests of transparency and respect for our audience. We're confident that there wasn't any material impact on our journalism from these issues, but they are still serious enough to merit disclosure.

>Chris began working for Apple in July, but didn't tell anyone at The Verge that he'd taken a new job until we discovered and verified his dual-employment in early September. Chris continued actively working at The Verge in July, but was not in contact with us through most of August and into September. During that period, in the dark and concerned for Chris, we made every effort to contact him and to offer him help if needed. We ultimately terminated his employment at The Verge and Vox Media the same day we verified that he was employed at Apple.

>Obviously having an Apple employee on The Verge staff is a conflict of interest. Vox Media Editorial Director Lockhart Steele stepped in to conduct an independent review of The Verge's work and staff interactions with Chris during the time he worked at Apple and Vox Media to determine if that conflict had manifested itself in any of our coverage or affected any of our editorial decisions.

this

pretty obvious shilling on that site

Would it be awkward to snuggle with Julie Vins

>That review wrapped up this week. After interviews with more than a dozen Verge and Vox Media employees who worked closely with Chris, and a careful review of emails, Slack logs, and various login histories, Lockhart determined that Chris' conflict of interest did not have any impact on editorial decisions or journalism produced at The Verge or elsewhere in Vox Media. Chris did not attempt to steer any coverage towards or away from Apple, and any particular decisions he helped make had the same outcomes they would have had absent his involvement.

>Chris only actively worked at The Verge while employed by Apple in July, and was almost entirely absent from our team in August, so we are confident that we've reviewed the situation thoroughly. But if it happens that we find new evidence of a story being influenced by Chris' conflict, we will add a disclaimer to that story and link back to this post in order to provide readers with further details.

theverge.com/a/apple-iphone-7-review-vs-iphone-7-plus

>The Lightning EarPods are exactly like Apple’s regular EarPods, which is to say that they sound average-to-bad and fit either fine or not-great depending on your ears.

>Competitors like LG and HTC ship much higher quality headphones with their flagship phones, and Apple owns Beats, so it’s just really hard to understand why it’s still shipping such decidedly mediocre headphones with the iPhone

>do all of the new features of the iPhone 7 make up for the inconvenience of the missing headphone jack? I don’t think so — not yet.

>The entire time I was using the iPhone 7, I felt like I had a prototype

>using the iPhone 7 in a case feels a lot like using a iPhone 6S with a weirder home button and more adapters

>you won’t actually be missing out on much if you don’t get an iPhone 7

>It’s going to be the next iPhones that actually build a useful future

>9/10

>Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review:

>9.3/10

theverge.com/2016/8/16/12491196/samsung-galaxy-note-7-review

Nobody cares about the verge its the technology version of Vice and they are both retarded

I thought the technology version of Vice was Motherboard?

So they are happy to accept any type of phallus, eh?

>Second, the circumstances of Chris' departure from The Verge raised ethical issues which are worth disclosing in the interests of transparency and respect for our audience. We're confident that there wasn't any material impact on our journalism from these issues

implying there's a living soul that doesn't thinks they been suckin Apple's dick pretty much since the beginning.

>2016
>The Verge
>Relevant

I thought the entire staff at The Verge already had contracts with Apple.

>taking tech journalism seriously
>tech journalists taking themselves seriously

tech sites have been a sham since the birth of the internet. That they somehow have journalistic integrity is laughable.
because apple is so huge suddenly they are planting people to shill?
meanwhile, the samsung paid shill defense force carpet bombs every site 24/7.

fuck off.

You sure seem triggered

This. All tech sites are far too positive nowadays. What are we supposed to take away from their figures when the lowest score they'll give is a 7?

Reminder that AnandTech had Apple hire away their phone reviewer and the site owner. The guys that are left don't even hide that they're selling reviews--the companies that don't pay don't get reviewed or delayed until comment threads are derailed by demand. The HTC 10 was just reviewed this week--4 months late. The Galaxy 7 review was months late as well. Apple reviews? Same day.

Apple seems to have coopted web review outlets into being extended branches of their marketing department, apparently for nothing more than a pension or two.

Same in the games press, 7 is deemed average, with 5 being shit, and it falling off from there.

>editor-in-chief

ayylmao

/10
oy vey!!!!

It's Wired.

Phones these days have gotten to the point where almost any flagship is above average. Not sure what else they can do about that score wise.

Never heard of The Verge before.

Is this a covert shill thread?

Lmfao

Fuck The Verge

sauce for OP pic?

>How does this make you feel?+ 0 post omitted.
I AM SO SHOCKED
This is such a surprise knowing the Verge's constant dedication to independent and factually relevant technical reporting

They gave 6s

theverge.com/reviews/score/80

Julia is mai waifu

>(((Chris Ziegler)))

>How does this make you feel?
The fact that his name still doesn't appear on Apple's staff list makes me feel it's not so.

Verge is a shit tech sight. Why do we care?

>sauce for OP pic?
Answer the user's question

What position does he held at applel then?

How do I get hired in the Apple Endorsement Team?

>he trusts reviews on major media websites/channels

why didn't vox simply sue the bitch

why do leftists have to be so dumbly correct