Why does Cred Forums meme thinkpads so much and not other laptops like the HP elitebooks?

Why does Cred Forums meme thinkpads so much and not other laptops like the HP elitebooks?

Pic related

Unrelated*

whos this nigger digger

One Linux a day keeps the Rajeesh away.

I actually think the HP elitebooks are good machines. Thinkpads just have a stronger historical attachment to many anons. Also good cheap laptop and I personally think they look sexy.

Essentially, it's a meme. Not a bad one, but a meme nontheless.

Because they are shit.
ThinkPads are actually milspec 810g tested in a lab.
The durability isn't even remotely comparable.

Whats Cred Forums opinion on the rMBP?

I've never owned one so can't say much. Too expensive for what I would use it for.

Because they're not as good.

Better than consumershit. But the trackpoint is way worse.

I have to say the ZBook is pretty nice though.

$$$

Also strongly doubting if there's going to even be a new MBP. It is counter intuitive to Apple's current paradigm of "Make everything so thin that we have to take away commonly used ports"

The last Apple laptop I had was a PowerBook G4. I'd love to get an rMBP but after getting a laptop with a dock I won't get one without one.

The opinion is "I don't own one, but I hate them."

Best trackpad in the world. If you use a trackpad when you use your laptop then you'll want to use the Macbook Pro's. Autistic Cred Forums NEET faggot loser dick-suckers will overlook this indisputable fact with "muh specs, muh bank account" but you can't beat the user experience of a MBP trackpad, even when using OSs other than MacOS.

Personally, I just prefer the old Thinkpad design. Old Latitudes look good too, but they got ugly two generations before Thinkpads and have less of a cult following. Elitebooks have a shit keyboard layout and the design doesn't appeal to me at all.

who is this penor demeanor?

>indisputable fact
irresistable b8

Dont know about anyone else, but for me it comes down to the fact that the right models are extremely easy to repair/upgrade, parts are cheap, and they are durable as fuck. I can buy a used one with an i7 for under 500 bucks, replace the hdd with an ssd, remove the optical drive and replace it with another ssd. All rogether it would cost 700-800 bucks (if i am not shopping for deals) and it willbe a qork horse.

I started buying them almost predominatley after i had to completely tear apart a dell inspiron to get to a hard drove. Fucking ridiculous. It should require minimal effort to remove the most likely piece that will fail.

its nice, but i can't play my cartoon powerpoints on them so i returned it

Who is this penisdemonsuccubus demon?

Pretty much. Only reason I'd buy a macbook over the competition is the touchpad, never liked apple as a brand overall since they got rid of the scroll wheel thing on the iPods.

I've got an inspiron 3700. Really like the design and best keyboard I ever used on a laptop.

In what ways? You'll have to elaborate if you want to be taken seriously, unfortunately.

Who is this succubus?

Sorry, no laptop has a better trackpad. Every laptop trackpad I've ever touched besides the Macbook's has:

1. Not tracked consistently
2. Either did not feature two-finger scrolling or it fucking sucked
3. Either did not feature gestures such as swipe to go back/forward in a browser, or it sucks or is not supported
4. Is clunky and not fluid
5. Pinch to zoom? Fucking forget about it
6. Doesn't know what the fuck to do when you have even the slightest bit of moisture/cheeto dust on your fingers
7. Is small or awkwardly placed
8. Creeks or is otherwise made of shit plastic that wears and looks like garbage after 2-3 years

It's the main way you interact with your laptop you fucking autists. Why are you overlooking it?

Buy a 2011-2012 Macbook Pro instead. $400-500, +$60-100 to put an SSD in it.

He's not wrong. The only ones who disagree are the ones who have no right stating their opinion as they haven't tried it.

>being this mad for a fucking trackpad
relax you stupid fuck, not everyone is so fucking autistic about it. yes the macbooks have better trackpads, good screens, decent battery life if you are using everything made by Apple. No point in popping a vein for it.

Who is this Seven Demon?

Who's the cum connoisseur